Guilty | ✓

Autorstwa theolympianarchive

After being the incriminated by a crime she didn't commit, Genevieve finds herself tangled in a web of liars... Więcej

Guilty
Aesthetics
I | Guilty
III | Guilty
IV | Gulity
V | Guilty
VI | Guilty
VII | Guilty
VIII | Guilty
IX | Guilty
X | Guilty
XI | Guilty
XII | Guilty
00 | Guilty
XIII | Guilty
XIV | Guilty
XV | Guilty
XVI | Guilty
XVII | Guilty
XVIII | Guilty
XIX | Guilty
XX | Guilty
XXI | Guilty
XXII | Guilty
XXIII | Guilty
XXIV | Guilty
XXV | Guilty
XXVI | Guilty
XXVII | Guilty
XXVIII | Guilty
XXIX | Guilty
XX | Guilty
XXXI | Guilty
XXXII | Guilty
XXXIII | Guilty
XXXIV | Guilty
Acknowledgements

II | Guilty

609 26 56
Autorstwa theolympianarchive

CHAPTER TWO | FOOL CARD

______

AS THE SUN AROSE from the distance, speckles of light shone through the white curtains, illuminated the dark room.

The white sheets from the king-sized bed were twisted and bundled, pillows were scattered throughout the bed and floor, and in the middle, sleeping peacefully, was Genevieve.

Her brown locks were dispersed and tangled around her head. Tiny drops of her mouth's saliva melted on the designer sheets.

The chiming of a doorbell echoed throughout the open-complex penthouse, Genevieve's eyes flew open, a loud yelp escaped her chapped lips. Her body came crashing down against the cold marble flooring.

Scrambling up, Genevieve ran out of the room, her still very asleep legs carrying her at a messy speed.

Reaching the house entrance, she stretched her right hand to grab onto the metal handle bar of the contemporary door, her left hand rubbing the side of her face to wake her up.

In her doorstep stood, the devil himself, who unfortunately was dressed hotter than hell itself.

A deep groan was released from her mouth, whilst Elias was watching at her, amusement dancing in his features, digging his fist in between his teeth, he stifled a loud chuckle.

Genevieve glared at him, for it was too early in the morning to deal with him.

"What do you want Eric?" Genevieve asked, most obviously annoyed. Nobody wants to be disturbed in the morning.

"It's Elias," he scowled, stepping inside, closing the door behind him, and making his way towards a hallway which led to the kitchen.

The cabinets were a smooth pale grey, overlapping the white granite countertop that was shaped as an intricate 'L'. In the center stood an island, the counter being held by dark-colored rocks.

Opening the refrigerator's door, taking out various foods, Genevieve began pigging in, "Same thing. Now I need to ask, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be giving out speed tickets or something?"

"I'm an FBI agent, and that's specifically why I came here, to take you to work." Elias responded in a husky tone.

Genevieve nodded her head, her left hand stabbing the left-over salad, that unfortunately did not look appealing anymore. "So, where are we going then?"

Elias walked towards her, each step in perfect speed.

He gave her a once over and raised an eyebrow towards her, silently giving her a look.

Confused, Genevieve looked down on her body, a look of realization dawned on her.

At most she looked ridiculous, her lavender shirt was wrinkled and stained, the booty shorts she used were also dirty, her face was streaked from mascara and eyeshadow in which she was too lazy to take off the night before.

Genevieve sheepishly nodded and ran out of the room, tumbling into a wall in her way towards her closet.

Elias stood snickering to himself, she looked like a dead bride, something that wasn't the most attractive.

Looking around, his eyes landed on the pile of leftovers on the island. Elias then understood that the big criminal that stood in front of him a few seconds before, could most certainly not cook.

Which was absolutely true.

The very few people who personally knew Genevieve called her a sun. Yes, she was sweet, kind and an absolute ray of pure sunshine. But she burns everything, Genevieve could be simply boiling water and she would burn that too.

The sound of clicking footsteps reverberating against the marble floors echoed through the hollow halls, alerting Elias.

"I'm ready," Genevieve's voice rang, making the brunette boy turn around and gawk at her.

She styled herself in a black turtleneck mid-thigh length dress, with slightly see-through black stockings, on top a charcoal colored oversized blazer, and black combat boots.

Her hair being pulled back into a sleek low ponytail, and around her neck stood a diamond pendant. Something that Elias couldn't help but be suspicious about.

