MASQUERADE ⋮ markhyuck

minniemism által

Donghyuck lives a double life. He's usually Donghyuck, a tough and rebellious boy. But when his uncle Johnny... Több

⥼o n e⥽
⥼t w o⥽
⥼t h r e e⥽
⥼f o u r⥽
⥼f i v e⥽
⥼s i x⥽
⥼s e v e n⥽
⥼e i g h t⥽
⥼n i n e⥽
⥼t e n⥽
⥼e l e v e n⥽
⥼t w e l v e⥽
⥼t h i r t e e n⥽
⥼f i f t e e n⥽
⥼s i x t e e n⥽
⥼s e v e n t e e n⥽
⥼e i g h t e e n⥽
⥼n i n e t e e n⥽
⥼t w e n t y⥽
⥼t w e n t y - o n e⥽
⥼t w e n t y - t w o⥽
⥼t w e n t y - t h r e e⥽
⥼t w e n t y - f o u r⥽
⥼t w e n t y - f i v e⥽
⥼t w e n t y - s i x⥽
⥼t w e n t y - s e v e n⥽
⥼t w e n t y - e i g h t ⥽
⥼t w e n t y - n i n e⥽
⥼t h i r t y⥽
hints, explanations & theories

⥼f o u r t e e n⥽

2.7K 214 123
minniemism által

The rest of the day Donghyuck stayed in his room. He came down to eat lunch and then went back. Taeyong saw that, but let the boy be since he needed time alone too. There was a lot on their minds.

Donghyuck, however, couldn't sit and do nothing. He knew that the time the Chinese gang set was coming to an end. He was lucky that his brain worked quite well to make some scenarios of possible happenings.

The first one was - DONGHYUCK AGREES TO BETRAY HIS UNCLE. There were a lot of disadvantages to this and only one advantage, which was - Donghyuck's secret is safe (or maybe not). By agreeing to the Chinese, he would betray Johnny just for that stupid photo, which probably had more copies for the enemies to continue blackmailing. If he told them about Johnny's plans (he would drag Mark into this since that boy knew everything about Johnny and, of course, he wouldn't agree, then it would be a huge argument), he would most likely get his uncle killed and after that, he can get killed as well after Johnny's gang finds out.

The second one - DONGHYUCK DISAGREES AND LETS THEM TELL HIS SECRET. This decision also had many disadvantages though there were more advantages than the first one had. He probably would get beaten up by Johnny's gang after they find out about him lying about everything, BUT he would finally be free from lying, though it was questionable if he could ever walk on the ground and not fly in heaven. Either way, Mark knew about him and Donghyuck felt like he wouldn't keep the secret that long. Donghyuck also knew that it would go to light someday. But there was one thing that made Donghyuck chose the first idea. No doubts, if mafias find out about Donghyuck being healthy and capable of ruling the gang boy, they will do something bad to Taeyong as he was the one coming up with that. Of course, Donghyuck thought about blaming it all on the mother, but where the heck she was anyway? And then the problem was Mark since he knew that Taeyong was the one who created the biggest part of it and continued until the very end.

He fetched out a sigh and took his phone to call Jaemin. He laid his head on the new pillow and patiently waited for someone to pick up the phone.

"Hello?" he heard a familiar voice but couldn't remember where. There were so many voices he heard through his life that he had a hard time recognizing them. The same could be said about faces.

"Who's this?" Donghyuck asked with a frown.

He heard someone arguing in Chinese and then he heard the voice of Jeno.

"Finally! Have you decided what to do?"

"Jeno! Jeno, who is standing next to you?"

"There are many Chinese dudes," he heard the latter whisper.

"The one who answered the phone, who is he?"

"How could I know? They never said their names," Jeno whined, almost resembling a bottom rather than a top.

"Okay, tell them this," Donghyuck took a deep breath and wiped his sweaty hands on his dress. "I agree. I agree to betray my uncle so that my secret would be safe."

