I Fell In Love With Him While...

By normaa

Jayleen Lévon, is a hard working nurse working at Hopkins Hospital. One day, a handsome man named Ayden, is r... More

I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter1)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter2)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter3)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter4)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter5)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter6)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter7)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter8)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter9)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter10)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter11)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter12)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter13)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter14)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter15)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter16)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter17)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter18)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter19)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter20)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter21)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter22)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter23)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter 24)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter25)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter26)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter27)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter29)
I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter30)

I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter28)

4.8K 133 46
By normaa

Jayleen's POV

"How are you feeling, Jayleen?" The doctor asked me gently.

It doesn't matter how I feel right now! I wanted to shout at him. 

"How is my son?! The nurse took him from me right after a second of holding him!" I cried, and felt my eyes filling with tears. He nodded and frowned.

"Tell me what's wrong with him, doctor" I demanded, wiping the tears with the back of my hand; feeling utterly alone.

"Your son has respiratory distress syndrome. Which means–––"

I held a hand up to him. After a few seconds I responded.

"I know what it is. I'm a nurse" I whispered and wiped my tears as they kept coming.

"How long does he have to be in the incubator?" I asked after a second.

The doctor stayed with me explaining me what was going to happen.  I just felt my heart being torn apart. I've held my child once and I loved him so much already.  He was beautiful.

The tears couldn't stop flowing even though I knew baby Ayden was going to be okay. I was still worried about him. I've only seen him once since he was born and I couldn't see him until I was ready to move around more.

He left me in my room and I couldn't think about anything else. I touched my flat stomach and winced. How can I be so stupid and fall! I put my son in grave danger because of it.

I should have been more careful! I would have been cradling my belly right now. It's almost one in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I desperate wanted to see my son.

I know he's beautiful. He had my light brown hair but I know his eyes were light. I was happy he was going to take after his daddy's eyes. He didn't cry which got me scared.

I needed him in my arms. He needed his mom! I couldn't believe it was actually true.

I am a mom now. A mom to a blessed child. A child I already loved so much. Now I know that mother love is the biggest thing you can have.

"Hey Jayleen..." I turned and saw Kyler standing at the end of the bed.

"Hi Ky. You should go home now. Nothing is going to happen now" I whispered and my tears flowed out again.

"I'm going to be here for you, Jay. And your baby. Our baby if you want" he whispered and kissed my hand. I shook my head and frowned.

"You can be uncle Kyler, to him. I need you to realize I don't want anything more, Kyler" I whispered and he frowned.

He opened his mouth to tell me something, but I silenced him shaking my head. I didn't want to have this conversation with him. I just want my son.

"The nurse hasn't recorded his name yet" I said, changing the subject. He stayed quiet and stood up after a minute. He looked sad… I just wanted to tell him 'I don't want to be with you because I am not going to love you again.' I knew that would be too harsh for him.

"I'm going to go eat something at the cafeteria. Want anything?" He asked me. I knew he was leaving because he was hurt. I shook my head and he left swiftly.

Why is everything going so bad!

Half an hour passed and not a single nurse come in.

I found myself crying, thinking about how screwed up I've been when I saw a small movement. I felt numb and didn't even turn to see who came in, but there was another small movement.

Tiredly, I tuned my head expecting to see Kyler, but it wasn't.

I got that crying sensation in my nose and blinked a few times.

"Oh god, I'm dreaming now. Please let me wake up. I'm being punish for not being careful, right?" I started sobbing and covered my face.

"You are not dreaming" he whispered, but he was mad. Knowing he was made me cry even harder. Of course he should be mad. I know he hates me.

I calmed down my sobs and finally looked at him. He was looking at me when a pained but then he turned back to anger.

"Ayden" I cried out and looked at his beautiful face. His angry beautiful face. His expression soften but it left right away.

