Childhood Pals

By DanversFrost35

"A boy from Daxam and a girl from Krypton." Daxamites and Kryptonians have been at war for years. The only th... More

Prologue: The Meeting
Chapter 1: Acquaintances
Chapter 2: Secret Garden
Chapter 3: School
UPDATE
UPDATE #2
Chapter 4: Segara Beyal
Chapter 5: Daxam
Chapter 6: Earth; Part 1
Chapter 7: Earth; Part 2
Chapter 8: Kara Danvers
Chapter 9: Supergirl
Chapter 10: The D.E.O.
Chapter 11: Valor
Chapter 12: Linda Lee Danvers
Chapter 13: Revelation
Chapter 14: Mon-El
Chapter 15: Confrontation
Chapter 16: Identities Revealed?
Chapter 17: It's a Date!
Chapter 18: Kara Danvers & Mike Matthews
Chapter 19: Supergirl & Valor
Chapter 20: Kara Zor-El & Mon-El
A Little Update...
Going for a break
Chapter 21: Halk Kar
Chapter 22: Girl of Steel
Questions
Chapter 23: Jealous?
Chapter 24: Superman
Chapter 25: Argo City
Chapter 26: Dreams Come True
Chapter 27: Bizarro
Chapter 28: Finally
Chapter 29: Mr. Mxyzptlk
Chapter 30: Lords and Luthors
Chapter 31: Chaos
Chapter 32: Out Of Control
Chapter 33: Complications
Chapter 34: Trust Issues; Part 1
Chapter 35: Trust Issues; Part 2
Chapter 36: Time for action
Chapter 37: And So It Begins
Chapter 38: Hope
Chapter 40: Crisis Averted
Epilogue: The Meeting
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 39: Dilemmas

90 2 2
By DanversFrost35

Lex turned, coming face-to-face with National City's beloved superhero. "Or what?"

"Or you'll get this," she punched, but Lex caught it with inhuman ease. It had to be the suit. Lena's gaze flicked to the battleground outside the building and grinned as she spied Winslow Schott dashing toward the building.

There were plenty of D.E.O. agents in this building, and Lena knew exactly which ones to trust. Eve gave her a sidelong glance before she managed to restrain her, a gun held to her temple.

Kara flew backwards from the impact he sent into her gut as Lex gave a cocky smirk at the girl. Mist started to surround his right hand. "What if . . . your boyfriend got what he deserved?"

Lena couldn't do anything when Lex sprayed the mist-like substance all over the Daxamite, who was still mid-flight before he tumbled to the ground.

~~~~~~~~

Kara was frozen.

She couldn't move as Lex sprayed that substance and Mon-El plummeted towards the ground.

Her body betrayed her even further when none other than Maxwell Lord strode in and Lena winced, and Eve Tessmacher pressured the gun on her friend's temple.

"Maxwell Lord here has very kindly informed us of your . . . plan, and Miss Tessmacher over here very willingly decided to join us. After all, aliens cannot be on this world."

Lex growled. "You disgrace the Luthor name."

Kara blinked. "No. Lena's too good for the Luthor name." Then, she launched.

~~~~~~~~

Lena glared at Maxwell Lord. "You sold me out?"

Maxwell Lord smiled grimly, "It was the decent thing to do, especially when word got out that our President is an alien as well."

"Why in the world do you hate our government so much?"

"Because . . . "

"Because what?"

"Because the government killed my family!"

Lena paused.

She payed the exchange of words between her friend and her brother no mind, but something Kara said caught her attention.

"Lena's too good for the Luthor name."

Then, the Kryptonian launched.

Launched for Lex Luthor.

She watched as Lex activated his Lexosuit and caught Supergirl's fist mid-punch.

She forgot about the Kryptonite in the suit.

Kara faced her, using her laser to shoot Eve's hand and she dropped the gun. Lena took that opportunity to spin around, using her elbow to hit Eve's jaw, causing her to stumble backwards.

"Hope, activate."

The blond woman opposite her froze, her gaze turning robotic. "Yes, Miss Luthor?"

"Restrain Lord."

"Yes, Miss Luthor."

Maxwell Lord ignored it. "We can do this together."

"How can I trust you?"

"You can't. But there's no reward without risk, right?"

Lena growled at him, nodding at her 'assistant' for her to stand down. "When Winslow Schott arrives, tell him to reprogram the system."

"Yes."

Maxwell picked up the gun and took aim.

And fired.

~~~~~~~~

Kara grunted against his suit.

Kryptonite.

She had to get out. And fast.

Mon-El was in trouble.

"Now you can watch your friends die."

He aimed his arm towards the group on the battlefield. A small projectile-like device shot from it, opening it and the same mist-like virus diffused, and everyone on both sides began wheezing.

"Stop it! You're gonna kill them!"

"Sacrifices are required when saving the world."

His suit sparked as a bullet grazed his suit. She glanced at Lena. At the man standing behind her.

He had just tossed the gun to Lena as she fired again, the bullet bouncing off his suit.

"Go, Kara! We can handle this."

