The Deeper you Dig, The Darke...

By lexrekx

"He's back!" Harry cries. "Voldemort's back and he killed Cedric!" Malory's eyes grow big after the word... More

Please Read First!!! (Important)
About the Characters
Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
Aary
Draco
Author's Notes
Love, Draco
That one.
New Draco Malfoy Fanfiction!!

47.

4.3K 140 242
By lexrekx

Trigger warning- Mentions of Eating disorder.

Aary's POV

     About a week ago, Professor Slughorn informed Malory and Blaise of his Christmas party taking place tonight. He also said they were allowed to bring a plus one that isn't a part of the Slug Club.

     Malory would be taking Draco but because they're trying to keep their relationship a secret, it's not the best idea. And yes, Blaise did invite me but I declined to help Draco work on the cabinet. It's the perfect night for us to sneak up there and check it out, considering people will either be at the Christmas event or in their common rooms.

           "Have you decided on what you're wearing?" Blaise nudges Mal's shoulder.

       She looks up from her book and nods. "Aary helped me pick it out. Definitely not like anything I'd normally wear though."

                     Draco's eyebrow raises. "Well what's it like then?"

                            "You'll see later, yeah?" She laughs.

     He rolls his eyes and goes back to eating his morning apple. Although Mal and I picked her outfit last minute, I think it's perfect. But she's right, definitely not something she'd wear.

        I lean in closer to Draco. "When should we head up to the Room of Requirement?"

               His facial expression stays blank. "Once the party starts I assume."

                    "Do you think anyone will get suspicious?"

         "I doubt it," He responds. "They'll probably think we're going to the party too."

      After finishing up breakfast, we all packed our things for holiday break and spent the rest of the day planning for the evening. I helped Mal get dressed for the party and after that sat down with Draco to talk about the cabinet for a bit. Him and I went to the library a few days ago to read about it.

                 "So there's a duplicate in Borgin and Burkes?"

         He nods. "Mal and I saw it when we went to go buy the necklace."

          "So if we connect them, it's basically a way to transport the Death Eaters into Hogwarts?"

      For a second time he nods. When he does, I feel a weird feeling form in my stomach. The thought of Death Eaters taking over the school terrifies me, and I know it does him. Especially because I know one of those Death Eaters is going to be the person who killed my dad.

                     "Love, can you help me with my tie?"

        (Blaise's outfit for party)       

     I look over at the stairs and see Blaise hurrying over to me with his tie a wreck. Draco tries to keep his laughter in while I fix it for him.

            "Is Mal almost ready?" Blaise asks me. "The party starts in ten minutes and being late is always awkward."

                       "I'm coming!" She shouts from our dorm.

      Draco doesn't seem phased by her voice but I keep my eye on him because I know once he sees her it'll be a different story. She finishes putting on her heels then rushes up the stairs to join us.

                      "This doesn't feel like me." Malory huffs.

         (Malory's outfit for the party)       

      Draco lifts his head from his book and instantly his eyes grow huge. I swear I see his mouth fall open but he closes it before I can be sure.

                 "You're wearing that?! Who's all going to this thing?"

       Malory rolls her eyes and completely ignores him, then thanks me again for helping her last minute with the outfit.

             "You two should leave about 15 minutes after us, alright?" Blaise says.

      Draco and I nod and watch as the two of them exit the common room and head to Slughorn's party.

         "You picked that out?" Draco asks me as I sit next to him on the sofa.

                      I smile. "What? You don't like it?"

      "No, it's nice." He explains. "It's just weird. I don't think I've ever seen her in color."

      I chuckle under my breath. "Trust me, it was hard for her to not pick the black one."

Blaise's POV

       Mal and I made it to the party late anyway, probably because she had to keep stopping to fix her heels. So you can imagine how weird it is walking in, especially because a lot of people that are a part of this club aren't fond of us.

            "I'm surprised you didn't bring Aary." Potter says when we enter.

      Malory groans dramatically when she hears his voice.

          "Yeah, I don't think she wanted to see you, honestly." I respond, somewhat sarcastically.

     His face turns sour but he quickly goes back to a normal expression to try and avoid conflict.

                  "So, are you two here together then?"

        I turn to Mal, who's already looking at me, and we both laugh out loud.

                      "Never mind then." He sighs.

      Malory disappears to go find drinks and I follow her in hopes of getting away from Potter, but he follows us over to the tables.

                  "Fucking hell." Malory whispers.

