Waver✓

By _omanita

"I dare you to kiss the girl on your right." The girl on the right. . . my sleep deprived mind made out slugg... More

S T O R Y D E S C R I P T I O N & C H A R A C T E R S
K O R J ?
P R O L O G U E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - O N E
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
E P I L O G U E
B O N U S C H A P T E R
A C K N O W L E D G E M E N T S

T W E N T Y - F I V E

752 133 115
By _omanita

<If I could make you fall for me just by taking off my glasses, maybe Clyde should put on some- Aaden Foster>

|25|

TAKING HIS glasses off and those eyes away from mine and humming to himself, Jayden laid down on the left side of my bed, his gaze fixed on the door post.

Could it be possible he hadn't seen me yet? Yes, his eyes had met mine directly but they'd hadn't really focused on me, rather they'd been roving over the bathroom door and scanning every part of my room. So yes, it was possible.

Giving God the glory Jayden wasn't aware and quite sure he hadn't seen me, I opened the glass door quietly and tip-toed in. Since my bed was blessedly close to my bathroom door, I had a chance to grab my gown and be back in without him knowing.

Zeroing in on my black gown on the bed, I made my way towards it, carefully placing my wet foot right in front of the other to avoid slipping on the tiles.

I was almost there, it remained a step or two. Breathing gently so that Jayden would have the least indication I was around, I planted my right foot firmly on the ground and was about to take my last step when I slipped on the slippery tiles. The help all that careful stepping did me.

Knowing I was going to bash my head on the edge of the bed if I didn't do something immediately, I tried to propel myself forward so I'd fall on the bed. Falling on the bed was way better than hitting the hard floor.

Just then, almost as if it was on cue, Jayden rolled to the right and I fell on top of him.

At first, I didn't really notice he was under me, I was just glad he'd broken my fall. Then slowly, as my pulse rate spiked down now I wasn't going to die yet, I began to realize that I was quite plastered to a certain male's body. In. My. Underwear.

Humiliation threatening to swamp me in a flood tide of blushes, I promptly attempted standing up but it seemed our limbs were interlocked together. Worried and my heart beating rapidly in distress, I laid still again, tried to calm down but it wasn't working.

I was in bed, on top of my guy friend with slips of clothes called underwear covering me. If this wasn't the ultimate and total embarrassment to occur just right after my last mortifying episode, then, omo, assassins should just assassinate me right now. How did I ever think today was gonna end right?

With me lying directly on him, our bodies met---mine almost unclad while his was fully clothed. My breast which seemed to be spilling from those flimsy bra cups rubbed against his hard defined chest, strange but warm tingles swiftly flowing through my wildly pulsing body. Holding my waist tightly and stroking my naked skin in the process, his heart was also throbbing hard too. Maybe even faster than mine. Why? I had no idea.

His abdomen stayed glued to my bare tummy and an odd feeling shimmered in the bottom of my stomach. It didn't end there. In our agonizing but sweet position, I could also feel my pantie covered crotch resting firmly against his trousers fly and that was when I started blushing like crazy. Mad. If all these weird but exciting sensations were happening to me right now we were kinda clothed then imagine if we were truly naked. . . I flushed terribly, a flutter of butterflies invading my belly at the thought.

Just then, in the midst of all that sensational fire, my brown eyes met his smoky hazel eyes that held---desire? I wasn't certain. His pupils had dilated, letting more light through and enhancing the mesmerizing colour of his eyes. Bewitched, I stared at those conflicting colours, a swirling and startling mix of moss green and warm amber. Frack me, but his eyes were beautiful.

Strangely enough, I became aware of little puffs of breath towards the nape of my neck. Huh? Was Jayden sniffing at my neck and my recently washed hair? No, I flicked my hunch away, he couldn't be sniffing at me. And if he really was, I hope he thinks I'm smelling nice, after all I'd just had a bath.

Still fascinated, I observed his striking face, and memorized every ridge and freckles across his cheekbones, wanting to caress those minute dots of freckles with my fingers. My hungry eyes fixed on his rosy mouth, drawn by lips that looked succulent and tempting enough to kiss.

Suddenly, my own lips felt dry and I snaked my tongue across, wetting them. He stared at that simple motion I did and I deduced he wanted to kiss me. And oddly enough I wanted him to. His handsome face came closer and closer to mine, tempting me to close that tiny space between us. I brought my head closer to his too, my heart thumping and some emotion I couldn't name pooling in my stomach. Just as our lips were about to meet, I sneezed.

