ADORE ↠ b. barnes [III]

By evanescence2016

❝ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ sʜᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ sᴋɪɴs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ᴀɴᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀᴡʜᴇʟᴍᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜ... More

A/N & copyright
𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓇𝑒
cast iii
PROLOGUE
« PART ONE »
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
« PART TWO »
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
EPILOGUE
~ B O N U S ~

seventeen

445 17 2
By evanescence2016

❝ I have my father's eyes
and my mother's mouth.

On my face, they're
still together. ❞

FIVE      YEARS     LATER

       TIME ON EARTH WAS SOMETHING Allura could never quite comprehend. It felt a lot slower yet faster than it did back home. She learned to see that it highly depended on the mood a person was in— if they were happy time went by faster, and if they were sad time went by slower.

       So, no matter how much energy it took, how many tears, how much pain and how much effort, Allura tried to see the positive side of the situation.

       It had been hard at first. It was disastrous and it seemed impossible to the strawberry blonde. Because her life on Earth was completely different without her soldier, and he had been taken from her faster than she could say "Bucky".

       Ezekyel, her little brother, also haunted her in her dreams and thoughts, his yellow eyes covered in sadness and disappointment. His blonde hair disheveled and his shaking body before he disappeared.

       He wasn't there with her, but the memory of him seemed to always be reminding her of their loss.

       Her daughter had been in space for the first couple of years, gaining back her strength, discovering and working her immense power that only she could hold and only she could truly control.

       So, for a while, she suffered in silence and learned that the poker face was her biggest ally. She read, she analyzed her emotional situation and when she was ready, she became who she was always meant to be.

       She gathered her people, the eighty-eight jupiterians who had landed on Earth and she took care of them as best as she could.

       They had a small piece of land in Iceland, where they lived day after day, and slept through the night. She set up jobs for them, so that they wouldn't bother the humans too much.

       She organized them small houses where they could settle— which was an easier task since there wasn't any kids (apart from Jordan, of course, but she really didn't consider him a kid because the situation had made him extremely mature, and the now seventeen year old was hardworking and intelligent— and had a slight passion for pranks).

       And Allura had been respected, and thanked more than she could ever have imagined. She lead a simple life with her people most of the time.

       ... But not all of it.

       Whenever she had time, she would visit the Avengers Compound; mostly to see how Steve was doing since the two had grown quite close, and to check on Natalia. The redhead had been crumbled ever since the snap. Her time meant nothing to her if she wasn't finding ways to bring everyone back and her life was pretty much dedicated to looking for solutions by now.

       She was wreck without Ezekyel and it showed.

       Just like Allura was a wreck without James.

       But now, it had been five years. Just today, five years, ago everything changed— and the strawberry blonde could feel the tension on the air.

       Well, she could, when Nadenka's loud laughter wasn't interrupting her train of thoughts— more like her whole station.

       "Did you see his face?!" Jordan screeched, Pietro running around him with his speed and Nadenka laughing loudly when he was raised into the air by the force of it.

        "Put me down!" Jordan chuckled, the teenager rolling his eyes at the couple in their twenties. Allura tilted her head slightly and shook her head in amusement. Those three had been a huge distraction from the new reality they were living in, and as annoying as they sometimes were, she couldn't imagine things without them.

       Jordan, the once ten year old she had met and the twelve year old that she found crying in his home in Romania was already seventeen years old. The little boy who didn't even reach the tallest shelf, was now taller than Captain America himself. His purple eyes didn't hold as much innocence as they once did, and his brown hair was in desperate need of a haircut.

       He had a rough time after Pearl vanished. The woman was practically his mother and he had lost her in seconds. He wouldn't talk, he wouldn't eat and he refused to inhale hydrogen— which was probably a good thing in the long run, because the more the time passed, the more human his body became—he didn't lose his alien factions or abilities, but he could now breathe oxygen without a problem.

       Nevertheless, after Nadenka and Pietro came back from space, he had found a little home with the couple. They had become closer than ever and adored each other more than words could tell.

       Nadenka placed her hand in front of her, and stunning, sapphire mist flowed from it, embracing the leaves on the ground and making them fly in circled and different shapes, her red hair tangling as she did so.

        Jordan grabbed a leaf and placed it on Pietro's face, the three laughing once more.

       "Could you take those leaves to that cart over there? I'm bringing them over to the forest later." Allura asked Nadenka, who turned around to meet her mother's eyes.

       "Sure thing, mamma." She said, sending her a small smile. Allura returned the gesture, the tug at her heart always there as she stared at the carbon copy of her love.

       They had missed two/eighteen years of her life. It was so unfair that he missed five more and wasn't there to see her recovery.

       A complicated recovery, at that.

       "I'll come with!" Jordan spoke, Allura crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow. Jordan smiled sheepishly as he noticed her look. "Or not. I'll be just here. Minding my own business. Doing my chores."

       "Which you haven't gone in how many days?" Allura asked, her gaze scolding but not too much.

       "One."

       "One?"

       "You mean one week, don't you?" Pietro's accent interrupted their conversation, as he laughed and sent a wink to the younger boy before turning around and going with Nadenka.

       "Sorry, Allura." Jordan spoke, blushing a bit in embarrassment before running to pick up the hydrogen from the laboratory.

       The strawberry blonde rolled her eyes, grabbing the bag of books from the ground and throwing it over her shoulder. The books were part of the education system she had built, so that her people would learn more about Earth.

       And fortunately, it was working so far.

          But no matter how much progress she made, and how happy she had learned to become... there would always be a James Buchanan Barnes missing in her life.

Helloooo! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I've been really busy! I know this is just a filler, but Allura has grown so much in the past five years, and she's becoming what Pearl and her mom knew she could be and I'm so proud hahahah.

I hope everyone's alright and you enjoyed the chapter! Endgame is coming so soon and I'm thrilled!

Stay safe!

- evanescence2016

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 10.8K 33
this is an imagines book based around steve rogers and bucky barnes in the mcu. requests are closed and this book is finished
952K 22.4K 68
-MATURE SCENES! 🔞 -STRONG LANGUAGE "𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚙𝚘𝚗. 𝙰 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚙𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚠" {Based on Avengers...
218K 6.8K 39
❝ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ɪs ɴᴏᴡ ᴀ ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅ, ᴀ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢʀᴇᴡ ᴜᴘ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ᴀɴᴅ sᴀғᴇ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀғʟᴀᴍᴇ. ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴡᴀs ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇғᴜɢᴇ. ɴᴏᴡ, ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴄʀᴜᴇʟʟʏ ᴛ...
364K 5.3K 103
𝙉𝙤 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨. 𝙉𝙤 𝙙𝙤-𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨. 𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙀𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙇𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨.