Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

By shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... More

Prologue
1- A way back home
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

2- Stalling

1.3K 142 56
By shinymewgirl

I carefully climbed onto Windy's back taking care not to hurt my fluffy flying type Pokémon, I gently ran my fingers over her cloudy wing feathers, Hope and Trust lightly jumped on either side of me as my friends released their own flying Pokemon. The dock was crowded and we were all finding it difficult to stay steady. Unfortunately Olivine City was one of the busiest cities in Johto and I didn't really like crowds... scratch that I flat out hate 'em.

I signalled for Wind dancer to take flight and with one graceful flap of her wings we were fluttering above the city waiting for the other to catch up.

"That special speed training paid off didn't it?" I snorted.

~What training?~

I shook my head. "You have no sense of time do you?"

~Nope.~

Faith rolled her eyes. ~I can't believe Windy gets a mega stone and I don't even have a mega evolution. It's not fair.~ She pouted.

I rolled my eyes this time. "They'll find one for you eventually."

Everyone else had caught up a few moments later so we began the  flight towards Goldenrod city. The sky was calm, barely a breath of wind passed us and thankfully a lot less crowded than Olivine.

"So where are we headed?" Silver calls.

"Goldenrod." I reply pointing ahead at the rapidly growing closer city.

"What for?" Silver asked.

I rolled my eyes. "I have two stops to make. You guys can do what you want u til I'm done."

In the distance I can see Blackthorn City sitting snugly on its mountain top. It was hard to make out all the details over the distance, I could barely make out a few houses but I knew one of them was mine and next to it sat the gym. I could literally walk Blackthorn blind, and aura had nothing to do with it.

I didn't notice we were near Goldenrod until Wind Dancer was landing in it. I blinked a few times to clear my head followed by a brief shake of my head.

Goldenrod was even busier then Olivine. I sighed and returned Windy before turning to my friends. "Who's coming with me?" I asked.

"I'm going with you weather you like it or not." Silver frowned returning his Honchkrow.

"That's for the offer but I think I'm good." I smirked. "Looks like I'm stuck with Red."

Us dating has nothing to do with the fact that I called for him to come with me, I just prefer him over Silver's constant nagging and bossing me around...

I grabbed Red's hand and dragged him into the mall. "I'll call you when I'm done!" I called over my shoulder.

I knew precisely where to head once I was in. I walked down the seemingly endless hall until I got to my destination, Crystallised Crystal Pokemon. I pushed the door open and the clerk greeted me with a smiled. "Welcome to Crystallised Crystal Pokemon, where the crystals are good enough to be the real thing."

I rolled my eyes. "It's me Jerry, you got my order?" I asked boredly.

"I know. How could I ever forget one of my best customers?" Jerry smiled.

"You collect crystal sculptures?" Red asked.

"Just my own Pokemon. I ordered ahead so I could get my new Pokemon added." I replied as Jerry pulled out a few small boxes. "It's been a while since I updated my collection."

"Let's see, an Espeon, a Deerling, a Blitzel, a Dewgong, a Vulpix and a Ninetails right?" Jerry asked.

I nodded and watched Jerry pack the boxes carefully in a larger box filled with bubble wrap and tissue paper. Note to self; keep the bubble wrap away from Petunia.

I thanked Jerry and accepted the box. "I may place a few more orders soon, I'm planing on getting some new mega evolutions." I said, carefully placing the box in my backpack.

"No problem Emma." Jerry smiled as I handed him the money I owed. "Anytime."

I nodded and turned to leave, Red at my heel. "Do you need anything?" I asked walking briskly to my next destination.

Red shook his head. "Na, I'm good." He smiled, slipping his hand into mine. "Though this wouldn't be to bad."

"You do know that if Silver sees you he's going to kill you, than me, than you again?"

Red smiled. "I'll risk it."

I rolled my eyes and entires the next shop; Mega Wears.

At first no one but a Medicham sporting a Medichamite in a crown like accessory was in the room. But a few moments later a shop assistant entered. "May I help you?" She asked politely, a similar accessory was wrapped around her upper arm.

I nodded. "I heard that they found new mega stones, I was wondering if you had any in stock?"

The shop assistant beamed. "Yes, yes of course we do come take a look." She went behind a glass counter and pulled out a draw containing a few types of the jewels. I scanned over the labels.

"Okay I'll take an Altarianite, a Galladite and..." My eyes settled on the Loppunnite. Pom pom didn't like battling much but should I get her a mega stone anyway? "A Lopunnite." I smiled. It would be a nice gift for her, whether she used it or not.

The shop owner picked up my requested stones and smiled. "We have two more, they're very rare and quite a bit more expensive."

Champion of five regions here, money had never been a worry for me. Though I normally give most it away to charity but I haven't had a chance since my last win.

The shop owner pulled a case I hadn't noticed off the shelf. It had two stones in it. "These are the Latios and Latias mega stones."

