Love The Hurt Away

By LourDarden

After two years from when Dessiah and her daughter Delaney were thrown out of her home in the rain by her tri... More

Love The Hurt Away
When Opportunity knocks
Crossroads (Let Go Let God)
To Follow A Dream or Not To Follow A Dream?
Late Nights, Last Night (Part 1)
Temporary Goodbyes (Part 2)
Hello,Tokyo (Part 3)
Take My Breath Away (Part4)
So.....Who you with?
More Than A Conquer
Scattered Ideas
Game Changer
If Only You Knew
Are You Paris?
Paris
Breaking Point
Sights
Falling
Live Your Truth
Double Team
Are You Awake
Here With You
Protected By Him
Go Back
Fatal Warnings (Part 1)
Go Hard Or Go Home
Whose Up
"Lord Keep Me Near The Cross"
Dessiah POV
Party Pooper
Set The Record Straight
Help!
I love you
Too Much Too Soon (Official Chapter)
Cherry Blossoms (Official Chapter)
His Quality Time (Official Chapter)
The Date Is Set(HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT)
To Tell him or not to tell is the question (Official Chapter Part 2)
problem
Fix It Jesus! (Official Chapter Part 2)
One Man, Several Problems (Official Chapter"
"I cant Believe I'm Here" (Official Chapter)
Did You
Paris Dreams (official Chapter part 2)
Until You Come Back to me Decision
Final Product
HONEY HERES AN UPDATE
DID YOU?
Official Chapter "Altered Plans"
Official Chapter "Unknown Messenger"
Worth More
Farther Along The Journey (Chapter)
Did you?
NOLA Baby (part1)
No Harm No Known Foul
Big Easy Ain't So Easy
The Big Payback
One Loss, One Unexpected Surprise(Chapter)
Be Careful What You Pray For
Everything Comes To The Light
FOR YOU
Do You Still Love Her?
In Search Of His Heart
Don't Let Me Down
Have You Seen Her
Visitors
Giving Up
Breaking, Broken, Risen
Give Me Whats Mine (Official Chapter) pt 1
"Past Demons Resurrected" Part 2
For My Love
Hanging On For Love (Official Chapter)
coming
Shots Fired (Official Chapter)
Twenty-Fucking-Nine
Epilogue(Official Chapter)
Get YOUR COPY
New Story coming

Get It Together (Late Night Dinners)

10.7K 561 159
By LourDarden

*Food Katasu*

Three weeks had passed and things in the office hadn't gotten any better. Dessiah had been working overtime, barely having time to go home and sleep. Japans custom of working overtime with no questions asked was being lived up to. Dessiah had even slept at her desk going over number and budgets for marketing. She found a way to use less of the allotted budget. Advertising had already begun and soon her time would be up.

Looking at the time she desperately needed to get home. Detrick had been a constant pain in the butt and she made every attempt to avoid him. Walking into his office she lightly knocked on the open door. The faint sounds of music played in his office. What sounded like Stevie Wonder?

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I'm leaving for the night."

"Bye." He said glancing up at her. She rolled her eyes turning to walk out the door.

"Great job." He said. Dessiah turned around at the sound of his voice.

"Excuse me?"

"Great-.. I mean good job on the advertising for the opening. It seems like people are really responding well to the ads."

"Well thanks." She said taken aback by his compliment.

"You really have risen to the occasion. Now the stores have to finish being stocked and we find something for that other location. You might be back home sooner than you anticipated." Dessiah thought she would be excited to leave early and she was but there was a very small part of her that was saddened at the thought of leaving Japan behind. "Well, I know that you want to be heading home so I'll see you tomorrow." Dessiah turned to walk out of the door and turned on her heels.

"Detrick, have you eaten dinner yet?" It was a leap but he rarely showed kindness so she felt maybe there was hope for him to not be an asshole for his entire life.

"No, I ordered some food not long ago. It should be on its way." He stood from his desk coming around to sit on its edge.

