Battle To Be Free (z.m) ✔️

By xLooseVanillax

Escaping from one gang just to be caught by another is unlucky especially when the leader of the gang happens... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 40

4.1K 136 41
By xLooseVanillax

Alanna-

Much to my dismay, as I peered apprehensively around the prison cell style room I was in, I noticed Zayn wasn’t the only familiar face.  Next to him was Harry, Louis, Finn and Doniya; the fact that Finn was here had me pleading mentally with Demetri in a vain attempt at gaining some act of compassion which I did not receive.

There was one other person in the room. His hands and feet were bound to the walls by ropes, both of which were bleeding heavily, and as his eyes connected coincidentally with mine they were almost expectant- as though he thought, after everything he had done, that I would help him.

There was no chance in hell I was helping that rapist bastard.

However, I noticed one significant person was absent from the crowded room. Daniel was nowhere to be seen. If I was an outsider I would have laughed at how ridiculous this was, my execution was being held and he didn’t even bother to show up. How inconsiderate. His absence gave me a sense of ease, at least for the moment, as I knew Demetri would want him to present for my death.

Quickly, I reconnected my eyes with Zayn’s. His big, round hazel eyes peered down to the knife held at my throat and his adams apple bobbed. I tried my best to give him a reassuring smile, but it came across as more of a grimace; instead I decided to try and convey all the emotion I felt for him with my eyes and by the tiny little half smile that came across his angelic face, I figured he understood.

A soft clink of the door closing was heard. Demetri pressed the knife further into my throat; I didn’t even have to look up to know what or rather who had caused that reaction out of him.

“Daniel,” Demetri breathed.

I finally turned my eyes to the man, or monster, of the moment.

His long, confident strides held everyone’s attention. He wore a black suit, which contrasted with his tanned skin perfectly, and exaggerated his importance.  My eyes were drawn to his brown ones and as soon as they connected I was flooded with past memories. However those past memories were good and bad, but I soon concluded that the bad outweighed the good drastically. Even after all these years he still held an air of mysteriousness which seemed to stick to him like a bug.

He glanced towards Adrian’s bleeding hands and feet with a smirk before he looked back at me.

“Quite fitting don’t you think?” I didn’t answer him, fearing any form of reaction which could cost someone’s life.  “He held you down with his hands, kicked you with his feet, so I prohibited him from ever doing that again. Should have done that a long time ago.”

“We are not here to talk about him.” Demetri stated from above me anger rising in his voice.

“For once in our lives it appears we are not.”  Daniel looked down to me. “Just drop the knife Demetri, don’t tell me that we spent a good part of our lives protecting her just to kill her.”

I couldn’t help the scoff that escaped my lips. He quirked an eyebrow at me and I felt the knife around my throat relax ever so slightly.

“Something to say?” Daniel asked, humour apparent in his tone.

I wanted so much to explain the hatred I felt for him, but the look in Zayn’s eyes were telling me to shut up and for once I took his advice.

“Nothing at all.” My voice was a monotone.

“I’m sure you don’t,” He murmured stepping closer to me, an action to which Zayn visibly stiffened at. “Life and death situations really don’t faze you do they Alanna? You just walk out of them every single time and who do you think makes that happen?”

I laughed humorously. “You were the one putting me in those situations in the first place. Like this one, it’s down to your actions Daniel.” 

I could feel Zayn, Harry and Finn’s disapproving glares all directed at me, but I physically couldn’t hold in the words any longer.

He sighed but otherwise didn’t acknowledge my words. “Put down the knife brother.”

“No. You deserve to pay for telling Aria to kill herself.”

Daniel chuckled and in one swift movement grabbed Aria by the neck in the same position I was in. He flipped a blade from his pocket and held it to her throat. The poor girl looked terrified.

 “What more important?” Daniel goaded. “Your girl or your revenge?”

Demetri still didn’t let me go.

“I’m giving you a second to decide.” He told him.

I looked up at Demetri trying to tell him telepathically which path to choose, but as soon as I saw his eyes I knew all sense of reason had vanished. “I choose revenge.”

Suddenly all the bones in Demetri’s body seemed to crumble and he landed on top of me with a thump. Several screams echoed through the crowded room as I struggled desperately to get his dead weight off of me.

Daniel smirked and in a single movement he slit Aria’s throat. Red blood poured down to her neck and he lowered her carefully down to the ground. I rushed over to her and knelt down beside her; her eyes were beginning to roll back but she was still breathing for the moment. I gripped her hand and her eyes opened then glanced to Demetri’s lifeless form.

“Now I get to be with him forever.”

That last sentence would be her last and I couldn’t help but think about how sad it was. He claimed to love her, but he gave up her life in a heartbeat.

“How sad,” Daniel murmured seemingly unaffected by the recent events. “I gave him a chance and he didn’t take it.”

A hot tear slipped down my cheek; I didn’t bother to wipe it away. Daniel saw and stared at it almost curiously before crouching down so he was eye level with me.  He wiped the tear away as if it was some kind of foreign object which he had never seen before.

He looked confused. “Why are you crying?”

I looked at him in disbelief. “You just slit my foster sister’s throat and you’re seriously asking that question?”

“Stupid bitch wanted to die anyway.”

