๐‹๐ˆ๐Œ๐„๐‘๐„๐๐‚๐„ - James Po...

By -wonderIand

เฟเพ‚ เผ˜ึจ๐–ฆน In which ๐ฃ๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ approaches a loud hufflepuff named ๐ž๐ฆ๐›๐ž๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๏ฟฝ... More

๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐— ๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—ก๐—–๐—˜
๐—”๐—–๐—ง ๐—ข๐—ก๐—˜
1- the beggining of her
2- bee and sky, the duo
3- phat potions
4- meet me in the kitchens, bro
5- surprise...
6- see your future
7- room of requirements
8- WE DID NOT HAVE SEX
9- falling
10-River's regret
11- Ember White's love
12- the ball preparation๏ฟผ๏ฟผs
14- anddd shes drunk.
15- halfassed sorrys
16-sirius's birthday
17- quidditch game
18- thats an idea
19- the smell of comfort
20- late night owlery
21- pack it up ember white
22- Christmas Woes
23- the surprise present
24- its elvendork bitch
25- exams are gross
๐—”๐—–๐—ง ๐—ง๐—ช๐—ข
26- letters
27- guitar
27.5- Nightmares |Interlude
28- last first day
29- the chilling tale of Regulus Black
30- down horsey, down
31- the breakup game
32- trust me and love me
33- when I say run, run.
34- Hourglass
35- scars
36- shut up and kiss me
37- confess your sins
38- day of love
39- So, christmas is still soon
40- the sibling pact
41- New years woes.
42- expecto patronum (the remix)
43- dumblewhore
44- The story of Estelle White
45- Please talk to me
46- Valentines day is cool
47- WE HAD SEX!
48- Order of the Pheonix
49- apprentice
50- N.E.W.T.S.
51- Graduating hogwarts
๐—”๐—–๐—ง ๐—ง๐—›๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—˜
52- Prepare for the wedding
53- Wedding!
54- Honey is gross with no moon
55- wtf is a job
56- hell nah.
56.5 - bigger issues | Interlude
57- sincerly, r.a.b
58- e & f
59- h.p.
60- motherhood (cool emoji glasses)
61- copycat
62- The prophecy
63- Christmas!
65- beg
66- bloodied crown
67- Screams and shouts
68- flowers on a grave
69- from Mckinnon
70- secret keeper
71-October 31, 1981
72- recoming
73- the end
๐—˜๐—ฃ๐—œ๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—š๐—จ๐—˜
BONUS - slughorn's class, 1st year
BONUS - Limerence: the hit film

13-the ball

31.4K 1K 1.3K
By -wonderIand

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER THIRTEEN!
Limerence

" Are you engaged?"

THE DRESS SHE WORE WAS PERFECT. Ophelia had told her so many times it matched her personality perfectly, yet something felt off about the dress.

The pale pink guided down her body as a wave, causing her legs to be hidden by the fabric. The Lacy pink top made her smile slightly, small spaghetti straps held the dress itself up, but the cleavage was a little much.

Something felt wrong, she felt empty. Her eyes moved around the mirror, finally landing on her neck. Her neck was bare.

Ember's hands grabbed the necklace resting on the bathroom counter, she carefully raised it up and locked it, the E hanging perfectly. Separating her neck and cleavage.

Little did she know, Estelle White had the same problem during a ball. She had a woman with frizzy dark hair help her, however.

Her fingers found the necklace, she squeezed it slightly. She could hear Ophelia ruffling around in their dorm, no doubtfully looking for something.

The ball was starting in thirty minutes. Could Ember actually do this?

Another glance in the mirror caused Ember to become lost in her dress. The dress was a pretty light pink. Her top had lace over it, creating a pattern that cut off at the waist and flowed over to layers of sheer fabric that reached the ground.

Her mask layed in her hands, also a pale pink, though it had silver at the very top, creating a triangle that was out-weighed by the jewls.

Ember's blonde hair was in a neat braided knot, only a few extra pieces of hair had etched its way out.

"Ember?" A voice called from the other side of the door, The blonde made it out to be Ophelia. Their other two roommates were getting ready with other friends so it was just the two. "It's time to go! James will be waiting by the barrels."

Ember sighed, glancing at herself in the mirror. "Tell him I'll be arriving later on!"

Of course she would feel bad about being late to the ball. But she didn't feel like facing the crowd. What would River think? What if she fell or made an embarrassment out of herself.

She did that quite often. But tonight wasn't a classroom or the great hall. It was a formal ball. The type of balls that Tara Uron, her grandmother on her mum's side, would yell at her.

How would Lily look tonight? Did she look better than lily?"

Ophelia let out a groan, "fine. I expect to see you though!"