My mind instantly landed on Liberty and Sole.

"I'll take them both." I nodded as she added them to this list.

"And will you be buying accessories to?"

I nodded and thought of my own Pokemon. I chose each one specifically for its matching Pokemon. For Wind dancer's Altarianite, a crown like charm that went around the ribbons on her head. Blade would get an arm band that I thought looked really cool and for Pom pom, a simple yet elegant bracelet. Last but not least, matching necklaces for Liberty and Sole that looked like ying and yang with the mega stone going where the dot would be.

I payed my money and true to the cashiers word, it had costed a lot but I had a surplus in money since the Unova league. Well that's Destiny's birthday present sorted... I wonder if I can get a hold of a Key Stone for her.

I shook my head and noticed that Red had once again slipped his hand into mine. I smiled to myself as we walked through the mall.

Once out side I slipped my hand out of Red's and pulled out my X-transceiver and called Silver's number. It rung three times before Silver answered.

"Hello?" Silver's face appeared on the screen.

"I'm done, how long will you be?" I asked, not really caring what he was doing.

"I'm done." Silver said simply. "You out already?"

"Yup, see you in a few." I replied hanging up.

I sighed and leaned against a railing with my arms crossed.

"What's your problem?" Red asked leaning next to me.

"Nothing. Just nerves." I shrugged watching a flock of Pidgy, Pidgeotto and Pidgeot fly over head.

Red nodded and pulled me a little closer.

I blushed a little. "Red people are looking." I said noting the people all around.

Red smiled and kissed my forehead. "I don't mind."

I pushed him away playfully. "Well I do."

Red fake pouted as Silver came out with a small shopping bag in his hand.

~Imagine what it will be like taking Destiny to Kalos, the shopping capital of the world.~ Hope snickered. ~Is that wise?~

"Not really, but Silver's certainly not gonna let me go in my own." I shrugged.

"Heard that."

"Do I care?" I rolled my eyes sending out Wind dancer. I stroked the dragon-flying type in the head. "I have a present for you Windy."

~Oooo... Is it a Lilliepuppy?~ Windy said excitedly.

"Not quite." I shook my head digging through my shopping bag for Wind dancer's crown.

I pulled out the silver charm and the mega stone so she could see.

~Oooo, pretty!~ Windy cheered.

I smiled and clipped the mega stone securely into the the crown and place it on her head. "Perfect."

~Can I try it out? Please, please, please!~

"If someone else is willing to battle." I said turning to everyone else. "How about it?"

"I will!" Red volunteered.

"Okay then." I nodded as we took places in a make shift battle field. A few people stopped to watch as we took our places. Windy and I took our side while Red took the other.

He thought a second before pulling out a Pokéball. "Alright Pikachu, prepare to battle." Red's Pickachu came out of the Pokéball in a fury of electricity. He stood patiently and calmly waiting for instructions, pawing the ground eager for battle.

"Alright Wind dancer, mega evolution. GO!" I called, holding my Key Stone up from its silver chain in my wrist,lightly tapping the smooth surface. It shone brightly as Wind Dancer's Altairanite lit up in response.

Windy became cloaked in a harsh light and she started to change almost as if she was evolving. Her tail grew out into a star shape as she evolved into her mega form.

~Oh meh GWAD! I'm so pretty!~ Windy squealed admiring herself.

I rolled my eyes. "Windy, use Flamethrower."

~Oh-kay!~ She squealed forming a ball of fire in her mouth before shooting it at Pikachu. Her attack was so fast and strong, the electric mouse didn't have a chance to dodge.

He fell to the ground and fainted in seconds.

Red looked completely chocked, going wide eyed without a word.

Even I was surprised by my Altaria's power and I was used to one hitting trainers all the time, you know, the noobs who think they can beat a regional champion with a Ratatta. No joke, someone kid thought they could beat me with his 'top percentage Ratatta'. I completely wiped the floor with him.

"Wow, mega Altaria is awesome." I smirked rubbing her head as she shrunk back to normal.

~That was AWESOME!~ Windy squealed.

I rolled my eyes. "That was awesome," I nodded. "Now I'm gonna need to go home sooner or later."

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 1773

Another chapter done. *proud face* This is the last chapter for today... unless you get lucky but this is all I've finished writing. Vote comment and have a cookie!! (>^-^)>🍪

Please comment. It makes me happy and if I'm happy I update more. *puppy eyes*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 340 31
*Going Through Major editing* "You can be a Pikachu..." "You can be energy.." "But I'll love you either way.." *First ever story* In a trainerless w...
223K 10.3K 52
After a past of abuse and heartache, Emma's only solace is her own strength. Depending only on herself and her Pokémon is how she gets from one day t...
9K 326 24
~(This book is under heavy rework. 07/21 Chapters reworked. Be aware, chapters will not line up with each other during this period.)~ Kalos. A place...
2.2K 124 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...