19- the smell of comfort

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

LIMERENCE         ↳ chapter 19

LIMERENCE
         ↳ chapter 19

IF THERE WAS ONE THING Ember White hated more than anything, it was that every month she would curl up in her bed and refuse to do anything more than eat strawberry's. Ophelia had to drag her out of bed on that December morning just to go to breakfast.

Ember and Ophelia decided to sit at the Gryffindor table today, seeing that River was sitting with Lily. The dark haired girl sat by Peter whilst Ember took her spot next to Remus and James. She automatically leaned her head on Remus's shoulder. He looked down at her, "are you alright Em?"

"no." She responded dryly. James looked over at his 'girlfriend', noticing that a certain red head was watching him.

"Em, come here." James held his arm out to her and she pouted as she let him hold her. His arms wrapped around her and she wrapped hers around his stomach, digging her head into his chest. Ophelia and Remus were both watching with smirks.

"Say Ember," Ophelia started. Ember groaned into James's chest causing him to laugh. "What about rule numero five?"

Ember lifted her head up to glare at her dark haired best friend. "I'm going to skin you alive you tosser." She once again dug her head into James's chest. He was offering warmth and she totally needed that at the moment.

Sirius barked out a laugh, "what's wrong with the blonde today?" If possible, Ember would've glared at him but didn't feel like leaving James's chest. So she settled on giving him the middle finger.

James snorted loudly and grabbed her hand in his. Sure, people were watching. But there was something in him that just wanted to hold her. There was also that small portion that made him glance to see if Lily was watching.

"Nothing that a few strawberry's and some water won't fix." Said Ophelia playfully.

Ember lifted her head from James, "I want my sister... where is my sister?" Ember asked.

Skylar White was no where in the great hall. She usually was there bright and early to do her head girl things but not a single trace of her remained. Sirius laughed, "I see that her girlfriend isn't here either."

Ember groaned loudly and fell back into James. "I hate you Sirius Black. I wish I never did anything for you." It was pretty obvious that the Hufflepuff didn't mean a word coming out of her mouth.

"Sure, sure." Remus smiled. Ember went to flip him off but James grabbed her hand before she could.

"Probably don't want to do that Blondie." He whispered in her ear. Ember had to try very hard in that moment to hide her fast beating heart.