His Rejected 'Queen'.

By Marie_Curia

Iris Black is a strong, smart, logical, sweet 21 years old girl with new life and name. Her real name is Dian... More

Author's Note!
Introduction.
Queen Made From Courage.
Still Exists...
"Welcome" To The Palace...
In Confusion...
All About 'Her'...
Dreams VS Reality...
In Tension For Her...
Desperation For 'Two'...
A Queen Never Bows...
Too "Close"...
She Is Diana...
In 'Pain'...
Tension...
Truths & Regrettings...
Anything For Her...
"Already 'Inside' You..."
"You Are Mine...", Part I.
"You Are Mine...", Part II.
Triggering The Beast...
"One Last Chance..."
Contract, Jealously, Challenge.
'Her Royal Highness'.
"I Belong To You!"
Trust, Closeness, Nightmares.
"You Are My Queen!"
Insecurities, Passion, Rogues.
Worries, Feelings And Roses.
Earned It!
"Good Team!"
The Woman That Stole His Heart!
"With Me!"
"Important To Me!"
Reveals And Memories!
Together!
Tree Of Life!
Allies And Enemies!
There Is Love!
Enemies And Guardians.
Royal Birthday...
Queen's Battle!
The True King!
"With You!"
"I Love You!"
Family Conflicts...
Real Family's Love!
"Till Death!"
Strong Man!
"He Is My Home!"
"We Are One!"
Love And Sudden Problems.
Overshadowed Happiness...
To Northern Alaska!
Tensions And Instincts.
Stormy...
Reveals, Realizations And Shocks.
Her Truth.
One Breath Away.
Author's Note: Sharing Few Things.
Howls And Gunshot.
It's Now Or... Never!
What Everyone Deserves...
Back To 'Life'!
Moving On With... Reveals.
The Two Extremes.
No More Secrets!

Facing Death.

1.1K 48 4
By Marie_Curia

Truth is sharp like a knife, dangerous like a bullet and unpredictable like insanity, only brave can stand it and it can lead to death.

~ just some time ago, Albert and Stacy's house~

Mila's pov

I don't understand how or when Lucas stops crashing my head on the floor due to the unbearable level of pain, which makes me dizzy, but once he does I make my best to lift my head up, open my eyes and search for Nikki.

The gunshot keeps on ringing in my ears, even though I think that it has been few seconds since I listened to it and my heart has paralyzed from fear about her...

About Nikki!

"YOU BITCH!" Lucas roars, making my skin shudder and Mason screams from anger and...

Fear!?

I blink my eyes, struggling to get on my knees, and the first think I see is blood, my blood everywhere on the wooden floor. The sharp glass' pieces must have cut my flesh, but I don't have time to think about myself right now. Nikki needs me the most!

With her thought bombarding my mind, I manage to get motivated enough and I lift my head just on time. I see Lucas rushing to help Mason against Nikki, who is on top of him, but the worst part hasn't come... There is a knife between them and they fight for it with great mania.

"YOU. ARE. ALREADY. DEAD! DEAD!" Mason growls through his teeth, but Nikki doesn't seem affected, she is in her own world, she is extremely concentrated.

She has it on her right hand, but Mason holds her wrist tightly and tries to change the blade's direction and drive it into her chest and they hold each other's neck with their other free hand.

It looks that Nikki prevented Mason from shooting me with success and jumped on him the best moment. I can see the gun nowhere due to the furniture, but I mustn't lose time by thinking where it is.

Nikki needs my help against Mason and Lucas, who is now less than two meters away from them.

I stand up like a flash, a God knows how, ignoring the weakness I feel and run after Lucas. My heart starts beating again, my adrenaline reaches its peak and my wolf howls furiously, asking from me to get to her immediately, but Lucas is an obstacle. I have to get rid of him in any way there is. I reach too close behind him in no time and I prepare myself to jump on his back before he touches Nikki, who keeps on fighting Mason for the knife with an impressive strength, courage and braveness, when an idea pops in my mind.

"Don't rush so much!" I shout unconsciously, but he ignores me, in fact I don't think he listens to me, he is focused on Nikki.

My gaze lands on the small carpet under his feet and I decide to make a 'dive'. I fall down abruptly, extend both of my hands and grab the carpet's corner. Next I pull it back, towards me with every sign of strength I have been left with and I greet my teeth, ready for the asshole's violent downfall, which doesn't need more than a second to take place.

He falls on me like a stone, but I'm already on my knees and my body doesn't get shaken from his weight. I feel no pain this time, even though he is a massive, tall beast, and I lift my main body up, making him fall behind.

He collapses on the floor groaning, and I lock my eyes on Nikki and Mason while putting efforts to catch my breath. Nikki is still on top of him, unaffected from Lucas' threat, but Mason pushes her away from him by pressing her neck. The knife in her hand stops being as stable as before, since she has lost her breath because of Mason's pressure, and I scream her name horrified.

One second and she could...

"NO!" I exclaim, getting on my feet again, and Nikki gasps, loses her balance and lands on the floor with Mason jumping above her.

