how to survive 7th grade

By Olivia_Barron

Maddie Horan is new at Clearview highschool in California. as Maddie just barely gets to this new school, sh... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
soon to come

chapter seven

259 6 6
By Olivia_Barron

* The next day

I woke to a really nice morning and a ringing alarm clock that was starting to really the start of my good morning so far. I tried to hit the snooze button, but the stupid thing wasn't snoozing. I started to get really annoyed, so i grabbed my alarm clock and through it in my walk threw closet. Making it break, but i really didn't care. I was really happy. I went into my bathroom, which was another cool thing about my room, and brushed my teeth and hair. I went to my walk through closet and picked out an outfit. Nothing too cute, and nothing too lazy. A pair of gray jeans, a cute white tang top, a blue jean jacket, a pair of sky blue sandals, and the white beanie that Spencer had gotten me from yesterday. I went down stairs to see my brother and my mom sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast. My mom was wearing a cute out fit that she got from the muternity store. My brother was wearing some black jeans, red jordans, a red bulls hat, backwards, and a plain white t- shirt. And he was on his phone," hey honey." She said smiling," hey mom." I said grabbing a granola bar and a bottled water from the fridge," so, i was wondering if i could do this pep band thing on friday with a couple of my friends?" I asked," you have friends?" Asked Mike then laughs amusing himself," haha aren't you a funny guy." I said then paused as we stuck our tongues out at each other," yea and how many friends have you made here so far?" I asked. Mike shows me his phone contacts that had at least half of the seniors," wow, never mind." I said settling back down into my chair," yeah, i'm pretty popular." Said Mike putting his arms behind his head acting like all that leaning back in his chair," Michael Henry Horan, you put your butt down in your seat this instint." Said my mom," sorry, mommy." Said Mike horrified of my mom who was six months pregnant. I think now that she's pregnant again, he's much more scared of her. I laugh as he shakes his head and goes back to his phone," so can i?" I asked laughing," sure." Said my mom," awe, my sister the band geek." Said Mike laughing and walking to the sink to put away his used dishes," my brother, the dumb jock." I said laughing. We both stick our tongues at each other like we were little kids," okay, cut it out you two, Mike your sister is not a geek."

"Ha!" I said," and Maddie, your brother is not a dumb jock, he's actually on the honor role." Said my mom," ha!" Said Mike. We both smile at each other," oh, gosh, look at the time, you both better get going or you'll be late for class." Said my mom flipping through the next page in her book," okay." Said Mike grabbing his backpack and grabbing a bottled water from the fridge," bye guys." Said my mom not taking her eyes off of her book as she was still reading," bye mom." Said both Mike and i in unsion," bye." She said once again. We head outside and into the car. The drive to the school was a  little quiet. Except when Mike would turn up the radio," Just gonna stand there and watch me burn, well that's alright because i like the way it hurts, just gonna stand there, and hear me cry, well that's alright because i love the way, ohhhh, i love the way." Sang Mike.  He wasn't that bad of a singer, but i just loves to goof around so much that he sings bad on purpose. Which really irritates me. So i grabbed my earbuds and started to listen to somebody to you by the vamps and demi lovato. After a few songs played, we finally got to the school and my brother dropped me off at the front of the school. It was probably gonna be our normal routine. As i got out of his car, he quickly drove away. I grabbed my stuff all together and walked to the parking lot.

As i walked into the parking lot, i looked around for my friends. I soon found them next to the bike racks. There i saw Adrienne, Jordynn, Adrienne, Alivia, Spencer, AJ, Alan, and Garrett all together laughing and talking. I walk up to them," hey!" I said excitedly," hey what's up?" Said Jordynn," hey, whatcha guys up to?" I asked," nothing much." Said Nikki," we're talking about movies." Said Alan," cool." I said," yeah, my favorite one is starving games." Said Spencer," i wish you would've stayed longer so we could've watched that." Said Spencer looking at me,"yeah, but then i wouldn't have ever beat you at Just dance 4" i said," huh, your funny." Said Spencer," and your cute." I said jokingly," and your telling the truth." Said Spencer smirking. I playfully slap him in the shoulder," hey babe." Said Kasidy walking up to Spencer and kissing him on the cheek. I was right next to them, which made it really awkward. I walk away into the school and into the bathroom," Maddie." Said a voice behind me. I didn't bother to see who it was.

