It's Just Revenge

By ncvlove72

Hayley Monahan was completely dreading the move back to her home town in North Harbor. She had left her home... More

Ch 1-Welcome Home!
ch 2- The dinner
ch 3-The Plan
ch 4- Turn for the worst
ch 5- Try outs
ch 6- Womanizer
ch 7-Classified
ch 8- Earth Shattering
ch 9-Black Mail
ch 10-Red Bull and Jager shots
Ch 11-Crush
Ch 13- Ferris Wheels and Paddle boats
Ch 14- It's Just A Small Gathering
Ch 15-Let the Games Begin
Ch 16- Dare: part 1
Ch. 17- Dare part 2
Ch. 18- It's time for some TRUTH
Chapter 19-The Day After

Ch 12: Bagels and Boys

63 4 0
By ncvlove72

“Hayley, if you don’t open this door in five minutes I’m going to break it down myself!”  There was three loud pounds on the door and while I should have rushed to open it I decided to take my time.

 I mean it wasn’t that I was hung over or anything.

No.

I was worse than hung over.

I was ashamed so as I finally took my eyes off my ceiling which I had been starring at for the past hour and trudged to my bedroom door Kayla’s jaw practically dropped at my appearance. 

“Your hair!  And make up!  And_”

“You can stop!”  I said putting my hand up to end whatever she was about to say.

“How did you get in anyways?” 

“Your parents let me in on their way to take Ashley to her soccer game.”  Kayla gave me a sympathetic smile as she took her other hand from behind the door to reveal a paper bag and a coffee. 

“I stopped at Glenn’s Bagels on the way over here.  I thought you might have needed one.”  She said lightly and I laughed as I took the bag without a second thought. 

“You have no idea!”  I pulled a blueberry bagel smothered in cream cheese out of the bag and took a big bite of it and man how I had missed Glenn’s Bagels. 

“So you’re not that hung over then considering you’re attacking that bagel?”  Kayla asked raising an eyebrow at me as she sat down on the bean bag chair sipping her own coffee.

I took another bite of my bagel before sitting across from her on my bed ready to explain.

“Not exactly.  Yes, I drank last night but, I didn’t get too drunk.  I’m just feeling lousy I guess.”  I scratched the back of my head and then glanced at the full length mirror on my door.

And she was right.  My hair was in a lazy side bun on top of my head, my eye make-up was practically melted on my face and my off the shoulder t-shirt was twisted almost all the way around my body.  I was a hot mess.  Actually hot implies that you at least were rocking it.

And trust me.  I was not.

“Are you sick then?”  Kayla questioned taking another sip of her coffee and analyzing me.

“No, worse than sick.  I’m ashamed.”  I said and I wanted to laugh at myself.

My life was totally becoming some type of lame soap opera. 

“Oh god!  Did you do something at the party?  Wait!  Let me guess!  You spilled a drink on someone?  No that happens so often at parties it’s not that bad.  You spilled a drink on yourself?  No that’s not something to be ashamed of and you were wearing a vaguely dark shirt.  I got it!  You did that weird dance move you invented in the 7th grade.  What did you call it again?  Oh yeah, the robot duck!” 

“I made out with Holden Kane!”  I shouted and Kayla’s jaw dropped as she sit her coffee on the floor and stood up.

“You what?!” 

“Yeah I don’t know.  It just happened.  I mean he told me he had a crush on me when we were kids.  I was in his bedroom.  He started kissing me and it was good and then things moved to the bed and oh my god, I could have had sex with him.”  I bit my bottom lip and ran my hands through my destroyed hair as Kayla’s eyes practically fell out of her head.

“I don’t understand though.  You loathed Holden.  Why would you want to give it up to him?”  Kayla asked and I looked up at her confused.

Give it up?  Wait does she think I’m a virgin?  Is she a virgin?

I looked her up and down.  First at her nicely fit dark colored skinny jeans then at her floral blouse, her dark eyes starring me down as if I said the worst thing known to man.

“Oh my god.  You’re not a virgin are you?”  Kayla laughed to herself as I slowly shook my head.

“No, back in Miami I had a boyfriend.  Actually I had a few but, I lost my virginity a few years ago.”  I said softly and for a few seconds me and Kayla just looked at each other.

Yes, we can go back to being friends all we want but, there’s four years of our friendship missing and no matter what we do now we can’t get it back.  We both missed huge events in our lives.   Walking in on our first day of high school, our first boyfriends, passing the driver’s test, and losing our virginities are things that we talked about experiencing together and we never will get to and I think that realization is hitting us now.

A lot changes in high school like who we are and truthfully do I really know Kayla anymore?

“Are you?”  I finally asked not knowing what else to say and Kayla bit her bottom lip not knowing what to say.