I observe the knife's blade changing its direction with its sharp top pointing Nikki's chest, and I lose the time's sense.

I lose myself and communication with my wolf, horror deluges me and I don't realize when I grab a quite heavy vase from the table too close to me and attack Mason with one very specific target, his head.

He freezes, when he catches me with the corner of his eye, and Nikki finds the opportunity to stop him before he pushes the knife closer to her. He doesn't escapes my attack, as the vase breaks milliseconds after I crash it on his head and his body meets the floor with a loud, full of pain cry leaving from his lips, before I close and open my eyes again.

I gasp shocked, stumbling and running my hands through my messy, long hair, and look straight into Nikki's expressive eyes.

The emotions I distinguish in them strike my heart with a redeeming kind of pain. I realize how brave she is and knowing all of her reasons overwhelms me, because I see someone I used to know inside her. I see... Me!

She reminds me of myself that night. The night I tried to run away pregnant to Diana, with Aiden in my arms, and Morana appeared out of nowhere and threatened me by almost killing Aiden.

That night... I have no idea how I made it. I guess it was my instinct that helped me, I had to save Aiden and keep Diana safe inside me. I did anything I could for that and I made it, and so did Nikki, but there is a difference between us.

Nikki isn't me, she doesn't have only her baby to fight for. She has everybody else. She fights for Diana, Aiden, Alice, everyone... Even me! It's the first time she wants to kill someone and this happens because of us. She wants to bring justice... She has a pure heart and I am a monster, especially in front of her. I mean... I didn't make it, I failed, I didn't keep my kids safe, I have been hurting them since that night, I've done nothing good to them and this is never, ever going to change, so I have to...

"Are you alright, Mila?"

Her questions shakes me, pulls me closer to present and away from that hell of night. I nod weakly and exhale heavily. Her worry for me brings tears in my eyes, but I deny 'breaking' now, I force myself to remain strong until it is over.

"I am. Are you hurt?" I whisper terrified about her answer, but she shakes her head in denial and eases the intense feeling of terror.

My lower back touches one chair's head and prevents me from stepping backwards from once more, giving me some support and Nikki takes a deep, very sharp, brief breath without breaking eye contact with me.

She sits up in hurry, still not realizing what happened or what could take place, if I was late for even one more moment and then places her left hand on her stomach. She is still holding the knife with her right hand, thanks Goddess for how strong she is, and I make two steps in order to help her stand up.

Mason is still lying on the floor, barely moving while the top of his head is bleeding from my hit, but Lucas is trying to stand up again and we stay alerted. Nikki joins my side, tightens her hold around the knife and I step forward with my hands turning into fists.

If you only knew how much I hate this monster...

I make two very big steps when he makes it and stands up not so appropriately, reaching in front of him, and then I punch him, taking advantage of his dizziness, and he stumbles, cursing through his teeth. Nikki takes her turn and kicks him on his stomach with power, next raises her right hand with the knife, but then she stops, she doesn't continue.

She is incapable of killing!

I should have imagined it, she isn't born to kill, she can't do this. I had to take more seriously what she told me, I mean about her changing her mind completely when she saw that young girl dying in her arms that catalytic night. Now that I'm thinking about it, I can say for sure that that night didn't change Nikki's mind, it showed her who she really is.

And yes, she can't kill him, but I can and I will.

I'll kill him!

Lucas comes to his senses, probably feeling the danger, and his glare lands on Nikki's hand. He growls furiously with his eyes getting almost black and his body trembling and getting ready to shift, and I step in front of Nikki, who is motionless and pale.

He tries to punch me, but I'm faster than him, I have predicted this move of his and I block him, then kick him with power and in the end give him another kick and a push, sending him with great force straight on Albert's library full of books.

A loud bang follows the intense collision and the library collapses on Lucas with some books falling on him and some others getting scattered everywhere around. The massive furniture buries him completely under its surface and it gives Nikki and me a short, necessary break.

I turn to her just to see her trembling and leaving her right hand fall back down. The knife slips from her hand and meets the floor while I place both of my hands on her arms and give a quick look at Mason to make sure that he is still down, as Lucas won't be a problem for us, at least for a while.

"I couldn't, I don't know why... I just couldn't." She mutters apologetically, ready to cry and putting efforts to breathe, and I nod in understanding.

"It's okay. We have to go..." I whisper, not wanting Mason listen to us, and she signs in agreement.

"And I have to check on your cuts. You are bleeding." She states and takes my hand in hers quite gently.

Her words remind me that my face is filled with cuts and my I smell my blood for the first time since I started bleeding. I look at my hands that are dirty, see the almost dried blood and Nikki begins to walk towards the door, pulling me behind her.

I lock my eyes on Mason, who is now moving and tries to get on his knees too close to the door and Nikki speeds up. A voice inside me shouts in agony, warning me about something, but my wolf decides to make her presence more intense in my mind and begins to push me, demanding from me full control.

