68.

Aary's POV

                "Stop it." Draco hisses.

       I dig my finger into the icing on the cake and lick it off dramatically, all while smiling at him. He shoots me a glare and continues to place sprinkles on the top.

           "How come we didn't do anything for Mal's birthday last year?" I ask.

                  He sighs. "I offered, she wasn't really up for it."

      Looking back at this time a year ago, I thought that was our lowest point. I think that's what we all thought.

             "Alright, get out of my way." Draco demands while picking up the cake.

      I roll my eyes while moving to the opposite side of the counter beside Blaise. Once Draco starts making his way to Snape's study, we follow behind. He signals for me to knock on the door and I do so.

      After a few seconds, Snape opens the door slowly. He stares down at the cake awkwardly with newspaper in his hand. He sighs heavily, then moves out of the way. I peek past Draco's shoulder and see Mal passed out in one of the chairs with a book cradled in her arms.

     Carefully Draco sets the cake on the tea table, then crouches beside her. He moves the strand of hair dangling in her face and slowly I see her eyes open.

                     "Happy birthday, loser." Draco says quietly.

       She sits upright and stretches her arms dramatically, then pulls Draco in for a kiss. Snape rolls his eyes before exiting the room.

              "We made you a cake!" I say happily while pointing to the table.

                       "I made you a cake." Draco mumbles.

       Blaise mocks him while cutting the cake into slices. Mal brings her knees up to her chest and smiles at us.

               "You three are the greatest." She says. "What kind of cake is it?"

                      "Strawberry." Draco and I say in sync.

      I take a plate from Blaise and hand it to Mal, who quickly starts eating. Her and Snape have spent the past 24 hours discussing horcruxes and I don't think she's really taken care of herself while doing so.

            "So," Draco sighs while wiping his mouth. "What do you want to do today?"

                 Mal shrugs. "We could watch a movie or something-"

                         "Lame, try again." Blaise yawns.

      She slouches in the chair and crosses her arms. I notice Draco getting lost in thought but before I can ask him anything, he starts talking.

                          "I have an idea."

         Mal scrunches her eyebrows. "What?"

             "I have an idea, but it's mad." He mutters.

      Mal and I make eye contact and I can't help but smirk. Although Draco hasn't explained, I know it's right up our alley.

       "Get dressed," Draco says while getting up. "We're going to take a trip to Wiltshire."