The sound of a clear throat sounded in Elias' ears, his head snapping back to her face, where she wore a smirk, knowing that the big bad cop was, indeed, checking her out. Her goal. Not that she would admit it.

"Let's go, the cars outside," choked out Elias, a tint of pink littered his ears, embarrassed for being caught eye-raping a woman.

Something his mother always told him, 'never disrespect a woman, and always treat her like a queen'. He could feel his conscious taking over and blaming him for faulting his mothers' words.

Genevieve nodded, waving her hands towards him, "Come, you most likely do not know where the front door is. I'll give you a tour later if you like?"

"Sure. I'd like that," Elias smiled, almost making her completely swoon in front of him.

The brunette grinned, she's always wondered how it was to work as an agent, all she's ever known was the dark side of the story, Genevieve was the one who the police chased down, not the other way around.

This is going to be fun.

Oh, how wrong she was. Incredibly wrong.

- - - - - -

Genevieve internally groaned. For this has to be the most boring thing she's ever experienced in her twenty-two years of living.

They had placed her in the corner of the archive room, and sat in a, by the way, very uncomfortable chair. Her hands tied in front of her with a thick rope, Elias taking the hint that handcuffs didn't particularly tie her down. Watching them as they stood huddled around the table creating a "genius" plan to take down the murderer and retrieve the stolen necklace.

Tired of being useless she stood up, catching the attention of Elias and the other three people in front of her.

She wasn't impressed by the team in hand, they all looked new and disorganized. At the end of the table stood a chubby woman, her blonde hair was styled in a buzz cut, the woman's rotund face contorted in displeasure in a permanent scowl. Next to her, stood a young boy, nineteen maybe, his body was slim and lanky, resembling a limp noodle. His bleached hair was styled in a rat tail mullet, various piercings littered his nose and eyebrows, the most disturbing was the seductive attempt he had on. Biting his chapped lip, making him look like a crusty fish.

Then stood glaring at her, Detective Smith. He was a stocky man, with a wrinkled face, ugly mustache, and a big bald spot on the crown of his head, probably nonexistent to him. A lasting sour face with mucky yellow aged teeth.

Genevieve shifted her sight towards Elias, who wore an expectant expression, until his eyes landed on the loose rope that she held in her left hand. Elias looked at her with a confused yet surprised glint in his eyes.

She raised the rope, "Trucker's hitch?"

"Yes?" Elias responded questionably, muddled by her question.

Genevieve scrunched her eyebrows and tossed the clean rope across the room landing on a few folders, "Terrible. I've seen Girl Scouts do better, Emmett."

A laugh rang in the room, coming from the platinum haired boy that was clutching his stomach, howls of laughter escaping his throat whilst Smith rolled his eyes, the chubby woman smacked the nineteen year-old across the back of the head.

"Shit! What was that for Susie?!" The blonde shrieked, now rubbing the back of his head, his thin long fingers getting tangled in his dyed locks.

Susie shot him a sickly sweet smile, and looked back at Genevieve nodding in approval.

When the tension died down, Genevieve clapped her hands together looking around, her eyes landed on the secretary outside the archive room.

Walking towards her, the dark haired woman looked up to see Genevieve and began cowering in fear.

Genevieve smiled at her, "Do you by any chance own Oracle cards? Traditional playing cards?"

The woman nodded, opening a drawer and handing them to her, hiding her face from the twenty-two year old's view, "I only have traditional?"

The brunette gave her a small smile, "It's fine."

Arriving back in the room she stood in front of the four officers who observed and watched each action silently, Elias, especially, was very curious for what the young woman had in mind.

Genevieve opened the cardboard box, dumping the deck of cards and mixing them in her hands. Finished, she spread them out the card's tops facing the cops while the backs faced her.

"Pick a card."

Not questioning, they each chose a card and memorized it, vaguely knowing what she was doing.

Each of them placed the card upside down on the table, the card's definition hidden from the world.

The brunette made her way towards each of them individually, her mind gears working on guessing the possible correct car.

"Three red hearts," Genevieve guessed, raising an eyebrow towards Susie.

"Yes," Susie answered, appalled by her now known skill.

Moving towards her right she stood in front of the awfully young boy, glancing down and she looked at his uniform, imprinted on it in embroidery as 'Bob'.