(Spencer's prov)

What the hell is wrong with Kasidy. We were done along time ago and she just walks up to me and kisses me on the cheek in front of the girl i like. I push Kasidy away and run after Maddie. She didn't understand, i had to talk to  her, but she ran into the girl's bathroom. I could hear her crying in there. I had to, i needed too, i really liked Maddie. I didn't want her not to like me because of a silly miss understanding.

(Maddie's prov)

i couldn't believe that just happened. I slid my back against the bathroom walls and cried in my knees. Then all of a sudden i see a tall shadow towering over me," Maddie, i seriously don't know why she would do that, she knows that we're done, we've been done for a long time, i swear i don't know what that was about." Said Spencer," it's okay if you still like her." I said wipeing away  my tears. I seriously wasn't okay if he still liked her, i mean we flirt with each other then he goes and dates my enemy," i don't like her." Said Spencer sitting next to me. We smile at each other then we both realize that we're still in the girl's bathroom," we should probably get out of here before we're both known as that boy who went in the girl's bathroom and that girl who went in the boy's bathroom." I said then we both laugh. We both walk out of the bathroom laughing and waited for our friends to come in. After afew minutes of waiting they all came through the doors," hey are we all okay?" Asked AJ talking about Spencer and me. We both smile and nodd. We all walk to science. Which was horrible, because we had our assighned seats and Spencer and Kasidy sat with each other. I'm guessing they were dating when they got their assighned seats. I really hated that i had to see them together that way. But AJ kept me calm through the whole class. Which was good, because i was ready to rip her head off.

The bell finally rings and we head to our next classes. Our next class was literature. Great we had another lecture from another teacher. I was doodleing in my notebook when Mr. Cameron stopped me from doodling anymore," let's see here." Said Mr. Cameron taking my notebook and making the whole class say," ooohhh." Said everyone," hush up everyone." Said Mr. Cameron looking through my notebook. I silently wait until he is done looking through my notebook," these are pretty good." Said Mr. Cameron," thanks." I said scared," you should go to this one art class i think you might like." Said Mr. Cameron," i don't know if i'm into the whole art thing, i'm much of a doodler." I said still waiting for my notebook," can i see you after class?" Asked Mr. Cameron," sure, as long as i can get my notebook back." I said causing some of the people in the class laugh," sure." Said Mr. Cameron handing me my notebook. After class i waited until everyone was gone to walk up to Mr. Cameron," what's up?" I asked standing," Maddie do you know how good you are?" Asked Mr. Cameron," no." I said," your really good." Said Mr. Cameron," how long have you been an artist?" Asked Mr. Cameron," ever since my mom gave me my first painting set when i was ten." I said smiling," well, i think this art class would be good for you." said Mr. Cameron," thanks Mr. C, i'll think about it." I said," i hope you go to it." Said Mr. Cameron," i promise i will." I said smiling. I walked out of the class to see Spencer waiting out in front of the class," hey." Said Spencer happily," hey." I said," so..what was that about?" Asked spencer," just about art." I said waving my notebook up," let's see um." Said Spencer. We both look down at my notebook," common." Said spencer begging but in a smooth way," okay." I said under a breath. I handed spencer my notebook and he started to look through them. Every now and then he would be make some looks," uh oh, are they that bad?" I asked," no, their amazing." Said Spencer looking deep into my eyes," thanks." I said," hey, can i have this one?" Asked Spencer," which one?" I asked. Spencer let's out a little chuckle," this one." Said Spencer taking out a picture of a heart with me and Spencer's name inside," oh my gosh, please give that back." I said freaking out," but it's sooo cute." Said Spencer waving the picture i made in front of my face," no, please." I said trying to grab it from him, but he pulls it away from my face. We ended up getting into one of those cute little jump higher contests with the piece of paper," come on we're gonna be late for class." I said," fine." Said Spencer giving my art back," thank you." I said getting it and putting it back into my notebook," we better get to class." I said then we both walk to class.

