Worlds Colliding (Pretty Litt...

By katherinep97

All rights go to the creators of Pretty Little Liars (TV and Books), except for the fanfiction characters and... More

Characters
Chapter 1 - Pilot
Chapter 2 - The Jenna Thing
Chapter 3 - To Kill a Mocking Girl
Chapter 4 - Can You Hear Me Now?
Chapter 5 - Reality Bites Me
Chapter 6 - There's No Place Like Homecoming
Chapter 7 - The Homecoming Hangover
Chapter 8 - Please, Do Talk About Me When I'm Gone
Chapter 9 - The Perfect Storm
Chapter 10 - Keep Your Friends Close
Chapter 11 - Moments Later
Chapter 12 - Salt Meets Wound
Chapter 13 - Know Your Frenemies
Chapter 14 - Careful What U Wish 4
Chapter 15 - If At First You Don't Succeed, Lie, Lie Again
Chapter 16 - Je Suis une Amie
Chapter 17 - The New Normal
Chapter 18 - The Badass Seed
Chapter 19 - A Person of Interest
Chapter 20 - Someone to Watch Over Me
Chapter 21 - Monsters in the End

Chapter 22 - For Whom the Bell Tolls

74 6 0
By katherinep97

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/217520

From 1.02 - The Jenna Thing: In Dakota's room, Aria, Dakota, Spencer, Emily, Hanna and Alison were trying on clothes and looking at their outfits.

Demi: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (Pretty Little Liars)"

Alison walked closer to the window. "I see you!"

"Who was it?" Dakota asked.

Alison scoffed. "It was that perv, Toby Cavanaugh."

From 1.03 - To Kill a Mocking Girl: In the street, Toby and Alison were arguing.

"I'll make sure everybody knows," Alison told him.

From 1.01 - Pilot: In the street, Dakota looked at Aria. "I heard the cops took Hanna and Madison to the police station today."

"You don't think Hanna would ever talk about..." Aria trailed off.

Hanna approached them, finishing the sentence. "The Jenna Thing? We made a promise."

From 1.01 - Pilot: In the church, the girls were sitting together for the funeral.

Spencer turned in her seat, whispering. "Oh, my God. It's Jenna."

From 1.16 - Je Suis une Amie: In the Hastings House, Melissa walked closer to Peyton. "Whatever it is you're holding onto, it's got to stop."

From 1.14 - Careful What U Wish 4: In the Hastings House, the girls were watching the video sent to them by A. Alison took the camera, turning it to Ian. The girls gasped in shock.

Peyton: (voice over from 1.16 - Je Suis une Amie) "I think he's dangerous."

From 1.16 - Je Suis une Amie: In the Hastings House, Melissa looked at Peyton. "And I think you need help. Peyton, we're pregnant."

From 1.21 - Monsters in the End: In Ezra's apartment, Aria was sitting at Ezra's computer, seeing the picture of Ezra and Jackie. 

Aria: (voice over from 1.21 - Monsters in the End) "I saw a photo on your website page of you and Jackie. Why did you break it off?"

From 1.21 - Monsters in the End: In Ezra's apartment, Ezra looked at Aria. "I didn't. She did."

From 1.20 - Someone to Watch Over Me: In the McCoy House, Dakota was arguing with Caleb. "You did this for money?"

"Jenna offered me cash to make myself available to you," Caleb explained.

"You were spying on me, the whole time," Dakota told him.

Caleb shook his head. "No, not the whole time."

From 1.20 - Someone to Watch Over Me: Outside school, Demi and Ryan were arguing.

"What would you have liked me to do, Demi?" Ryan replied.

"I don't know, not hold a secret that could destroy one of my best friends after she's already gone through every form of hell," Demi answered in honest sarcasm. "Whatever this was, it was a mistake. One I won't be making again."

From 1.21 - Monsters in the End: In the McCoy House, Jean looked at Caleb. "Dakota doesn't need one more guy in her life leaving without saying goodbye."

From 1.21 - Monsters in the End: At the carnival, Madison looked at Caleb. "You really hurt her, Caleb. After everything she went through, how could you do that to her?"

Later after Madison left, Caleb handed the letter to Mona. "Make sure she gets this."

Later after Caleb left, Mona ripped the letter out, throwing it in the trash, pouring a slushy into the trash. One piece of the letter said: I love you, Dakota.

Hanna: (voice over from 1.21 - Monsters in the End) "Are they going somewhere?"

From 1.21 - Monsters in the End: At the carnival, Caleb and Ryan were about to get on the bus, while Dakota, Demi, Hanna, Madison, Pen and Aria were talking.

"Arizona," Demi answered, having the overwhelmed, conflicted feeling again.

Dakota shook her head, still set to act like she didn't care, trying to shut herself off so that it didn't hurt anymore. "Who cares?"

