𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐨 𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭...

By kirstenenn

Shy, innocent Eliza Rosier accidentally walks into rude and ignorant Draco Malfoy. Draco begins to question w... More

TW/cast
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
SIXTEEN (!!!)
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT (!!!)
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR (!!!)
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN

FIFTEEN

53.9K 1.2K 2.6K
By kirstenenn

Day of the masquerade ball
—————
PART 1

Eliza's pov

Yesterday, Draco had gotten himself detention. For what, I didn't know but when I agreed to help Professor Snape after lessons I didn't expect him to have a class full of students for detention. When I walked in and the five students' eyes turned to me, it sure made me regret agreeing to help Snape.

And then I saw Draco, leaning back in his chair and a smirk on his lips.

I realised I had frozen in the doorway when Snape said, "Don't mind them. You can put the books down there."

So this is why he wanted me to go get these from Mcgonagall. At first, I thought he was just being lazy but he couldn't leave because he had to watch them. I walked over to his desk and placed the heavy pile of books where he wanted them, "Mcgonagall said she has more if you need them."

I tried not to look at Draco again but it was hard when I could feel his eyes burning on me. This is how it's been since that night he asked me to the ball. We didn't tell anyone and have barely shared more than a few words—I sort of like the secrecy. All I want to do is kiss him and what makes it fun is that I know he wants the same.

Even now, as he sits in detention and I help Snape like the good student I am—the tension between him and I is wildly thrilling.

"No, those should do," Snape said, "could you pass them out." Not a question, a command.

"Sure," I said quietly and picked up the heavy books again.

I was unfamiliar with three of the boys but the two I did know were Draco and Zacharias Smith, who had a dark bruise around his eye.

"You can leave once you've read the book, Eliza is kindly handing it to you," Snape's voice echoed around me as I placed each book on their desks.

My curiosity was killing me so I dropped one of the books by Draco's desk, then went to my knees and as I picked up the book I looked up at Draco with a small smile and whispered, "what did you do?"

He leant forward slightly and whispered back, "I got in a fight with Smith."

My eyes widened, it didn't look that way. Draco had no bruises compared to Zacharias.

"What—why?" I whispered, slowly standing so it didn't look obvious.

"He said something about you," Draco said.

"Malfoy," Snape called from his desk, "quiet or you won't be going to the ball tomorrow."

Draco didn't give Snape a glance and handing Zacharias his book was much more difficult now that I knew why he was there. What did he say? I felt Draco's protective eyes on us the whole time which would explain why Zacharias didn't look at me and his jaw was tight.

Snape let me go after I handed out the books and I haven't seen Draco since. Now Pansy, Daphne and I are getting ready for the ball and all I can think about is how excited I am to see Draco. And as I look at myself in the mirror, I'm excited for Draco to see me too. The high slit in my dress made me feel scandalous and the backless back made me feel sexy.

I did simple makeup, eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, highlight. I brushed out my hair and Daphne added a few light curls to it. I pinned two pieces of my hair up and left strands out to frame my face. I'd never seen myself look this good and I can't remember the last time I felt like this. 

"We're so hot," Pansy snarled, checking herself out as we stood in front of the mirror. I felt my cheeks blush as I let a chuckle escape my mouth. As pretty as I felt, I still would never have confidence like Pansy.

I still hadn't told them about Draco asking me to the ball and I wondered if now was a good time or was it too late? Would they be mad?

"So. . . Draco asked me to the ball—"

~

I don't think I had ever witnessed such surprise on someone's face in my life. Both Daphne and Pansy looked at me like I'd just killed someone. But then, their shock turned into an, "I knew it," look. The both of them had guessed something was going on between Draco and me.

And now, once I heard all about how shocked and happy they were for me, we finally made our way to the great hall. The nerves in my belly fluttered around like a swarm of butterflies but I tried to think about them.

Although Draco had asked me to go with him, I had no idea where to meet him or if I was meant to. I've never done this sort of thing before. Pansy had mentioned the boys were meeting us at the bottom of the stairs and I figured that meant Draco too.

As we neared the stairs, I could hear the elegant music from the ball and excitement replaced my nerves. We rounded the corner and stood at the bottom of the stairs was Blaise, Adrian, Theo and Draco with his back towards us. We started walking down the stairs, the nerves fluttering again. I kept my eyes on Draco and only him, waiting for him to turn around and see me.

And then he did.

My heart skipped a beat.

Draco's pov

"Here they come," Blaise said, raised his chin to the stairs and I turned my head over my shoulder.

"Holy," whispered Theo.

My eyes met Eliza's almost instinctively. She had a mask on but— I had lost the ability to breathe. She looked stunning. The dress she was wearing was immaculate, almost made me want to rip it from her body. But honestly, there was no need. It stuck to her curves perfectly that I could see every beautiful detail of her body and that slit—

The low back—

I wondered how I'd control myself all night.

I tightened my jaw and I took in every inch of her before she stood in front of me, looking up at my eyes with those beautiful green eyes of hers.

I smiled.

Eliza's pov

Draco's ice-cold gaze never left mine as I walked up to him. Then, we stood so close that I felt shivers slither up my bare back. He wore a black suit, almost similar to his everyday suit but this one was fancier and more intimidating. His hair was slightly brushed and not messy like it usually was. He wore a silver mask.

"Ladies, you all look ravishing," Theodore greeted us. Taking Pansy hand and whispering something in her ear which made her chuckle.

"You look—" Draco leant down to my ear "beautiful," he said in a deep whisper.

My lips parted, feeling his cold hand on my bare back. I turned up to him and smiled, "Thank you. You clean up nicely, yourself."