She wants to kill Mason and so do I, but I'm too shocked yet and my duty to take Nikki away from here stops me. I think that I behave like a robot, not like the old Mila I knew, the fighter, the 'heartless' bitch they all have been talking about.

"If we don't put the end, Mila.... I'll chase..." he begins to say threateningly when we are almost at the door and this become the last threaten I receive.

My wolf stops being patient with me, stops respecting me and I lose control, getting trapped in my own mind before I try to resist.

She gets free from Nikki's hold, stops walking and turns our body towards Mason, who is standing up slowly, not that strong anymore, but devastated and broken.

I scream to her that we have to take Nikki and the others out of here, but she ignores me. Her hatred for him can't be compared to anything else, she was living for this moment and she won't change her mind no matter what. She owes it to Aiden and Diana, that's what she believes, she needs them safe, our pups are her world.

"And now Mason Rollins..." she states hoarsely without breathing or moving, just by standing about a meter from him and staring at him in the eyes while Nikki is about to pull her out.

"I'll put the end, YOUR END!"

Nikki's pov

When those heavy words leave from her lips, Mason surprises me, but not in the way I thought he would.

He turns around and rushes towards the stairs leaving me speechless.

He is running away?!

I mean... He was so sure about himself, he could shift, attack Mila and me, fight us, kill us, but he chooses to run?!

Mila's wolf, which is in control, runs after him before I stop her and I look outside in hurry. I spot Albert and Stacy trying to get on the ground, they haven't made it yet and I curse unconsciously when I put the all puzzle's pieces together.

Mason smelled them!

"He did it purposely, Nikki! He wants to earn some time, he is playing!" Natalia shouts and I snap my head to him and Mila, who run up the stairs.

"FUCK! NO, STOP!" I yell and start running after them.

Of course it's a trick. Who knows what else he has in his dirty mind?!

Maybe he wants to have the hand above, he could use the height for his advantage and he drifts us upstairs to achieve this goal.

Damn it, this is so wrong! It's a true disaster!

We should have gotten out already. I would lock them in the house, I would stay back to make sure that they wouldn't get out, but Mila, I mean her wolf had her own plans and the worst thing is that I can't blame her for wanting the bastard dead.

"You are going nowhere!" she roars while grabbing his one leg with her two hands.

Mason screams like a wounded, trapped animal and falls down, but I can't feel relieved. I am few stairs from Mila, when he turns and kicks her backwards with both of his legs. She loses her balance, not expecting this move from him, but I'm fully prepared to hold her and prevent both of us from falling down the stairs.

"I'll send your pieces to them!" Mason states quickly, with determination and a displeasing full of hatred expression, and stands up just to jump on us and give shape to my thoughts and worries.

He never wanted to hurt Albert or Stacy, he knew that it would be easy to make us follow him and now he materializes his plan.

"MILA, DOWN!" I yell in alert and hurry to push her forward and then bend down, avoiding Mason, who 'flies' above us and gets crashed on the last stairs.

I sigh more relieved and grateful than ever for my speed and nerve to think like that and save both of us even the last moment, and stand up slowly. Mila's wolf is still in lead, as we exchange a brief look and her eyes are still black, and mine perks her ears and groans.

She is mad at her, not Mila, but her wolf. She doesn't agree with what she did, or better tried to do. She thinks that we have to go the sooner and we can't face them alone, as it's not safe and let's not forget that Daniel and the guys are almost here and Mason with Lucas has nowhere to go.

"Nikki, we made it. I'm getting the car out. Come!" Albert tells me through our link and I grab Mila's hand tightly while giving her a hard look.

"Let's go! Forget about killing him now. We'll catch them soon." I state, unwilling of dealing with a possible denial from her.

Fortunately, she nods and doesn't hesitate to follow me outside. In our way to the door we pass by Mason, who is about to pass out, since his violent fall has extended the bleeding on his head, but we don't slow down. Before we go, we check on Lucas, who is struggling to set himself free from the heavy libraby, and when we are at the door, I motion to Mila to get out first. She does so and I follow her, but before that I take the door's keys from a small shelf next the door.

Afterwards, I walk out and close the door, but I don't stop there, I also lock it. The reason I do this is simple, I want to make it difficult for them to get out and run after us. Alright, I know that it's not a big deal for them, they can easily break it or even get out from a window, but I have to take my measures in any case.

"Move! We must leave!" Albert shouts from the car, while he turns the key, but the fucking car doesn't get turn on.

DAMN IT!

"Are you kidding me?" Stacy exclaims panicked and I run to them right behind Mila.

Prefect, this is the last thing we need, I mean.... What a great, fucking luck!

If we don't achieve to turn it on, we are done. We will have to fight Mason and Lucas until the others come to us, because shifting and running away from them won't really help.

"But it'll give us the time we need!" Natalia says, reading my thoughts, and I groan without replying.

I admit she has a point, but I'm not optimistic. I'm fast, I can do it until the others come to help us, but what about Mila, Albert and Stacy?

