Forever Us

By PagetBrewsterWife

This is a hotchniss story about the love of Emily Prentiss and Aaron Hotchner. They go through challenges wit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 29

500 15 2
By PagetBrewsterWife

TW WARNING:
Mention of suicide
Little bit or drugs
And abuse

Emily Prentiss POV

I am playing with Charlotte when I hear the door handle jiggle. I get up and try and think of a way to take down the person trying to get in. It is always natural instinct to think like that when you see the the things I see. The door opens and I watch as the body walks through the door, I let out a sigh of relief as I see it is Aaron. I then draw a confused look on my face.

He said he had a case. What is he doing home?

"Aaron what are you doing home?" He placed his bags on the ground and walks over to me placing a kiss on my lips. "What was that for?"

"I missed you that's all."

"Ok, what did you do?" He walks into the living room and starts to play with our daughter.

"I didn't do anything. I can't just kiss my beautiful fiancé and not say anything?" I give him the 'tell me now' look. "Ok fine, don't get mad."

"When you say that I get mad, now what did you do?"

"Iinvitedyourmotheroverfordinner." He mumbles quietly.

"What did you say?"

"I invited your mother for dinner." My heart drops, I am just about to say something but he beats me to it. "She came to the office and asked for you, we got to talking and I accidentally tell her about Charlotte. I am so sorry."

"You have to tell her to cancel."

"Why?"

"Because you just have to."

"Tell me know Emily, what is going on? You promised you would tell me when it got bad again." I walk over to the couch and sit down. I can't do this not right now, I told myself to give it a week then you can make an excuse. "Emily!?"

"The nightmares...they are just so bad. They take away my sleep and sleep is the only thing that helps me escape the bad things we see, and the fact that I feel like everyday I am getting nowhere. But when the nightmares take over I feel lost and defeated I know he is gone but Doyle is taking over my life again." He looks at me and holds both my hands. After a minute he cups my face and kisses me, the kiss is soft and loving like he is reassuring me that I am safe.

"I love you and that man is dead. He won't hurt you anymore. Just get through tonight with your mother and we can talk more I just have to tell you that no storm, not even the one in your life, can last forever. The storm is just passing by, you just have to wait longer." I look down at my hands and pick at my nails making sure he doesn't see the tears trying to escape my eyes. "You keep a lot to yourself because it's difficult to find people to understand, but let me tell you, everyone you know understands what you are going through trust me on that. When do you start to feel like this? What makes you feel so emotionally exhausted?"

I look up at him and notice a look in his eyes, the look is different, it makes me feel safe, "I start to feel like this when my mind runs and brings me back to the moments with Doyle, when a case goes bad. When I feel like this all of a sudden I feel tired and distant. Like the world had drained me for everything that I had."

"When you feel like this tell me, can you promise me that?" He lifts my chin up forcing me to look at him.

"I promise and I mean it this time."

Aaron Hotchner POV

What Emily had said broke me, it really did I never knew she was feeling like this. I get up and notice it is almost lunchtime.

"Are you hungry?" I say looking through the fridge.

"No I am fine."

I noticed earlier when I walked in there was only one plate on the counter and it was a kid's plate. So I open the dishwasher and see that it was clean, did she eat, or lie to me? I shrugged it off and made lunch.

Skip To Dinner Time

Emily starts to pace when it gets closer to 6:30 she told me to dress nice and to wear my best formal clothes, she even told me to shave. I know Emily likes my beard but she wanted to make a good impression so I shaved. It was getting a little too long. I am in the kitchen finishing up some touches on dinner and Emily is getting Charlotte dressed when I hear a knock on the door. I see Emily come out of  the bedroom and look at me.

"I am not done getting ready can you get it?"

"Of course you finish getting ready."

I walk over to the door and place my hand on the door knob and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I finally opened the door.

"Ambassador Prentiss! Good to see you again."

"Please call me Elizabeth." I welcome her inside and offer her a glass of wine. "Where is Emily?"

"Changing Charlotte. She should be done let me see what is keeping her." I walk into our bedroom, I see Charlotte in her play pen, "Hey Em, your mother is asking where-" I see her on the bathroom floor sitting against the wall crying. "What the hell happened!"

"I can't do this, I can't face her...she made my life a living hell when I was younger."

"Yes you can, it is just for tonight and after you can no longer see her again. Stand up to that women and do what is right." She looks up at me and nods, "If you don't mind me asking, what did she do?"

"We are having dinner with my mother, the shit she has done is bound to come up at some point." She stands up and puts her makeup on, we walk out together, her holding Charlotte and me holding her hand, letting her understand everything is going to be ok. "Mother."

Her mother stands up and walks over to us, "Emilia."

Emily Prentiss POV

"Emilia...and this must be the lovely Charlotte." She always called me Emilia and as soon as she said that, it sends shivers down my spine. My mother reaches out to touch her arm and Charlotte buries her head into my chest.

We sit down at the dinner table and Aaron grabs the food, I put a couple things on my plate and I start to feed Charlotte. "So what brings you here?"

