AtLA Rewritten: Edition 1

By emyluofficial

An AtLA fanfiction with some slight twists; now, the rulers take after European Royalty in a halfway moderniz... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84

Chapter 2

34 1 0
By emyluofficial

"We're not gonna hurt you," he started, voice stiff with awkwardness. He spotted her eyes peering above a bin and choked. Her blue eyes contrasted beautifully with her dark hair. She was wearing a cropped maroon hoodie with black pants, four pockets lining her thighs, and a white drawstring around the waist. He looked away, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's a long story, to be honest." He glanced behind him, taking another step forward. "That kid with the headband? He's the Avatar." A thief wouldn't have much respect for the Fire Tribe. They were not easy on those who stole. "He can't firebend, and I've somehow lost control of mine so I can't teach him like I planned." He crept forward as he walked, until he was right in front of her. He extended his hand. "Um. Would you help us? We heard you're a great bender, and we need you. Katara is paying for what you stole. We can get you out of here safely, I promise."

She stood there, her eyes on him, moving to the scar on his face and slightly widening before looking away. She bit on her lower lip, then faced him when he mentioned the Avatar. "So it is true," she said. She brought her thumb to her lips and bit on it. She took a few steps forward; the light hit her and made her features visible. Zuko looked up and took a step back. "I'm not homeless, you know," she said, her arms crossing and her eyebrows furrowing as she scanned him. Up and down, up and down, then her icy gaze fixed on his golden eyes. "You are not safe here. You specifically, nor the Avatar and the rest of your little group." She approached him but stopped at a decent distance, only a few steps away from him. "I can lead you to safety," she stated calmly, her eyes looking behind his shoulder and then back at him.

Zuko jerked his gaze from hers, scratching his arm. He dropped his arms, looking her in the eye. "We're in disguises," he pointed out, though nothing could hide his scar, "and we don't camp anywhere near people. They've been in hiding for a while now. They know what they're doing." His breath quickened as she got closer, and he blinked his eyes hard. "I'm sure they'll appreciate somewhere to stay, no matter where it is. Can you get us out of here safely?"

Athlea looked at him. "You'd better use that hoodie over your head. You're the exiled prince and don't wanna blow your cover." Her hand moved to her hip. She looked over his shoulder again. "Your friends are seemingly waiting for you," she said and walked over, stopping right beside him. He held his breath, nodding and letting her pass. "If you would just kindly follow me." She pulled her hoodie over her head and stepped out of the alleyway. Zuko exhaled slowly before following her.

"Zuko!" Sokka called out just as he noticed the girl coming out of the alleyway--that was her! Right? "Aang, is that--?" he asked, tugging on the Avatar's sleeve.

"...Yes?" Aang responded, equally confused.

"Oi! What did you do?!" Sokka called out as she simply walked by.

As they left the shadows, Zuko made eye contact with Aang and Sokka and nodded once. He stopped by them, nodding after her, even though she was still walking. "She has somewhere safe we can stay," he told Aang. He glanced over at the shop, where Katara and Toph were returning from. "They're ready to leave. Let's follow her."

The girl kept walking ahead. They followed one by one as if they were all ducklings and she was the mother. Sort of. They walked in silence for a moment before their typical nosiness broke out, Zuko behind her watching her hair cascade over her back, Katara and Toph walking together behind him, and Aang and Sokka at the rear. They walked until they reached a bus stop, and there they got on the bus, which was empty. They each took a respective seat. Zuko stood, but the girl remained standing, holding the bar. He sat awkwardly. "You need a proper hoodie, everyone can recognise who you are from your robe." She finally spoke. Her voice was calm, smooth. Like the sea.

"Right," Zuko muttered.

"How can a girl be a master?" Sokka suddenly asked, arms crossed.

"What's wrong with being a girl?" Toph asked, clearly annoyed.

"Have you met Toph and I?" Katara snapped, immediately after Toph's comment. She looked from Aang to the strange girl. "Sorry, but he's not the brains." She narrowed her eyes at her brother. "Nor the brawn."

"Umm... hehe." Sokka awkwardly chuckled.

"If that's so bad, go to someone else and don't waste our time, because I'm a girl," the stranger responded.

"No, no, no! What he meant is that he didn't expect it!" Aang said immediately to save the situation. At the same time, the bus came to a stop.

