True Heir

By euphoria_nina

So, apparently the richest man in the state is now close friends with me, a diner girl. And apparently his be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 43: II
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Reminder to Rude Readers

Chapter 48

58.4K 1.5K 45
By euphoria_nina

Chapter 48

We were currently out roaming Paris, except for Jake cause he was still in his business meeting. He said that he'll catch up after.

"You know what hurts?" Tony said plopping down beside me on the bench with Prince in his arms, as always.

Letty and Jake were bickering about where to go and what to do and I was just seating here in amusement.

I looked at him and shrugged. "What?"

"That you told Letty about last night and you haven't told me, your best friend." he said pouting.

Eventually Jake and I got bored last night and we ended up watching a movie in the living room. Turns out we both fell asleep on the couch. My head was on Jake's lap and he had an arm wrapped around my shoulder. Letty caught us and took a picture and showed the other boys out of excitement.

We woke up surprised that we fell asleep in the living room, not to mention the stiff neck and back pain we had.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "You're such a drama queen."

He groaned. "Just spill."

"Nothing happened. We just talked and then watched a movie and ended up falling asleep."

He narrowed his eyes at me forcing me to continue.

I groaned. "We made a deal. That if he could find me on New Year's Eve, he would get to kiss me when the clock strikes twelve. He can't ask anyone where I am, he has to figure it out his self."

"Find you? Oh, come on Nina. You're not giving the guy a fair chance. If you're forgetting the world is huge!" He complained.

"I know that, weirdo." I said rolling my eyes.

"If he really loves me, he'll know exactly where to find me on New Year's Eve." I said softly as I unconsciously touched the ring he gave me.

"Well, good luck to you both." he said standing up with Prince. "Come on little buddy, lets get away from your depressing mommy."

My jaw dropped and I kicked his leg making him jump and turn to me.

He glared as he rubbed the area I kicked with one hand. "Ow!"

"I am not depressing. You're just annoying." I said standing up and getting Prince from his hands.

"Come on sweetheart, let's leave this annoying monkey alone."

This time Tony's jaw dropped. "I am not a monkey!"

~*~

Right now we were headed out of the cafe as we waited for Jake. We were planning on going to the Eiffel Tower when he gets here.

"Well, look who it is."

"You have got to be kidding me." I said dryly as I looked at her.

"Huh, I don't see Jake around."

I smiled bitterly at her. "No thanks to you."

"Oh, you're very welcome. I was glad to do it."

I scoffed. "Carrie, tell me the truth, are you in love with me? Because you had to try so hard to break Jake and I apart, but then again, it didn't work."

The others laughed behind me as I insulted her.

Before she could say anything I spoke again. "Just to get things straight. I'm not a lesbian, nor am I a slut, in fact, we are complete opposites. Like, I'm loyal and you're obviously not, you're desperate and I'm not, you're a gold digger and a slut, and I'm not."

I smiled sweetly at her. "I'm sorry but we won't work out. Oh, wait, I'm actually glad we won't work out."

She was glaring at me and her face was becoming red with anger and embarrassment.

"You and Victor may be forgetting, but I have so much power that I could ruin you in one phone call." I threatened. "You're lucky I haven't sent the pictures to your husband yet."

She then smiled. "And ruin Jake's reputation?"

I laughed humorlessly. "Honey, I don't hate Jake to do that. There's such a thing as photoshop. Well, if you want to make it easier, I could just make a phone call and take all your fortunes away. So, make up your mind yet, slut?"

"You bitch!" she growled and raised her hand to slap me but I stopped her.

I grabbed her wrist tight and glared at her. "Don't you dare try it, Carrie."

I pushed her hand away and she had a scowl on her face.

"You are such a bitch! Jake was mine in the first place. You had to waltz in here with your slutty ass and billion dollars and take him away from me."

I scoffed. "Face it Carrie. You were just with Jake cause he had money. Unlike you I work hard to earn what I have now."

She opened her mouth to say something, but I spoke first knowing what she was gonna say.

"Don't you dare tell me that the money was handed to me cause of my parents. I was under Marianna, I grew up working hard to earn money. Then I got my empire back, and I worked hard to get it back to how it's supposed to be."

"Just face it Carrie, you'll never win. So, just leave us all alone, before I lose my patience with you. You know how dead serious I am, you know I'll keep to my word."

She was clenching her jaw and her fists beside her. She then gave a tight smirk. "Honestly, I just wanted for you and Jake to split, now you have and I'm satisfied. You're out of Jake's life."

