Howling with the Prince (Book...

By atedoreenz

Howling with the Prince, Love Cole is Book 3of The Vampire Waltz Collection The Queen of Roses has returned... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 41

37 3 0
By atedoreenz

Deep and shocking sounds of thunders roared upon the heavens. As Maria grew wary and nervous about Damian's arrival. She could count and hear his steps towards her door. Her eyes fluttered in a daze with tears slipping out.

Not long ago, she bid her last farewell to her newborn son.

"Just one more kiss and I love you's. I love you Talvir, please know that... " she wept as she embraced her son tenderly and had Czarina take away the child. She pinned one of Cole's moon stone earring and emerald ring at his clothes. Safely hidden from sight but had offer some enchantment of protection. There had been news of Damian getting closer at the borderline.

The king wanted an heir though she knew, Talvir wouldn't be the heir Damian wanted. Rieka, the seer had told her what this day would come. The visions weren't completely seen by the gifted wolf. Only sights of Maria chained and locked away as the baby was taken away safely. Today was also their wedding anniversary and as soon Damian enters the palace. The barrier would fell down and Czarina will pass by with the child safely. Lilith couldn't open her portals so was Basile at Damian's domain. She had no guaranteed future at her door.

She had her hair untied but brushed and curled neatly behind her back and framing her face. Dressed in a white light dress with a few designs over.

Unable to stand or walk by herself for days as she was still terribly weak after the birth. She had to stay put at bed and gets up assisted if needed. Talvir may have been not an hybrid as Damian's curse to the Anderson's were only at females. Still the child was a child of an Alpha, the babe needed a lot of nutrients and care for it to be healthy and strong. Now she had welcomed death at her doorstep again.

"Congratulations My Queen! " Damian boosted as Maria observed his actions and behaviour. He wasn't in a good mood and was tired and cranky from his journey. He was dressed in a long black coat with his usual suit of black but had a pair of boots at his feet.

"Thank you, My King." She bowed her head.

"Where is the baby? " he asked, looking around the room.

"He is resting, why don't you tell me at your travels? " she offered a small smile yet was full of disgust. His clothes were a bit disheveled and a bit dusty.

"My travels... " he grinned and hummed as he approached her at bed, taking both of her hands as he buried her with his weight. Inhaling her sweet scent of mangoes and peaches due to her perfume mixing by.

"I'm quite famished, can I have some? " he asked as he stared at her eyes in surprise.

"Not that I can object. "

"It would seem so, you can't. " his lips smiled widely as he chuckled and purred at her chest. Removing the strings that held her front dress like a child opening his present. It was meant for the baby so that it'll be easier to undress when feeding.

The bite wasn't affectionate, it didn't hurt as much as she thought so. Still bites hurt a lot,  you're practically bleeding.

"Now it is your turn. " he whispered at her ear and unbuttoned his collar after removing his tie. Sitting in bed, as she drank his blood, Damian's hands roamed around her back and hips. Not wanting to stay around with him so long, she drank hastily and thanked him for the meal. As normally, he would leave her be yet he didn't.

"My travels were fine, I just took a small visit at China. Tonight would be our third anniversary together as husband and wife, yet it would be our first time together. " he spoke calmly while playing with her loose long curly hair.

"Indeed. " she nodded and looked away from him as she sat beside him. Keeping an eye at his other hand as it took a small vial from his pocket.

"I wish to celebrate it with our Avery alongside your beloved's child. I will name him as my heir. "

She froze in shock and in a daze. Her breathing seem to stopped as her voice stuttered. Unable to say anything right or completely,  her lips quivered and her eyes opened wide.

"Th-da.. The c-cure?"

"Yes, I wish to make it right with you. I want to fulfill my promise for Avery. This is my gift for you." he smiled and kissed her temple as Maria didn't knee how to react towards Damian. Tears ran down from her cheek as she cried.

"Thank you.. Thank you! " she wept and covered her face as Damian patted her back. Cooing her to calm down with a smile.

"You're welcome... But I also want my part of happiness today. " he whispered at her ear as he hovered on top of her. The room went dark as all she could see was red.

