Connected

Von FalaQuinn

Jeon Jeongguk believed to be aware of the past. Little did he know he knew nothing. His father died the day h... Mehr

Warning
Story Description
Characters
Part 1
1: Stormy Day
2: Bartender
3: Water & Beer
4: Suga
5: Worrying
6: Different People Different Scents
7: Breakdown
8: I Will Be With You
9: Talk To Him
10: How It All Started
11: Biting Truth
12: We Meet Again
13: Na Ki-ha
Part 2
14: Change
15: Exhausted
16: Empath's Anger
17: Gone Wrong
18: A Strange Symptom
20: He Will Be With You
21: Not An Empath
22: Old Books & A Lively Village
23: Meeting In The Alley
Part 3
24: A Story Untold
25: Because He Never Anticipated The Consequences
26: A Night Of Memories
27: Carriers
28: Wedding Rings
29: Not Planning To Listen
30: Go Get Bai An-Jeong
31: I Saw Mom
IMPORTANT

19: I See What You See

542 22 0
Von FalaQuinn

Jeongguk could feel that something was not right.

There are moments we can feel a sliver of dread out of the blue, indicating that something must be wrong. But with who? Obviously, someone you are extremely close with. This could be a parent, an aunt or uncle, a cousin or a sibling. Or there is a certain friend you are so close with that you know just what they feel with only one glance. It is an instinct; a foreboding of something that more often than not is bad news.

And Jeongguk can feel it in his bones– can feel it in his frozen veins– that something is the matter. He has not seen Yoongi for quite some time after all! As a son– as a son who shares the DNA with his father– how could he possibly not feel it?
No matter what the other five tell him, the Nestling knows that there is something they are hiding from him. But of course would they not say a thing, and in this matter, that their youngest is refusing to speak only works in their benefit. This Jeongguk knows too. He by now is making full use of his mind reading ability, speaking with those who can hear him. Jeongguk has asked Namjoon about Yoongi, but the older refuses to answer.

"Jeonggukkie!"

Looking up from his plate, the Nestling meets Taehyung's eyes. The older Vampire wears an energetic smile and his eyes are sparkling just as excitedly. It is nothing new from Taehyung, but the younger is simply not really in the mood to be energetic.

"Jeonggukie, doesn't it taste nice?" The older's smile falters a bit as he gazes at the plate before Jeongguk, and the younger follows his gaze. Indeed, he has been picking at his food for the passed somewhat minutes without realising it himself. Fork in hand and his chin leaning on the palm of his other one, the youth has been silently picking at the by now cold meal while staring into the distance, his mind filled with possible scenarios of where his Dad could be.

"If it's not tasty, then I can just make you something else," Seokjin then speaks up. He offers the youngest one a gentle smile. "I must admit I haven't made this in a while— it must taste weird."

To be fair, Jeongguk would not know. He has not tasted the food at all and he also was not exactly planning to. There was no appetite, the youth could only sigh and place down the fork onto the plate with a soft 'clang' as the cutlery comes in contact with the porcelain plate. Jeongguk then pushes the plate away from himself and stands up from his place, immediately walking out of the kitchen, ignoring the others as they try tell him not to just leave like that.

But there is a strange, unsettling feeling in the youth's stomach that tells him that something is not right. The feeling is so terribly unpleasant, Jeongguk feels sick to the core. He wants to solve it, to erase this feeling for once and for all. But there is a reason not to want to do so too. And while he nervously holds the locket in his hand and rubs the material with his thumb, Jeongguk instinctively already made the decision that he should find out just what exactly is wrong. And if it really does have something to do with his father— then he certainly will try everything in his might to help him out.

As he thinks so, Jeongguk's sight suddenly turns pitch black. It startles him greatly and the Nestling nearly tumbles backwards off the stairs, but he is able to grip onto the railing and stabilise himself before his eyes suddenly catch glimpse of a hospital.
Yes, a hospital. Jeongguk is surprised to be met with the sight— he can even smell the city and hear the background noises. Just what am I seeing? Just now, was I not walking up the stairs to my room?