“What makes me any different from her? I’ve tried to commit suicide to many times to count idiot.” I recognised the defeated tone to my voice; I wasn’t angry anymore it was almost as if I had given up. The last thing I wanted to do was to give in but looking around at the situation I was in I didn’t see all of us making it out of it alive.

“I care about you. I didn’t care about you. Hell I didn’t even like her.”

I scoffed. “So you kill everyone you don’t like then?” I asked sarcastically.

“Yes I do.”

A sudden mischievous gleam twinkled in his eyes. I backed away from him fearing where that gleam would take him. He got up and before I could react grabbed Finn, holding in the same position Aria had been in seconds ago; I shot up to my feet- no way in hell was someone hurting him.

“Don’t even think about it,” I snarled in his direction. He just smirked and quirked an eyebrow at me; he was challenging me to do something about it.

“He’s just a kid stop it!” Doniya shouted.

Daniel dropped Finn to the floor. Finn scrambled back against the floor as best as he could, but you could tell he was struggling considering his hands and feet were bound together with rope.

“You’re right,” He muttered. He then grabbed Doniya’s forearm and held her in the same position.

“For fuck sake’s Daniel!” I screamed. “Stop it!”

Now he looked even more confused. “Why would you care if I killed her? She’s a hoe.”

“You can’t kill someone for being a hoe!”

“I can kill anyone I want,” He murmured darkly. Thankfully, he dropped her to the floor and she too leant further into the wall. Unfortunately, he took the opportunity to walk slowly towards me.

“You confuse me honey,” The old nickname rolled off his tongue seemingly without a thought.

“I confuse you?” I almost laughed at the irony. “You confuse me a lot more. I used to think you were just evil but now I’ve changed my mind.”

He backed me up against the wall. “Yeah, what am I then?”

“Crazy.”

He laughed at that. “We’re all crazy in this world. I didn’t make myself crazy! He did! He did it! I have an excuse what was his? That he wanted a little girl to fuck? He’s the one that should be punished not me!”

I whimpered a little but he paid no attention. Out of the corner of my eye saw Zayn struggle further with the rope that held him hostage but he didn’t seem to be having much luck with it. Daniel gripped my forearm and dragged me along to Adrian’s literally crucified body. I shrunk back, not wanting to see the blood gushing out from his torn limbs.

He stood behind me and gripped my chin with his fingers, forcing me to look at the scene in front of me. “He did this. Why are you not angry at him?”

“You think I’m not angry at him?” I shouted in his face. “You think I don’t hate him? That I don’t see what he did to me every time I fucking close my eyes? Huh, is that what you think?”

“You don’t act like it!” He shouted back.

“Do you want to know why?” I asked him noticing the volume of my voice had dropped dangerously low.

“Go on then, why?”

“I act like I don’t hate him because as much as I hate him I hate you more.”

A weak chuckle interrupted our feuding. I turned my head towards the sound only to see it was coming from the bastard himself.

“Jesus Christ.” He spit some blood out from his probably diseased mouth. “I’ve fucked you two up haven’t I?”

Silently, I watched as Daniel’s fist came towards Adrian’s face repeatedly. The sound to others may have been sickening, but to me it gave me this kind of twisted satisfaction watching him get exactly what he deserved.

I enjoyed it.

Daniel must have noticed my slight smirk as he quirked an eyebrow at me. “You like watching it don’t you?”

“Yeah,” I told him honestly. “It’s not like he doesn’t deserve it.”

“Would you smirk like that if that was me?”

A voice cut off my soon to be lie. “Don’t you think this is all a bit dramatic?” Zayn asked his question interrupting our little bubble we had accidentally manifested around us.

I winced as I saw anger flash through Daniel’s features, as I feared what he would do to Zayn, but almost as soon as I was threatened by it, it was no longer there.

To my surprise, Daniel smirked. “I think this is the only time I’m going to ever agree with you Zayn,” He murmured slowly. “I’ll get to the point of this shall I?”

Zayn almost looked like he regretted saying anything. “The pure purpose of you all being here was to lure Alanna here,” Guilt flooded through me like a tidal wave. “But turns out that those two little minions did that job for me.”

Finn opened his mouth, presumably to say something, but I gave him a glare which told him not to. I glanced to Harry and he looked genuinely scared.

“You’re sick in the head.” Doniya spat.

“What do you want me here for?” I asked ignoring her statement and truly not knowing if I wanted to know the answer.

Daniel gripped my hands tightly and I had to force myself not to flinch away from the contact as I didn’t want to provoke him into doing something stupid.

“I want you here because,” He paused his eyes flickering towards our childhood tormentor. “You’re going to kill him.” 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.8K 1.2K 19
Afy,She is 21 years old. She is free spirit, bubbly girl and enjoying her life until her brother Adam's Rival Zayn lay his eye on her. Her brother is...
15.2K 343 23
Cynthia Lopez a 16 year old girl that lives in Los Angeles, California. Her parents are business workers and they got a promotion, so they have to mo...
16.2K 1K 50
❝Power is always dangerous. It attracts the worst and corrupts the best.❞ Who is the true villain in this story? Zayn Malik has always been the good...
4.5K 124 28
Ava had a crush on bad boy Zayn. That was until she caught a glimpse of his attitude. She saw him everyday and when they become coworkers she just ca...