MUGEN Voltage

By Flippy2K

In this world we live in, there exists two types of people. The "normal" humans. And the "Irregulars". People... More

Ch. 0: The Irregular Stigma
Ch. 1: Not Your Typical Boy Meets Girl
Ch. 2: A Chance Reunion
Ch. 3: Practically a Stranger
Ch. 4: El Diablo del Pilar
Ch. 5: Face to Face with El Diablo
Ch. 6: Leaving a Mark
Ch. 7: The Shadow That Lurks in the Darkness
Ch. 8: In the Eye of the Shadow
Ch. 9: The Light at the End of the Dark Tunnel
Ch. 10: A Shocking Encounter
Ch. 11: Raging Thunderstorms
Ch. 12: Color is Our Friend
Ch. 13: Differing Shades
Ch. 14: Behind Blue Eyes
Ch. 15: Treading Dangerous Waters
Ch. 16: This Sinking Feeling
Ch. 17: Into the Downward Spiral
Ch. 18: The Ivory Seamstress
Ch. 19: Ambushed!!
Ch. 20: Know Your Enemy
Ch. 21: Paint It Red
Ch. 22: What "Mugen" Is All About
Ch. 23: Strings of Fate
Ch. 24: X is for "Xypher"
Ch. 25: Calm Before the Storm
Ch. 26: The Ice Princess of Sajyou High
Ch. 27: Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust
Ch. 29: Of Bonds, Experiences, and Belly Buttons
Ch. 30: Lightly Contaminated

Ch. 28: The Miracle Touch

9 1 0
By Flippy2K

-Alleyway 1:16 PM-

Following the gruelling battle between Risa and Hyouka, as well as Shisui getting stabbed by the latter, the Mugen gang decided to took a slight detour to heal their injuries. However, knowing they couldn't go to a run-of-the-mill hospital at the risk of being tracked by R.E.D., Kouya had another plan in mind.

"Huh? 'Dr. Naoko'...?" Said Risa, resisting her injuries the best he could.

"Yeah, she used to be our nurse in middle school." Kouya replied. "I already took Shisui to her care, and the others are hanging around in her place too."

"I see." Said Risa.

"Since we can't exactly show our faces on some hospital unless we wanna get caught, we have to make do with this." Kouya replied, with a warm smile on his face. "Besides, I'm sure Dr. Naoko will take care of your injuries in no time."

A slight smile forms on Risa's face. Kouya then stares at Risa with curiosity, prompting Risa to look away as she starts blushing.

"Sh-Shut up, you..." Said Risa, her cheeks blushing bright red.

"I... I wasn't even saying anything yet..." Kouya replied, confused.

-Dr. Naoko's Clinic 1:20 PM-

Eventually, Kouya and Risa were able to reach their destination: a humble little clinic in the middle of the outskirts of Shin-Majima, where they would meet the person whom Kouya was talking about.

The door opens, and the two are eventually greeted by a rather tall and buxom woman, appearing to be in her late 20s. She had long raven black hair and maroon eyes, and was wearing a long short-sleeved white lab coat on top of a maroon v-neck shirt, black slash and maroon slippers.

"Oh, Kaminari! Welcome!" Said the woman.

"Hey there, Miss Naoko." Kouya replied.

"If you're asking about your friend, don't worry about her." Said Dr. Naoko, the woman. "She's stable and now recovering on one of the rooms."

"Got it. Thanks, Miss Naoko." Kouya replied. "You wouldn't mind if we come in for a bit, right?"

"Oh, sure! Please do come in." Said Dr. Naoko.

"Thanks, Miss Naoko!" Kouya replied. "Risa, you okay? You've been silent ever since you got here."

Without saying a word, Risa, while blushing red, points to Dr. Naoko's rather well-endowed chest. The look on her face indicates that she is none too pleased.

"Oh, right... them himmer-hommers... Said Kouya. "Still, she's very nice, so don't worry about it too much, OK?"

Risa sighs.

"Fine..." Said Risa.

With all that's been said, Kouya and Risa eventually enter the clinic.

-Dr. Naoko's Clinic 1:23 PM-

Inside the clinic, Dr. Naoko decided to ask Kouya and Risa several questions.

"Your girlfriend over here doesn't seem to be in quite a good shape, mind telling me what happened?" Said Dr. Naoko.

"Eh...?!" Risa replied, blushing red.