~~~~~~~~

Lena stared her brother down.

"Kindly restrain her for me, Miss Tessmacher."

She just smiled eerily at him. "I'm sorry, Mr. Luthor, but I am loyal only to Miss Luthor."

Lex blinked. "You-"

Lena just raised an eyebrow.

"So you figured out how to allow an artificial consciousness control a physical human body."

Lex aimed his arm at her. "I've got one more canister, and it's all for you."

Suddenly, he blinked. The A.I.-possessed Eve had disappeared.

He grinned, as he attempted to activate it.

Lena smirked. "I disabled that arm of your Lexosuit. Other than the Kryptonite, and being able to naturally protect you, you can't use it to fire anything, or even use the jets."

Lex smiled. "Clever, sister, but did you anticipate this?" He lifted his hand.

~~~~~~~~

"Come on, come on . . . hurry up!" Winn hit the keyboard.

He had seen what happened to his friends and was in no hurry to become like them. After all, the Medusa virus, as Eve told him, was capable of destroying any anti-Kryptonian life.

Though he was also told that the giant canister at the top of the L-Corp building would be used to eradicate any non-human life on Earth.

He could not watch his friends die.

97% . . . 98% . . . 99% . . . 100%

Finally, he heaved a sigh of relief.

They had swapped out the virus for the cure.

Word had arrived that he had tested the cure on several aliens days ago, and they were isolated in wards.

This virus, fortunately, was not easily transmitted as the wards that isolated them was ordered to open their windows for this exact reason.

Then, the cure was airborne.

It had worked.

~~~~~~~~

"What? But how-"

"You underestimated me, brother. You and Mother both."

Lord grinned behind her. "She used the cure that she and Mrs. Danvers had worked on."

"Oh, and that last vial inside that deactivated arm? That's the only one I was able to render useless."

She shot the gun again. But it clicked.

Lex tore off the helmet. "I guess I won't need this anymore. The Kryptonian is distracted, anyway."

He rolled his shoulders as he stepped out of his suit. "But are you as good a fighter as you are smart, Lena Luthor?"

She shoved Maxwell Lord out of the way as Lex circled her. She wasn't foolish. She'd spent years studying her brother's movements.

He was waiting for her to strike.

She wasn't going to give him that satisfaction.

So she circled the room as well, biding time. Her brother would leap first when he had grown tired of this. And he was an especially impatient man.

He charged for her, but Lena skilfully dodged to the side, using the movement that Alex and Kara had taught her.

Why had she chosen to do that?

He steadied himself, preparing for another attack.

He sent a fist for Lena's face, and the woman swiftly avoided all of his punches.

"You're a coward, Lena. You can only do any damage when you use your gadgets. And there are none here now. How are you going to keep up dodging?"

She moved to his right, but was met with a fist to the face.

She picked herself up, regaining her composure. Lex gave her his signature grin before he said, "You aren't giving up? Good. Mother can take her time with you later."

She watched him, calculating his movements, but that hesitation cost her.

The air was knocked out of her as Lex punched her in the stomach.

His attacks were getting slower, and he always used his hands.

It was a good thing that Lena was wearing pants, then.

"You wouldn't hurt your sister, right?"

"That's where you're wrong. I'll hurt anyone who disrupts my plan." He looked her over, "And that includes you."

She swept low, the clenched fist narrowly missing her, before she managed to get him off balance. But she tumbled too.

Not something she should do, then.

Lena moved swiftly and as she was charging at him, her making the first move catching Lex off guard. That second of delay allowed her to move in, using the techniques to knock Lex out.

When she turned, Lord was gone.

Her head turned back to her mother along with two other people she recognised - Mercy and Otis Graves.

~~~~~~~~

A/N: I know, I know, another cliffhanger. Don't worry, though, Lena's gonna be fine. Lillian, Otis and Mercy would not be able to lift a finger against her . . . anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! And yeah, I wanted to write a Lena-centric chapter to balance out how some chapters are written for other characters who are not Kara or Mon-El. Though, I'm not very good at writing fight scenes . . . and, yes, Lena did install Hope in Eve before the events of this story as an experiment . . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 1K 38
Kerri was just a normal teenager with maybe a little worse than normal home life, and an ok but dull school life. That is, until she one day develops...
10.5K 372 20
Before Mon-el's arrival on earth, though Kara was having many friends, a good family of sister and mother, She always felt something was missing, lik...
31.1K 1.4K 62
What happens if Krypton was never destroyed? If Mon-el is just another jerk prince. This story takes place on Krypton, assuming Krypton never blew up...
163K 4.8K 30
Krypton and Daxam. Sister planets. Bitter rivals. Speculation says their feud started because of a war ending in a stalemate, each side blaming the o...