"Are you sure?" Jeno's voice sounded surprised.

"I don't have a choice."

"You have! Why are you submitting to strangers rather than trusting your own gang?"

"You don't know how dangerous they are and neither do I. I don't know anything about Johnny, he might kill me if he finds out that I just pretended to be innocent and stupid."

"Then how are you planning to fish out his plans? Do you think he won't kill you if he finds out that you lied about your identity and spied on him? Donghyuck, you're so stupid."

"They will never know. I will play safe," Donghyuck let out a sigh. "Coming to think of it, you don't sound like you're being tortured at all."

Jeno was silent and Donghyuck understood that someone came to him. He knew he was right when he heard a male voice speaking in Chinese.

"Your first mission," Renjun's voice was heard. "Find where Johnny is hiding trackers or bugs I don't know but... Oh my God, what are you doing, Hyuck? You're betraying-"

"Wait... I know! I saw them once when I was visiting them. They're hiding them in the kitchen drawers."

"Steal all of them," Renjun translated.

"That's impossible. The guys are everywhere! Do you want to get me killed?"

"Maybe they do," Jeno commented.

"If you don't want the photo to be emailed to Johnny, you better do what we say. I mean, they say. I really sounded like a bad guy now," Renjun giggled like a highschool girl.

"Okay... I'll do it. But what should I do with those bugs?"

"Call when you get them and they'll set a location on where to meet. You will be handing them to one of the sent guys. They say you will trade bugs with us."

"Deal."

The call ended with Donghyuck doubting if what he did was necessary.

────────⋈────────

The next day Donghyuck wore the prettiest dress with small hearts all around the fabric and did cute make-up. He tied his hair in a ponytail and then walked downstairs. He was lucky that Taeyong wasn't at home and that was the main reason he decided to go out too.

After yesterday's events, Taeyong would most likely not let Donghyuck go straight to their beloved neighbors. Although Taeyong never said it, Donghyuck felt like his hatred towards Mark grew even bigger now. It was obvious that he still didn't trust the assassin although the latter was threatened enough to keep his mouth shut.

Donghyuck left the house without any nervousness. He did feel excited but that was always in his blood. Donghyuck not only was an active kid, he was also quite brave, accepting challenges right away. The worst part was that Donghyuck succeeded in achieving everything he wanted and it eventually grew into a problem - he didn't know when to stop.

"Dongsook! It's nice to see you," Lucas greeted him as he peeked his head out of the window of the new car.

Donghyuck hadn't seen it before and looking at the broken window, he guessed that it was stolen.

"Hi, oppa," Donghyuck bowed and somehow felt like blushing when the latter jumped off the car shirtless.

Why they have such nice bodies?

"What are you doing here?" Lucas crossed his arms, obviously flexing to show how good his biceps were.

"I'm home alone again. It's so boring I decided to pay a visit."

"You came on time. Everyone is bored today. Maybe we all can think of something."

Donghyuck didn't know if it was good that mafias seem to have a day off or not. Maybe they will be sleeping and Donghyuck will have a chance to steal some bugs? But that also meant that they are were at home, so someone will definitely hang out in the kitchen.

"So, what do you think?"

"Huh?"

"I said that if we find the guys boring maybe we can, you know, spend some time at the beach?" the hand of Lucas made its way on Donghyuck's back somehow.

It was obvious that he was asking Dongsook on a date. Donghyuck almost agreed as it been so long he was on one. Although there was more than that Donghyuck wanted to try out. He started to think if Mark would be jealous if he sees Donghyuck with Lucas. As far as the boy knew, Mark was possessive of Dongsook, the girl. But how the situation was after Mark got to witness that Dongsook was a lie? Mark didn't seem to like that Dongsook was actually a boy. His stares were cold back then in the basement and that made him straight. Though Donghyuck started to question it when he remembered how Mark answered his kiss and forgot that he wanted to kill the strange boy.

