23- the surprise present

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

LIMERENCE         ↳ chapter 23

LIMERENCE
         ↳ chapter 23

EMBER FLOOED INTO THE potters home with a box in hand, actually two boxes. One was for Euphemia and Fleamont the other for James.

Marci had insisted on getting the Potters' some Christmas presents she thought they would like. Ember had been correct when she said they used to know eachother. Turns out when Marci and Ryan were starting their first year Mia and Monty were in their 6th.

Her Christmas had not been going the best so far, she had another fight with her brother and she didn't even get a niffler or a cat! Though she was indeed great full for everything else her parents and friends at Hogwarts had gotten her. She was just a little salty about the fights with Aries.

As soon as she was in their living room James was there smiling. "hullo blondie!"

"Hi!" She chirped happily. She handed him his box just as Mia ran in from the kitchen.

She was a beautiful woman with a structured face and dark brown hair much like James's. She smiled widely and hugged Ember. She was a little stiff at first but hugged her back. "You must be Ember! My son as told me all about you- oh gosh aren't you just beautiful! I'm Euphemia but you can call me Mia. My husband was called into work..."

Ember felt her neck heat up a little, "thank you! I have a present for you!" She handed the box to Mia.

"Thank you sweetheart! Here I'll let you and James hang out... I believe Remus is coming later today aswell." Mia took the box and waved at Ember before scurrying back to the kitchen.

James took Ember's wrist, "See I told you she would love you. Okay I have a present for you!" James smiled brightly and led her upstairs.

He opened a door and Ember was met with the familiar smell of the Potter boy. His room was covered in red and actually really clean. Ember pointed to the box in his hand, "Thats your present."

"Why thank you blondie. Okay... here you go!" He handed the blonde a box with holes poked out at the bottom. The two both sat down with their boxes in between their legs. she raised an eyebrow and took the lid off.

Inside layed a small black niffler. Ember dropped her mouth open. The creature was sleeping quite peacefully. James became pale, "oh you hate it! It was a long shot but you kept talking about it and I thought you'd like it! The woman said it was a great present and that it was trained but I wasn't sure. I ca-"