Yes I sneezed. Shit! Way to kill the moment. Scrambling and my face turning beet red from chagrin and mortification, I jumped off him and swept the black gown off the bed.

"Jesus Christ. Shit, I'm so sorry for sneezing on you. I was uhh. . . nevermind. Can you please turn around? I want to put on my clothes," I said in a shaky voice, clutching the gown I held to my body and trying not to drown in a sea of embarrassment. Why on earth did I have to sneeze, just when he was about to kiss me! Darn it, I was a lost cause.

Jayden raked a hand through his riotous curls, still breathing hard and an unfocused look glazing his eyes. It took him some minutes before he became fully alert and if I hadn't known better I'd say he was aroused.

He began huskily, his sexy voice sending another bout of pleasurable twinges down my spine, "Yeah sure. Hell, Olayinka, I don't know what happened to me. I'm sorry---"

"No, don't apologize Jayden. Really, there's nothing to be sorry about and if there is, then I'm the one meant to apologize to you for my stupid behaviour," I declared firmly, my voice no longer shaky, knowing what was coming. And honestly, acting all embarrassed we'd nearly kissed wasn't going to get me anywhere.

He made as if to counter my statement, then sighing he turned his back like a gentleman and left me to my devices.

Awkward silence surrounded me. I turned my back too and dressed rapidly, absorbing what had happened a few minutes ago. I was confused. What was wrong with me? Was it possible I had feelings for Jayden but had buried it so deep down inside of me? No, it couldn't be.

Yes, it is girl. If not you wouldn't have wanted to kiss him, good mind whispered.

No, I refused to come to terms with it. Jayden was just my very good friend. There was no way I was attracted to him, after all I'd established the fact I liked Kian so it just wasn't possible I liked Jayden. And besides, I was on my period so it's probably all these hormones. Fuck hormones.

Finally dressed I tapped his back and he turned to me. I ignored his curious and slightly hurt face and piped up like nothing world shifting had happened,"You said Mom's waiting for us so let's get going."

I moved away from him, ready to go but he grabbed my forearm.

"Olayinka, aren't we going to talk about what happened a few moments ago?"

"No, Jayden let's just forget about it, okay? It wouldn't do us any good remembering. Forget I was almost naked and fell on you in my underwear." I faced the ground, immediately feeling very shy.

"Forget we almost . . ." My voice trailed off, my tongue being unable to say the word kissed.

Nevertheless, I continued, facing him squarely, "Nothing happened Jayden. Also, thank you for saving me from having a nasty fall. I'm grateful," I acknowledged, shuttering my facial expressions so he'd not see what a huge effort it had cost me to say that.

He gazed at me for a long time, searching my face for any hint of emotion that said otherwise. When he found none, he left my arm and pinched the bridge of his nose in resignation, no doubt wondering what was up with me. I was probably giving him scrambled signals, one minute hot, the next cold.

Looking at him, I feared he was gonna force me to talk about it or plead unnecessarily but he thankfully didn't do any of those.

"If you insist, I'll not talk about it. Still friends?" He brought out a firm hand. Giving him a nervous smile, I shook it, nodding.

"Come on let's go then," he said after putting on his glasses, then paused abruptly.

"What's it?" I asked, looking in his direction as he veered towards my bookshelf.

"I was going through your books." Jayden picked my favorite novel, Unbreak My Heart and opened up to a dog-eared page. In between its pages was a pressed flower. The jacaranda flower Kian had given me. Yeah, I'd saved the jacaranda in my favorite book so whenever I reread it, I would come across its petals, savoring that magical night.

"And saw that." He pointed to the crushed petals of the flower. He closed the book gently and laid it back on the shelf. Turning to me, he crossed his arms across his white shirt.

"If I'm right, according to all these romance books I read, then a boy gave you that flower, yes?" His lips curled upwards in a grin.

His grin was contagious so I grinned right back, wanting to tell him how marvelous Kian and I's date had been.

"Yes, you're right. Guess what? Kian gave them to me. Amazing isn't it?" I gushed out, forgetting we were on our way downstairs and told him everything that happened yesterday. Well almost everything. I didn't tell him about the near kiss. No way was I telling him that.

He never said a word, rather he stood silent, letting my words wash over him. When I was done, all he did was to uncross his arms and dryly say, "Mhmm, that's swell."

