53.

Aary's POV

     When Mal and Draco came back Christmas night I could tell something bad had happened by the looks on their faces. The second Mal tried to explain, she broke down into tears. Draco spent the rest of the night trying to calm her down, he didn't even leave her side until she fell asleep. Once she did though, he explained to Blaise and I what had happened.

      We all debated with Mal for days on whether or not she should go back to school. If Harry did tell his friends and the word gets around, things are going to be bad. But if Mal ditches school then it'll be obvious to everyone that it's true, making the situation worse.

     So with that being said, now we're here.

            "Why do we have so many classes with him anyway?" Mal huffs.

     I shrug and she drops her head onto the sink counter, irritated.

         "It's only the first day, Mal. If word is going to spread it's not going to be today."

                    "You don't know that." She mumbles.

     The bathroom gets silent and when Mal decides to move away from the sink, I take her place to finish putting up my hair. I hear her digging around underneath her bed for a few minutes but eventually she comes back with a bottle of alcohol in her hand.

          "What's the punishment for going to class wasted?" She asks me.

                     I scoff. "Suspension."

       She stares down at the liquor bottle, then back up at me. I try to give her a serious expression but it's nearly impossible, probably because it does sound like fun. Being friends with the boys has made us almost addicted to being rebellious.

                              "Bottoms up."

        I expect her to take a few sips for a nice buzz but as the seconds go by and she doesn't set the whiskey down, I realize that she's really trying to get trashed. And before I can stop her, it's too late.

                 "Mal!" I snap. "Snape is going to kill you."

            She rolls her eyes. "Yeah right, he's just glad I still come to class."

         I narrow my eyes at her as she wiggles the bottle in front of my face, tempting me even more. After going back and forth in my head multiple times I finally take the whiskey from her grasp and start sipping.

        Once I'm finished I hand the drink back to Mal, who finishes everything inside, then the two of us start heading to class. Before we even exit the common room I start to feel it, and it's noticeable that Mal is too.

                 "There you are." Draco says while walking up to us.

         He takes a look around the hall to make sure no one is around, then quickly gives Mal a kiss on the lips as a way of saying good morning. Immediately her breath grabs his attention.

                     "What the fuck? It's still morning."

        Mal gives him a weird look. "What are you on about?"

          I try to walk away from them to avoid getting interrogated but Draco grabs the hood on my robe, pulling me backwards. I smile up at him innocently.

                   "You let her drink before class?" He growls.

        I raise my hands in defense. "I'm not her boyfriend, why am I supposed to babysit her?"