"Cute," she muttered, noticing the quick rescue as she got off the bus. "Come on. We need to walk a bit more." They all followed.

It was a nice little town. Quiet, letting Toph "see" clearly. "Now this is better," the blind girl said with a nod.

"Quieter, too," Aang agreed, liking it.

The girl led them to her house, only five minutes from the bus stop, and she opened the door."Come on," she said, inviting them all in.

Once they got off the bus, Katara gave Toph a relieved glane, happy that she felt safer now. She walked into the house after Zuko, glancing around. It wasn't a big house, but it was snug and warm inside. "It's nice."

Zuko nodded, looking at the ground wordlessly.

The girl looked at them. "You all need a wardrobe change," she muttered to herself mostly, but loud enough for them to hear.

"Hey!" Sokka protested. "I like my shirt, showing my muscles," he said with a confident grin.

"Then work on them more," the girl simply said with a shrug as she closed the door. Katara looked down at Toph, smirking. The house was cosy and warm, as she had turned on the lights."No need to look at the ground, no one will bite you." She looked at the Prince, a hand on his shoulder, offering a soft squeeze before pulling away and leading them off to the living room. "I'm Athlea, by the way."

Zuko looked up sharply, taking a step away from her hand, inhaling sharply again. "They might," he joked quietly, glancing at Katara and Toph, "and it sounds like you might too."

Toph sat down on the floor pillows with a pleased smile. "This is comfy, I like it!" she expressed genuinely.

Aang took a seat on the couch instead, and so did Sokka. Zuko followed Athlea in, sitting between the two. "So... the Prince here told me you need my help," Athlea finally said, leaning against the door frame, putting her backpack down now and crossing her arms. "You lost your fire bending and you need to learn, right Avatar?"

Aang nodded with a smile. "Yes! We've had some... difficulties with fire bending," Aang admitting. He frowned for a moment. Katara noticed and flushed lightly, touching her necklace.

"Doesn't surprise me. Fire bending isn't easy. And you? How does one lose their bending?" Athlea asked Zuko, eyebrow raised and pure confusion on her face.

Zuko took a sharp breath to defend himself, then stopped. "We figured that when I left the Fire Nation and I joined the Avatar, I lost my purpose. Because I used to take out everything on him, sort of. And now I need a new motive. I know that it needs to be helping Aang, but that apparently isn't enough," he said calmly.

"It was a very funny moment. I am sorry Zuko, but it was." Sokka said, chuckling as he stood up, mimicking the exact same movement Zuko did when a tiny flame came out. "And then a tiny flame came out and he was all flustered," he said. The room went silent. "Really? No one?" Sokka asked. He sat back down and let out a sigh, looking away with his arms crossed.

Zuko glared up at Sokka. "Firebending is all I have!" he snapped at Sokka, leaning forward.

"Motivation has a lot to do with bending in general I assume," Thea responded. "But I believe we need to work on your core." She finally looked at Zuko. "Core and breathing. Controlling it."

Zuko glanced at Athlea, then down at his stomach. Aang looked at Zuko and chuckled. "I don't think she meant your stomach."

"Man, fire bending sounds harsher than earth bending," Toph commented as she relaxed on the floor pillow.

"It kind of is. Fire bending can combine all bendings together. Being graceful like a waterbender, hard like earthbending, free and flexible like airbending. It needs a clear mind," Athlea explained.

"I have never heard that theory before." Sokka said.

"It is interesting. So all bendings can help with firebending!" Aang said, excited. Katara eyed him for a second.

"In... a way," Athlea said looking to the side and then back at them. "Anyways, I can go prepare some food. I think you all must be starving." She moved to the kitchen.

***

A/N what do you guys think of Athlea? she's so cold at first. why do you think that is? it'll be revealed real soon! also, do you agree with what she said about firebending being like all the elements? i kinda disagreed, but she put it in a way that i have to admit makes her sound correct

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.7K 47
"I am Regina Elaria, Fire Lord Azulon's successor, future Empress of the Fire Nation. Daughter of the ex-Crowned General Iroh, Cousin of the royal gr...
144K 4.9K 15
You, the reader, woke up on a ship and discovered that you had been transported to the Avatar universe. You have to work with the GAng and figure out...
49.5K 1.4K 36
โ”Šอ™โœงห–*ยฐเฟ IN WHICH a fire nation princess joins a group of young teenagers and makes allies, enemies and memories within their journey towards ending t...