"Maybe," Donghyuck smiled mischievously, seeing how Lucas became more lively.

Like a gentleman, he walked Donghyuck to the house. His hand never left the smaller boy's back and Donghyuck found his heart racing. Only when they went to the living room, Donghyuck felt how Lucas pulled the hand away as he saw Mark in the area.

Donghyuck politely answered into mafias' greetings and questions, but his eyes were mostly on Mark, who, obviously avoided his gaze. Donghyuck just chuckled finding it cute, yet a little annoying that the assassin didn't even spare a glance although Donghyuck dressed prettily just because of him.

"Do you want ice cream?" Doyoung asked when he saw Donghyuck waving in front of his face.

"I would love to."

"Okay, take a seat. I'll be right back."

It probably didn't need any explanation why Donghyuck sat right in front of Mark but with Lucas next to the side. He ignored the thought that he just sat on the couch which had many guns inside. If Lucas and Taeil were sitting on it, it must be safe.

Lucas already wore a shirt because of Jaehyun's glares, but that didn't stop Donghyuck from touching his muscular arms. Donghyuck didn't know himself why he touched them, his brain said him to and he agreed.

"I have never seen a guy this muscular," Donghyuck gasped as he trailed his fingers through the perfect bumps of Lucas's arms. "You're really manly, oppa!"

Although Donghyuck pretended to give all of the attention to Lucas to pepper him with compliments, he sure noticed the change of the atmosphere. He, with the corner of his eye, saw Jaehyun and Taeil exchanging glances and then looking at Mark. He then felt a burning glare from Mark's side but acted like he was too overwhelmed by Lucas.

"Here," Doyoung gave a popsicle to Donghyuck. "We only have vanilla flavored. Someone ate all strawberry ones."

"It's okay," Donghyuck politely accepted it. "I like vanilla."

Donghyuck didn't have anything against vanilla though he didn't like to eat a popsicle, especially in a room full of men and two obvious lesbians with one of them being Wendy. He tried to take small licks without making any direct eye contact with someone, but the popsicle started melting and he was forced to eat it faster.

"You're good at sucking," the words accidentally (or maybe not) slipped from Lucas's mouth.

Jaehyun coughed and tried to come up with some good topic since every single one of them was staring at the poor boy (or more like the girl like everyone thought) having a hard time with a frozen snack.

"I'm thinking about buying a car," he said and luckily few of the people got interested in it.

Too bad Lucas still had eyes on Donghyuck and that made the boy panic. Why the hell he was staring? Dongyuck looked up at him but only got frustrated when he saw the latter smirking.

Fuck, this one's a pervert too!

Donghyuck saw a small drop dripping on his new dress and caught it with his fingers. He realized a bit too late that he shouldn't have licked it when there are curious eyes of other people. But he couldn't help it. He liked to see how a pervert like Mark licked his lips when they made eye contact. The assassin flushed and looked away and Donghyuck felt like the tables have turned and he was the one responsible for the teasing.

"What happened to your hand?" Wendy asked when her eyes caught Donghyuck's injured hand in bandages.

"I accidentally cut myself. Sometimes I'm clumsy in the kitchen."

"Want me to check your wound?" asked another girl, who was most likely a medic of the gang.

"But my dad said to keep it like this for a while," Donghyuck innocently blinked, making everyone coo and let him be.

Donghyuck wanted to accept the offer, especially if the girl had more experience than his dad. Though he was afraid that they will recognize the cut as the blade of the assassin.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Taeil asked when all of them seemed awkward. It was Donghyuck who made them like this. The boy felt like he just interrupted a meeting even though Lucas said they were bored.

Donghyuck agreed with the movie and strangely, everyone voted for it too. After the movie was chosen, Donghyuck comfortably leaned on the couch and snuggled closer to Lucas. It was hot like this but none of them seemed to mind.