"She's never getting out of my life." a new voice said.

Carrie looked behind her to see Jake standing there.

Huh, when did he arrive?

"W-what?" Carrie stuttered as her eyes followed Jake who came to my side.

"Nothing can break us apart, Carrie. We might not be together, but we're in good terms. She'll never get out of my life. No matter how hard she tries to get out of my life, no matter how hard I push her out, she'll still stay." Jake said sternly.

Carrie was speechless now and I was satisfied.

"Well, I think it's time for us to leave. We've already wasted enough time chatting." Jace said standing up.

With that we all turned out backs on her, I felt Jake's hand on the small of my back as he lead me away.

That honesty felt good. Reminding her of her place and finally letting out my anger.

I just hope that she'll stop and stay away, for her own good or God help me I will let hell break lose.

~*~

"Do you have everything?" I asked Jace as he packed up.

They were all packing up since they were all leaving today in a few hours. Since they were using a private jet, they weren't in a hurry to leave.

"Yep, pretty much." He said zipping up his suitcase.

He plopped down on his bed beside me and stretched out.

"So, did you talk to Lee?"

I nodded. "Yup. He said I could stay in his condo there. He's gonna pick me up tomorrow and let me settle before he leaves that same day."

Jace sighed. "You're really not changing your mind?"

I shook my head. "I don't think so. I've got my heart set on it. I'll come back home on January 1 though."

Jace sighed defeated. He knew he couldn't convince me anymore to come home and spend New Year's there. "Alright. Please be careful and answer all my calls alright?"

I smiled. "Yes, sir."

I'm planning on leaving tomorrow morning with Prince so I could get there early and Lee could leave early as well.

Letty came into the room with Prince at her feet. "Hey, we're gonna head to the cafe across the road,"

"Yes, food." Jace said standing up making me roll my eyes at him as I followed them out.

~*~

"I'll see you guys after New Year's." I said hugging them one by one.

"I'll call you everyday, alright? And you better answer." Jace said hugging me tight.

I chuckled. "Yes, sir."

"Take care of yourself, okay?"

We pulled away and I nodded. "Yup. You too."

He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Love you, baby sis."

"Love you too, big bro."

"See you soon, couz." Letty said as we hugged next.

We pulled away and she had her eyes narrowed at me. "You better call me this time, got it?"

I chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, I will."

She nodded satisfied. "Good."

"Good bye buddy, I'll miss you so much." Tony said dramatically as he hugged and petted Prince.

"You are such a drama queen, Tony." I said rolling my eyes.

He smiled playfully at me and handed Prince to Jace. He pulled me in for a really tight hug making me groan.

"It's okay, Nina. I'm gonna miss you too."

"Yeah, you're gonna miss me so much when I'm dead, cause you're squeezing the life out of me." I complained.

He chuckled and he loosened his hold.

"Thanks for everything these past view days, Tony." I said sincerely.

"You're welcome." he said as we pulled away. "Call Dr. Tony anytime when you need me alright?"

I chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

I turned to the final person I haven't said goodbye too.

I gave him a small smile as I went over and hugged him.

He hugged me tight and brought his lips near my ear. "Remember our deal, okay?"

I smiled as I brought my lips near his ear. "Find me tomorrow then."

He pulled away and he smiled at me showing those dimples that I've missed so much. "I will." He said confidently.

I smiled up at him. "Take care, okay?"

He nodded. "You too."

I felt something paw at my leg and I looked down to see Prince. I chuckled lightly as I picked him up.

"Bye, little buddy. Take care of your mommy alright?" Jake said petting Prince on the head.

Prince barked back happily, like he understood what Jake said.

I chuckled and looked back up at him.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Nina."

"Bye." I said as he walked away.

He smiled and gave me a small wave before disappearing in the door with the others.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 25 25
"Elle, why? Are you not happy here? Am I doing something wrong...?" His voice seemed to break when he was asking that last question. "No, it's not yo...
132K 4.8K 38
"Jess, would you please get his order." Lisa winked at me and pointed the guy near the door. She is my one and only bestfriend since kindergarten...
My life By Angel

Teen Fiction

669 18 21
I'm 15 and this is My Life. Crazy and Unexpected things happen but I try my best to deal with them. It's kind of a diary type of story but also just...
128 6 16
My best friend is getting married. I am not a girl, but a 22 year old gay Man. My best friend is a girl. She is one year older then me but hey, I don...