She woke up left alone in bed with teared clothes and love bites at her flesh. Feeling so dirty yet pleased from Damian's touch. The vial was still at her hand, as she looked at it. She could see her little Avery smiling and laughing along with her brother... But this wasn't a part of the plan. This was unexpected. If she wanted someone to trust, she needed to play a game of risk. Rieka said it was a woman, not a man who will betray her. She couldn't even bring herself to trust her servants anymore.

Wrapping herself with the sheets she summoned a name.

"Basile... "

There a man sat by at a chair near her bedroom's room.

"You're quite prepared. " he smirked.

"It's not the time to joke Basile. " taking a note from Maria's tone of voice, he stopped being playful and gave her a serious look. She handed him the vial as he looked at her in surprise.

"He's going to name Avery as heir. I want that but I don't want Damian to raise the child. Only the two of us knows what will happen tonight. Someone will betray me! "

"What do you want me to do then? "

"I need you to hide and keep my Avery and princess safe. You must not tell Lilith about it, ever. " she sighed.

"Maria, she is your daughter. "

"Damian will use her against me, we both know how he twisted words into venom. " Basile could only nodded as Maria gave him the vial and the music sheet as the key of the portal.

"I trust you... That you will-" Her eyes pleaded with tears, Basile felt as if he carried the same weight of problems Maria had faced these past years. They had been together for so long, compared to her with Damian or her beloved. They had grew attached to each other romantically but it wasn't enough to tie the knots and remained close together as friends.

"You're putting me more responsibility than my own mother could have! " he chuckled and bid her goodbye for tonight's celebration. Damian had Phillip planned the party for months and it will prevail.

Four hours she walked in circles at her room as she chooses what dress to wear. A white and plain silk gown with the sapphire and diamond jewels Damian gifted her at Adeena's party. She wore white comfortable sandals yet was covered by her long skirt.
Having her crown and ring gifted from Damian as well, and a pair moonstone earring tucked safely at her skirt's pocket. As for her hair, she hair it braided around her head like a crown with a strand of pearls tied upon it.

She did made another copy of the vial Damian gave her, it wasn't the real one but James taught her well on how to make a fake one look and smell like the real one. Keeping it hidden away in secret.

A small knocked was placed at her door. Lilith entered and quickly embraced her mother in glee.

"Mama!  Papa said he gave you the vial to wake Avery up! " the child was enthusiastic and excited for her brother. Now she would have two brothers to play and take care of. Her heart swell as she waited all of her life to finally live a happy life with her mother. Unknowing the real danger Maria was in placed.

She could see how much Lilith had grown over these past years. Afterall, time is faster at Basile's domain. Lilith wore a beautiful light dress with blue roses in it and had her crown shaped like the crescent moon and stars. Taking a ring from her hand, she slowly took her daughter's hand and watched her reaction upon showing her the ring.

It had a little blue sapphire in a heart cut with a few diamonds surrounding it.

"This is a promise ring,  I promise you, you'll have your brothers living in a safe and peaceful life... After this. " she touched her daughter's cheek and kissed it. Slipping in a few tears and wiped them off. Lilith smiled and thanked her mother for the kind gift and shown off the little shoelace bracelet they used to wear as a memory of Avery.

"Do know that everything I have done in my life was to keep all of you my children safe, protected and loved. Never forget that. " she smiled at her daughter who was confused at her mother's words.

"Mama,  is everything okay? " asked Lilith.

"It will be, listen and obey your Daddy Basile and Kuya James okay. Keep an eye on your brothers when I'm not around." the child only nodded and pulled her mother out of her room as they stroll down the hall towards the ball.

"When will I see them? " she asked.

"Right after the King announces their welcome and blessing."

Holding her daughter's arm as she held her breath. Relieving the moment as if she was approaching her children's first steps.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 13.5K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...
1.3K 13 52
Vampires, Lycans, werewolves, demons, warlocks, angels. What I once believed to be fairy tales became my new reality once I met him. Take a walk wit...
15.4K 737 46
Wattpad exclusive!! It was ancient magic that created them but in present century not even ancient magic is prepared for the unintended loophole tha...
46.7K 2.1K 84
As Lycan's were hunted and killed off a thousand years ago, now humans, and werewolves shall learn what a true Lycan is. All things made a new, now i...