"Umm... she's... not my girlfriend... Ehehe..." Kouya replied, with a slightly embarrassed look on his face.

"Uh-huh, sure..." Said Dr. Naoko, with a mischievous smirk on her face.

"The hell are you implying..." Risa muttered beneath her breath.

Dr. Naoko's expression suddenly changes to slight disapproval.

"I-I mean, well..." Said Risa. " I got into a fight with another Irregular, basically..."

"Uh-huh. Against someone who uses some ice PSI-Power, right?" Dr. Naoko replied. "Kouya and his friends told me everything when he first arrived here."

"Ah, I see..." Said Risa.

"Hmm... at least there doesn't seem to be any deep gashes..." Dr. Naoko replied. "Just a few scratches and scrapes."

"Don't worry, this'll be quick." Dr. Naoko continued.

Dr. Naoko walks closer to where Risa was sitting, and places her hand on Risa's face, where a small cut can be found on her right cheek. She then closes her eyes, as her hand starts to glow a bright greenish light. Risa winces a bit as she felt Dr. Naoko's power.

Seconds pass, and the green glow fades away, and as Risa soon realizes, so does the cut on her cheek. Risa stroked her cheek. It felt as smooth as it was before.

"It's... healed...?" Said Risa.

Dr. Naoko nods.

"The thing you saw there was my PSI: Painkiller." Said Dr. Naoko. "I'm able to heal the wounds of other PSI users with only a touch."

"A-Amazing..." Risa replied.

"That said... it comes with its own cost." Said Kouya. "... Right, Dr. Naoko?"

Dr. Naoko nods.

"Whenever I use my PSI to heal someone, the pain of my patient passes over to me." Said Dr. Naoko. "A miniscule cut like such isn't too much for me... but when it's a potentially fatal wound..."

"... I see..." Risa replied.

"Still, the pain doesn't bother me too much." Said Dr. Naoko, smiling. "As long as my patients are okay."

"Still, that's just a primer." Dr. Naoko continued. "If you may, just tell me where it hurts."

Risa nods. Dr. Naoko continues to heal Risa's wounds one by one.

SEVERAL MINUTES LATER

Eventually, Risa's wounds were fully healed. Before leaving, she and Kouya decided to pay their other friend a visit.

"So, about Shisui..." Said Kouya.

Dr. Naoko nods.

"She's recovering inside the mini ward over there." Said Dr. Naoko, pointing to a nearby room.

Kouya and Risa then proceed to the room.

-Mini Ward 1:42 PM-

Kouya and Risa enter the mini ward, where Shisui was recovering from her injuries. She was accompanied by Rock, Shiki and Nina, and all of them seemed to be playing a mobile game together.

"Sup, fellas." Said Kouya.

"Eyy, Kouya!" Rock replied. "Come over here and join us!"

"Heh, sure thing!" Said Kouya.

As Kouya joins his friends with playing the game, Risa walks over to Shisui and decides to check on her.

"You feeling better, Shisui...?" Said Risa.

Shisui nods.

"Today I also learned that Rock sucks at mobile RPGs." Said Shisui, in her usual deadpan tone. "I could never count the many times he died in just one mission."

"I heard that!" Rock replied, looking rather displeased.

"Dude, focus on your game." Said Kouya. "Look, you're about to die again."

"Huh? HEY!" Rock replied in a frenzy as he hurriedly shifts his focus back to the game, before dying in-game shortly thereafter. "... Aww, dammit."

The gang proceed to laugh together. Shisui observes the gang and their shenanigans, and, in her amusement, lets out a tiny little chuckle of her own.

"Oh! Oh! Did I just heard a chuckle?" Said Kouya. "Guys did you hear that? Shisui just chuckled!"

As the gang proceed to lose their minds after hearing a faint chuckle out of her, Shisui looks over at them, head tilted with a rather puzzled look on her face.

"Chuckle...?" Said Shisui.

It was then that Dr. Naoko enters the ward to check over the gang.

"It seems you guys truly enjoy each other's company." Said Dr. Naoko, with a warm smile on her face. "Reminds me of my youthful days."

"Say, Miss Naoko, you wouldn't mind us staying in here, right?" Kouya replied.

"Hmm... sure, why not?" Said Dr. Naoko.

"OK!" All five replied, in unison.

TO BE CONTINUED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 88.3K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
239K 7.1K 51
we young & turnt ho.
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

332K 8.4K 118
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
17.1M 656K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...