"Obviously you do, even though you're trying to convince us you don't," Pen answered.

"Dakota, Demi, hey," Madison told them. "Go over there and say something. Go... before they do."

Caleb and Ryan looked over the festival, pausing when they saw Demi and Dakota with the girls.

Demi froze as she and Ryan locked eyes, their feelings from earlier the same as now, but still left so complicated to where neither of them could deal with it right now, even though they were scared that this could be their only chance.

Demi wanted to go over there and tell him not to leave, but she had to focus on what was happening with her family. "I can't. I have to get Spencer and Peyton. You guys go."

Demi's gaze remained locked on Ryan's a moment longer before turning around, walking away in search of her sisters.

Ryan was not surprised but understanding, sighing, walking onto the bus.

Caleb looked at Dakota with such guilt in his eyes, knowing how much he hurt her after everything she had already been through, and that he probably ruined his chance with her forever.

Dakota couldn't meet Caleb's gaze knowing that if she did, she would likely forget everything and forgive him when he did nothing to deserve that yet, and she didn't want to keep going through anything like this ever again. "No. Now, come on."

Dakota, Pen, Aria, Hanna and Madison walked away.

Caleb walked onto the bus.

From 1.21 - Monsters in the End: In the Hastings House, the Hastings girls were talking.

"Toby's a friend," Spencer told them.

"You need to be careful about who you associate with," Veronica told them.

From 1.21 - Monsters in the End: At the carnival, Spencer and Toby kissed passionately. Melissa, Veronica and Ian were in shock, except for Peyton and Demi.

Peyton smirked slightly.

Demi looked down, wishing that she could have done something like this with Ryan before it was too late, fearing that it already was, but not wanting to let Spencer make the same mistake.

Peyton: (voice over from 1.21 - Monsters in the End) "I thought you were on our side."

From 1.21 - Monsters in the End: In the street, Peyton and Garrett were talking.

"If being trailed is gonna help clear your name, better it's me than someone who thinks you're guilty," Garrett told her.

From 1.21 - Monsters in the End: In Dakota's room, Spencer, the girls were watching the flash drive on Dakota's computer.

"Someone's been spying on us for years," Emily told them.

"Why did Alison have these videos?" Pen asked.

Demi frowned. "Is this why she was killed?"

---- -----

Same Night - Same Scene

Day One

Night - McCoy House - Dakota's Room

The girls were still watching the videos from the flash drive they had found, on Dakota's laptop.

"Is that Jenna?" Hanna asked.

"Who's she talking to?" Madison asked.

They saw Jenna turn around to face Toby in the video.

"Toby," Peyton answered.

"It's not right," Toby told her.

"There's nothing wrong about us, Toby," Jenna told him. "We're not really related. Be so easy for me to convince your Daddy and my Mommy that you've been forcing yourself on me." She took off his shirt. "You have no idea who you're dealing with."

Spencer had to look away. "Turn it off."

Dakota closed her laptop.

"Do you realize what these videos are?" Aria asked. "They're of us... Ali, Jenna. We're young girls in our bedrooms changing clothes. We're naked."

"Exposed," Lucy told them.

"Do you think someone was watching us and getting off on it?" Pen asked.

"Well, we all know who had a thing for younger girls," Dakota told them.

"I feel sick," Emily told them.

Demi nodded in agreement. "You're not the only one."

"In some of these, we were just kids," Hanna told them.

"Ian's been watching us for years," Madison told them.

"And he killed Alison to make sure nobody found out," Pen told them.

"I wish Ali would've told us about these videos," Emily admitted.

"You guys, it's not too late to help her," Spencer told them, taking the flash drive out of the computer. "We can use this to prove that Ian killed Alison."

"How are we gonna do that?" Lucy asked.

"We start by finding out what Jenna knows," Peyton answered.

"Are you on something?" Dakota asked.

"Jenna's at the top of our A-list," Demi told them.

"Look, I get it, okay?" Peyton asked. "But she knows that these videos existed. She was looking for them. That's why she hired Caleb to find that key."

"Peyton, how are we ever supposed to believe anything that bitch says?" Madison asked.

"If that bitch is A, this could be a trap," Lucy told them.

"You guys, Ian was watching all of us," Emily told them. "For all we know, he still is."

Dakota stood, walking toward the window, looking outside, but saw nothing. 

Pen sighed. "Spencer and Peyton are right. We have to try."

Demi sighed, nodding. "Fine."

"All right," Aria agreed.

Dakota turned to face them. "We've been afraid of her since The Jenna Thing. And now we finally have something that she wants."

Lucy nodded in agreement. "Alison gave it to us."

They all looked at each other, sighing.

---- -----

Opening Credits

(Song) Secret - The Pierces

A closeup of Lucy's brown eyes showed her applying mascara to her lashes.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Got a secret."