Stacy is too young, her wolf's abilities aren't on their peak and the same goes for Albert's wolf as well. Don't ask me why or even doubt me, remember that I know him very well. They will catch him in no time, and then it's Mila for whom I have no idea what to say. It's complicated when it comes to her, because she is tough and I just saw it, but she has been through a lot and her full powers haven't gotten to her yet, she needs time.

"Stacy, get in the driver's seat immediately. You'll drive, you are very good." Albert orders her shortly while he jumps out and runs to the back of the car.

"Have you lost your mind?" she asks him trembling and he groans, motioning to me and Mila to join him.

"No. Turn on the car and then press the pas pedal. We'll push the car!" he explains and gets ready to push with us mimicking him.

"Do it!" I shout few seconds later when I realize that she hesitates way too much and we are losing very useful time.

"You can make it!" Mila encourages her and fortunately she seems to convince her, because Stacy's expression turns into a more serious and mature one, she gets determined and confident.

She pops inside and turns the car on almost immediately. She presses the gas' petal and shakes her left hand for us to start pushing and we begin in union.

The fact that our shoes stick in the fucking mud doesn't make it easy for us at all, but we keep on pushing and pushing. I press my lips together, thinking of my little baby, and I release more strength I didn't know I had.

It feels like forever until the car's machine 'wakes up' and makes us the favor and I exhale in relief. I have no idea what I would do, if our tries failed, I mean it.

"Great. Get in!" I say while the car moves with a very slow speed, so we can reach it, but my hopes for escaping fade for once more.

The house's door breaks very quickly when we have just started running behind the car and I turn my head back to see Mason raising both of his hands and aiming us with his gun. My heartbeat rises as I observe him changing his mind and aiming all of us with the queue, but it doesn't take him long to decide whom he wants to kill and this one is...

ME!

I think that everything around me disappears and I want to stop running, turn back, shift and rip his throat out, but something doesn't allow me to do so. Natalia shouts at me to keep on running, my baby's thought captures my mind and the only thing I see becomes Mason with the gun, especially its trigger, which doesn't get late to get pressured from Mason.

I close my eyes from the loud gunshot and stop running unconsciously, waiting to feel the pain's wave, but nothing comes, no pain...

I think I hear a creepy noise for somewhere extremely close to me, the car stops moving and Albert screams forcing me to open my eyes, but once I do I come facing the most heartbreaking scene I've ever imagined.

Mila is lying less than two meters from me, face down, with her back bleeding, and it instantly hits me.

She got in the middle and took the bullet instead of me. Mason shot her with silver bullet!

I fall on my knees with my eyes locked on her and lean forward, but don't manage to touch her. She moves slightly, murmuring few things I can't understand and lifts her head up, just a little bit so that our eyes meet. Her wolf is gone...

She gives me an angelic smile and I narrow my eyes, not wanting to start crying, although my heart feels like it, since she breaks in two. My skin turns cold, Natalia howls murmuring for Mila like she is already gone and I start trembling uncontrollably.

"Tell them I've always loved them..." I read her lips begging me and a sob escapes me.

I whisper her name, unwilling of accepting this end for her or that it's truly happening when Mason's heartbroken cry brings me back to reality, making me understand that this isn't a dream, and I discover an unknown part of me, a dark one which needs blood, death.

All I see now is red and everything happens naturally.

My bones start breaking, my clothes get torn into pieces and I shift like a flash. Natalia's paws touch the wet grass and I leave out the loudest howl I've ever left, still in lead, letting Mason know about my intentions, even though he is crying intensively for Mila.

He shot her and now he cries like he cares about her, but that's enough. I'm done being kind, generous, soft and full of understanding and I become...

DEATH HIMSELF!

~some minutes later~

Diana's pov

I break outside the van with aching heart, after Daniel, and lose the ground under my feet from her view.

Many noises and voices ring in my head, but I listen to nothing. Many run and move around me, but I see nobody. Many scents hit my nose, but only one fills my lungs... Hers!

I knew it, I sensed that she had gotten shot from him!

And now there she is, lying on the wet ground, pale like a sheet, motionless, lifeless, with her beautiful face covered with cuts, blood and mud, her long, brunette hair half wet from her blood and moisture, her clothes covered with blood and dirt and... Her back bleeding.

No, it can't be happening!

"MOM!" I cry out and storm to her, passing by Daniel, my dad, Jonathan, the guys, Robert, the nurses, rest of doctors, the trackers and fighters, every I see in front of me, except my brother.

He denies approaching her and stands in front of the van of ours. He doesn't want her, he still hates her, he wants her...

Dead.

"Mila! What happened to her?" Daniel shouts one step behind me, addressed to Albert, Nikki's old, best friend, the doctor.

Yes, I know him, but he doesn't matter me at all now. What matters me is my mom, who is lying next to him and receives his first aids, he is trying to save her. On the other side from my mother is a young girl, I suppose she is Stacy, his one and only sister, who helps him, but Nikki is nowhere to be seen, neither Mason, nor Lucas.

"Where is Nikki?" Landon screams panicked, when I and Daniel finally reach my mother and kneel on her side abruptly with everyone getting surround us.