"Oh, okay ... well goodnight."

"You can join me if you want. I mean... if you haven't eaten... because there's/ going to be more than enough and you know I'm not big on leftovers. I mean if you have nothing else to do I wouldn't mind. It's up to you." Was he rambling? Why did he seem nervous?

"Okay." Dessiah interjected. Detrick stared silently not knowing what to say or do next. He hadn't expected her to accept his invitation.

"Well, I'll just be in my office until the food gets here." Dessiah walked out of the room and seemed anxious. She chalked it up to being hungry and tired. Sitting in her chair she looked over her desk and straightened files. Leaning back she sighed thinking of Delaney and missing her greatly. Soon she would be here and celebrating her 6th birthday. If only her father could see her now, then again he can but that's another issue.

Moments later her phone buzzed and Detrick came on her office phone.

"Dessiah the food has arrived."

"Okay. I'm coming." She stood and fixed her clothes. After going to wash her hands Dessiah made her way to his office. She didn't waste time knocking on his door since it was open. He laid the food out on his desk and gathered plates for them. He had a display of what he called Katsu Kare which was a brownish curry and rice with tonkatsu (deep fried pork cutlet). It looked as good as it smelled. There was a side plate of sushi but she decided against it. He dished out her food with a helping of steamed broccoli and handed her the plate then served himself.

"Dessiah silently prayed over her food and began eating in silence. From the first bite there was a burst of flavor and spice in her mouth that she enjoyed immensely. Detrick found him staring at her full lips taking in her fork and examined her features. So beautiful, covered in her smooth chocolate skin. Overall there was something rather familiar about her that he couldn't put his finger on since the day he met her. He hadn't even touched his food captured by her beauty. It wasn't just how she looked but something about her presence and the way the atmosphere changed when she walked into a room.

Dessiah looked up from her plate and he sheepishly looked away and began eating. Soon he couldn't take the silence between them yet found himself at a loss for words. Dessiah must have felt the same way because she was the first to speak.

"So... Where are you from?" She asked.

"Atlanta." He responded nonchalantly. Maybe she should try again.

"How long have you been here in Japan?"

"Over a year."

"Do you miss Atlanta?"

"No."

"Is your family in Atlanta?"

"Yes." He answered not looking up from his plate.

"Are you an only child?"

"No." It seemed his answers were not going to be longer than three words. It was like he didn't want to let anyone or anything in. Then why invite her to eat with him? Dessiah figured that was it, she gave up. Sitting in silence Detrick was in some way enjoying her interrogation. It was nice to have someone take interest in him but he didn't want to be too welcoming which only leads to hurt and disappointment. He would control how forthcoming he would be with personal information.

"I have a baby sister she's 20 years old."

"Twenty definitely doesn't sound like a baby Detrick." She smirked.

"It is when I'm your brother. She could be 87, I'm still older than her therefore she's the baby." He said in a possessive tone. Dessiah pitied girl who had him for a brother and envied her the same time. Maybe if she experienced that from a brother or any man she would know what it is to feel safe and protected.

"Are you guys close?"

"Yea, I mean as close as we can be. She spent a lot of time in boarding school so when she comes home we have to get to know each other all over again. Learn each other because she's grown so fast."

"So did you also attend boarding school?"

"No, I stayed with my parents to be groomed."

"Groomed for what exactly?"

"What I'm doing now. Only my father never expected me to be ten times better than he was at his own game." There was a glint of pride unlined with hurt in his voice. There seemed to be so much more to Detrick then he let off.

"What about you Dessiah? Any siblings?

"No, I'm an only child." Dessiah hated that she never had anyone to share secrets with or bond and even fight with like many of her childhood friends.

"What about your parents, are they in Atlanta too?" Detrick asked.

"No, were from New Orleans."

"Oh wow my grandmother is from new Orleans. Actually my whole family is from NOLA we moved to ATL when I was little. When was the last time you've been?"

"A while." Dessiah looked down at her fingers.

