promises ❥ harry potter x fem...

By ilyhjp

falling for the chosen one, what could go wrong? maybe some promises were meant to be broken in the end. bec... More

welcome!
main cast
1.1 king's cross station
1.2 the sorting ceremony
(1-2) oh, how fast time flies by
3.1 the leaky cauldron
3.2 if you would like to?
3.3 the hippogriff
3.5 impervius!
3.6 the marauder's map
3.7 snowmen
3.8 time turner
3.9 happy goodbyes
4.1 the quidditch world cup
4.2 for you
4.3 i'm not an owl
4.4 the first task
4.5 dance practice
4.6 jealousy
4.7 the yule ball
4.8 the second task
4.9 promise?
4.10 the third task
5.1 distance
5.2 grimmauld place
5.3 anger
5.4 professor umbridge
5.5 you and me
5.6 the DA
5.7 infatuated
5.8 DA meetings
5.9 christmas
5.10 raining cats and dogs
5.11 patronus
5.12 sirius black
5.13 the courtroom
6.1 weasley's wizard wheezes
6.2 runes
6.3 quidditch tryouts
6.4 the three broomsticks
6.5 lavender brown
6.6 jealously, jealously
6.7 melted souls
6.7 like lightning
6.8 oh ronald!

3.4 flying into your heart

7.1K 244 730
By ilyhjp

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Hermione, do you think tinted chapstick is too much?" I stared at the mirror in front of me, which reflected Hermione lying on her bed.

Hermione looked up from her potions textbook. "I thought you said it was just quidditch practice."

I turned behind me to see her smirking up at me.

"Answer the question."

"Yes, I mean what if you guys snog or something. He'll taste cherry," Hermione said, stifling a laugh.

I grabbed the pillow next to my desk and threw it at her. It caught her off guard and hit her smack in the middle of her face. I snorted as she jokingly glared at me.

"Like I mentioned before, I do not like Harry!" I exclaimed before turning back to the mirror. I applied the cherry chapstick liberally before standing up.

"Goodbye, Hermione. I will be going to quidditch practice now," I said with a smile on my face.

"If you do snog, you have to let me know!" she called as I exited our room, bundled with sweaters and scarves.

Harry's pov ϟ

I picked up two brooms as I saw Y/N enter the field.

"Hi!" she said excitedly as she ran up to me. "Are you ready to be outflown by me?" She had a smirk on her face. I looked down at her lips, which were pinker than usual.

I scoffed jokingly. "Not a chance. If you had forgotten, I am the youngest seeker in over a century."

"Sure, Mr. Potter," she said with a smile on her face as she grabbed a broom from my hand. "Let's fly."

We shot up into the air as I played keeper while she threw quaffles at me. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw how well she played. I secretly hoped we would be on the team together this year since it would mean I could spend more time with her. We went on for a couple of hours, Y/N making the goal nearly every time.

"You're a horrible keeper. You should be glad you're a seeker," she mocked as she made another goal. Both of our cheeks were flushed red due to the harsh wind. It was getting late, around dinner time and the winds started to pick up.

I rolled my eyes playfully as I threw her the quaffle. As she reached up to catch it, a gust of wind flew and she was thrown off her broom. I heard her shriek as she fell.

I flew down and jumped off my broom in time to catch her from hitting the ground. I didn't think it completely through and landed hard on my back. We landed on the grass with a thud, Y/N on top of me. Thankfully, we weren't that high off the ground.

"Oh my god, Harry! I'm so sorry!" Y/N said as she scrambled off me. "Oh no, do you need to go to the infirmary?! I'll help you there."

I winced as I stood up, leaning on Y/N. Truthfully, it didn't hurt much but I liked having her close to me. We walked out of the field as we saw Hermione run towards us.

"Harry! Sirius Black has been sighted at Dufftown, which is near Hogsmeade..." Hermione trailed off as she saw me leaning against Y/N.

"Oh Godric, what did you do!" she exclaimed worriedly as she helped us towards the infirmitory.

"Just a small fall, no worries," I reassured her and the three of us walked towards Madam Pomfrey. Y/N opened the door and told Madam Pomfrey what happened. She quickly got a cot ready and told me to lay there.

"Now, you two run along. Harry is fine with me. It's dinner time and I'm sure Ron wouldn't fancy you leaving him alone," Madam Pomfrey told Hermione and Y/N as she fetched me heating pads.

"Hermione, you can go. I'm not that hungry and I'll stay with Harry. Also, someone'll have to tell Ron about this," I heard Y/N say as Hermione smiled at me weakly before leaving the infirmary.

"Oh Godric, Harry," Y/N apologetically sighed as she pulled a chair next to my bed and reached for my hand. "I am so sorry, this is all my fault. If there is anything you want done, ask me! I'll do it."

"Really," I said, raising my eyes playfully.

