Anathema [Drarry Fanfiction]...

By jaden_without_a_y

After a fight between Draco and Harry, Dumbledore had finally had enough of their little 'rival' and let thei... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
NOT AN UPDATE
Bonus chapter
A/N
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15 part 2
More exams...
Guess who's back!!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Holiday chapter
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Another A/N
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31, part 1
Chapter 31, part 2
before I ruin your life and the lives of everyone in Hogwarts
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
36.4 K reads and an apology
Chapter 42 part 2
Chapter 42 part 3
Chapter 42 part 4
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
on hold

Chapter 42

480 21 23
By jaden_without_a_y

I couldn't figure out what to do with this chapter; then decided on giving some information on Christmas break since a whole lot of shit happened.

This chapter has a lot of time skips between the present story and everything that happened during Christmas break... I hope it doesn't get too confusing.

Happy reading!

• • • • • • • • • •

Christmas break

Hogsmeade station was buzzing with students as they waited for the train's arrival.

"Draco, would shut up about Potter already?" Blaise rolled his eyes. "You're handling this crush like a bloody first-year student."

"What in Merlin's name makes you think I have a crush on Potter?" Draco scoffed with a disapproving frown.

Pansy grinned and slung her arm around the blonde's shoulders. "Yeah, Blaise. How can you think that?. I mean - why on earth would he like Harry Potter and his Nimbus Two Thousand; special permission from Dumbledore so he could play for Gryffindor."

Draco frowned and opened his mouth to reply, but Blaise quickly cut in.

"We know, we know - he's only on the team because he's famous" Blaise smirked. "Famous for having a stupid scar on his forehead."

"Everyone thinks he's so smart!" Pansy whined sarcastically. "Wonderful Pottah with his scar and broomstick-"

"- Shove off!" Draco yelled with crimson cheeks and pushed the dark haired girl towards Blaise.

His two, so-called, friends snickered and looked over at the Golden trio.

"I have to admit though" Pansy rolled her eyes. "He does look stupid with that scar."

"And his hair" Blaise added. "Looks like he doesn't even own one hairbrush."

Draco scowled. "I do not have a crush on Potter."

Pansy sighed in defeat and played with the rim of her green and silver striped scarf as the clattering sounds of the Hogwarts Express approached

"Thank Merlin" Draco muttered and grabbed his luggage.

~ With the Golden trio ~

"Chin up, Harry" Hermione smiled sympathetically as they walked towards the train. "I know it's not exactly great-"

"- understatement" Ron muttered.

"Not helping" She scowled. "Anyway - we'll write everyday. A-and I'm sure that Mrs Weasley wouldn't mind if you decided to visit."

"She'd actually be thrilled" Ron chimed. "Why don't you just come with us? It'll be a lot better with us."

Harry shook his head. "It's alright. I can't hide from the Dursleys forever-"

"- I said stop!" Draco whined from the the line that stood infront of the train.

Ron scoffed. "I wonder what's got Malfoy's knickers in a twist."

***

Pansy stared aimlessly out the window as the landscape flew past them from inside the compartment.

"Hey, I heard your parents are hosting the Christmas party this year?" Blaise questioned, making Draco look up from his book.

Pansy nodded. "Yeah. Apparently we have some old family friends joining us and the party is some kind of welcome."

Blaise nodded in understanding and went back to eating his chocolate frog and checking through his letters.

"I heard Nott is going to be there" Draco sighed.

Pansy tensed up. "Really?"

"Mhm" The blonde nodded. "Merlin alone knows why though. Christmas parties are the worst."

"I thought you liked them?" Blaise arched his brow.

"When I was twelve" He rolled his eyes. "C'mon; nothing is more boring than a room filled with stuck-up pure bloods that have nothing better to do than brag about their accomplishments."

Pansy snickered. "What are you talking about? That is totally your scene."

The group spent the rest of the trip laughing and discussing the latest wizard news or their Christmas homework - curtsy of Snape.