"Ayden" I cried out again, not believing he was actually here. I looked up through my tears, and he was standing there. Looking at me with an emotionless face. He's still so handsome, but he's aged.

I needed him.

"What are you doing here?" I cried harder and he looked mad again. How did he find out?

"I shouldn't be here for the birth of my baby?" He snapped at me. I couldn't contain the tears and he went to the window. I could tell that his shoulders were tensed.

I tried to sit up and it hurt so bad.

He's so close to me. I dreamt about this but not in these circumstances. I looked up at him and he frowned.

"You should lay down" he said strained when I tried to stand up. I wiped my tears and shook my head.

"I am so sorry" I whispered up to him. He tensed and opened his eyes; filled with pain.

"I am so so sorry. I couldn't tell you, I just couldn't" I whaled and tried to touch him. He pulled away and it made me cry harder.

Kyler's POV

I stalk out of Jay's room and go to the cafeteria. Why couldn't she just love me back? The way we were in college, it's like we were made for each other. She's suppose to love me, not that other guy.

I ate alone in the cafeteria. I wished I was here for the birth of our child. We'd be such a happy family. About a half an hour later I stood up and dumped my tray. As I made my way to her room, a guy bumps into me.

I looked at him and he looks important and mad. What the hell? He doesn't even apologize. I curse at him silently and I kept walked toward her room.

When I got there I heard an unfamiliar voice. I stalled before I entered.

"Why not? I gave you so many chances" he demanded angry. Who the fuck was yelling at her? Annoyed I was about to yell at whoever was yelling at her, but then I stopped.

It was that asshole who bumped into me, but now I knew who he exactly was. This rich guy was Ayden. I was shocked. I felt my breath being knocked out of me. She went from me to this rich asshole? She loves him than me?

I left and took one last look. She looked at him the way she use to look at me, but much more. He looked at her exactly the same way.

Jayleen's POV

"Ayden, you have Piper! She's so much more sophisticated than me. She's so beautiful" I cried and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Jayleen, please! I told you over and over again that I didn't want her. I haven't wanted her since I woke and saw you!" he ranted quickly and my heart broke again.

"I couldn't ruin your marriage with her. You cheated on her with me. I feel so guilty!" I said and he stepped away pissed. He ran a hand through his hair frustrated.

"What happened to the baby?" he asked after a minute, he was avoiding looking at me.

"I fell down the stairs when I went to get something to eat. I had to have an emergency c-section" I explained and he went tense.

"Boy or girl?" he asked not looking at me still.

"Boy" I said and smiled lightly.

"Where is he rig–––" but there was a soft knock at the door.

"Can I come in?" the nurse said looking at me. She turned to look at Ayden and checked him out. He wasn't mine to care anymore.

"Sure" I answered and came next to me. She checked my vitals and everything. I sighed and Ayden was looking at me with his deep eyes.

"Have you decided a name for the baby?" she asked me and Ayden's eyes snapped at me.

"Ayden Zane Lévon" I whispered to her and she began to write it down.

"NO! I am the father and he will be a Castro Jr!" he snapped at the nurse. She gulped and nodded.

She left quickly and Ayden glared at me.

"You named him after me? Was that your plan all along or is it because I'm here?" he snapped and I cringed. Right away, his face softened and reached out a hand towards me, but pulled it back. I urged for his touch.

"All along. I was going to tell you eventually, but I didn't have the guts yet" I whispered and tears kept flowing.

"I am going to go see him" he said left swiftly. I felt numb again.

Ayden's POV

I just wanted to hold her. Hold her tight and kiss her. Tell her how much I love her, but I was too mad right now. She didn't tell me.

I asked a nurse to take me to see my baby and she did. I followed her and then we entered a room full of incubators. Parents were with their child and she took me and stopped at one.

"You can put your hand though that hole and touch the baby" she said and left me alone.

I looked at my son and I felt a sob rising, but I contained it. He was covered with tubes, but he was awake. He looked at me and that's when my sob came out. I fell on my knees and kept crying.