"Did you visit your parents?"

"They sent me to live with my grandmother when I was little. I didn't hear from them much after that then years later they died."

"Oh, I'm sorry Dessiah I didn't mean to..."

"It's cool." Dessiah made sure her gaze was anywhere but on him.

"Well how did you grandmother feel about you coming to Japan?"

"I'm sure she would have been happy."

"Would have?" He questioned.

"She's dead."

"Damn! I didn't mean to... I mean I'm sor-.." The song playing changed to Method Man and Mary J Blige Your all I need and immediately Dessiahs mood changed. She jumped up from her chair and went to raise the volume on the internet radio.

"That's my song." She changed the subject and Detrick kicked himself for prying. She started singing the chorus.

"You like this song?" Detrick asked a bit in shock. He would have pegged her as a hip hop fan. Especially not to his favorite song since he was 10 year old and the song first came out in '95.

"Of course this is the jam." Dessiah forgot about being professional and began to dance in his office. From swaying and bopping her head. Detrick soon couldn't resist and began rapping Method Mans verse. He and Dessiah acted as if they were in a music video singing to each other. Her voice was effortless when she sand "You're all I need to get by."

The song changed to Ice Cube "It was a good day" and now the Lyricist in Dessiah came forth and she didn't miss a beat. Detrick laughed at the movement of her hands motion which matched her flow. In unison they repeated

" Shake em' up, Shake em' up, Shake em' up, Shake em'. Roll em' in a circle of homies and watch me break em' wit a seven, seven-eleven,seven-eleven, seven even back doe Lil Joe." They shared a laugh until he did a spin and ended up bringing his chest to hers. Although laughter ensued it was silenced by their intense breathing. Detrick looked in Dessiah's brown eyes and felt as if something were being awakened deep inside of him. That was more than he could handle or allow so he did what he did best, pulled away.

Walking to the radio he turned off the music and suddenly the mood went from fun and free spirited to tense and awkward. Dessiah stood asking herself what just happened.

"I think we should call it a night. It's getting late anyway and I'm sure you want to get home and rest." Detrick sat behind his desk fumbling through papers to divert his attention." I'm sorry I asked for you to stay." Dessiah looked at him completely insulted. Was he really sorry? Was she that bad of company to have? Weren't they just having fun a minute ago? Dessiah couldn't wrap her head around all that was Detrick Simmons. One minute he's kind and fun the next he shut off like a light switch and becomes cold and introverted. He was worse than a woman on her period and she didn't have time for it. Her hopes were for nothing but kindness from him, consistent kindness not sporadic like he had been.

"Yea, I guess I should be getting home." Placing her food in the garbage she walked out closing the door behind her. Without even a goodbye. Detrick stared at the closed door and felt a pull in his gut the moment it shut. What was this feeling? Why did he always feel it when she would leave him? He tried to gain control over whatever he might be feeling, because feelings are dangerous and are likely to have him with the short end of the stick. Military face and stone heart would do him good he declared. Detrick sighed closing his eyes, inhaling the remnants of her perfume. Opening his eyes he frowned at the smirk he just wore indulging in the sweet fragrance she wore. "Get it together man. Damn!" At this rate it's only a matter of time before he was a goner and succumbed to the inevitable.

///////////////////////////

HIIIIII HONEYBEES WHAT DID U THINK? IS SHE BREAKING HIM DOWN? VOTE COMMENT AND LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/LOURDARDEN25

LOUR LOVES U

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577K 13.1K 32
When Rebecca moves back to her hometown for a friend's wedding, unfortunate circumstances put her near her ex-boyfriend, who left her completely brok...
666 33 32
In this heart thrilling novel, Aaliyah Woods finds herself fighting against all odds to make it back home. In this fight, she manages to find Kolson...
3K 412 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
243K 12K 44
Not everyone is born strong, Some are soft like the cotton candy clouds, like the first rays before dawn. Some are unaware of the dark thoughts and...