“It’s okay if you are.  I mean were only 17 and_”

I was interrupted by the doorbell that sounded through the whole house and Kayla sat back down on the bean bag chair. 

“Who’s that?”  She asked and she seemed very eager to change the subject.

“I don’t know.”  I said lamely as I pushed open my bedroom door leaving Kayla there.  I didn’t think she would move anyways.

I jogged back the steps wondering who would be knocking on my door so early in the morning.

What time is it anyways?

I walked past the clock in the kitchen and noticed it said 12:18pm.

Nice, Hayley.

I swung open the kitchen door not thinking twice about and man do I wish I did.

“So you’re the person who drives the white Nissan Altima?”  Holden Kane gave me a dubious grin and I chocked on something to say as I remembered I looked like a zombie hobo. 

“Holden, what are you doing here?”  I asked trying to wipe away the black eyeliner under my eyes.

“Can I come in?”  He asked and I wanted to say no but, for some reason I felt rude so I stepped aside letting hit walk into my house.

Come on Hayley!  Never invite the enemy in your home.

Then again you’re not really supposed to make out with the enemy either so I guess I’m breaking all the rules.

He looked around the foyer and smiled.

“This place still hasn’t changed after all those years.”

“Yup.  So what’s up?”  I asked trying to make this as casual as possible but, honestly I couldn’t even look him in the eyes without turning to mush. 

Holden took a deep breath and then stepped forward towards me making me jump a little from his sudden movement.

“I just feel bad about last night.  I got carried away and I shouldn’t have.  I didn’t even know how drunk you were and I would never want to take advantage of you.”  He explained and when I finally looked up into his light blue eyes then looked genuine.

“You didn’t and I wasn’t that drunk.  Everything that happened I was okay with.  I don’t know why I ran off.”  I said, almost completely honestly.

The lie?

I knew why I ran off. 

My mission is to take down Holden Kane and that doesn’t involve sleeping with him or wanting to for that matter.

“Oh okay, well I came over here to first see if you were okay and then to ask you if you wanted to hang out with me today.”  Holden said with a bright grin and I was about to say yes when I realized Kayla was in my room and I should probably let her know.

After all I’m not even sure if this is a good idea.

“One sec.”  I was about to race upstairs when I stopped.

“Oh and my mom made chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen if you want some.” 

Once I got back into my bedroom I noticed Kayla glued to some type of SIMS game on her phone.

“Who was that?” She asked not even looking up from her phone.

“Holden Kane.”  I said out of breath and she looked up from her phone practically dropping it.

“What?!  What did he say?  Oh my god your car is parked in your driveway!”  Kayla stood up throwing her hands in every direction as she rambled and ran her hands through her hair frantically. 

“I know.  He weirdly seems okay with it and he wants to hang out but, I’m not sure if it’s a good idea.”  I said and Kayla stopped mid pace to look at me.  Her eyes were flashing which meant one thing. 

She was thinking and more importantly she was plotting. 

“The perfect way to get close to the enemy is to date the enemy.”  Kayla finally said after a few agonizing seconds of silence.

“Have you lost it?  Dating Holden Kane?  Seriously? And were not dating.  We would just be hanging out.” 

“He asked you to hang out after you guys made out.  It’s a date.”  Kayla explained and I laughed.

“Or he wants to get in my pants.  Seriously, it’s not a good idea.”

“So you’re not going to hang out with him?”  Kayla asked like I was saying ice cream is no longer a real thing.

“Well I mean he is downstairs.”  I sighed and Kayla grinned.

“Which means the only polite thing for you to do is to go hang out with him.”  Kayla said melodramatically and I groaned.

“Fine but, this is not a date nor do I agree with your evil plan.”  I raised a finger at her and she nodded heading to my door.

“Where are you going?”  I asked confused.

“Going to tell him you’re getting ready so you guys can HANG OUT!”  She sang the last part and then slammed my door as I heard her feet stomp down the steps.

She is such a dork.

I opened my closet to get ready and wondered, what does one wear to go hang out with the enemy?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sorry this took so long and sorry it's kind of short but, hey it's much needed.  Tell me what you think!  I love love love feedback!   Vote, comment, and Read on my loves!

<3 Rea

Picture of Aimee Teegarden on the right

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 730 13
This is currently get its first round (perhaps its only round) of editing! [COMPLETED] {There isn't anything rated r wattpad, what are you talking ab...
407K 9K 26
{Highest Ranking: #160 in Teen Fiction & #1 in Love at First Sight} Zac Logan thought he had everything. His parents were filthy rich. He was captain...
4K 424 29
[Featured - Stories Undiscovered (March 2023)] Everything is set in place for Taylor. Taylor Perez, kind and beautiful teenage girl is finally enteri...
2.6M 75.1K 48
Meet Lana. A professional third wheel at her finest. You would think being the school's power couple third wheel has its perks. But really, she's...