"Let's go love birds," Blaise saida as he began walking toward the great hall doors, "the party is this way," he rolled in swagger as he pointed to the entry.

"Shall we?" Draco asked as he held out a hand.

I took his hand and smiled "we shall."

~

We walked into the great hall, following behind the others. The second I walked around the corner I saw the beautiful blue lit hall. Tall glass chandeliers floating the air. Tables around with food and beverages. A few students sat and a few dancing. The teachers stood at the front of the hall. The room was lit in a beautiful royal blue colour. I was dazzling with beauty.

"Bit excessive," said Draco.

"I would have thought excessive was your thing," I said as I gave his arm a light squeeze.

His response was a deep chuckle.

My lips curled into a smirk but it quickly faded when I noticed the trio from hell and their friends glaring at me. My smile faded into something like disgust. Harry shook his head slowly, like he was disappointed in me. Like I should care? I looked away from them and forgot about them.

We stopped somewhere in the middle of the hall. Students all around dancing and talking with the music echoing around them.

"A little something for the night," Theodore smirked as he pulled out a flask and took a swing at it

"Yes please," said Pansy.

She passed it to Daphne, she took a swing and handed it to Adrian, then Blaise, then Draco and then he handed it to me. I hesitated but took a big swing of it anyway. I furrowed my brows as I tasted the strong liquid burning as he travelled down my throat. 

"And the party begins" laughed Blaise.

~

The night got started quickly— the effects of alcohol took effect with more and more swings of the flask. Theodore and Pansy both completely drunk. Blaise and Daphne laughing and dancing on the dance floor. While Draco and I, stood at the side watching and talking—mostly small talk but here and there Draco would say something flirty and my cheeks would blush.

And in the midst of the night, he stepped closer to me. I suddenly found the wall my back leaned against too comfortable. He gently stroked the side of my cheek, "Although you have a mask covering your face, you are the most beautiful in this room"

I couldn't possibly look at him as he said those words to me. I turned away, his hands still on my cheek.

"Look at me," he said deeply, and gripped my face harder. I looked at him. Our eyes connected.

"I want everyone to know your mine," he said, and my lips parted as a gasp escaped, "there have been boys looking at you all night. And I'm so close to stabbing my wand into their eyes."

I swallowed my shock. I wanted that more than anything. I want to be his and I want him to be mine.

"Then what are you waiting for," something firey sparked inside of me. Something only draco could light.

An evil grin appeared on his lips before roughly grabbed my throat—

I gasped.

He kissed me in front of everyone and I had no idea if anyone was looking and I didn't care. Let them all know I am Draco's. Let them know I am not the shy girl they think I am.

I pulled away, biting my lip deviously. "Dance with me," I said surprising myself. I walked past him and onto the dance floor. I only hoped that he would follow and I wouldn't embarrass myself.

Then I felt a firm hand grip my wrist and my body was spun into a broad chest. Draco's chest. One hand on my waist and the other hand stroking my cheek. We danced in rhythm with the music. Stepping in time with the beats. We looked at each other the whole time. Not once breaking eye contact.

Suddenly, he lifted my thigh to his hip. His large hand slowly dragging up towards my knee. I could feel his cold rings on my thigh. My breath became hitched and my heart rate quickened. Draco spin me out and twirled me back into his chest. I felt like a princess dancing in a court and Draco was my prince.

We continued to step in time to each beat and move in sync with one another. His hand gripped my back and mine on his shoulder. Our hands holding at the side. He released his grip and my hand and lowered be back. I tilted my head back and arched my back into him. Draco's hand holding me close. It felt exhilarating. His hand trailed down my chest and then lifted me so our faces were almost touching again. The music began to slow.

"Woah," I whispered, "I didn't know you could dance."

"I'm full of surprises," he smirked.

I smiled.

He smirked and then said "I'll go get us a drink. I'll be back."

He turned and went to grab us a drink. I saw the others sat at a table and I made my way to them.

"That was quite the show," said Pansy as I sat down, my cheeks still rosy.

"You saw that," I said feeling a little shy. At the moment it felt like it was just Draco and me.

"It was hard to look away," said Theodore.

"He really does like you," said Adrian but I saw the snap of jealousy in his eyes. That scared me but I smiled in response.

~

Fifteen minutes passed and Draco still had yet to return. I was starting to get impatient. Worried even. It doesn't take this long to get a drink. I looked around but I couldn't see him.

"I'm going to go look for him," I stood.

"Alright," smiled Daphne.

I walked through the crowds of people but I couldn't find him. I looked around the great hall but he was not there. I stopped and looked around once more. Nothing. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my wrist. I turned and saw Harry. He did nothing but point to a door at the front of the hall.

I looked at him confused. Looked at the door and then back at Harry.

"Don't say I didn't warn you," Harry said which only confused me more. I furrowed my brows at him, snarling at him before I walked to the door.

My heart was racing.

Had Harry been referring to Draco? Was he down there? Oh, my heart was pounding so hard it could have exploded inside my chest. I neared the door and there was something telling me to turn around.

But I didn't listen.

And I opened the door.

-------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © Kirsten Enn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72K 2.3K 49
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding War is a few years behind you as you star...
23.1K 589 36
☆ second story in the sequel ☆ • go read "Blood to Love | 3rd year" if you haven't! ✰☽♡𑁍✯☼ He cursed under his breath. "I don't know what to do!" "...
1K 172 41
This is the second book of me and my sister's fan fiction that we are making about Draco Malfoy. READ THE FIRST ONE FOR THIS TO MAKE SENSE! This is a...
8.6K 195 34
Draco Malfoy and Emma Dawlish attend Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Emma is almost always a straight A student and she is forced to wo...