It does not take long for the youth to recognize the building, suddenly realizing that he indeed has seen that hospital before. His eyes widen as he wants to take in more of the surrounding, turning his head to the left. But nothing happens; Jeongguk's eyes still see the hospital only.
He gasps when his eyes go near the building, almost as if he walks there himself. All he hears are footsteps and background noises, and soon is it the sound of a heavy, large door opening. The creaking was horribly loud and it hurt the Nestling's ears, it was obvious that this door had not been opened in a very long time!

Jeongguk's eyes saw everything that happened and he could feel the cold air, smell the rotten scents of whatever was inside. This hospital was abandoned, and Jeongguk then remembered just which hospital this was; his Mom used to take him there when he was sick and he once stayed there for a short while when he broke his leg. This hospital went bankrupt and thus needed to close.

"Na Ki-ha, I know you're here!"

Hearing the voice come from his own mouth, Jeongguk was so confused and surprised at once that his head started spinning. It was Yoongi's voice! This everything that he saw was what his father saw!
Jeongguk could not understand how it was possible and he surely felt surprised and curious about it, but knowing the whereabouts of his Dad was amazing.

"There's something I need your help with!"

After the feeling of relief faded, Jeongguk noticed the tone of worry and desperation in Yoongi's voice. His figure was shaking a little too, which was insane; Min Yoongi is a Vampire, coldness could not bother him?
He then felt something wet roll down his cheek— Yoongi was... crying!?

Another, unfamiliar voice then spoke up from somewhere in the building. It sounded to be far away still, and Yoongi picked up his pace as he heard it.

"With what? In all these twenty-two years have you never once looked for me. What could possibly be so important?"

Yoongi replied, running: "My son— something is not right!"

It was obvious that Yoongi was desperate. He was unable to tell the other right on just what was wrong, his mind focused on finding Na Ki-ha.

Jeongguk's confusion only gets worse hearing that. Just who was that guy? And why did Yoongi go to him to ask for help regarding Jeongguk's situation? It was all so strange.

"What is not right?"

This time, the voice is closer by as Yoongi keeps running forward. There is no characteristic scent to follow as he looks for this certain person, and so does he only have his hearing to navigate.

"He's hurt! Something is wrong with his heart! Help him! Please!"

Right then, Jeongguk's sight once again turns pitch black, the world around him fading as this happens.

□■□■□

"Dear God— let him be alright, let him be alright!"

"Shut up! You'll bring him headaches like this!"

"You are the one screaming!"

"Both of you, please be quiet! He just fell from the stairs and he hit his head— so of course will he have headaches."

Opening his eyes, Jeongguk is met with the sight of three of his five hyungs: Seokjin, Jimin and Taehyung. All three of them have worry written all over their face, eyes shining a faint Rose red in dread and worry. No traces of their earlier calmth are left and Jeongguk finds it almost scary just how much concern is flying around in their head.

"Jeonggukkie!" Taehyung exclaims in relief, fright still evident in his voice and eyes as he blurted out his words. "We were so worried! Are you alright? What happened!?"

"Shut up!" Seokjin tells him, smacking the back of Taehyung's head. "Minnie just said we should be quiet, so be quiet!"

Jeongguk however does not bother to pay them any attention. His head is aching and he feels dizzy, his body numb because of shock. Did I fall from the stairs? When did that happen?
Indeed, the youth cannot remember falling to the ground. His entire attention– all five his senses– it had been focused elsewhere.

"..."

Dad!

Jeongguk's eyes widened in realisation as he suddenly remembered what he has just seen. The Nestling was quick to react and forced his numb muscles to move. He shrieked however, because, fuck— that hurt! But for some reason he could not describe, Jeongguk needed to get up and go to that hospital!

"Ggukkie!" Jimin's reflexes were much quicker than his own, and in not even a second could Jeongguk feel a strong yet warm wave flowing through his body, paralyzing his muscles completely. The youth could not appreciate this and he wholeheartedly fought against it, but it was all in vain.

"Ggukkie, you're hurt!" Jimin reminded him. "You just fell from the stairs, baby. Can you remember what happened?" The Empath gently caressed the Nestling's cheek in hopes of calming down his panic. This worked, thankfully. But it ended up with the youngest of them in tears of frustration. I need to find my Dad! Something is wrong! Let me go! Although Jimin has not blocked his speech, Jeongguk still refused to speak.