No wonder he looked weird. Who in their right mind would name their own child Bob?

"Bob, your card is two black hearts," Genevieve smiled politely, to which he responded with an enthusiastic nod.

Next, she stood in front of Smith scowling at her, whereas Genevieve also responded by scowling at him too, "Let me guess. You chose king, Smyrtle?"

"It's Smith and yes I did choose king, just like I am," he seethed a serious town in his scruffy voice.

She snorted, "What a cruel irony."

Before he could respond with a snarky comment, Genevieve already made her way towards Elias who gave her a crooked smile.

Looking at him skeptically, "You chose six clover."

He looked at the brunette in surprise, Genevieve did not seem like a criminal herself, much less magic type of person

In one swift motion, Genevieve ran her hands over the cards, turning them over in domino effect, on the other end shocking them.

The 'fool' card appeared in front of them, shocked looks covering their faces as Genevieve smiled sweetly, grabbing a knife from a near plate and stabbing it on the blueprint upright.

Gasps spreading through the room.

"You are all fucking fools!" She yelled, throwing her hands in the air desperation taking over her body.

"You are all stupid, your genius plan isn't going to save the necklace and find the murderer, in fact the most you'll get out of it is getting yourself killed!"

"What's so important about the necklace, it only has a few diamonds in it," Susie sassed, annoyed about all the stress to put in it.

Genevieve laughed bitterly, "That necklace isn't just any other piece of jewelry! The Leviev pendant is a 77.12 karat yellow diamond that is worth more than ten million dollars!"

Everyone looked at each other, their faces laced with concern.

Elias looked at her confused, "Then what's the problem? We'll go undercover, the black market won't recognize us."

"Criminals aren't stupid, you can't just go undercover," she explained, "if they don't know about you then your an imposter. You can't just make up a fake identity, it's not Fast and Furious! You're not Paul Walker or Vin Diesel! This is reality!"

"When you're the Fool card, you're a clean slate. Nobody knows what you're going to do. You can either go the correct path and win or the incorrect one and fail."

Before Genevieve could say something else Susie stood up smiling, "Then how do we do this?"

Genevieve placed her hands on the table leaning forward, her eyes trained on each and every one of them.

"You can't go with me, I'm a loner, I work alone," she analyzed, "if you enter with me, the guards would most likely know your frauds."

Skeptically, Elias crossed his arms in front of his chest, raising an eyebrow towards the brunette, "How'll we enter then, you're our only easy pass to get in?"

Something clicked, a wide smile spread across Genevieve's face, snapping her fingers, she started fishing for her phone out of her pocket and dialing a number, pressing it to her ear.

Elias looked at her curiously, wondering who the hell she was calling.

A small ring stopped and a 'hello' was heard on the other end, Genevieve beamed.

"Jonas? Remember the favor you owed after the Berlin heist, a few months back? Well I need you to help me, meet me at Big Ben, London tomorrow at 1."

Genevieve slid her phone in her pocket, rubbing her hands together smirking.

"What'd you do?" Bob questioned, an interested look painted in his expression.

Smiling, she began hopping, "A free ticket for the black market!"

A genuine smile expanded on Elias' face, an over excited Genevieve jumping on him, her arms encircling his waist, cheering.

Susie and Bob, clapping and hooting in elation, Smith stood in the corner a confused look slapped his face.

His cleared throat interrupted the mini party going on, that's when Elias and Genevieve looked at each other seriously, then realizing the compromising position they were holding.

Slowly he let her down, both of them blushing deep crimson.

"So this is really happening, she's helping us?" Smith asked with annoyance clear in his voice.

When he noticed them nodding enthusiastically, a groan escaped his lips.

Genevieve and Elias locked eyes for a second, the tingles that covered their bodies minutes before still existing in their gazes.

______

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

153 0 13
Genevieve struggles between the hardships of life and the struggles of trying to be a new writer in a family of 6 kids and hard-working parents. But...
7K 724 28
Genevieve Hanover had no idea that there was more to her husband's mysteriousness and discretion. In fact, it is a lot more that she could have possi...
5.1K 599 49
When a devious young woman cons two men into pulling off an easy heist, she's forced to run for her life when her plan goes sideways. To complicate m...
20 0 12
Victoria, a small-town girl seeking a fresh start in the big city, finds herself entangled in a web of intrigue and danger. As she navigates the cutt...