Constant smile - shinso x kam...

By peterpanoncrack

Denki Kaminari is always smiling but what's hiding behind it... Hitoshi Shinso, new to class 1a, notices some... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen Part 1
Chapter Fourteen Part 2
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty

Chapter Nine

5K 145 73
By peterpanoncrack

Denki walked into class in bliss, finally happy for the first time in years. His smile began to falter as the voices crawled back into his head.

You don't deserve to be happy

'Let me be ha-'

You'll never be happy, not one cares about you

'...'

Shinso is ordered to keep an eye on you, he doesn't care.

'Sh-shut up'

Shinso doesn't care about you and he never will.

He's going to tell everyone about your past.

Denki's eyes widened, he'd forgotten about that and he began to panic.

Go to kill yourself

Hitoshi walked into the classroom and was back in his uninterested face. He noticed Denki had stopped. He looked back at the yellow boy to see his panic filled eyes staring at him. As much as Hitoshi wanted to grab Denki's hand and wrap him in a massive, Denki would probably freak out. Instead hitoshi grabbed Denki's shoulder and pulled him to their seats at the back of the classroom. He sat Denki down and locked eyes with him. "Count to 10 Kami, deep breathes." Denki did as he was told and calmed down. Hitoshi smiled at him and he gave a small smile back.

During class Hitoshi kept his eyes on Denki. He was smiling on the surface but Hitoshi knew inside it was a hurricane. Although he would never fully understand what Denki went through, he knew Denki was hurting. When the bell rang Hitoshi leaned over to denki. "Meet me at the roof at lunch." Denki gave a meek nod and dashed forward to catch up to the bakusquad.

Classes for denki whizzed past. The voices were shouting at him inside his head, constantly. "I can't break down otherwise it would be a bigger burden for Hitoshi who doesn't like me and is forced to look out for me by mr aizawa. If I died, all of my pain would go away and I wouldn't be a burden for anyone anymore." Denki smiled. If you saw it you'd think it was a normal smile but if you looked closer and saw his eyes filled with a manic and slightly insane look, you'd run for the hills. The voices died down, only because the voices were now denki's way of thinking. 'All i have to do is get to the end of the day and then i can end my life'

Time skip to lunch

Hitoshi arrived first at the roof. When he saw Denki he felt something was off. "Hey." "Hi." Denki sat down next to him. "So what did you want to talk about?" Hitoshi warily eyed denki. Denki's smile was disturbing. "Um well I was just wondering if you were okay, yaknow because of this morning's events." "Why would you care." Though barely audible, Hitoshi heard it. "Why would I care?" Denki picked his eyes up from the ground giving hitoshi a startled look, obviously not thinking he heard it. "I care because you're a great person who I consider a friend." Denki wiped the tears forming in his eyes. "No, you don't care. I know you don't care. Aizawa is probably making you do this." Hitoshi's eyes widened. "Kami stop I-" "I mean i understand" Denki laughed dryly, "i am a ugly no good weird stupid-" "Stop it" Hitoshi grabbed Denki and pulled him into a tight hug. "Those things your father said to you arent true." Denki sobbed into Hitoshi's shoulder and held onto his shirt for dear life. "B-but-" "it's not your fault." "i-i" "Listen to me Kami, it's not your fault... It's not your fault and it never will be, you remember that alright?" Hitoshi leaned against the wall pulling Denki closer on his chest. He played with denki's hair, comforting him until the bell went. Hitoshi began to stand up but he saw that denki was asleep. He quickly messaged his dad, picked up denki bridal style and walked off to the dorms.

Denki woke up in the late afternoon. He rubbed his eyes and jumped out of his bed, noticing Hitoshi doing his homework at his desk. "Um hey, shinso?, thanks for uh asking if I was okay and bringing me back to the dorms." Hitoshi's focus didn't stray from his notebook. "Mmhmm yeah all good." He said in an uninterested tone. Denki started to walk to the bathroom.

He was lying before.

Shinso doesn't care, you annoy him

JUST DIE ALREADY

"Kami." Denki turned his head and tried to produce a believable smile. "let's talk when you finish having a shower." Hitoshi eyed the towel in Denki's hand. Denki nodded and went into the bathroom.

Denki stepped into the shower and felt the hot water trickle down his back. He hoped it would leave the tension and put him at ease but he could barely shut off his thoughts. Sometimes when Shinso was there they turned off for a bit like the time with the pillows or when he hugged Denki but it never lasted for long.

He'll never care about you

Why would you ever care about ugly dumb broken useless fag

Memories of his father hit him like a train.

Flashback

"Stupid bitch get off the FUCKING FLOOR and make me dinner before I make you wish you would have a FUCKING BORN!" 12-year-old Denki stood up but kept his eyes on the floor. "Yes sir." He mumbled. His father walked away and muttered some other curse words. Denki picked the glass out of his hair and made dinner. He wished he wasn't born every day of his life. Once Denki had finished he placed the mail in front of his father "fucking finally" Denki warily eyed his father if it wasn't up to his standards, he would be dead. Hopefully figuratively. His father picked up some of the pasta and meat with his fork and put it in his mouth. Which he directly spat out after. "Are you trying to poison me?!" Denki's father chucked the plate of food at the wall and proceeded to pull Denki up the stairs by his hair, to the bathroom.