The whole movie situation actually was very useful to Donghyuck. The audio was loud and every single one of them was in the room, focused on the screen. It was a great opportunity to take action. So, the boy pretended to watch a movie for whole twenty minutes and then pulled away from Lucas to pat his shoulder.

"Where's the bathroom?"

Donghyuck knew where the bathroom was. He just needed to have an excuse.

"Go to the kitchen and then turn right. You will see a white door and there is your destination," Lucas said, slowly caressing Donghyuck's arm.

"Thank you," Donghyuck stood up and everyone turned to him.

"What's wrong?" Yuta was the first to ask.

"Should we pause?" Wendy questioned and Doyoung quickly took the remote control.

"N-no, there's no need to pause. I don't want to ruin the mood," Donghyuck started bowing, manipulating them to listen to him and don't try to talk back. "I'll be quick anyway."

Donghyuck bowed again and slightly checked if anyone seemed to be interested in him. But they were staring at the screen again, already captivated by the plot and tension the movie started to build up. Donghyuck took the chance and went to the kitchen. He glanced over the living room to make sure that they were sucked in the movie and then started to search every drawer.

He knew the bugs were there. When they had dinner with Johnny here, Donghyuck saw how Doyoung searched for a spoon and accidentally opened one drawer to reveal a pile of listening and following devices, hidden under a pack of baking paper. One of them fell on the floor, right next to Donghyuck's feet. The boy picked it up out of politeness, thinking that it probably was something cooks use. But then he recognized it as a bug, the one that you need to stick to the moving object, so you can follow it everywhere and maybe listen to what's happening around. Donghyuck was sure of it. He had the same bug in his backpack the last year when believed that he lost his precious bag only to find it in the place he already searched for thousands of times. Taeyong was the one who found that bug stuck inside and was quick to destroy it. After that Donghyuck never had the same experience, but the picture of the small and flat object was still on his mind.

The question was in which drawer it was hidden? Donghyuck felt stupid when he forgot, but couldn't blame himself too much since the kitchen had like eighteen drawers. He rummaged through the drawer, shoving the spoons to the other side. Nothing was there. The boy remembered now that it was the right drawer, but bugs weren't there anymore. He kneeled on the floor and opened the lower drawers and didn't feel surprised when he found them there. He quickly grabbed a handful of bugs and put them in the small bag under his dress.

Donghyuck closed the drawer and stood up. He fixed his hair and turned around to get back to the living room but bumped into Mark. Donghyuck flinched by the sudden appearance of the boy, blaming himself that he didn't spare a glance, caught up by the desire to find those goddamn bugs.

Mark pushed Donghyuck back to the counters, causing the boy to hit his back on the hard surface. Donghyuck gasped as he grabbed onto the sides to support his body from falling on the counter, avoiding to serve himself as a meal. As he was busy to maintain balance, he missed how Mark brought his face to his and when Donghyuck finally looked at the assassin again, he accidentally touched their noses.

"You're doing it on purpose," Mark whispered, staring right in Donghyuck's eyes.

"W-what?" Donghyuck stuttered, pulling his red from frustration face.

"The way you practically sat on Lucas's lap and ate ice cream while looking at me. You're doing it on purpose to tease me."

Even though Donghyuck's face was further from Mark's, his neck wasn't. He felt how Mark's hot breath started tickling his neck.

"I'm not going to deny," Donghyuck whispered back. "I was enjoying it."

Mark grabbed Donghyuck by the chin and turned to himself. Even make-up couldn't hide how red Donghyuck's face was. He was so embarrassed that he let Mark caught and approach him but at the same time felt like his whole body was burning just because Mark was so close.

They shared a small eye contact since Donghyuck broke it while glancing at Mark's lips. The assassin was quick to notice it and put his palm on Donghyck's mouth before the latter could think about kissing him and growled:

"Lift your dress."

Donghyuck raised his eyebrows, confused if he should feel aroused or scared.

"Lift your dress," Mark repeated in a lower tone, sending shivers down Donghyuck's spine.