"We were about to get in the car and leave when Mason managed to get out. He was aiming Nikki, but Mila got in front of her. She wanted to protect her!" Albert explains and I bring my hands on my lips.

I bite my lower lip, fighting to not cry, but I lose the battle immediately. I break into sobs when I get pulled in Daniel's arms, and Destiny paralyzes completely in my mind.

"What?" I suppose Jonathan exclaims and Daniel tightens his hold around me.

"And where is Nikki with Mason and Lucas?" it's my father's turn to ask, although his voice has nothing to do with the one I know since forever.

It's like it has transformed, it's not even like his wolf's, it's something wilder, deadly.

"Nikki lost it, shifted and attacked Mason, but then Lucas came out and..." Stacy replies this time and all of us jump up.

Even I overpass the pain. Nikki? No, not her!

"TALK!" Landon growls outraged and ready to attack them, only one step away from shifting, forcing them to continue.

"She was unstoppable, she was fighting against both of them and... Mason stepped back and run away. Only Lucas stayed, but Nikki took him away. She wanted to give me time to help poor Mila." Albert says as fast as he can and by the time he is done Landon shifts and rushes towards the direction Nikki took with Lucas, following her still intense scent.

"Parker, Thomas and uncle Robert, go with him, don't lose him for any reason and make sure Nikki is safe and Lucas dies. Take some fighters, trackers and nurses." Daniel commands, loosening his hold around me, letting me know what he is up to.

The King is always here and ready for everything!

"And I take Mason!" my father announces and does the same thing Landon did before any of us reacts.

"DAD!" I shout terrified about losing him too, but Daniel moves his hands on my shoulders, I look at him and calm down immediately, knowing that he won't leave him alone.

"Hunter, my father and I go with Gideon. The rest stay here with Diana. Aiden, you stay too. Mila needs you. And you..." he says firmly looking at all of us while mentioning our names and in the end stops at Albert.

"Save Mila's life!"

~some time later, somewhere deep in the forest~

Daniel's pov

"I can't believe he did this to us, seriously!" Hunter says frustrated, in a high tone through our link and I groan, agreeing somehow with him.

I mean he is right. Gideon made our life much more difficult than it already was, because of his hatred and rage for Mason. He left, catching all of us off guard, became smoke and we can't reach him. Even I, who I'm supposed to be the fastest werewolf there is, can't get close to him, but I'm aware of the reason. Gideon has surpassed himself, he doesn't feel or think anymore.

All he wants is to kill Mason, make sure that he won't approach or hurt firstly Diana and then everyone else and send him to hell. He has personal matters with Mason, they are eternal enemies.

Can I blame him for feeling responsible for this goal?

No, I can't and won't. In fact, I want him to kill Mason and I won't try to stop him or interfere somehow. I will just help him and be certain that nothing will happen to him, if Mason decides to play dirty. I, my father and Hunter will have his back until the end.

I respect his will, I admire his determination and braveness, I want him to have this honor and I will do anything to help him. This man is going to be a legend one day, I assure you about it and there is no doubt that he'll definitely become one.

The way he loved Diana is the most impressive thing I have ever seen. His heart is made from gold, his love knows no limits, there are no obstacles for him, no dangers or fear. Gideon is unique and special and it's an honor, for me to have him as my second father and for everyone for having met him.

His wish is life's purpose for me, an order and the same thing happens with Diana.

"All he thinks about is Mason. There is nothing else for him until he rips his heart out." My father says quite calmly, mostly referring to Hunter's dissatisfaction.

Another thing is his behavior, it's weird and at the same time very surprising the fact that there isn't a single sign of anger in his heart. I always knew that my father is an amazing King with many kinds of graces, but his ability to remain calm in times like this one is just...

Mind blowing!

"I know, but he doesn't slow down. We've got Mason. He can't run away from us anymore thanks to Nikki!" Hunter commends, meaning the big drops of blood Mason leaves behind him and I smirk, pleased with my trust on Nikki, the most sudden surprise.

You see, it looks like I found out about Nikki's past in the best and most blessed way there is. Like it was a gift sent straight from the Goddess. If I didn't know that she was about to become an official underground fighter, I would be the first one after Landon that would freak out, but things happened differently.

You can't imagine how glad I am that Nikki proved to be that strong and well trained. She is the reason we found Mila and she hasn't died yet, despite the fact that she is now fighting to stay in life, she harmed Mason heavily and we are about to catch him and Lucas Lambert. She made it on her own, although she is pregnant and I'm worried sick about her, but at the same time I have so much trust and faith on her that I'm confident and optimistic.

I believe that she will be alright and Landon with the others will find her safe and sound.

Do you believe that she nearly killed Mason?

The amount of blood he leaves behind him is way too big, I'd be impressed, if he hasn't died already due to its loss. It's a great question how he has made it until now. He has gone way too far from Albert's house.

"Can you tell me how this girl found such courage? She isn't trained or experienced." My father says obviously stunned.