Was that all he had to say? Only that? I frowned at him, the cleft between my eyebrows furrowing slightly. About to grudge, Mom halted my speech with her loud voice.

"Olayinka and Jayden I hope you guys are not up there making babies! Come down jhoor!"

"Mom!" I yelled, my stupid face getting very hot. Why did Mom have to humiliate me everytime?

"Let's go," I mumbled to Jayden, avoiding his gaze and striving not to recall our almost kiss and how close we were to doing something that made babies. Not liking where my thoughts were heading to, I cut them short.

As we left for the dining room, I couldn't help but remember he'd wanted to kiss me too. Was it possible Jayden liked me and if it was, how the frack hadn't I noticed?

***

On my way to class the next day, I saw a well tanned leg stop right in front of me. I didn't bother looking up because I knew the owner of those legs. Only one person in the whole of Penfield always wore stiletto high heels and painted her toenails voodoo black. Katharina.

"Hi Jamila, how have you been? It's been long," Katharina sang in her false cheery voice that grated on my nerves. She stood, her ever loyal minions, Aliyah and Maude flanking by her side.

"Hello Katharina, I'm pretty good considering the fact Kian gave you an order to stay 10 feet away from me," I gritted out between clenched teeth, wondering why she was talking to me.

"Whatever and it's not Katharina. I go by Black Kat now. You'd better start calling me that. Kat with a K," she preened, almost purring, her eyes glowing with a feral gleam and I shuddered. The fuck. This girl was mentally deranged. She needed to be caged in all those lunatic hospitals.

"The hell I would. Black Kat?! Seriously?! That's what you came up with?" I laughed, wanting her to be annoyed. My plan worked because her facial features went all twisted and she pursed her lips. And just as suddenly, a calm and sweetly serene expression flitted over her face like her look of anger hadn't even existed.

"Anyways, I'm here to invite you to the beach party tomorrow. It starts by 6 pm and if you could wear something nice, something other than," she slid her slanted eyes over my drab outfit, her disgust showing beneath all that make-up caking her face, "this, that'll be great."

Man, was I shocked. Katharina, invite me to a party? Hell would surely freeze over. She had something up her dirty sleeve, that I was sure of.

"Why?" I spat, my voice tinged heavily with suspicion.

"Why what?" She was staring at her fingers and looking bored. Bitch, I'm also bored with you too.

"Why are you inviting me?" I asked, narrowing my eyes into slits.

She speared me an exasperated look that said I was dumb. "Isn't it obvious? You're finally popular, after all you dated Kian and all popular girls get invited. Ughh, you're wasting my time. I have a class to get to. So what do you say? A yes or a no?"

Fuck her if she thought I was coming. She was surely up to something and it just wasn't because I was popular.

She sensed my wariness. "You know, if it'd ease your aching mind the trouble, Kian asked me to tell you. He would have told you himself if he wasn't in Worcester High practicing. And if you don't believe me, you can call and ask him yourself."

Kian asked her to ask me. Hmm. I would surely call him to be certain, not that I was interested in the beach party. Already deciding I wasn't going to the party, I started to talk but I caught sight of Maude whispering to Aliyah in a hushed tone, "There's no way she's coming." Maude hadn't said it out loud but I'd lip read her lips and heard it loud and clear.

I understood now. It was pretty obvious, right from the start, that Katharina wasn't expecting me to accept her invitation. Well, she was in for some surprise.

Staring hard at her, I tossed a carefree yes to her face, then watched that beastly countenance of hers split in a murderous expression, making her appear even more beastly than ever. Smirking, I left, giving her my back as I made myself walk with a spring in my gait and swaying my hips just to spite her.

Choke on that, Black Kat! Hell, that name made me want to laugh my ass out.

Black Kat indeed. Ode!

A/N: Hey, it's been 19 days since I last updated and for that I'm very sorry :-)) Sooo what dyu think about our kinda steamy scene about Jayden and Olay? *peeps from behind her fingers*

About to sleep, it's 2:23 am here. Bon Nuit!

Nita.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.6M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
60.7K 2.5K 28
Jordan never noticed Juliet. Juliet had given up to get his attention. And if they end up hiding together in the same closet, he can't stop talking a...
366K 9.3K 44
I smiled at him but tears were starting to blur my vision together. "I hate you." His smile faltered and he looked taken back, "Not like that, Drake...
126K 30.4K 59
(Book Two) "I've been looking for you for two years now. Luckily for me, I saw you at the beach party which a friend hosted. It also broke my heart...