"Why are you so perverted─"

"I saw what you did," Mark's voice grew louder and Donghyuck guessed that he was angry.

"No, you didn't," Donghyuck murmured and stuck out his tongue to trail it down Mark's palm. "You didn't see anything."

Mark jumped from Donghyuck as if the latter was a flame, ready to burn his whole body. The feeling was actually the same.

"Stop," Mark backed up to the other side of the kitchen. "Stop doing this to me."

"It's your own medicine," Donghyuck chuckled. "Aren't you happy?"

"No, not that, but the thing you're doing with my brain. I can't resist."

Donghyuck raised his eyebrow at the latter's comment. He was pretty sure that he wasn't a mage to control someone's brain. He couldn't say the same about his manipulation skills though. Donghyuck was aware of them and knew how and when to use them. Perhaps, Mark turned out to be quite an easy target.

"Then don't," Donghyuck put his hands behind his back and turned to the living room. There was a smirk playing on his lips. "You don't have a chance to stand against me."

"I won't let you go so easily," Mark growled in response.

He was talking about the bugs Donghyuch had under his dress.

"We'll see."

When Donghyuck went back to the living room, he changed his personality back into Dongsook's so easily, without any difficulties as if it was so natural for him to do. He just innocently glanced at Mark when the latter came back right after Donghyuck sat on the couch. Their eyes met but not even a single teasing sparkle was shown in Donghyuck's eyes as he hid that somewhere far away, so other curious eyes won't see it.

"Everything's alright?" Lucas asked and Donghyuck nodded, putting his head on the boy's shoulder while giving one last glance to frustrated Mark.

────────⋈────────

Donghyuck was glad that the movie ended as he was already tired to sit on the couch when something under soft pillows was poking his back. Although the boy didn't see what it actually was, he knew about the hidden guns and that eventually made him think that one of them was bothering him.

The mafias started waddling around the house: there was quite a big line to the bathroom as well as in the kitchen to grab something to eat. There were only four people left in the living room but soon Donghyuck was left alone with Lucas.

Donghyuck enjoyed silence but he felt like Lucas would ruin it. The body language betrayed the taller boy. He was nervously tapping his fingers on the couch until the sound became annoying. He obviously wanted to ask something but doubted to do it or not, maybe even waited for the right time. Donghyuck started to lose his patience. He pulled away from Lucas's shoulder and covered his mouth to yawn.

"Can I ask you a question?"

Here we go.

"Sure."

"Did something happened between you and Mark?" he asked but then quickly added more: "I heard that you were really close last week. He bragged to everyone about how you invited him to your house."

It was a very Mark-like thing to do, so Donghyuck wasn't surprised. However, he was taken aback that Lucas seemed to notice Mark distancing himself from Dongsook. Because of that Donghyuck felt like he should have another talk with Mark before leaving. He needed to criticize Mark's behavior he was showing since it was suspicious that something did happen.

"But now, ahem, he seems to be avoiding you. He was whenever you were, so it's weird for me that he's not here now."

"I don't know," Donghyuck shook his head while clenching his dress. "We didn't argue and I don't remember doing something wrong. Maybe he doesn't want to be friends anymore? He probably thinks I'm childish."

"No, no! Believe me, he would never think like that about you. I guess he's the problem here. Maybe he's on man period or something?" Lucas chuckled and Donghyuck smiled, so he would feel like he made Dongsook happy. "What a bad guy, ignoring a pretty girl just because he's moody. If he continues to do it, I'll take his place."

"What place?" Donghyuck asked with an innocent smile, sucking in the anxiety.

"A place as your friend," Lucas lied without even blinking.

Donghyuck nodded and fluttered his eyelashes but actually felt like glaring. He needed to talk with Mark, to get back his closeness, so no one could replace him and try to approach Donghyuck. Lucas surely didn't mean friendship, it was more like he wanted to take a place of marrying Dongsook and maybe even leadership.