I would like to tell him why and give an answer to his query, but I can't betray Nikki's secret. I gave a promise to myself and I won't break it. Nikki told nobody about it, because she had reasons to. I can't talk either. I will, only if she ever gives me her permission to do so and she tells me the seasons she kept this secret from everyone.

"She is a doctor, father. This is more than enough for you in order to come to a conclusion as for how she did it. She faces death every day." I say, doing my best to be convincing and I give him a quick look.

Fortunately, he doesn't protest, which means that he finds my words logical. He is very clever and I was scared for a moment, as he knows me too well and he could understand I'm lying to him with 'cheap' excuses.

"Daniel has a point, Jonathan. We shouldn't get surprised with Nikki, but with that asshole!" Hunter speaks up with bitterness and I guess you know to whom he is referring.

"I disagree. He is the devil himself. You shouldn't forget of it for your own safety. Don't underestimate him!" my father scolds him and turns to give us a warning look while we keep on running, following Gideon and Mason.

"I suppose you are right. There is no other explanation about how he run away..." I state while I narrow my eyes, since I think I see...

Yeah, it is him. He has stopped running and right now he smells something on the ground and lifts his head slowly up to smell the air.

"He is there!" I shout relieved and it looks like he senses my eyes on him, because he turns to us and doesn't start running again.

"Gideon! Don't leave again." Hunter begs him while I speed up to get to him sooner.

No, he can't leave again, I won't let him.

"He must be somewhere close. The small lake of blood over here is fresh and I suppose he stopped for a while. Come and see!" he says, ignoring what Hunter asked from him, and Devon, who isn't in control, shows me teeth getting ready for the big finale of Mason.

We slow down after few seconds, in the middle of a small glade, in the heart of the dense forest I stare the red lake of blood inquisitively. The smell is very strong, the blood hasn't begun to dry yet and Gideon's theory sounds right.

"He is very tired and weak." My dad murmurs and I groan positively.

"Great then! Let's find the asshole, kill him and go back to the others. Diana and Aiden need us and maybe we should try to find Landon, Nikki and the guys first." Hunter says thoughtfully in the end and I am about to agree, but Gideon's sudden, loud, angry growl stops me.

I lock my eyes on his and make a small step back, trying to read what's in his mind, but I fail. His expression reveals rage and nothing else, but I don't get what Hunter said and triggered him. I am sure he wants to kill Mason and then find Nikki. Mila's life doesn't matter him that much, let's be realistic about it, he doesn't want her.

I am confused!

"Nobody kills Mason! Nobody! Am I clear? He lives, for now... Until I say so." He orders strictly and I blink my eyes absolutely shocked.

My ears are mistaken, he can't have said what I think he did, it's... Insane!

"Huh? I didn't hear correctly. You want to say..." Hunter begins to say in the same state of mind I am, but Gideon snaps his head to him ready to bite him, and Hunter pulls back.

"You won't kill him!"

"But Gideon, what changed? You wanted to..." my father starts saying, but for one more time Gideon turns to him and his piercing gaze stops him before he says more.

"I know what I wanted, Jonathan! This hasn't changed, but he can't die yet. You won't touch him, okay?" Gideon repeats louder than before and his flaming eyes find mine.

"Daniel, I want you to promise me. I trust you!" he tells me like he is hanging from my lips and something in my heart whimpers to give my permission and support his weird decision.

I can't deny, can I?

I meant what I said a while ago, so there is no way I do anything else. What Gideon wants, goes, even if I'm opposite with it and I understand nothing.

"I give you my word. You will decide it." I state defeated and he nods with respect and gratefulness.

"So..." I continue, wanting to prevent any possible question from Hunter, who is more troubled than ever.

"We will circle him and we have to get separated. I will run and go from his right, Hunter, you will run and get on his left. You, father, will go slower, so you end up on the back and left from him, and Gideon back and right. Let him know we are around him." I explain and all of them nod positively.

"And just to mention something important. There must be a cliff too close. I saw the map of the region." Hunter informs us and I relax a little bit, thinking that this helps us a lot.

It will be easier for us to trap him.

"Very well. We begin and we communicate through our link. If you see him, tell me!" I command and with this, we start running to the different direction I told them to.

And just like that, the hunt is on!

~some minutes later, somewhere close~

"It's impossible for him to be so stupid. I'm telling you, he is up to something!" my dad warns us and I shake my head in confusion, without taking my eyes from him.

Mason is standing on the edge of the cliff in his human wolf, dressed in a pair of jeans and I have to say that his condition is dramatic. Nikki has ripped the flesh on his chest, shoulders and arms and his wounds and cuts are so extended that they can't get healed like the usual, not to mention that he is barely standing on his feet.

It's a miracle he is still alive, just unbelievably, honestly.

"Do you see him too, Hunt?" I ask breathless and he growls, letting me know that he does.

Perfect, all of us are on our places and Mason is trapped.

I am on his right, Gideon is on his back and right, guarding him with my father, who is on his back and left, and Hunter is right opposite of me and next to my father, on his left. Mason has nowhere else to go, since the cliff stops him.