Then I felt a small hand on my shoulder. I looked up and it was Jayleen in a wheel chair and the nurse left quickly.

"What's wrong with him?" I demanded after I calmed down and I noticed she was crying too.

"His lung aren't fully functional and he needs to be in there until he is able to breathe on his own" she whispered and leaned her hand out touched my face. I wanted to pull away but it was her touch. Her touch I've missed so much. I closed my eyes and she wiped my tears away.

I stood up quickly and went to see my baby again. He was now asleep. He was so small.

"He's tiny" I said and she scooted next to me. She stuck her hand in and touched his face.

"My poor baby" she cried and caressed his face. I gulped and put my hand in and touched his foot. I can't believe he's mine.

"Will he be okay?" I asked hesitantly. I looked at her and she was starring at him. So much love radiated off of her and made my heart swell up.

"Yes, he will just have to be here. I'm a nurse at the emergency room here so everyone will take extra care of him" she whispered and kept touching the baby.

"Excuse me everyone? The room needs to be empty now. We do not want to risk the babies getting any germs" a nurse said and parents started leaving. Jayleen started wheeling herself out, but she looked so weak. I grabbed the handle and helped her to her room.

"I am not going to stay here when I cannot see my child. Now I would appreciate if you leave so I can get ready" she snapped at a nurse. The nurse seemed scared and left the room. Fuck me, I forgotten how feisty she can get. She looked so tired and grabbed a bag out of the drawer.

"I'm sorry to ask, but can you get a nurse to help me change? I made her leave" she whispered at me.

"I can help you" I whispered and she turned red.

I opened the bag and pulled out the t-shirt. I looked at it and realized it was my t-shirt. She was red and looked down. I felt my heart beat faster. After all this time, she still has it.

She took her gown off and I groaned lightly when I saw her breast. I remembered quickly when I use to make her moan when I massaged them. And they're bigger right now. She covered them quickly and frowned.

"I know I look gross don't make it worse for me" she hiccuped. I wanted to tell her she was beautiful but I didn't. I helped her put my old shirt on. I pulled her hair

own and she  looked sad. She stood up and I went down to help her put her sweats on.

"They won't hurt the stitches?" I asked her, worried if they would.

"I'll leave them right under" she whispered.

I was pulling up her sweats and she stopped my before I reached her private.

"Thank you" she said and pulled up her shirt and I saw her and I internally groaned. I shook my head remembering all the times we made love. I helped her put her socks on and she looked ate me gratefully.

"You can stay in the extra bedroom in my house. My brother left some clothes from when he visited me again" she told me, looking up at me with tired eyes. I had no intention leaving her side anyway, so I nodded at her. I asked a nurse if she can get me a cab and she said yes. Jayleen checked herself out and I wheeled her to the front.

The cab was her and she tried to stand up but I knew she was in pain.

"Hold on, you're going to hurt yourself" I snapped and she frowned at me. I carried her bridal style and she looked deeply into my eyes like she use to. I helped her get seated and sat next to her. She told the driver her address and he started driving.

She was dozing off when we got there and we stopped at a very nice home. This is where she lives….

She protested when I paid the taxi but I silenced her with a look. Then I helped her get out and carried her to the door.

"There's an extra key in the plant over there" she said and pointed at it. I let her down gently and she held onto the doorknob. I went to get it and I found it after a minute. I opened the door and she walked in.

I looked around and realized she decorated similar to the apartment. I saw a picture of her and her brother at her graduation. Then I saw one with her and her mother. She looked so young and pretty there. She must have been twelve or close.

I followed her into the kitchen and she opened a draw and took out some painkillers. She was in pain.

"Jayleen, let's take you back to the hospital. They can give you morphine" I told her and she shook her head at me.

"There are two spare bedrooms up there. You can choose neither. Let me get you some clothes" she said weakly and she started going up the stairs. She cringed at the first step, but kept going.

