Anathema [Drarry Fanfiction]...

By jaden_without_a_y

After a fight between Draco and Harry, Dumbledore had finally had enough of their little 'rival' and let thei... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
NOT AN UPDATE
Bonus chapter
A/N
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15 part 2
More exams...
Guess who's back!!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Holiday chapter
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Another A/N
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31, part 1
Chapter 31, part 2
before I ruin your life and the lives of everyone in Hogwarts
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
36.4 K reads and an apology
Chapter 42 part 2
Chapter 42 part 3
Chapter 42 part 4
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
on hold

Chapter 33

654 25 9
By jaden_without_a_y

The original story idea: Oh yeah - I'm keeping it short and sweet; I think I'll only have thirty chapters or something!

The story now: Can we please just make it through ONE CHAPTER where you don't change the idea because you started taking pity on the characters?

• • • • • • • • • •

Draco paced impatiently around the empty office, searching for any sign of vile 365.

"This is bloody useless" He muttered to himself while searching between the many shelves of magical junk placed on top of them. "I'm never going to find anything in th-"

He cut himself off once he realized that Fawkes had made it back inside the office; staring at Draco with curious eyes.

"I swear to Merlin, if you make one peep I'm going to feed you to the dragons" Draco warned; knowing full well that he wasn't going to get a dragon anywhere close by - or feed Fawkes to it.

Dumbledore would probably feed Draco to said dragons if he found out draco was responsible for Fawkes's disappearance.

Fawkes gave a happy shrill in response and settled himself closer to the Slytherin.

"Look you big dumb bird" Draco groaned and moved on to the next shelf. "I'm just looking for a vile, okay?"

Fawkes cocked his head to the side and let out another beautiful shrill before flying over the blonde's head and towards a large red drape that covered the wall.

"What is it?" Draco frowned and walked over to Fawkes. "I don't have time for your stupid games right now; if you want the window open so badly-" The Slytherin cut himself off once he pulled aside the drape.

A small room covered in shelves and glowing blue viles came into view, making Draco look back at the phoenix in awe.

"Guess you aren't as stupid as I thought" he muttered and entered the room, glancing around at the number plates carved onto the glass survace.

... 359

... 360

... 361

... 362

... 363

... 364

365.

Draco quickly grabbed the vile and spun around, eager to get out of the office before Vivian or Dumbledore could enter.

On his way out he glanced at the row of viles stacked near the entrance of the room; the first one catching his attention with the label " P.W. 1981 "

Draco arched a brow and hesitantly reached for the bright container.

On his way out of the room, he placed the vile 365 on Dumbledore's desk and walked over to the large cauldron on the other side of the room - completely lost in thought once he read the small carvings on the cork.

" 31 October 1981 "

Something was far too familiar to Draco about that date; but he couldn't remember what significance it had to him.

As he uncorked the vile and started pouring it into the cauldron, Draco felt nervous about what he was planning to do - especially with the fact that anyone could walk in at any given time.

"Oh screw it" He muttered to himself.

~ 31 October 1981 ~

Draco looked quietly at his surroundings while the witches and wizards passed by him - more like through him, really.

"Come on Isabel" a male's voice called. He looked a lot like Quinton, just more matured — the same strong yaw and fluffy brown hair. The same delicate looking skin and piercing blue eyes.

"Relax Sam, we've still got some time" The woman - Isabel - sighed. She had the same brown hair as Sam, but instead her eyes were moss green and she had a beauty mark on the left corner of her mouth; just like Opal. "And besides, we need to stop by the Potters' on our way home - I thought that I might give them their baby shower gift since we couldn't make it..."

The man smiled before shaking his head in a playful manner. "Alright then, let's go. But afterwards we have to get home - Merlin alone knows what those kids might be up to."

"They've got the Parkinsons, I'm sure they're fine" Isabel chuckled.

The scene shifted from the warm and cozy pub, to the bitter cold air on a dark path that led up to a small house on the corner of the street know as "The De Vere house".

Draco hesitantly followed the young couple up the road, looking around as the memory changed again.

This time Draco was standing in the middle of a nursery - a man and woman cradling a sleeping boy in their arms.

The woman was undeniably beautiful; her eyes were the same colour as Harry's - a beautiful shade of jade whilst mixed into a forest of green. Her long red hair hung over her shoulders while she looked up at her husband. He had the same dorky glasses as Harry and his hair was just as dark; exept it looked like the man had really put in the effort to pick up a brush.

"- James, could you get that?" The woman asked once the sound of knocking echoed through the small house.

Draco thought over the name and looked at the baby one more time before it clicked - how did I not realise this sooner?

He watched as James hurried out the room, leaving Lily alone with baby Harry - the famous scar on his forehead absent.

"... Peter, what are you-"

Draco stumbled backwards as he was pulled out of the memory; violently coughing as he was pushed onto the floor.

"Merlin, Draco!" Harry yelled angrily. "What are you doing!?"

Draco looked at Harry for a moment before frowning. "You twit, I was just about to find out what the hell happened on-"

Harry quickly placed a hand on the blonde's mouth as the sound of footsteps came rushing into the room.

Harry glanced at Draco for a moment before pulling his hand away and peeking out from behind the cauldron.

"Where the hell- Oh" Vivian gasped to herself once she spotted the vile lying on the stack of papers on the desk. "Well that was easy."

Harry and Draco watched quietly as Vivian picked up the vile and made her way back out of the office.

"Let me rephrase that - what the hell are you doing, and why did Vivian just take that vile...?" Harry asked while standing up, extending his hand to Draco.

"I overheard Theodore and Vivian talking last night about that vile" Draco stated while letting the Gryffindor pull him up. "I figured that it wasn't a good idea to let them get it- but then I found this." He said while handing the empty vile to Harry.

Harry inspected it curiously and traced his fingers over the initials.

"Who's P.W ?"

"That's the thing, Harry" Draco sighed. "It stands for Potter and Wither. The contents of that vile holds the last memories of your parents before they died..."

"And it might be the answer to what really happened to the Withers' that night."

(A/N *zoom imaginary camera in on Harry*

*dramatic sound effect*

*image suddenly blacks out*

Aaaand roll the credits!)
(A/N *sobs* I swear I'm normal...)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 559 7
'Harry's thoughts were of how much he would have done differently with Malfoy over the years, and of Dumbledore's final words to the other boy...
92 2 4
Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy had always been competitive. Even as they returned back to Hogwarts after the war, that fact still remains the same. A...
2.3K 80 10
Drarry-some smut-mostly fluff-some angst Don't hate, if you don't like this stuff please leave No friend bashing Pansmione Blairon First story in 2 y...
135K 2.7K 13
The dark had won the war thanks to Draco who killed Dumbledore and who brought Harry to the Dark Lord. He was put as the right-hand man of Voldemort...