Though Ophelia couldn't see it, Ember nodded. She heard the door close and looked back in the mirror.

She took her mascara and added a few more layers. Just a few more, and flattened out her dress that was already flat.

Her heels rested on the counter, she took them and slipped them on.

Now it was the dreaded time to face her fears. Rewind, Ember White had no fears. "You look great Em! Your beautiful Em! You'll look better than Lily Em! Your going insane hyping yourself up Em!" She whispered under her breath.

She had no idea how long she stayed in the bathroom because when she exited the dorms, not a single fifth year or up was left in the common room. Only a few sulky younger years who gaped at her.

Nor was James waiting for her.

Her heels brought her to the great hall where she quickly glanced around the wall to see plethoras of people. She breathed in and peeked out from the corner.

This, this was Ember Whites moment. The couples that had been talking had ceased.

No one could deny that Ember White looked magnificent, elegance defined by a single scene as she stood at the top of the stairs. Kissed by the hush of the audience and the gasps of "she looks beautiful". The perfection of the moment as everyone gaped at the blonde. Not a single jaw remained closed at that moment.

The pink of the dress complimented her pale skin. Her mask hid her freckled face, though a few could be seen under her blue eyes.  A pink Cinderella many of the muggle-borns would say for years on.

Her date looked absolutely shocked. His jaw was dropped though you could see a smirk through it. Ember had always been gorgeous, but this was a new ember. This wasn't the skirt and sweater girl he had grown to know. This was an elegant woman. Beauty that had only been defined by no more than a smile until that moment of bliss.

Ember only noticed how River passed to Lily Evans without a single glance.

She wouldn't let one man ruin her night. This was her night to shine. To be the bright star. It was Ember's moment. The jealous glances she received as she glided down the stairs was proof enough.

Skylar gave her sister an undying look of love and respect. A look of caring and gold. Genny wolf-whistled and Ember could see Ophelia holding her heart as if she was going to cry.

River hadn't noticed her. Lily had, she was giving Ember a smile. Even lily could agree Ember was truly a princess that night. All she was missing was the tiara.

Finally, Hazel met Blue. James Potter stood there in a white tux and black dress pants. He still had the messy hair and ever so hazel eyes that Ember enjoyed. There was something different about seeing him in a tux that made her heartbeat race before slowing.

Hushed whispers filled the hall as Ember White, the girl who had stolen the masquerade walked over to James Potter.

"My lady," James said, his hand reached out as he not so subtly admired her. "You look rather dashing this fine night."

Ember let a laugh escape her lips, "why thank you, Sir. Potter, I can see you clean up quite well."

It was James who laughed this time. A grin was on his face as she took his hand. Her soft, cold skin knitting in with his brittle, warm skin.

They wore identical smiles as they pranced over to the dance floor. The weird sisters being the only background noise as everyone shrank. It was Ember and James, it always will be.

They glided around so effortlessly. As if they were born to do this. A prophecy made just for them.

His hand was on her hip and the other one holding her hand, her arm was around his neck and the other one holding his hand, the bliss of the moment seemed so important as they slid around the room in grace. None of the others quite matched them. Though to any outsider, it would seem as if they were engrossed in each other, the two both knew the other eyes was searching for another across the room.

Lily Evans, though beautiful, was nothing compared to Ember that night. Her beauty grew on the inside more than the out. Though to the blonde and the raven haired boy, she was the prettiest one that night. Her hair, an undying red rested at the top of her hair in a braided bun. Much like Ember's but not low. Her dress was an ivy green. Erupting at the bottom creating a seemingly large black hole.

She may have not caught many eyes that night, but she caught River O'Conners. And that broke her heart. Even more than that, her own date was searching for her as well.

Lily Evans was everything Ember wasn't. Yet, she kept the large smile on her face. Hazel would meet blue every once in a while, and that was alright. Rule five, one of the rules they created, don't catch feelings. That was the most important rule.

It what kept the game going. It kept lost glances to the dance floor by River to his blonde best-friend he wasn't so keen on losing. It kept the shocked looked on Lily's face when James entered the room without a date.

However, it must be in the moment.

"If I looked correctly... Are you engaged?" James smirked, gesturing to her ring after they finished dancing. Ember snorted and grabbed punch for the two.

"Forgot that small detail." Said Ember jokingly. James grinned at the blonde. She gave a cheerful one back before continuing, "But alas I am engaged to your father."

James faked a look of surprise, an exaggerated gasp leaving his lips. "M-my father! How could you Ember White!"

She fell into James's arms, a hand flying over her forehead. He laughed and swept her up into a bridal position. People were staring but they could care less.