"Fuck Jayleen, you're going to hurt yourself" I snapped and carried her. She looked so fragile.

"Which one is your room?" I asked and she pointed at it. I opened it and gulped. I laid her down and she looked at me weakly.

"Ayden will be fine" she whispered and smiled. A tear slipped from her eye and she fell asleep. I choked up and left the room. I shook my head and opened the door right next to hers. 

My breathe left my system when I realized it was the baby's room. The letters A-Y-D-E-N were written above the crib. The walls were blue with clouds. She had everything for the baby. I opened the closed and found pampers, formula, bottles, and baby clothes. There was a rocking chair and there was an album on there where it said 'Baby Ayden'. 

I sat down and opened it. There was two pregnancy test with a positive signs. I flipped the page and saw ultrasound pictures. It said two months. There was another one that said three months.

I smiled at each picture and my eyes bulged at the next picture. It was Jayleen with a sports bra and she was touching her belly. It said '3 months here!' then there was more pictures of her each month cradling her growing belly. She was incredibly beautiful.

"I was 3 months when I found out I was pregnant" I jerked when I saw her standing behind me. She stood next to me and smiled at the picture that said six months.

"He started kicking a lot here. Mostly when I sang to him" she said and smiled softly.

"Jayleen, you should be resting" I told her and she ignored me. She flipped to a page and my eyes bulged. It was a picture of me and Jayleen I forgot she took of us. We looked so happy.

"I had every intention about telling him about you" she whispered. I didn't say anything. There was more pictures of her pregnant with her brother, father, Devin, Vivian and some guy I didn't recognize.

"I asked them not to tell you, so please don't get mad at them" she said and I nodded slowly. I was still going to yell at him.

"Let me take you to an extra room" she said after a minute and walked slowly. She walked into a room and took out some shorts and a regular tee. She left them in the bed and went into the restroom.

She came out with a small bag filled with toiletries for men.

"Brother leaves everything behind" she whispered. I walked her back to her bedroom and helped her on her bed. She looked exhausted.

"I can't express how sorry I am, Ayden" she said looking at me with her sad brown eyes. I left before I told her I still loved her. I changed and laid into the bed. I checked my phone and I had tons of missed calls from Piper. It was 3 am but I still called her. I was surprised when she answered.

"Where in the hell are you? Why haven't you picked up your phone? Who are you with? When in the hell are you getting home? What the––" She snapped at me and I felt my anger boil.

"Piper, I do not have the patience for your nagging today. I don't know when I will be back. We will talk later" I snapped right back.

"Where the hell are you?! You should be home with your wife sleeping instead of doing who knows what!" She shouted ignoring what I said completely.

"PIPER JUST STOP YOUR NAGGING! We will talk another time because I can't handle your shit right now" I yelled and hung up. I threw my phone and grabbed my head frustrated.

Then I felt a hand on my back. I could have scolded her for leaving her bed again but her touch calmed me down immediately. 

"Jayleen, you really need to rest" I whispered suddenly tired.

"I got worried when I heard you shouting" she whispered.

"Please go to your room and rest. You to be rested when we go back to the hospital tomorrow" I said and stood up. She nodded at me and turned to me with tearful eyes.

"Goodnight"

*******

I AM SORRY FOR THE LONGEST TIME NOT UPDATING.

SORRY FOR ERRORS 

College apps were hetic. 

A very dear uncle of mine passed away. 

I am sorry again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 4.5K 91
sienna is a witch that has so many secrets. her mom who was head coven hated her and all sienna ever tried to do was get her mom to love her. that w...
58.9K 460 28
This story is about a girl that feels unloved and unwanted by her friends and family. She is just a very depressed girl. Well before long she meets t...
102K 1.2K 35
Jackie has been sick for the longest time. Ever since she was young, she's had cancer attacks over and over again, but has some how always been able...
1.8K 52 15
What would you do when you wake up on your birthday to find your parents gone? Midnight didn't know how to react. Men came for her and she listened t...