"Why is he so frustrated?" Taehyung asked in confusion. "He fell from the stairs and suddenly wants to get up? He couldn't possibly be embarrassed, could he?"

"No, Tae Tae. That's not it." Seokjin's voice sounded a little distant compared to earlier, his eyes focused on Jeongguk's frustration solely.

"I've got ice!" Namjoon said as he walked up to the others. He crouched down beside Taehyung and handed Jimin the ice pack. "Gguk, are you okay? Why are you so—"

"Where's Hobi hyung!" Jimin exclaims, now less calm than earlier. "We need to treat that head wound first!"

"Coming! Here, here!"

The five of them managed to move Jeongguk to the couch and Jimin immediately went to treat the wound on his head. All the while he never stopped whispering soothing words and so now and then he spoke out words in a language no one could understand. Like that, he was able to treat Jeongguk's wound and the younger then finally calmed down somewhat. "See?" Jimin smiled at the Nestling, his eyes calm and warm. "You're good now, it's nothing."

It seems that the five had misunderstood Jeongguk's frustration. They thought that he was hurt, which he was, but it was not the reason of his frustration in the least.

Only Seokjin and Namjoon knew.

"D—Dad!"

"Eh?"

"T—Trouble! He's i—in tr—trouble!"

It was the first time in weeks that Jeongguk has dared to speak any word, and at first, the others were thrilled. But the words their youngest said were disturbing.

"Let me go! Let this stop!"

Seokjin was the first one to speak up then, focusing his eyes on the youth as he demanded his full attention, "you tell us what you're talking about first," he ordered. "Just now, you were thinking about Yoongi, a stranger and a hospital. What is going on?"

"Let me go first!"

"Talk, then I'll release you."

Jeongguk locked eyes with the Empath, his doubt as clear as water. "Really?"

"Really." Jimin nodded. He smiled and showed his hands. "I promise you that I'll release you after you told us."

To this, Jeongguk could not do anything but to cooperate. He forced himself to calm down and took some deep breaths before finding Seokjin's eyes. "I walked upstairs when my sight went black. Then a hospital appeared. It was as if I was there, but it wasn't me. It was Dad who was looking for someone, asking for his help. He sounded so desperate. Then my sight went black again and— here we are."

The room went silent for a little while.

"You... saw what he saw?" Namjoon asked.

"And heard. I also could smell everything and feel it. As if it was me there, but it wasn't me."

"Could this be something about that connection the two of you share?" Hoseok was only guessing, but the thought could be right. The five of them thought it over carefully, only until their youngest started complaining again; "Now, you promised to let me go!"

"Sorry, sorry!"

Jeongguk sighed in relief as he felt the numbness fade away, swinging his arms a bit in satisfaction. "Whatever it was— I feel that something is not right. We need to go look for him!"

"Do you happen to know which hospital it was?" Seokjin asked, standing up from his crouching position before the couch. His eyes locked with Jeongguk's, not even expecting a verbal answer. He then nodded once and tapped Namjoon on the shoulder. "I know where that is. We'll go take a look and you stay here. Understood?"

Jeongguk wanted to refuse. He was too worried to stay behind! But he trusted Seokjin and Namjoon, they would definitely do as they say and look for Yoongi. And so, the youth could only nod as the two older Vampires walked out the house.

■■■■

We shouldn't forget about that connection, of course😂

Liz

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

35.1K 2.1K 28
{COMPLETED} park jimin is the vampire prince, his father is the most powerful vampire to ever walk the earth-until jimin takes over as king jimin ha...
11.9K 660 13
What's the shape of your being? No one was supposed to know, some secrets were meant to stay hidden until the end of time. A human? A vampire? A wer...
23K 1.1K 44
„Werewolves don't exist." „But what if I was one?" „Huh?" ࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏ Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jeongguk definitely aren't...
611 409 51
A young man who was a sunshine and bubbly person. Had a childhood friend and live with his dearest family. But his life changed when the cruellest va...