Rehearsals With You ✓

By stirthestars

April Stewart and Grey Collins have been at each other's throat since eighth grade. Putting them within reach... More

INTRODUCTION
Prologue
Chapter One: You *bleep*!
Chapter Two: Jinxed it
Chapter Three: Everywhere!
Chapter Four: Dad Jokes
Chapter Five: Hearts, Flowers and Butterflies
Chapter Six: Ouch. Watch it.
Chapter Seven: Named April
Chapter Eight: Haircut
Chapter Nine: Antsy Pantsy
Chapter Ten: Can he walk?
Chapter Eleven: Uncomfortable
Chapter Twelve: Chrisanta and Armand
Chapter Thirteen: Mondays
Chapter Fourteen: Dark. Cold. Alone.
Chapter Fifteen: 'Tis just a hobby.
Chapter Sixteen: God-gift?
Chapter Seventeen: Totes not worth it.
Chapter Eighteen: Coals or Clouds
Chapter Nineteen: France
Chapter Twenty: Your Grace
Chapter Twenty-One: Friends For
Chapter Twenty-Two: Wildfire
Chapter Twenty-Three: Little Miss Important
Chapter Twenty-Four: We Weren't
Chapter Twenty-Five: Bookworm
Chapter Twenty-Six: Invited
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Random
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Your Story
Chapter Thirty: Weren't Meant To
Chapter Thirty-One: May I?
Chapter Thirty-Two: Little Shorter
Chapter Thirty-Three: I'll try.
Chapter Thirty-Four: A Poet
Chapter Thirty-Five: His Story
Chapter Thirty-Six: The Plan
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Play
Epilogue
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
NEW BOOK

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Predictable and Unforseen

3.1K 141 111
By stirthestars

As soon as our lips made contact, my heart pounded wildly inside my chest and my head spun in a heaven daze. Grey lips were firm and gentle on mine, kissing me with soft passion. My stomach churned when he lightly bit on my bottom lip as I released a soft moan. I've never been kissed before, no one to compare this most amazing sensation.

Our lips moved. I didn't automatically knew how to kiss but Grey led it, nudging me to follow and I did. I placed both hands on his shoulders as he finally wrapped his arms around me, bringing me closer to him, our heat swarmed together. "April . . ." He grunted.

"Grey . . . " I responded in a satisfied sigh.

Grey released a groan and I felt the vibration of the sound, it brought upon a new wave of pleasure. I smiled through it and gently bit his lower lip, like he did to mine. His arm tightened around me while I finally run my fingers through his hair, lightly tugging at it as our mouths continued to move together.

Slightly out of breath, we pulled back and stared at each other. My lips still tingled. Grey's eyes were dark as the peered into mine and slowly travel around my face until his gaze stopped at my mouth. He lifted one hand from my waist and grazed my bottom lip with his finger. My breath turned more ragged. "I've always wanted do that," he whispered huskily. He put his eyes back on mine as placed his hand on my cheeks. "Your lips taste divine, do you know that?"

"I . . ." I didn't know what to say but I did know what I wanted to do, and he wanted it too. We both leaned forward for another kiss, however, just our nose brushed beside each other, and our lips a mere inch apart, we heard Luke's voice. I jumped at the sound and hastily pulled away.

"April! Grey!"

What the hell just happened?

I looked away from him, ashamed of what I just did. The kiss was beyond amazing for me, but was it the same for him? That was my first kiss but it definitely wasn't his. Did he find it great, gross or plain adequate? And what did that mean for us? Will it ruin our new-found friendship? Should we act on it or maybe . . . just forget about it?

I looked down on my shoes and in my peripheral view, I saw Grey shift to greet Luke who was strutting towards us. "Hey, man. I've been looking all ove fot you guys. What were you doing here?" Luke narrowed his eyes at us, just when I look up to give him a greeting smile.

I involuntarily winced at his question but I couldn't answer. "What's up?" Grey asked.

"Whatever, you two. Listen, everyone's about to start a game of truth and dare, who wants to join?"

"Sure, I'll come," Grey said the same I declined, "I'll pass."

Luke pouted. "You are no fun, young lady," he muttered before dragging his friend away. I stared ahead at me as i felt Grey questioning stare as he walked away.

"Oh, gosh! Stop thinking about it, will you?" I scolded myself as I sat on the bench where Grey invited me to Luke's party and where we unprecedentedly kissed. "Stop it!" I lightly slapped my cheeks. All I've been doing was rewind, recall, and remember it. I thought by helping out in the cafe I'll get my head off it but I didn't. I would drawl out and stare at nothing ahead. I managed to switch the orders of two customers and forget to give one his change.

I am distracted and everyone noticed. Mom finally called a break for me and ask if maybe I could take walk, clear my mind and head back once I did. 

"April!" A child's high-pitch squeak of my name called and I turned to see little Coreen running towards my direction. I don't remember giving the girl my name but Grey must've told her.

Oh My Gosh, Grey! Is he around? I roamed my eyes around the park with a thumping heart but saw no signs of him. My heartbeat slowed down in relief but it picked up again with the thought that I might've just missed him saw I looked around again.

He's nowhere . . . Good.

"Coreen!" A woman shouted and I saw a woman, probably in her late-twenties or early-thirties jog after Coreen. It looked ridiculous with her office pants and blouse, her low heels tapping against the ground. It didn't take a genius to realize who she was, the resemblance between Coreen and her was apparent. She must be the little kid's mother.

I stood up and almost lost my balance at catching Coreen jump into my arms. "Woah."

Her arms were wrapped around my neck and she pulled back to grin at me. "Hi!"

"Well, hello, Coreen. You love going to the park, don't you?" I smiled and pinched her chubby cheeks.

"Eh." She shrugged and I gave her a confused look. "Mom only allows me on saturdays."

"I'm sure your mom had a good reason." Coreen pouted in response and I chuckled at her.

"Coreen," her mother chided, slightly out of breath. 

The little girl's eyes widened and she wiggled out of my hold, tapping my arms as she said, "Put me down. Put me down."

I set her down because I couldn't keep her with all the moving. Coreen quickly run behind my back once she planted her feet on the ground. "Don't tell mom where I am," she whispered.

Her mother stood in front of me. "I'm so sorry, dear. Coreen could be a little stubborn and playful." She gave me an apologetic smile the same time the child whispered another 'Don't tell mom where I am.'

"It's fine. I love kids and I've actually met Coreen last week."

Her eyes brightened. "Oh, you must be April! Pleased to meet you, dear, I'm Cecily, Coreen's mother. She's been talking about you this whole time, said you were Grey's girlfriend! Oh, it's nice to finally meet the girl my fiance's son is dating!" She pulled me into a hug.

I laughed nervously. "Actually, Grey and I are just  . . . uh, friends." Do friends kiss each other like that? I mentally shook my head, I think not. 

She released me from her embrace. "Oh, I'm sorry, Coreen told me and speaking of that little girl, honey, I know you're behind April."

Coreen stepped out and pouted at her mom. "But I don't wanna go home yet . . ."

Cecily sighed. "Honey, you know mommy has to go to work."

"April can look after me. Grey said she's his friend!" Coreen exclaimed.

"He said that?" I mumbled to myself. He considered me a friend? A part of me is happy he sees me as such but I felt somewhere in there, I was disappointed. I ignored it.

Cecily gave a soft smile and kneeled in front of her daughter. "Coreen, you can't just ask someone to look after you on the spot."

"How about Grey," she asked stubbornly. "He said he'll bring me to the park today."

Cecily looked down sadly. "Your brother is uh, not available. He's got school stuff," the woman lied. School stuff and Grey? They don't go together.

"But Alan will be sad that I left. No one else likes to play with him but I do, mommy. Pretty, pretty please?"

"How about this, I call your brother and ask if he wants to babysit you? If he says yes, I'll stay for a while and we wait for him. But if he says no then we're going?"

"But–" Cecily raised her brows at Coreen. "Okay . . ."

