Shadows | Regulus Black

By bbaage1

Madeline Potter. James Potters sister, very similar yet very different from each other. They were always very... More

'I N T R O
Prologue *
'O N E
'T W O
'T H R E E
F O U R*
F I V E*
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
Do my lil dancy dance
E I G H T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T T T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R T Y F I V E
T H I R T Y S I X
The House
T H I R T Y S E V E N *
T H I R T Y E I G H T
T H I R T Y N I N E
F O U R T Y *
F O U R T Y O N E
The house pt.2
F O U R T Y T W O
F O U R T Y T H R E E
F O U R T Y F O U R
F O U R T Y F I V E
F O U R T Y S I X*
F O U R T Y S E V E N
F O U R T Y E I G H T
F O U R T Y N I N E
F I F T Y*
The beach Date
F I F T Y O N E*
F I F T Y T W O
F I F T Y T H R E E
F I F T Y F I V E
F I F T Y S I X
F I F T Y S E V E N
F I F T Y E I G H T
UPDATE?
F I F T Y N I N E
S I X T Y
S I X T Y O N E
S I X T Y T W O
UPDATE

F I F T Y F O U R

5.3K 166 432
By bbaage1

A/N: better then the last chapter, also sorry for the long wait! happy reading because its going down hill the very next chapter teehee. Enjoy :)

Just like that Christmas break was here. Camilla and Alyssa went on yet another family trip together while Madeline went straight home, as did Regulus. He'd be seeing her again on Christmas Eves eve, so, the 23rd.

Kings cross station, December 20th

Reg and Madeline had said their goodbyes on the train before it arrived, so dearest Walburga wouldn't throw a fit seeing her perfect pureblood son with a 'blood traitor' like M. The girls walked off the train together already with their bags since they all brought back a single trunk it fit in their compartment. After their goodbyes, Madeline tiptoed to try and spot one of the other Potters.

She saw the back of a tall woman that looked like her mother, she waited until that woman turned around so she could see her face, and of course, it was her. Madeline stood normally again and chuckled with a big smile on her face as she made her way through the crown to her mother.

"There she is!" Euphemia said as she opened her arms up and pulled her daughter into a hug. "I missed you so much, we all did." She kissed the top of her head.

"I missed you too mom." She laughed as she pulled out from the hug that would have lasted an hour if she didn't stop it. "Where are the boys?" She looked around.

"Well dad is at home actually cooking your favorite meal, and James and Sirius moved out."

"I'm sorry they what?" She raised her eyebrows.

"They moved out, love. They were out of school and wanted to start their lives outside of their parent's house, they still visit at least twice a week."

"They- alrighty then. Where are they living?"

"They got an apartment not too far from our old house, with Remus. Pete is there all the time but he needs at least some privacy. I don't blame him." She said while walking.

"Neither do I." She let out a small laugh. "And when can I see them? and is it really even safe to live alone in a city, with all of this happening?"

"They'll be over all of break, and they've charmed the house, just like ours is."

"Yeah but they can be easily spotted, easily followed, easily-"

"Madeline I assure you they will be fine, we wouldn't have let them if it wasn't safe and we didn't trust them to be careful."

"But it isn't safe..." She mumbled.

"What do you mean? Actually, save it for later tonight we've got to apparate back home before we leave these walls." She smiled down at her daughter.

"Okay..." She grabbed her mother's hand and she apparated the two back home.

~

The two walked into their house still holding hands. Madeline placed her trunk down and wandered into the kitchen where she heard her dad. She let go of her mother's hand.

"Is that who I think it is." He said as he brushed his hands off and turned around.

"Hi, dad." She laughed as she walked towards him.

"Hi, my love." He opened his arms with a warm smile. "How had the year been so far?"

"Amazing actually." She hugged him.

"Oh good, I'm glad." He wrapped his arms around her.

They stayed there for a couple of moments just hugging each other in silence till she heard the front door open with an obnoxiously loud boy walking through. She let go of her dad and turned around and waited to see him through the doorframe.

"Mae!" He said when he perked through the kitchen door.

"Jamie!" She smiled and ran up to the boy who already had opened arms.

"Oh who knew I'd miss you this much" he laughed as he hugged her tightly.

"I did." She laughed

"Never thought I'd have separation anxiety from you."

"Once again. I did." She squeezed him tighter then she looked back at the door and saw the other two boys. She pushed herself out of James' arms and ran into Sirius' arms.

"Miss me?" He laughed as he opened his arms up and lifted her off the ground in a hug.

"Yes. Yes, I did." She chuckled. He placed her back onto the ground and let her go. She turned to the side and looked up and smiled at moony before pulling him into a hug.

"Little Potter." He hugged her back.

"Beanstalk." She teased.

He messed up her hair as they pulled out of the hug.

"Where's my secret gossip boy?"

"Pete is busy tonight apparently already had plans," Sirius said.

"How rude." She pulled a sarcastic angry face.

"He'll be here Christmas Eve though," James added.

"Fair enough." She shrugged her shoulders.

"What kind of plans did he have?" She asked as they walked into the kitchen.

"Don't know actually we didn't ask," Remus said.

"Nope out of the kitchen." Fleamont pointed to the other door. "I'm busy in here." He said as he turned on a burner on the stove.

They walked out through the other door into the hallway and made their way to the living room.

"Tonight... plans tonight?" She mumbled to herself. 'Reg said there was a meeting tonight. Since all the school kids would be back. No. Just a coincidence' she said to herself and shook her head.

The four teens flopped onto the couches in front of the fireplace that was already on and caught up on their lives.

~

December 24th

Everyone who was coming over for dinner came in between 5:30-6. The older guest stayed in the main living room drinking and talking amongst themselves. Most of them were members of the order plus a few extra guests.

In the living room on the second floor we're the teens who were mostly already at the house, the girls and Peter got there early in the morning though, and Regulus arrived an hour ago. The three couples that were there were cuddles up with their s/o other the couches while Marlene and Peter were sitting alone given both their girls were elsewhere.

"I know you said there would be more people but-" he looks up at her cause his head is in her lap. "-this is a lot of people" He chuckled.

"Yeah, they invited the order. Some came. And some family friends. We can sit across at the opposite end of my dad."

"Sounds like a plan." He shifts his body.

"Are you afraid of him?" She laughs a little.

"Psh. Afraid? Nooo."

"Oh you're too bloody adorable"

~

Soon enough the guest were all here. They were all in the big green room. It wasn't till about halfway through when the inevitable conversations started to happen. Fabien and Gideon Prewett were sat directly across from Madeline and Regulus. 

"So, Regulus." Fabien said with a small smile looking over at the boy. 

"Uhm, yes?" 

"We were just wondering and sorry we're nosy since you're a black and you are still living under that house. Are you, you know, one of them?"

Regulus shifted in his seat, clearly uncomfortable. 

"Technically he's not," Madeline said with a smile grabbing Regulus's hand on the table. "You see they don't want their kids turning till they are 18. He has a year to get out of there before that happens." She lied effortlessly about all of that. 

"Oh alright." Gideon nodded his head. "Sorry again, we were just curious, and that first time you both walked into the meeting someone said "Isn't he one of them. So we assumed." 

"Yeah no, he's not. Not all members of the black family are the same." She said knowing he is in fact a death eater but it's not like he wanted it, so she would indeed lie for him.

Sirius who was sat next to Fabien was listening to the whole thing even though it didn't look at it. A sense of relief passed through him. 

Regulus looked over at Madeline with a 'thank you' look. She replied with a kiss on his cheek. This struck up the next conversation the two went through. 

"Young love." Molly Smiled at them. 

"Molly you aren't that much older than us." Madeline laughed. 

"Still. You two are just so bloody cute. A perfect match." 

Both of them went a little pink. "Thanks." Regulus chuckled. 

"Right, so, when's the wedding then?" She looked between the two.

"Oh, uhm." Mandle laughed under her breath. Regulus went more pink. "Well you see we haven't talked much about our future yet." 

"Alright fair enough but I'll be expecting an invite." 

"You'll get one." Regulus laughed.

"Oi, what? Whens the wedding?" James said rather loudly. 

Madeline and Reg bot shot him a 'shut the hell up' looked. 

"They even make the same faces. How cute." Peter said which earned him a look from the two. "And there it is again." He had an open smiled and chuckled. M and Reg then both rolled their eyes and looked the other way. "And again!" He and the other boys all laughed. 

Madeline pressed her lips together trying not to join their laughter while looking the other way which is when she made eye contact with both her parents.

Mia sent her a look of 'Did I hear that correctly? a wedding!?' with a huge smile. Monty on the other hand had a look of 'I am so opposed to this but I'm not going to make a scene.' Madeline responded with another eye roll and looked down at her plate.

"You okay?" Regulus asked leaning over towards her ear. 

"Yeah I'm fine." She said giving his hand she was still holding on the table a 'reassuring' squeeze.

"You know, you can fool everyone but me with that phrase." 

"It's worth a shot." She shruged her shoulders and looked at him. 

"We will be talking about this after dinner." He told her, she gave him a nod in response. 

After dinner was finished and everyone cleared that room, Mia used magic to have the mess clean itself up, most people left after giving thanks, a few of the adults stayed for post dinner party drinks, and all the teens stayed 

As the kids were making their way back upstairs, Regulus was stopped by Monty, not physically, they had made unfortunate eye contact and he asked Reg over for a chat. Madeline hadn't noticed because she was busy being carried by James who decided to do some weight lifting up the stairs. 

Even though the conversation Regulus had with Fleamont brought his mood down a lot, he didn't let it show or ruin the night. Madeline won't even know they had a conversation until they were back at school, up in the astronomy tower on a cold night. 

The group of teens upstairs decided to play a series of games, it involved lots of laughter and smiles and genuine smiles at that, they completely forgot about the reality of the world happening outside of this place they all call their home, wether it being their real home, second, third, it was a home to all of them. 

P.s/ A/N: Right then before the sad shit, what do you guys want to see in the future of this book or don't want to see? I can only promise that wolfstar will stay very much alive! The only PROMISE i can make but leave thoughts :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 544 52
Regulus Black fanfic Read the introduction for more information :) And thank you for giving this book a chance!!! Started: 13th April 2023 Finished:...
480K 12.8K 48
"You, an actual Gryffindor, fancy a Slytherin? My goodness! A Gryffindor and a Slytherin? That's absurd! Sinful almost!" ...
40K 1.3K 29
"So if its words that you are looking for McKinnon, I am fluently gifted with the art of speaking. But I'd much rather spend every day showing you ex...
18.1K 642 30
Y/n Potter and Regulus Black realize that they're not so different after all. Will their friendship be accepted? Maybe, maybe not Will they care? No...