93.

Song of the Chapter: Hold On by Chord Overstreet

Aary's POV

      Harry disappeared. And even though I want to try and help him when he does return, I can't keep my eyes off of Malory. When I see her reach for the sword I feel excitement rising in my chest, she finally has the chance to do it.

       But as soon as it's in her grasp, she doesn't move closer to her father. And when he realizes what she's trying to do she doesn't look afraid.

       As he charges towards her, the three of us wait patiently for the blade to spin around in his direction. My focus moves back and forth between the two of them quickly and every time I think one of them is going to make a move, they don't.

             "S-She's going to miss the opportunity." Blaise says nervously.

      I want to think otherwise, but he's right.

        "Come on, Mal." Draco mutters under his breath. "What are you trying to do?"

       I can't make out the conversation going on between the two of them but the words coming out of her father's mouth are bringing her to tears. Suddenly, his hands grip around the end of the sword with hers and they each begin pulling it different directions.

               "I'm going over there." Draco tells us.

        "What?" I grab his hand. "He won't hesitate to kill you, Drac!"

       The anger on his face sends a chill down my spine. He instantly pulls his hand away from mine and starts in the direction of Malory.

       I feel for my wand in my back pocket and slowly grip my fingertips around it. Once Blaise sees me doing so, he does the same.

        All of the horcruxes are destroyed, meaning he's at his weakest. If we have to jump in and help her kill him then that's exactly what we'll do. At this point, I'll do anything to end this.

Blaise's POV

           "Malory, I will kill every single one of your friends!"

       I read the words coming from Voldemort's lips just as he pulls a wand from his side and points it towards Draco. Malory's eyes travel to him but her grip on the sword doesn't budge.

                 "Draco, move!" Aary pleads.

     He completely ignores her and continues moving closer to Malory. Surprisingly though, Voldemort doesn't try to kill him. For the first time ever his focus is locked on his daughter.

      He's weak, I can see it in how easily Malory is pulling the sword away. But why is she not using her strength to kill him?

                   "What's going on?"

      I turn my head to see Granger and Weasley standing beside us. They're covered in more blood and dirt than the last time we saw them, I assume from trying to help Potter.

                  "She's trying to kill him." Aary explains.

     Granger narrows her eyes to see better, but something makes her eyes suddenly grow big.

                 "You said she's trying to kill him?" She asks.

      Before I nod, I look back to Malory. She's stopped fighting and so has Voldemort. The courtyard is full of sounds but looking at them makes it seem as if the area is silent.