"Alright then, you can go play with Alan and I'll call you later once I reach Grey, okay, honey?" Coreen hugged her mother and beamed a thanks before going back to the playground. I sat on the bench and Cecily followed suit. 

"I'm sorry about Coreen. The little girl could be too much to handle sometimes." Cecily offered me a warm smile, one that showed how much she adored her daughter anyway. I wonder what's her story. Was she a single mother until she met Grey's father? How are things going on? I turned my gaze to Coreen and saw her approach a young kid who sat alone at the swings, dragging him to the sand box. Cecily on my side sent a quick text to Grey.

It's great to know Grey's not being cold to Coreen. How did Cecily meet Mr. Collins, anyway? I wondered curiously to myself.

"I met him at a music store. We both picked on one album at the same. Pretty cliche but that's how we first met." A smile slipped into her lips while I put mine into a thin line. Did I say that out loud? So embarrassing. "After that, we all just seem to bump into each other. Nothing so interesting about our story but I'm glad we had one anyway."

"Sorry, I wasn't trying to . . ." 

"It's fine," she assured. "Since you're Grey's friend he must've told you or you might've notice he isn't exactly my biggest fan." She gave a quiet exhale, her gaze followed her daughter and I examined her expression. "I know he hates me for being engaged with his father." 

"Maybe he just needs time . . ." It wasn't my place to say anything but one thing I've learned through the years, change can happen with time. "Most kids probably don't take it well when their parent is in love with someone that isn't their mother or father, especially when they've grown up with both." It's just my opinion but I think when you've gotten so used to this image that your mother and father were meant to be together but see that when death has taken the other, the one left was still capable of loving an entirely different individual . . . it must invoke something.

Love could be both predictable and unforseen. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't but we are never truly sure it could. Love works in ways we have no control over. It wasn't Mr. Collins and Cecily's fault they fell in love and Grey needs to see that but I also think they should've taken things slower. It must be hard to let go of that image of irreplaceable family.

"I know and I understand. I am just hoping that one day, he'll be okay with this. I don't want to be the reason him and his father drifts apart . . ." Cecily seem to genuinely care about that. I understand why Grey doesn't like her being a part of his father's life but at least she's not forcing herself to be immediately welcomed by the son. I still think they should've waited more before an engagement but I also know  that when a person is in love, it makes them want to go somewhere and have it with that someone. Love can wait but why do so when you know you love each other? I've not felt but I have seen it, or more specifically, read it. I am not qualified to say such things because it could also be different for every person.

"I'm sure he'll go through one day." They have decided they want this, now it's up to Grey to figure out how he would like to fit into that.

"Oh, he texted back. Well, this a surprise, he said he's gonna come," she announced happily, I had a feeling she wasn't necessarily glad he said he will but more about how he did when she's the one who asked. "And my boss texted me too, hurrying me. Great. Let's hope Grey gets here soon." 

"I'll watch over Coreen if you want," I offered and can I get even more stupid? Do I really want to face him right now? I should leave before he can even come.

"No, no, I don't want to bother you. Besides, she can't fire me, I'm a very important person in the company . . ." She trailed unsurely.

"You should go, I insist." Did that kiss look like just a practice to you, April, huh? I don't want to be the only person who thinks too much of it – my heart still gallops like horses when I remember – but it's just a kiss, right? Just my first kiss with the person I never really thought I'd kiss . . . 

"I really don't want to–"

"I'll be fine, I promise. I'm sure Grey will be here soon." My assurance seem to have worked and Cecily gave me a grateful hug before saying goodbye to her daughter.

~°~

Author's Note:

Early (double) update, folks. My mobile data will expire soon and the Wi-fi's still not available so . . .

Please check out the next chapter! Thank you so much for reading and don't forget to VOTE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 3.4K 49
A writer by passion and a university student, she was everything men wanted in their women but not every family was filled with bustling happiness an...
748K 66.4K 36
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

316K 8.1K 114
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
185K 3K 37
COMPLETED✅ When uni student Talia Herera finally finds it in herself to break up with her shitty boyfriend Tim, Oscar Atkins -Volleyball star- at th...