His father lifted his head out of the toilet bowl. "This'll teach you not to serve me fucking disgusting pasta stupid bitch!" Denki's head went down again. His arms tried to pull out of the bowl but a 12 year olds strength couldn't beat a 45 year olds one. Denki felt everything go a little fuzzy before finally his head got lifted out again. His father picked him up by the hair and flung him against the wall. "Serve me something like that again and you'll be in the grave next to yours mothers." Denki sat in a ball in the corner of the bathroom for a couple hours. Finally standing up he looked at himself in the mirror. His fathers words ran through his head over and over again like a broken record. Staring too long made Denki hate himself more than he already did so he busied himself with cleaning him wounds.

End of flashback

Denki came back to the world upon hearing a knock at the door. "Kami you good in there?" Denki silently scoffed, 'As if he cares, no one cares and that's a fact.' "Yeah just finishing up." Denki's poor attempt to put cheer in his words showed. "Well it's been like twenty minutes so I thought I'd check on you." Denki's eyes widened, '20 minutes? Damn.' "I'll be out in 2." He quickly washed his self and got out of the shower.

Hitoshi was sitting cross legged on his bed, waiting for Denki. Once he came out of the shower (fully clothed btw) Denki sat down in the same position on his own bed. "I was talking wi-" Denki interrupted Hitoshi. "Let me start. I don't get you at all Shinso. You act like you care one minute, totally fake by the way, and then you seem so annoyed and bored with me. Am I that boring, I mean I know I'm a fuck up but it still hurts when you seem so uninterested." Denki's sudden confidence boost wore off and he got anxious about what Hitoshi would say or do. "Look at me Kami." Denki picked his eyes off the floor and flickered his eyes at Hitoshi for a second. "If I seem uninterested it isn't because it's being directed at you, it's just how I am. I'm sorry if it affected you but I do care about you Kam." Half of Denki wanted to believe him but the other half was saying that it was all lies. He felt so conflicted, he looked back at Hitoshi. His eyes looked so comforting and safe that Denki just wanted to cuddle Hitoshi forever. But the anxiety always creeps back in.

Denki was so lost in his own thoughts that he didn't realise Hitoshi was now sitting on his bed. "The reason I wanted to talk to was Aizawa and I agree you should go to a therapist." Denki became instantly nervous. His trust issues made it hard to talk to people sometimes, talking to a complete stranger about all his deepest problems would be impossible. Hitoshi noticed Denki was getting a bit nervous so he wrapped his arms around the yellow haired boy. "It's going to be fine, I can go with you if you like." Denki looked up at Hitoshi hopefully and he smiled back down at Denki. 'Cute' Hitoshi thought, which led to his face heating up as he realised what he thought but also the position they were in. (Denki's legs were wrapped around Hitoshi's torso). Before he could back out of the hug Denki hugged Hitoshi tighter. And as Denki started sobbing Hitoshi forgot about what he was thinking about, "Hey what's wrong?" "I'll try to explain it during therapy." Hitoshi's face lit up, 'He actually agreed to it!' Denki looked up at Hitoshi and gave him a small smile. Hitoshi could have been offered a billion dollars and he wouldn't of taken his eyes off Denki. Although Denki had realised the position they were in, he didn't care. He only cared that Hitoshi could actually care about him. Even if it was only ever plantonic and Hitoshi never liked him more than a friend, at least he cared. "Hey Shinso?" "Mm?" Hitoshi hummed into Denki's hair making him shiver a little. "Could you please not tell anyone about my past and stuff?" "I would never, I promise." Satisfied Denki smiled into Hitoshi's chest. After that they both laid down on Denki's bed and fell into a calm sleep with their arms wrapped around each other.

A/n - lol wassssuupp. I'm not dead I just didn't have the energy to upload. Thank you for nearly 700 views and thanks for reading this angst piece of shit. Also shoutout to Good Will hunting, very good movie.. go it watch right now. Also also I realise that Denki's urge to kill himself dies off in the shower scene, it because I wrote different parts like a week apart so I forgot what I wrote soz.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 296 13
shinsou becomes part of 1A and falls in love with kaminari. Read to find out how they face multiple obstacles~ fluffy Boy x boy Some other ships are...
3.1K 54 12
Thanks for 1k reads and support guys it means alot to me Denki Kaminari is a sixteen old boy who is gay but is disowend by his parents because of th...
127K 3K 33
⚠️ TW: Physical and mental abuse⚠️ Denki has been abused for most of his life. He has tried to hide it behind a big smile and bubbly personality but...
267K 7.7K 26
Kaminari and Shinso have been dating for about 2 months, but haven't told anyone about it. Kaminari spends as much time as he can with his boyfriend...