Prologue

June 24th, 1995

                   "Who do you think is going to win this?" Aaryana asks Malory.

        Before she can reply, Draco butts in. "It better not be Potter."

         Malory rolls her eyes and doesn't end up answering the question at all. She knows that Harry is probably going to win whether they like it or not.

            "Well whoever is going to win, can they hurry the fuck up?" Blaise groans.

       Draco whispers something to Malory that makes her burst into laughter. The four students move closer together as the wind picks up and the temperature goes down.

                             "This is ridiculous." Draco huffs.

         Just as Malory is about to respond, a pain shoots up her left arm. She uses her right hand to squeeze it tightly in hopes of making the burning sensation go away, but it doesn't help.

                              Aaryana leans over. "Are you okay, Mal?"

           Malory tries to respond but the pain leaves her speechless. It grows from her arm into her head, causing her eyes to shut aggressively.

         Suddenly, the crowd starts to cheer as the winner of the Triwizard tournament returns from the maze.

                      "Oh, bloody hell!" Blaise shouts. "Do you guys see who it is?!"

                    Draco nudges Malory's arm. "It's Potter! Can you believe this shit?!"

            When she doesn't respond to him he looks down and sees her gripping her arm intensely. Him and Aaryana give each other worried looks.

                                        "Is she okay?"

          A scream comes from the opposite side of the field and everyone looks up, including Malory. Beauxbatons student Fleur Delacour points at the body hidden underneath Harry Potter and cries.

                         "He's dead!" She sobs.

                        "What did she say?" Malory asks.

             "I..." Aaryana struggles to answer. "I think it's Diggory."

          Once Dumbledore reaches Harry, he starts saying things that don't make sense. The field goes quiet as everyone tries to listen in on what he's saying.

               "He's back!" Harry cries. "Voldemort's back and he killed Cedric!"

         Malory's eyes grow big after the words come out of Harry's mouth. The pain slowly starts to fade and it's replaced by fear.

                    "There's no way, right?" Blaise asks his friends.

          They all stay silent. Malory wipes the sweat from her neck and tries to breathe normally but struggles to do so.

           There is no way, he's dead. He died October 31st, 1981, She thinks to herself.

         But when she glances down at her left arm and rubs the fabric of her coat sleeve, a terrifying thought comes to mind. A thought that has always lingered in her brain but was never taken seriously.

                          Dad's back.