"Maybe Jonathan is right. He has certainly smelled us, he saw the cliff, he could try to escape before we come, but he did not." Gideon says confused yet frustrated and Devon shakes his head to me, taking Gideon's side.

Well... It has a base, but he is too weak. His body has betrayed him, he has no energy left.

"Insane creature doesn't count on their body. His mind feeds him. He feels nothing, Daniel!" he commends and I roll my eyes.

"And a paranoid mind like his is never predictable. He might gave up." I hiss back, but he doesn't even want to reply.

I don't know what to say or suppose anymore. This man is a true riddle, but I believe what I said. We never know for sure how he exactly thinks.

"Don't you think we have to make our appearance? I am tired of staying hidden!" Hunter asks running out of patience, which finds me agree.

The sooner he sees us, the better of us, not that he hasn't taken our scent like Gideon said. We are less than fifty meters from him, he has to listen to us as well.

"Okay. I go first. I want him to face me!" Gideon announces, without accepting a forbiddance from me, and I lean forward, ready to make my appearance through the woods.

I hold my breath, feeling my heartbeat getting off control, while Gideon makes the huge step and appears right opposite of Mason, who doesn't look scared, worried or even surprised.

Instead of anything else, he smirks at Gideon's big wolf and a low laughter leaves his lips and echoes in the silent forest.

What's wrong?

"Gideon Black... Brave enough to get out first. I guess the next one will be Daniel, right? Then Jonathan and... Hunter!" he shouts steadily, in an ironic way I can't even commend, since his words have shaken me too much.

He knows? How the hell?

"But stupid enough to think that I'm a fool!" Mason says next, continuing talking about Gideon, who howls doing his best to not attack him.

"This man is a devil. Jonathan was right! How did he fucking know?" Hunter murmurs under his breath and gulps.

"I was always one long step in front of you, all. It was all of you, who were never in the game. You are idiots and now you want to have the pleasure of killing me, but you are wrong, just for one more time, but not the last one!" he continues with confidence, giving me an even harder time to understand what he means, and makes a step back, getting to the cliff's edge.

There is no way he... No, he is a coward!

"Diana was and will never be your daughter, Black, because my blood runs in her veins. She will always be a Rollins, her daddy's little girl. I have made you the favor of allowing you to have her. You owe me, just like Daniel owes me for not killing her when I had the chance." He keeps on saying, pushing my buttons and making me jump out, on the light.

He has taken it way too far, I can't hold back, I want to...

NO! I won't do this to Gideon, I promised to him.

"Daniel... It's good to see at last. Enjoy it, son. Enjoy it as long as I want you to, because we will never be over until I decide it. I'll always be here, you can't get rid of me, this is just warm-up. Kiss Diana for me, tell her that daddy loves her, and you, Gideon..." he pauses and takes his eyes from me to look back at Gideon, while my father and Hunter are done and walk out.

How much patience do I have to show? How has it come and Gideon hasn't attacked him yet?

He talked about Diana, he threatened us clearly, he plays with our mind and Gideon does absolutely nothing?!

"Have your eyes open for me and tell something to Mila... Tell her that..." he says challengingly, with no sign of shame and takes one last step, making to us clear what he is up to.

I can't believe it!

No, that wasn't the plan, the man is insane, paranoid.

"I'll come back for her!" he ends and then, before we do anything in order to stop him, he...

JUMPS!

~in the meanwhile, few kilometers away, Albert's house~

Diana's pov

"Please tell me that it really works and she will make it!" I beg him and press the cotton's piece with more power against the inside part of my elbow.

I deny taking my eyes from her all this time, I can't stop looking at her and I do my best to stay strong and not cry, but it's hard. She doesn't breathe on her own and that's why Albert and the rest of the doctors chose to ventilate her. She doesn't move or react, her heartbeat is so low that they can barely sensed him and she is so pale and frozen that many would suppose that she isn't alive anymore.

I just gave blood for her and insisted on giving bigger amount, but they didn't accept it and the problem is that she needs more and well... Aiden... He denies giving her blood!

It can't be true. My brother doesn't want to help me save our own mother. I thought he would help me like he promised me some days ago, after our fight, but I was wrong.

Aiden hates her with all his heart and he abandons me as well like this. He knows how much I want to help her, but he doesn't give a shit. He behaves like I am his enemy, because I want to help her and then ask her the real reason behind everything she has done.

Even Destiny is devastated and desperate and wants to open his empty had in two. She can't understand why he lied or why he came.

"Diana, I don't know what to say. Her condition is crucial. She needs blood immediately. The silver is everywhere in her body, your blood isn't enough and the bags of blood you brought with you won't be any big help. Not all of them match with her team and... She has been through a lot lately. I'm sincerely sorry." Albert says, avoiding looking at me, and I turn to the other doctors immediately, in despair for a different answer.

She can't die on me.

"Only your brother could help, Your Royal Highness, but he doesn't want to. There is nothing..." the one of them, the bravest says and I see red in a flash.

