Running in CiRCLES (Male!Read...

By happyluckysmileyay_

"Let's just hope they give us a chance..." "Yeah..." Despite being relatively new, a new band has quickly ris... More

Notes/Details
Prologue/Character Introductions
Chapter 1: A Surprise Party!
Chapter 2: Definitely Glowing.
Chapter 3: Do Pastels and Black Mix?
Chapter 4: The Misunderstood
Chapter 4.5: NOIRE Character Sheet
Chapter 5: Blooming Roses and Curry Rice
Chapter 6: The Out-of-Control Machine Nerd
Chapter 7: Feelings in the Rain
Chapter 8: Happy, Lucky, Smile...
Texting Misadventures: Prologue
Chapter 9: Miss Staff Member
Chapter 10: The (L/N) Family
Chapter 11: An unusual first day...
Chapter 12: One day until Live
Chapter 13: An Unfortunate Accident
Chapter 14: "Tsukinomori Girls' Academy"
Chapter 15: It's...
Chapter 16: Showtime!
oops
Chapter 17: "Sakura Memories"
Chapter 18: Reunion
Announcement!
Chapter 19: Goka! Gokai?!

Valentines Special: Chocolate?

271 6 2
By happyluckysmileyay_

just a bit of context for the story

this chapter also takes place sometime before chapter 9

--

"...a significant cultural, religious, and commercial celebration of romance and romantic love in many regions of the world."

...?

O: "You get it now?"

(Y/N): "Not really."

They all sighed, exasperated. They all stand in front of me, blocking my way.

I: "You...really don't understand Valentine's Day?", he asks, looking a bit worried.

(Y/N): "No?", I tilt my head.

O facepalm himself.

N: "Well, 'course he doesn't. Remember back in middle school?"

O: "Oh yeeah!", he exclaims. "I remember that one time that girl gave you..."

Now that they mention it, I do faintly remember something related to chocolate when I was younger.

...

...a letter? I look into my bag, something in it. "Meet me at the back of the school." in very neat writing.

They want me to meet them? Behind the school? Um, sure, I guess. 

...

This was around the time where my parents registered me in some music school. I had just started learning how to play the piano and my parents thought that a school would help me. Though I didn't stay there for long, somewhere under a year, I do think I learned a bit from there.

As I retell the story I try to remember the specific details. The only thing I remember though is only the fact that I got chocolate. 

...

I arrive at the back of the school, a bit wary. I don't see anyone but I decide to wait for them, sitting against the school wall. Perhaps they were just late. 

I open my book "Piano Basics". I flip the pages to page 10: "Middle C". We had just recently learned Middle C and some songs with it. To be honest, I found it a bit difficult at first, but __ helped me learn it. __ and I were the only piano players in our class, but she was definitely better than me at it. Every day she would earn the most gold stars out of everyone in our class. 

I wonder, when will they-

"O-oh, you're here."

I look up from my book and see __. 

(Y/N): "Oh, hey __!", I greet with a smile.

"H-hey...", she replies nervously. 

What's wrong? She usually isn't this shy...

(Y/N): "Is something wrong? You seem... nervous.", I ask, moving closer to her.

She flinches, taking a step back. Her face is red, eyes darting all over the place. I nervously stop.

(Y/N): "I-it's alright __, it's just me!", I try to calm her down. "Just calm down!" 

She still looks down, still avoiding eye contact.

(Y/N): "...it's okay. You can tell me if anything's bothering you.", I slowly reassure her.

Finally, she calms down. She walks over and sits beside me.

...

I: "Oh, this was when (Y/N) was in that music school, right?"

(Y/N): "Yeah. I didn't stay for a long time though."

N: "..."

O: "So (Y/N), do you remember the girl who gave you the chocolate?"

Thinking hard about it, I can't remember her face. The only thing I remembered was that she was at the top of our class. 

(Y/N): "No, nothing."

R: "That's a bit mean, isn't it~"

N: "Not even her name?"

...

I can't really remember. Was it A..? 

...

(Y/N): "So, what did you wanna talk to me about?"

She sat there silently, seemingly gripping something behind her back. 

"There's...something I wanted to give to you."

? Something? Did I forget something?

(Y/N): "Something?"

"...here."

She suddenly shoves something in my face, hitting me hard on the nose. I fall down on my back.

(Y/N): "Ow!"

"Oh, are you okay?!"

(Y/N): "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine.", I say, rubbing my nose.

I sit up and look at the thing that was shoved into my face. __ still holds it in her hands.

A...bag?

(Y/N): "What..?"

She nervously hands it to me while avoiding eye contact. It's a bag, just small enough to fit in my hand. The top is tied with a red ribbon and the bag is filled with...

"I-it's chocolate...."

(Y/N): "Chocolate?"

"....me and my grandma made it...."

Chocolate? Why is she giving me chocolate? She made it?

__ suddenly stands up, turning away from me. She begins storming off before I stop her.

(Y/N): "Wait", I stand up.

"........"

(Y/N): "When's the date of the recital?", I ask.

"...!!", she turns around. She looks at me for a moment, face indescribably red.

"...Saturday, 11:30. Two days from now. Don't forget it!!", she shouts at me.

I look at __, then at the bag of chocolate given to me.

"Of course," I smile widely. 

...

"I'll be there!!!", I yell loudly, gripping her hand.

...

They all look eagerly at me. 

(Y/N): "Sorry. That's all I can remember."

N: "After that... I see."

The day after that, my parents left home. Me and (S/N) got a babysitter and I left the music school. Unfortunately, I never got the opportunity to give her an answer. Also, I never saw the recital our grade had...

R: "Aww, that's it? That's disappointing..."

I: "It was a sweet story.."

O: "Ah, oh well. If he can't remember, he can't remember. Let's just give him some space."

(Y/N): "..."

N: "Let's just hope that he finds another chance of romance", he says dramatically. "Good luck, my friend." He winks at me.

(Y/N): "Pfft-"

We all laugh.

...

...somewhere, sometime ago.

POV Switch: ??? / Location (Time): ???

I look past the wall, into the audience. Seeing so many people watching us makes me nervous, but I breathe in and out, something Grandpa taught me. I look into the crowd and see Grandma and Grandpa looking excitingly, cameras in their hands. I smile.

"__, you're next!"

I shake my head and walk towards the door. 

"Good luck!", the coordinator says, smiling.

Taking a deep breath, I step up onto the stage, bowing to the audience. After a round of applause, I look into the audience.

Parents...

I walk away from the center of the stage, towards the grand piano. 

Friends...Siblings...

Moving to the piano, I sit on the bench, dragging to a comfortable position. I slowly place my hands onto the keys. Breathing in and out, I take one last look. All the chairs are full...

...except...

for (Y/N)'s chair...

--

the story will probably continue next chapter, just wanted to write something for valentines!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 168 19
Ari Hoshizora. He is a guitarist and vocalist in his band. He got an invitation from a friend of his uncle in Japan, to go to school there. There he...
7.7K 384 29
[4th year anniversary book/second book to The Music Within] "I need to find it... The Soul Within" Months have gone by since (Y/N) declared his feel...
4.3K 214 23
[A much better version of the one year anniversary book + 700 follower special] "What kind of destiny will await for me if I work here? Only time wil...
8.8K 294 23
[A book to celebrate my birthday] "Nothing is going to stop me from being there for you, old friend." (Y/N) (L/N) had two childhood friends; Hikawa S...