"Truly Potter! I didn't mean it. It- it was arranged by..." she paused for dramatic effect, "Sirius!"

"Sirius Black?!"

Ember glared at him, "no Sirius Elf." She softened her eyes and went back into her dramatic state once again. "Yes! It was the Black! I truly swear Potter I never meant to cause harm!"

"I cannot continue this game Ember! You have played with my emotions for far to long I say!" He dropped her to the ground with a thud. Ember tried to grimace but ended up just laughing.

James helped her up with a grin. The two went to a table for themselves, of course with more seats just in case anyone wanted to join them. Ember threw her legs over James'. He glanced at the girl who now had her head in her palm. "What on your mind?"

She turned to face him, "Do you ever just think about committing murder?" James raised his eyebrows and his eyes widened. No, no he had never thought about committing a murder. Ember didn't get the hint and continued, "Like, there's no way it's that hard. Sure- I would probably turn myself in because of the guilt..."

"Good to know you have some humanity left." James laughed. His hands went to grip Ember's thighs that were slowly slipping off of his. Neither of them really noticed, it felt so natural.

"That-" she said, taking another drink. "Is where you are wrong. I have no humanity left and I am simply a rat in the big scheme of things. I mean my child could go on to save the world and I would just be the birth giver."

James gave her a concerning glance. "Your not exactly wrong, but that's a little concerning." Ember laughed and used one of her legs to nudge him in the stomach.

A confortable silence filled the air. Though, they were both looking off in the distance to look at someone else, they were together. And even if they did look at someone else they always came back. Hazel and Blue.

"She looks so happy." Said James sadly. Ember didn't have to look away to know he was talking about Lily.

She sighed, removing her legs from atop his. "This is getting depressing." She reached for his hand, "We are going to your dorm. Hopefully Sirius isn't in there having sex with his date."

James laughed and took her hand happily, "I feel like there's soemthing going on between him and Moony!"

She smiled and nodded, "Did you see him get red? And-" she pointed to the dance floor, Sirius and Remus were dancing- not very good- but dancing. "That detail."

Ember smiled and took another sip of her punch. James tried to hide his smirk, but ended up just laughing. "How much have you had to drink?"

Ember shrugged, "Maybe... three cups?" James whistled. "Why?"

"I'm pretty sure Sirius spiked it." He laughed and Ember nearly dropped her cup.

"Nope. I'm a horrible drunk. We're leaving now." Ember declared, dropping her cup in a trash can and dragging James out of the great hall. A toothy grin was on his face. Neither noticed the couple glaring at them.

Their laughs filled the air as they moved around the empty corridors. In her free hand rested her heels and her mask, in his just his mask. On occasion Ember would spit out random things. Much like she did in the great hall.

Their hands were still intertwined the whole way to the Gryffindor common room. Once they got there James covered her ears so he could tell Elizabeth the password. She giggled and swatted his hands off once they were in.

Ember let his hand go and jumped on his back. He let out a 'humph' from the sudden impact but grinned nonetheless. His hands wrapped around her thighs that were hidden by the dress as they went up the stairs.

ASHLEE SPEAKS!

I wanted to end the chapter like that because tbh this chapter was getting lœng.

Wolfstar.

That's all I have to say.

and here is the dresses/ suits inspo

That's what I was talking about btw 👀
Hey- eat today luv your gorgeous

OH MY GOD IVE HAD THIS DRAFT FOREVER NOW BUT IM UPLOADING IT EARLY BECAUSE WE HAVE 1K READS AND OMG THIS IS LIKE- whaaaat? IK ITS NOT ALOT BUT IM SO PROUD OF MYSELF AND TYYYEHEHEBEB

ooo | WORD COUNT
2254

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 10.1K 39
'We'll ๐ฌ๐š๐Ÿ๐ž๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง, the pieces of our broken hearts back together' "I have to brew a difficult potion with him for months. And guess who my p...
71.4K 1.3K 71
Remus Lupin x OC "You can tell them to sod off because I'm set on making the "Gryffindor Princess" mine." Chase Odair is a tough Gryffindor and a pro...
23.3K 469 39
โ๐–ถ๐—‚๐—…๐—… ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—…๐–บ๐—Œ๐— ๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—‹๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‹?โž ๐–บ๐—Œ๐—„๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—๐–บ๐—‹๐—‹๐—’ ๐—‰๐—ˆ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹. โ๐–จ๐–ฟ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž ๐—๐–บ๐—‡๐— ๐—Ž๐—Œ ๐—๐—ˆ, ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—๐—‚๐—…๐—… ๐—…๐–บ๐—Œ๐—...
35.4K 812 26
"๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐จ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐จ๐œ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐‰๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ ๐…๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ. ๐€๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ...