9.

Draco's POV

                        "Why did you have to invite them?" Blaise snaps at me.

        "They would have crashed the party anyway," I tell him. "At least they didn't cause any problems."

                          "Yeah, sure." Blaise scoffs.

      He gets up from the sofa and heads downstairs to our dorm, leaving me alone. There are a few people still awake but everyone else is passed out. The music is playing softly through the radio and every so often a song I like will come on. Each time that happens I imagine dancing to it, but not by myself.

        I stare down at the glass in my hand and watch as the little bit of alcohol still inside circles around the bottom. It's nearly 5am and for some reason I'm still in the mood for more drinks.

       As I'm sipping I notice a figure walking towards me and lower the glass to see who it is. Aary slowly walks over and falls back dramatically onto the sofa, then lets out a big sigh.

                     "Where did you come from?" I chuckle.

      She bites down on her lip trying to hide her excitement. "Fred took me for a ride on his broom."

      I raise my eyebrows and she looks at me confused, then smacks me in the stomach.

                        "Not like that you tosser!" She hisses.

                     I raise my hands in defense. "I was joking!"

                    "Yeah, yeah." She mumbles playfully.

       I turn and rest my elbow on the back of the sofa, then my chin on the palm of my hand.

                             "So...."

         Aary looks at me awkwardly. "So what?"

                                "Was it fun?"

         She smiles again and nods. "Yeah, it was really fun."

        "That's good, I'm glad." I say while pouring another drink.

         She stays quiet for a moment and I can tell she's replaying the night in her head.

                    "I really like him, Drac." She whispers.

       "I can't believe you're saying that about a Weasley." I make fun of her.

            Instantly, she gets defensive. "Well, at least I actually like someone."

       I know she's somewhat joking with me so I just laugh along. It is a little true, I've never been in a relationship but I've always had at least one girl around. And when Aary says that none of them come to mind, someone completely different does.

                                             Aary yawns. "I need to get to bed."

      She gets up and stretches, then looks around at all of the students sleeping on the floor.

                                "Did Mal ever make it to the dorms?" She asks me.

      I shrug my shoulders and she groans. "Well if you see her tell her it's past her bedtime."