Donghyuck didn't want that to happen. He was satisfied with the current situation. Mark already knew about his secret, so it wouldn't be hard to tell another. On top of that, Donghyuck already got used to the idea of marrying Mark. That boy, despite being so perverted, was a good playtoy and Donghyuck doubted there would be another one like him.

"Maybe I should talk with him?" Donghyuck asked in a soft voice while glancing at Lucas, manipulating him to do that first.

"I'll have a word with him," he gave in and went to search for Mark.

Donghyuck stood up from the couch and went to look around so everyone who passes by would think that Dongsook was looking at the paintings. In reality, he pretended to but was pressing the phone on his ear.

"I have them. When should we meet?"

"Meet my guy today on the beach, at 10 PM," a familiar voice spoke again. It wasn't any of his friends, which meant the person was a gang member. "Have them with you. If you do, I will return your friends. Second, come all alone. If I see someone with you, I'll hit that send button."

"Are you keeping your computers turn on all day long? How are you paying your bills?" Donghyuck chuckled, gazing at the noisy kitchen. "About followers... I'm not responsible for this. I'm always followed by everyone, I can't control that."

"Just don't drag someone with you," he heard a groan on the other line. "Deal─"

"We're not finished yet," Donghyuck cut off. "I have some requirements too."

"You can't have them─"

"I'm recording our conversation," Donghyuck lied. "That means I also have some material for blackmailing. Just send the photo and I will tell everything about you myself while showing some evidence."

Donghyuck heard some foreign curses and then the voice came back.

"I agree with this only if the thing you want is possible."

"Let's meet. You and I. Say that guy of yours to come in a car together with you. I want to know who is a person I'm working with."

"You want too much. Just bring goddamn bugs."

"I'm going to bring you ladybugs and spiders."

"My guy will wait for you at 10 PM, period."

The call ended just when Doyoung came into the living room. Donghyuck naturally pretended to talk with his dad by saying some sweet words and then looked at the hacker.

"I guess I should go. My dad is searching for me."

"Oh, if that's the case, then you really should. Don't make him worried," Doyoung's expression softened when Taeyong was mentioned.

Donghyuck quickly wore his shoes and shouted:

"Bye, everyone. It was fun with all of you."

"Are you leaving already?" Jaehyun peeked from the kitchen.

"Someone, walk her to the house," Doyoung turned to the mafias, who lined up to give goodbyes to the precious boss's niece. "Mark?"

"No need," Donghyuck bowed. "It's only a few steps anyway."

He went out after hearing many good day and night wishes and some praises in general. He laughed and cursed in his head when he finally was free from them.

Why do they think I'm so fragile? It's not like someone will kidnap me just because I decided to cross the street alone.

A little ridiculous because right after Donghyuck was in the middle of the street, in other words, so close to his house, a black car appeared out of nowhere. Donghyuck assumed it was some creeps who liked to flash their genitals through the opened window, so he ignored them. But as he lowered his head on the ground, someone jumped off the car and pulled him inside. He tried to see who was in the car but got a cloth with a strange smell placed on his nose. He started to hit the person with his elbows, knowing damn well how sharp they were when he wore something with short-sleeves. Unfortunately, he started to feel weak and couldn't fight more. 

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

295K 12.4K 25
❝ you're naked. ❞ ❝ shut up or i will slash your throat. ❞ ━ or where donghyuck is stuck in utopia after an airpl...
44.7K 2.7K 10
Donghyuck shamelessly declares his explicit dreams about the famous superhero, Spiderman, unaware that it is his friend Mark, the real-life Spiderman...
21.9K 1.4K 15
markhyuck. ┅ want a date this valentine but you're a single pringle? well worry no more because "dial a valentine" got you! ❝but i don't want you...
23.3K 592 21
In which, Mark has a wet dream about his best friend, Donghyuck, and struggles to cope with his newly developed feelings. *Please be warned, there ar...