"- please?" Ron's voice came from outside the compartment. "Ginny would be just as thrilled to have you there."

Draco scowled at the mention of the she-weasel.

"Draco, if you don't stop scowling like that someone's going to start thinking that you might be jelous." Pansy smirked.

"Why would I be jelous?" Draco rolled his eyes and angrily flipped to the next page of his novel. "There's nothing to be jelous about."

Blaise hid his smile by propping another chocolate frog in his mouth.

Present

Ron yelped as Blaise hugged him by his waist and settled his head in the crook of his neck.

"You're back" The Gryffindor smiled nervously.

"Quite the observer, aren't you?" Blaise mumbled sarcastically.

Ron frowned and cocked his head to the side so he could get a better view. "You okay?"

Blaise nodded with a sigh and looked up to meet the curious gaze of his boyfriend. "Yeah, just family problems - the usual."

Family problems. The words echoed in Ron's head - accompanying the conversation with Dumbledore this morning.

"- it is important to understand that neither of them want this; they're all being forced to agree" Dumbledore reasoned.

Harry shook his head. He didn't want to believe that all this could be true. "W-why?" He managed to breath out.

"I don't know, Harry" Dumbledore admitted. "Maybe it is because they're still young - which means they are all more vulnerable" the old wizard sighed. "Easier to break."

Hermione sucked in a sharp breath. "Professor, if you know this is happening, why aren't you doing anything to stop it?"

"I'm afraid there is nothing more I can do" he responded. "But there might be something you can do."

The trio glanced at each other with questioning looks.

"What do you mean?" Ron asked hesitantly. "Is this where those Horcrux things come in?"

"Oh" Ron mumbled emotionlessly. "Well Harry, Hermione and I have to go to Diagon Alley today. My brothers want to talk about something."

Blaise nodded - not in the mood to ask what it could be about.

"I guess I'll see you later then" The Slytherin smiled and kissed Ron's cheek. "Be safe, yeah?"

Ron chuckled. "Yeah okay. Have fun with Pansy and Draco."

***

"Hey, welcome back" Pansy smiled as Blaise entered the common room. "How was the trip?"

Blaise groaned and plopped down on the sofa. "Rather not talk about it."

Draco glanced nervously down at his parchment of homework - his care of magical creatures essay only half complete. "Glad you're back, mate."

"Me too" the Slytherin forced a smile.

Pansy looked between the two boys uncomfortably; there was an obvious tension surrounding them.

She cleared het throat awkwardly, "I need to go to the bathroom." She quickly stood up and headed for the painting - desperate to get out of the situation.

A few moments of silence passed between the two Slytherins before they finally spoke.

"We need to talk" they announced simultaneously.

"Sorry" Draco mumbled. "You go first."

Blaise sighed and fixed his posture. "Draco, I know you're a Deatheater."

Christmas break

"Harry!" Molly gasped as he approached with Hermione and Ron by his side.

"Hello, Mrs Weasley" he smiled nervously. "I hope you don't mind - Ron insisted that I stay for Christmas."

Molly rolled her eyes and opened her arms - gesturing for the trio to give her a hug.

"I'm happy to hear that!" She chirped and looked over to Ron. "Where is that sister of yours?"

Ron shrugged once he pulled away. "Probably with Luna and Neville-"

"- I'm here!" The red headed girl yelped as she ran towards the group. "Sorry. I fell asleep on the train." She admitted with an embarrassed blush.

"It's not a problem dear" Molly smiled. "Now let's get going. We need to discuss the sleeping arrangements since we have one more guest!"

Ginny looked at Harry and blushed. "Oh, hello, Harry."

Harry gave her a questioning look. "Hey, Ginny."

Present

"Hello, Harry-" Fred smiled.

"- Hermione" George bowed playfully. "It's good to see you two again."

"It's good to see you too" Hermione smiled and hugged the two boys.

"So what exactly did you guys want to tell us?" Ron chimed in, immediately making the twins loose their playful aura.