Spencer was too cute, i think he might like me. But i don't really know. As we get into the class, we slam the door from behind us," man, was that a hell of an entrance." Said spencer making everyone laugh,"Mr. Jacobs, Ms. Horan, your both late, isn't that cute." Said Ms. Case. Everyone giggles, except Kasidy, who was sitting at her desk chinching her pencil. Wow did she look pissed. We both sit at our desks and Ms. Case carries on with her lesson. Spencer sat by Kasidy once again in this clas too. Ugh did it really irritate me. I just tried to focuss on the board, but it was kind of hard, when all you could hear was Kasidy's stupid giggling.

"Come on, let's get a soda." Said Nikki asking me," okay." I said getting up from my seat and walking with Nikki," so when were you going to tell me that you and Spencer hung out the other day?" Asked Nikki," sorry, i just didn't know when to tell you." I said," it's fine, so how are you two after what Kasidy did?" Asked Nikki grabbing her soda from the machine then putting in another dollar," okay, we're pretty close right now." I said," so how soon until i can call you two Mr. And Mrs. Jacobs?" Asked Nikki," i don't know, i don't think he likes me." I said," are you kidding me? You two flirt twenty four seven." Said Nikki. I giggle as we approach our table," what's so funny?" Asked Spencer," nothing." I said smiling as we both sit down. We all joined onto the conversation on which person would be easier to be in a cage with, A lion or Ms. Case. We all agreed the lion. Lol.

The day went by pretty fast. Aparently Spencer and i were flirting all day. Which i don't understand how i missed that, i mean i just talk with him, i never thought of it as flirting. But i guess we were. I was dozed off i a glance. I was staring at spencer who was smiling and laughing at something his friends had said," so, are you just gonna stand here and stare at the guy, or are you just gonna drull over him?" Asked Adrienne," oh, um, i don't know, just staring at him is soo peacful." I said smiling. My brother drives up from behind me and honks his horn," hey, get on in." Said Mike," okay-"

"Actually, Maddie's gonna walk home today." Said Adrienne

"And you are?"asked Mike acting like all that

"I'm adrienne." Said Adrienne

"And Maddie is my sister." Said Mike unlocking the doors

" i'm Adrienne's friend, and i'm saying she's walking, so if you don't like it, deal with it!" Said Adrienne. Mike gives Adrienne a smirk," sassy isn't she, fine, if mom asks, i drove you home and stopped went some where else afterwards." Said Mike driving  away. Adrienne and i both look at each other," you are sassy, but i like um sassy." I said wraping one of my arms around her shoulder and she wraps her arm around me," thanks doll." Said adrienne walking me towards Spencer," hey spencer, Maddie's brother ditched her for a ride, do you wanna walk her home?" Asked Adrienne," adrienne." I whispered at her and nudged at her," sure." Said Spencer excited," just let me grab something real quick." Said Spencer. I waited for Spencer to come out," adrienne, what are you doing?" I asked," i want you two to be together already." Said Adrienne," thanks, but i don't-"

" just do it." Said Adrienne," mkay." I said," have fun." Said Adrienne waving goodbye and leaving," hey, ready to go?" Asked Spencer," yeah." I said then we sarted to walk. We walked around the neighborhood and talked. I got to learn a lot of things about him. His favorite color is green, he likes to play basketball too, he wants to drive a red sports car one day, and wants to go to stanford when he grows up. I told him a lot about my self too. As we got to my house we stop and stare at each other," so..." i said,"so..." said Spencer. Spencer leans in and....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
999K 22.6K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
170K 1K 34
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...