      She hands me a drink and I see Potter's hand reach over to grab one sitting on the table, but she picks it up and drinks all of the liquid in it.

              "Oh, you wanted that?" She playfully jokes.

      His jaw clenches but he just makes himself a new one. I don't know why he continues to be nice to the both of us when clearly we're being rude for a reason. There's something else behind it.

          "Mal, weren't your grades in Potions last year below Outstanding?" He asks her.

     She takes a few slow sips from her drink awkwardly. "It's odd that you know that, but yes."

             He nods. "You must have a pretty good tutor then, considering you're at the top of the class now."

       I glance her way but she keeps eye contact with Harry.

            "What can I say, Draco is extremely talented."

      He gives her another filthy look but this time I know he's about to say something negative. And honestly I get excited, but something interrupts.

       The door of Slughorn's classroom swings open abruptly and everyone turns to see Draco rushing in frantically. At first I assume that him and Aary were caught by a professor wandering the halls, but then realize he's alone.

           "What is the meaning of this, Mr. Malfoy?!" Professor Snape growls.

      Draco tries to catch his breath and as soon as he does, he makes eye contact with me.

                            "It's Aary."

      The cup in my hand falls when I start running towards the exit, causing glass to shatter everywhere. I hear gasps coming from behind me but I ignore all of them. The only thing I focus on is Draco in front of me, taking me to the seventh floor.

              "Draco, what the fuck happened?!" Malory shouts.

       He doesn't answer until we reach the Room of Requirement, where I see Aary laying on the ground unconscious. I push past him and drop to the floor beside her, lifting her head off of the ground.

         "S-She just passed out," Draco stutters. "I tried to catch her before she hit her head but I think she did anyway."

                     "Aary." I say nervously while touching her face.

      I press my head to her chest and let out a sigh of relief when I hear her heartbeat. Quickly, I pick her up in my arms and turn around to see Malory and Draco moving out of the way for me.

                      "Where are you going?!" Malory asks.

          "Madam Pomfrey." I tell them while walking out of the doors.

        I know she's going to ask me a lot of questions and I'm not going to know how to answer them, but that's not what I'm worried about. Right when I turn the corner of the hallway I see a large group of students and Professor Slughorn standing, concerned.

                 "Merlin's Beard! What happened?" Slughorn gasps.

       I move my way through all of them without giving an explanation, I know Malory and Draco will think of something for me. Luckily the hospital wing isn't far from the 6th floor so I fast walk the entire way there, and shout for Madam Pomfrey.

                         ~         ~        ~

      It doesn't take much longer for Aary to wake up after they get fluids in her, but when she does wake up it's not for long. Madam Pomfrey predicted that though so it doesn't worry me. Mal and Draco had to try and explain why we all were in the Room of Requirement, I think Professor Snape got us out of trouble. But when they did join they brought snacks for me so I didn't have to leave.

               "Do they know what happened?" Draco asks.

       I shrug my shoulders and open my mouth to respond, but then see Madam Pomfrey signaling for me to talk to her in the hallway. I hesitate at first but only because I don't want to leave the bedside, but Mal rests her hand on my shoulder.

            "I'll make sure she doesn't run off." She says jokingly.

      I roll my eyes and get up from my chair to join Madam Pomfrey in the hall. The look she gives me instantly makes me feel sick.

              "How is Miss Black's appetite?" She asks me.

     The question instantly gives me the answer to what has happened and my heart drops. Not only because of what she's doing to herself, but because I didn't help her.

         "She hasn't eaten in days." Madam Pomfrey continues. "I don't know how she even lasted this long."

              "I-I didn't know." I swallow the lump in my throat. " I don't know how I didn't know, I should have been paying attention-"

              "Blaise." She stops me. "It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for this. All you can do now is help her get better."

       I turn my head and look back at Aary laying in the bed sleeping peacefully, then nod.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Just Neighbors By Sophie

General Fiction

15.5K 374 52
**COMPLETE** It's five years after the war. Hermione lives in a nice muggle flat in London. She notices someone new now lives in the flat across the...
13.1K 597 13
It's a year after the second wizarding war, Lord Voldemort has been defeated, Harry Potter has come back to Hogwarts to finish his final year of scho...
1.5M 30.7K 55
"It's unnatural. I won't stand for my son tarnishing the family name for some filthy half-blood." I clenched my fists and turned away from him. After...
1.1M 22.6K 75
"Get on your fucking knees Iris." ---------- "You... don't ... know ... what ... it's ... like." He breathed between each stroke, "being ... inside...