Dakota applied lipgloss to her lips with a small brush.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Can you keep it?"

Spencer fastened her black high heel.

Peyton zipped up her dress.

Demi pulled her hair up into an updo.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Swear this one you'll save."

Hanna curled a piece of her blonde hair.

Madison painted her nails pink.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Better lock it."

Aria applied eyeshadow to her eye.

The Pierces: (voice over) "In your pocket."

Pen stood next to Alison's coffin, closing her eyes.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Taking this one."

Emily folded Alison's arms over her chest.

The Pierces: (voice over) "To the grave."

Mara, Lucy and Emily closed the coffin.

The Pierces: (voice over) "If I show you then I know you."

The girls were standing around Alison's coffin, all in black funeral dresses.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Won't tell what I said."

There was a closeup of Pen. She put a finger to her lips. "Shh."

The Pierces: (voice over) "'Cause two can keep a secret."

Pen disappeared.

A message appeared in the clouds that had been behind her.

Worlds Colliding (Pretty Little Liars)

The Pierces: (voice over) "If one of them is dead."

---- -----

Day Two

Morning - Montgomery House - Kitchen

Byron walked toward the table, sitting down next to Ella. "So I will cover this booster meeting if you could pick Mike and Evan up after practice."

"Sure, um, and if it's okay with you, they can stay at my place," Ella told him.

Byron sighed. "Listen, thank you so much for coming over here. It just makes it so much easier to do it in person."

Ella nodded in agreement. "Yeah. And thanks for the coffee. You still make the best cup in town."

Ella stood, starting to walk away.

Byron turned after her. "I'm having the faculty mixer tonight." Evan walked downstairs, getting ready to leave for school and football practice, stopping when he heard their voices. "Everybody would love to see you."

"Oh, I don't know, Byron," Ella told him.

Evan stood in the foyer, watching them from the doorway.

"Come on," Byron told her. "It'll be fun."

Byron stood, walking toward Ella.

Ella chuckled. "Well, it's just... what are we saying, 'welcome to our home?' I mean, I don't exactly live here anymore."

"It's just a party, Ella," Byron pointed out.

Evan walked in. "Dad? Hey, can I help? Bet we make a great team."

Byron smiled. "Absolutely. I'll take you up on that offer."

"Okay, bye," Evan told him.

"Bye," Byron told him, walking out, heading to work.

Evan walked toward Ella.

Jack walked in from the other side of the kitchen. "Nice save for that one."

"Thanks, Jack," Evan replied.

"So, you two heard us?" Ella asked. 

Jack nodded, chuckling. "Oh, yeah. I heard you."

"This is about so many different things," Ella told them. "I hope you know that. There's just no simple fix."

Evan sighed. "Look, Dad cares too much to say this, but you either love him or you don't. So you should probably figure it out. Because it sucks. For all of us." He looked at Jack. "I'll wait at the car."

Jack handed Evan his car keys.

Evan walked out of the house.

Ella was stunned.

Jack sighed, looking down. "You know, I know it sucks for you too. But Evan's right. This entire thing has been dragging all of us down. It's confusing as hell to all of us. To Evan and Mike especially." Ella nodded sadly. "I just hope it gets better soon."

Ella nodded, sniffing. "So do I, Jack."

---- ----- 

McCoy House - Kitchen

Dakota walked into the kitchen to see Jean.

Jean was pouring coffee. "Coffee's fresh."

"No, thanks," Dakota told her. "Just came down to get supplies."

"Supplies?" Jean repeated.

Dakota sighed. "Yep. I'm spending the rest of my life in bed."

Jean chuckled. "Oh, yeah. I tried that... after your father left, after what happened to you. But then I knew that you needed me, and you convinced me I was pretty and smart. I'm sorry you're hurting, Dakota. But you're gonna go take a shower, put on something nice, and know that I'm making you go to work and school because I love you." She set out a cup of coffee on the counter for Dakota. "Here." Dakota sat down at the counter. Jean walked around it to sit next to Dakota, rubbing a hand over her back. "What did the letter say?"

Dakota looked at her in confusion. "What letter?"

"Caleb brought you a letter," Jean explained. "After he left here yesterday, he was on his way to give it to you."

"Well, I guess he decided not to," Dakota told her.

"He seemed pretty determined to find you," Jean told her.

"Oh, he found me, looked at me, and then got on the bus to Bastardville with Ryan," Dakota told her.

Jean managed a small, reassuring smile. "They won't be alone there."

Dakota smiled a small smile.

---- -----

Hastings House - Kitchen

The Hastings girls were sitting at the counter, eating breakfast. Melissa was reading a newspaper.

Ian walked in. "Mm. Hey, babe, you, uh, sure you don't want me to give you a ride to the church?"

"Don't be silly," Melissa told him. "I can walk from the station, Daddy."