"Well when I hear that my daughter had died then risen from her grave I had to talk to you."

I scoff, "so you aren't here for work?"

"No why would I do that to my daughter. I just want to talk to you." I see Aaron reach out for my hand but I quickly take my hand away.

I slam my hand on the table, "talk? TALK!? You never want to talk, it always about work and yourself never about me."

"Emilia, you can't to me like that, I am your mother."

I stand up from my seat, "oh really, I am a grown ass women you can't throw me around like some ragdoll anymore. You made my life a living hell. I moved around to much and you thought that was what I wanted you never talked to me about what I WANTED! You are not my mother, a mother doesn't abuse their child whenever their work was hard for them!"

"I gave you what you wanted, I never made your life a living hell you did, you went to parties and got drunk every weekend. Yes I disciplined you time from time because you were a bad child who never listened, clearly I didn't hit you enough. And don't talk to me about not talking to you when you should be the one talking to me about your abortion you had in Italy, that is why I hit you from keeping you from that happening." My eyes go wide and I feel like I am going to throw up, I look over to Aaron and see that he is wondering what she is talking about. "Oh your own fiancé doesn't even know about you little doctor's visit in Italy. Go ahead tell him about it."

"I-I...I had an abortion because I wasn't ready to have a kid, it isn't that deep stop trying to make me the monster. I did drugs and drank so I could escape the hell hole I was living in they helped me escape the real world." My tears were trying to escape my eyes but I didn't let them.

"Well I clearly shouldn't have had you because you made my life miserable. I can't believe I came here to try and talk to you." I watch as she gets up and goes over to me, "I thought you would appreciate getting everything you wanted, but you also used money on drugs. YOU ARE A DISAPPOINTMENT!" My heart drops and aches after she says that last word.

I look over to Aaron and signal for him to take Charlotte out of the room, he stands up and picks her up.

"So you are going to take my granddaughter away from me now, why is that? You aren't that good of a mother, you left your child for 5 months just so you could protect yourself. You are SELFISH and only care about yourself, is that why you attempted to kill yourself?" I hear the room go silent I turn and see that Aaron has turned around and look at me.

"You said you would never mention that ever again. Besides you never cared about me when that happened I was found by one of the maids you never even put me into therapy...I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU SO MUCH!!"

My tears had finally broke loose. She doesn't say anything, all she does is look at me with hate. She gets closer to me, my mother brings her hand up and it comes down fast against the side of my face.

"YOU ARE A DISAPPOINTMENT TO ME AND EVERYONE IN YOUR LIFE I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN! I NEVER LOVED YOU!" She walks out and Aaron moves closer to me, I hold my hand up for him to stop. I run to the bathroom and fall to the floor.

Aaron Hotchner POV

I can't believe she went through all that, she never should have deserved that life. I am afraid she is slipping into that deep hole again and with her mother's visit it probably pushed her deeper into it. I finished giving Charlotte her dinner and gave her a bath. I wanted to give Emily space and I needed time to process what had happened. I put our daughter down and walk into our bedroom. It began to rain hard, I knock on the door of the bathroom and there is no answer.

"Emily can you please open the door, if you want to talk that is fine but if not then please let me just hold you, you need someone to be there for you." I hear shuffling from behind the door and it opens, her eyes are all red and puffy, she then falls into my arms crying. "Shhh it's ok I am right here, it is just you and me right now, you and me." After awhile of holding her and sitting on the bathroom floor I think of an idea to make her happy. "Follow me."

"Aaron what are you doing?" I take her arm and she follows me to the front door.

Emily Prentiss POV

He takes me to the front door and opens it, I notice it is raining and he pulls me outside. I feel the rain hit my body immediately calming me down. Aaron held his hand out.

"Dance with me." I place my hand in his and he pulls me onto his body slowly swaying are bodies. "I love you, never forget that. Don't listen to anything your mother says." He kisses me, "I," kiss "love," kiss "you," he pulls me into a longer kiss

In that moment I felt safer and happier, with him I felt like a daffodil, blissfully swaying in the summers breeze. This is one of many reasons I fell in love with him.

"I love you too Aaron Hotchner," we slow dance in the rain and it is just Forever Us, forever and always.

————————————————————————
I hope you guys like this chapter make sure to vote and I hope you guys have a nice day
Make sure to stay safe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 2.4K 44
[TRIGGER WARNING: this book deals with eating disorders. Do not read if this could trigger you!] Emily and Aaron Hotchner have been married for nearl...
29.4K 541 21
You've been working for the BAU for couple years and was sent undercover on a dangerous mission. As you came back, you saw someone new in the team. ...
29.2K 666 20
A young Aaron and Emily start to see each other in secret to hide from Emily's mom. But, right when Emily is about to see him for the last time befor...
50.8K 1.3K 24
Two years after leaving the BAU in order to work at Interpol, Emily Prentiss returns to Quantico. She soon learns that time doesn't exactly heal all...