"Uh- we should probably talk in the back" Fred mumbles.

"That way no one can listen" George added. "We don't want anyone to hear and start panicking in case it's not true."

The trio glanced at each other with worried looks; all of them having the same thought.

They followed the twins towards the back of the store where less customers were.
Fred gestured for them to take a seat on the small red sofa while him and his brother casually leaned against the shelf.

"You two are acting strange" Harry chuckled nervously. "Is everything alright?"

"Well that really depends on how you're going to respond-" George started.

"- after all; this isn't our normal customer gossip" Fred added with stolen glances towards the passing witches and wizards running around the store.

"What do you mean?" Ron frowned and looked at Harry. "What did you guys hear?"

"Well, it all started three days ago when one of the first years from Hogwarts-" Fred started.

"- at least we think they were from Hogwarts. They were wearing Gryffindor robes-" George interrupted.

"- yeah, but that's not the point here" Fred shook his head. "Anyway; they were here with their parents - his fathers."

"Very cute couple" George smiled. "And polite."

The trio smiled and sent each other knowing glances before gesturing for them to continue.

"Sorry" George sighed. "Like Freddy here was saying - they were with their parents..."

Christmas break

"Welcome back!" Mrs Parkinson smiled up from her stack of letters. "Did you two have a pleasant trip?"

Theodore smiled. "Yes. Thank you, Mrs Parkinson."

"Call me Camilla" The witch smiled politely at Theodore. "Pansy, would you be so kind to show Theodore to the guest bedroom." She ordered gently.

"Yeah whatever" Pansy muttered and began walking out the room with Theodore following close behind.

"How's the planning coming along?" Mr Parkinson questioned and stepped towards the large oak desk.

"To put it in perspective - I finally see why the Malfoys always host these things" Camilla chuckled.

***

"I get the feeling you don't like me very much" Theodore smirked as he approached the library.

"Really?" Pansy gasped sarcastically. "What on earth would give you that idea?"

The boy rolled his eyes. "Look, we're going to be stuck together until the pary. I suggest we find a way to get along."

Pansy scowled. "I'll pass."

"Oh come on" he whined and plopped down next to her. "I bet there is something we have in common!"

"I seriously doupt that" She scoffed and shuffled a little further away from Theodore. "Now would you please leave me alone - I have things to take care of and in order for me to focus it must be quiet."

"Some stick in the mud you are" Theodore muttered in distaste.

"What did you just call me?" Pansy frowned.

"Oh nothing" he smiled innocently. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to grant your wish and leave you to your... Studies" the said and stood up to leave the library.

"Yeah whatever, genie" Pansy rolled her eyes.

Present

"Why didn't you tell me?" Blaise asked as Draco sobbed into his shoulder.

"I- I was scared" The blonde admitted. "I put Harry in danger! I put the entire wizarding world in danger because I couldn't muster up the courage to just refuse!"

Blaise shook his head. "Don't think like that. There was nothing you could do - your father had been planning this for years, probably. You couldn't have seen it coming."

Draco continued sobbing. "Why do I keep hurting the people around me? Wh- why can't I just do something right...?"

• • • • • • • • • •

I should be doing homework.

I'm really sorry this took so long, but I'll try to post part 2 to this soon.

Hope y'all are doing okay!
Happy reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45 2 11
Draco malfoy is defeated after the war and Harry Potter befriends him, draco is weaker then he used to be and soon falls for Harry that is the genera...
6.7K 234 12
Pansy gets tired of Draco and Harry fighting, and asks a friend to help stop it. Soon they find out the two boys' relationship exists on a very fine...
2.3K 80 10
Drarry-some smut-mostly fluff-some angst Don't hate, if you don't like this stuff please leave No friend bashing Pansmione Blairon First story in 2 y...
10.4K 249 20
Four months after the Hogwarts war is over, for only that year, an 8th year is added for the past 7th years who missed out much of their necessary ed...