The traitor dies or gives blood! I'm sick of him, he can't do this to me and turn his back on me, I am his sister and we are talking about our mom!

I storm outside the medical van, where we took my mother once Daniel and the others left, not caring about the fact that I feel dizzy from exhaustion, fear and the blood's loss, and pass some of the fighters, trackers and nurses.

I walk quickly towards Albert's house, where my stupid brother is and I glare everyone, warning them in my way to stay the hell away from the house no matter what they hear us saying. I don't need protection and support from everyone, and do you know what?

Aiden will obey me and give blood for my mother, because I am his damn Queen and I become a bitch when it comes to my family, and Mila is my only mother. I won't let her die.

I get in the house, since the door is completely broken and find him with Stacy, who is still very upset and trembles. Our gazes meet before I speak and the way he freezes is like he knows the reason I am here, what I want and how I feel.

"Aiden Rollins, get your ass and follow me. Your mother..." I start, fuming from wrath and using my most imposing and furious tone, but this doesn't work on him, because he is my fucking brother.

"She isn't my mother and stop bossing me around, Diana. I can't, okay? I thought I could, but when I saw her, I remembered everything we have suffered because of her and I changed my mind!" he roars and kicks a small table with rage.

Yes, sure, I believe you...

"She is, she gave birth to you and me..."

"And then she made our life a living hell, she had been killing us every, single day. I can't forget! I hate her, the end!" he cuts me off even wilder than before and my hands turn into shaking fist, while Destiny starts fighting me.

I don't know how I'm going to stop her from shifting and giving his ass a lesson to remember.

"Let her die. She never cared for us. Never, Diana!" he adds unable of breathing and I approach him more, but Stacy gets between us with no warning and her eyes shine.

What is going on now? What happened to her all of the blue? Has she lost her mind too?

"She had been saving your lives from the first moment." She states before we speak and my eyes widen, like Aiden's, who stumbles and gasps.

"You can't hate her. It's not fair for her. She has done nothing, but giving her life for you. She has been dying every day, but she had no choice. She told us absolutely everything." She says next and turns to Aiden that is speechless.

My feelings came true, again?!

"Morana was blackmailing her for years, Aiden! Your mother learned about Diana's identity and tried to run away while she was still pregnant to her and had you in her arms, but Morana got in her way and then..."

"Then what?" Aiden whispers with few tears building up and his eyes becoming blurry, wet.

"She tried to kill you and Mila couldn't choose between yours and Diana's life. Do you understand now? She always loved you and she was keeping you safe in the hardest way, because she was alone." Stacy responds and I start crying, putting the pieces together.

She knew Mason so well... She was on our side the whole time and we left her alone with that maniac, we never got in her place.

"She saved your life and my life countless times." I say almost from inside me and he hides his face with his hands, before our eyes meet.

"Now you know the truth, even without details. I swear I'm not lying, guys." Stacy whispers nervously and I give her a timid, grateful smile.

Aiden runs his hands through his hair and finds the strength to look at me some time later. Waiting for him to talk is killing me, the deadly silence makes my cold skin shudder while my heart burns and I hold back a low sob. Tears fall from Aiden's eyes as he also realizes what was truly happening all these years and I exhale deeply.

"Help me save our mother, Den. She chose you and me both. Can't you choose her now?"

********************

Hello my friends and welcome to the 60th chapter!

This chapter is full of action, but we are not done, we still need to see what happened with Nikki, Landon and Lucas, right?

I hope you liked this chapter, because I did, even though it was a very difficult one for me. Please, let me know your opinion and thoughts.

How do feel about this chapter? What do you think about Mila? What about the entire fight's scene? How do you feel about Nikki? And what about Mason aiming Nikki, but Mila getting in the middle? What do you think about Nikki's 'transformation'? Also, how do you feel about Diana's reaction when she saw her mother and how about our King? Do you agree with Gideon's behavior and why didn't he want to kill Mason? What do you believe about Mason's words and end he chose for himself?And last but not least, how do you feel about the ending with Diana, Aiden, Stacy and the truth? What is going to happen next?

As always at this point I would like to thank you very much for your love, support, commends and impatience in order to read the chapters! Also the book has reached about 155.850 views and I don't know what to say, I am at least grateful. I am trying my best so continue showing me how much you want more and:

1) Vote,

2) Commend and tell me your opinions and thoughts, or

3) Share the story.

This is it for this time, see you again in the next chapter. Be safe and happy until next time!

I love you all,

                 Marie...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13 5 2
Diana is a queen in shackles, enslaved by the vampire kingdom, and served as their prey since the age of 17, she survived by sheer will power and the...
234K 8K 65
{Book one of A Different Kind Of Fairy Tale Series} *She pushed herself off of me and sat down in the seat in front of me. "I admit you're insanely a...
2.8M 84K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...
182K 4.3K 28
Danielle is the new Alpha of the Star pack. After her parents were murdered the position was passed down to her. At 15 years old, and just had her fi...