"Not anything weird," Y/N's eyes narrowed before turning sad again. "Quidditch tryouts are tomorrow though, what will you do-"

She was cut off as Madam Pomfrey came over. "Alright Mr. Potter, it doesn't seem that bad and if everything goes to plan, you'll be better by morning. Drink this," she handed me a cup filled with a green liquid. I drank it in one go and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I gave the cup back to Madam Pomfrey, who left for her office.

"It's fine! I'm sure Oliver wouldn't mind, I am the best seeker at Hogwarts," I said humorously, trying to brighten up the mood. "Also, Madam Pomfrey said I'll be better by tomorrow anyways. Don't worry."

Y/N's face relaxed as she heard those words. She realized she was still holding my hand and jerked away, looking quite embarrassed.

"You said that if I asked you to do anything, you would do it right?"

Y/N looked at me confused before nodding.

"Then hold my hand, it's quite cold."

She laughed before enveloping my hand with both of hers. "Alright, Mr. Potter. I'll do as you wish."

We talked for a couple of hours about quidditch and classes before she fell asleep, still holding my hand.

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Alright, welcome to Gryffindor Quidditch Team tryouts! This year is my last year to win the Quidditch cup, so I'm only taking the best people on the team," Oliver called out to the large group of people wearing quidditch uniforms and holding brooms. I gulped nervously and looked at Harry who was standing next to me. Thankfully, he turned out alright and we both went to breakfast together in the morning. 

"Now, people who were on the team move to the left and- HEY! IF YOU AREN'T IN GRYFFINDOR, OUT NOW!" Oliver pointed angrily at a couple of Slytherins lurking around the field. "Now, as I was saying, people who were on the team last year move to the left and newbies move to the right."

"You got this, Y/N," Harry whispered into my ear before leaving to the left. When he noticed I was still standing in the middle of the field, he pushed me playfully. I shot him a soft glare as he smiled back teasingly before running towards the last year's team. 

In all honesty, I was so nervous. I really wanted to get the position, but I would be going against three old chasers for the spot. I walked over to the group of people standing on the right of the field.

"Alright, we will be doing beater tryouts first, then seekers, chasers, and obviously I'm keeper." Oliver motioned for the beaters to get on their brooms. Fred and George shot me a wink when they saw me fidgeting with my hands before flying into the air. They really did know how to make me feel better.

The tryouts continued as Fred and George got the spots as beaters and Harry as seeker.

"Alright, chasers. Mount your brooms and fly up. I'll be blocking the quaffles and whoever gets the most in gets the spot." Oliver flew up, guarding the three hoops.

Thankfully, only Angelina, Katie, Alicia, and I were trying out, raising my chances.

Angelina went first, scoring four out of five goals, and Katie went next, making a clean five out of five. I turned to see Alicia glaring at me from her broom. I glared back as she flew up, grabbing the quaffles. I watched nervously as she made the first three in perfectly. To my surprise, she missed the last two, scoring three out of five.

"Alright, Tipnesse?" Oliver called as I flew up with a quaffle in hand. I looked down to see Harry smiling at me from the ground. I had a sudden rush of confidence as I flew, making five out of five goals.

"Where have you been?" Oliver asked in amazement as the five of us flew down.

"Me?"

"Yes you! Why didn't you try out last year? You're a natural!"

"Uh... I guessed I never thought of it?" I shrugged at him happily before I was thrown back from Harry's hug.

"You made it!~" Harry sang and we jumped up and down in a hug. "Our first game is in a few weeks and I'm so excited!" I laughed into his sweater. "It's time for lunch. Oh god, it's Saturday! Another reason to be happy."

We smiled at each other before we realized the entire team was staring. Fred and George specifically were smirking at us. I cleared my throat as we both stepped away awkwardly.

"Okay, uh" Oliver spoke over the awkward silence. "Just to clarify, we have Fred and George as beaters, myself as keeper, Harry as seeker, and Angelina, Katie, and Y/N as chasers! We have an amazing team and the practice schedule will be up in the common room so make sure you check it out before bed. We will win this year!" He waved his hands to dismiss us as Harry and I ran towards the Great Hall, excited to tell Ron and Hermione. My heart exploded with happiness as Harry held my wrist. 

A/N: i love the quidditch moments <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 3.2K 29
when and accident involving a time turner and a few idiots sends 5 teenagers far into the futures, they discover secrets about one another, and how d...
394K 15.5K 131
'And he's the best fuck that ever walked. He's beautiful - rich, in money and everything else; he's a rockstar to boot, trapped in the body of a figh...
19.8K 697 45
"𝙒𝙚'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙨𝙠, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙." "𝘼𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚...
84.2K 1.4K 57
PT 1 - COMPLETE { All 8 movies. No promise xx} You play as Caitlin a girl who has been abused her whole life until she receives a letter finding out...