Peyton looked as if she would get sick after hearing Melissa call Ian 'Daddy'. Spencer rolled her eyes. Demi closed her eyes, shaking her head.

Veronica grabbed a newspaper to read.

Ian chuckled. "Okay." He walked toward Melissa to kiss her. "I'll see you later."

"Bye," Melissa told him.

Ian walked out of the kitchen.

Demi waited until he was gone to speak. "Church?"

"We're planning the christening," Melissa explained.

Peyton took a drink. "Isn't that a little premature, you know, if it's not born a human?"

Melissa and Veronica gave Peyton a look.

"That's not funny," Melissa told her.

"Well, humor's subjective," Spencer told them.

Melissa stood. "No, I know how you three feel about Ian, but I honestly thought you'd be happy about this baby."

"Melissa..." Demi trailed off.

Melissa walked away.

Veronica looked at Peyton. "That was cruel."

Peyton shrugged, looking down. "I'm sorry."

Veronica put her newspaper down. "Well, it doesn't help to tell me that."

Demi and Spencer looked at Peyton. Peyton sighed, feeling guilty.

---- -----

Fields House - Emily's Room

Emily was emailing Samara, smiling, sitting on her bed with Lucy, who was studying. Mara walked in, knocking on the door lightly, smiling.

Pam walked in with Mara. "I need to talk to all of you about something."

"Is Dad okay?" Emily asked. Pam walked closer to sit down with the sisters. "Mom. Mara?"

"Yes, Emily, he's fine," Mara answered. "He's fine." She sat down with them. "They extended Dad's assignment. And he wants us to come to Texas."

"You--you mean for a visit?" Lucy asked.

"For a year," Pam answered. "Look, we've been separated too long. It's not good for us."

"Mom, I--I get it," Lucy told her. "But..."

Pam sighed. "You know, maybe this is what we need, you know, a fresh start."

"We don't need a fresh start," Mara told her. "I told Dad that. I have a job here. My life is here. My friends. Emily and Lucy's friends and lives are here, too."

Emily nodded in agreement. "I felt like an outsider for so long. I'm just starting to feel like I belong here."

"Mom, I've never felt like I belonged anywhere," Lucy told her. "But I think I can finally feel that way. But only if we stay."

"Mara, you can transfer to a high school teaching job in Texas," Pam told her. "Emily is 16, and Lucy is 15. Family belongs together."

Mara, Lucy and Emily exchanged a look, sighing.

---- -----

Rosewood High School - Hallway

Aria was walking alone, talking on the phone. "I've been calling you all morning. Where are you?"

Ezra's voice was on the other line. "I was talking to the principal."

"What happened?" Aria asked, walking around the corner to see Ezra down the hall, as they continued to talk on the phone as they walked closer.

"I just gave my resignation," Ezra answered, hanging up.

"Ezra..." Aria trailed off, hanging up, walking closer.

Ezra chuckled. "Hollis offered me the job."

Aria hit Ezra in the chest, much to his surprise. "You scared the hell out of me."

"That hurt," Ezra complained.

"I don't care," Aria told him. "The cops, the ten messages you sent me doesn't ring a bell?"

"I'm sorry," Ezra told her. "I panicked last night because the guy was standing in my doorway asking questions about students." The bell rang, releasing students into the hallway, so Aria and Ezra walked to a less populated part of the hall to talk. "We're fine. Wasn't about you. It was about Spencer, Peyton and Demi and the trophy and props, and I..." He chuckled. "Aria, I'm not gonna be your teacher anymore. We can grab a cup of coffee, go to a reading. We can live outside my apartment."

Aria smiled, chuckling. "I'm sorry I punched you, Professor Fitz."

Ezra nodded, looking around. "So, I'll be attending the faculty mixer at your house tonight."

Aria nodded in remembrance. "Right, I'll give you the tour." She whispered. "I'll show you my room."

Ezra chuckled, clearing his throat. "Okay then."

Aria smiled, walking away.

Down the hall, Hanna, Madison, Pen, Dakota and Demi were walking together.

"So, he was supposed to give you a letter?" Hanna asked. Dakota nodded. "But you never got it."

"And I just feel like I made a huge mistake with Ryan, and..." Demi trailed off.

"Do you mean kissing him or letting him leave without saying goodbye?" Pen asked. She looked at both Dakota and Demi. "Or not asking Caleb and Ryan to stay?"

Dakota and Demi didn't know the answer.

"That sucks," Madison told them sympathetically. "And I mean that with complete sensitivity and sincerity."

Dakota and Demi nodded.

Mona joined them walking down the hallway. "Are we talking about that sketchy Caleb and Ryan again?" Hanna nodded. "Dakota, Demi, I know it hurts. They were your first boy toys, and that's oh-so-romantic, but..." Mona scoffed. "You deserve better."

"Caleb told Dakota's Mom he wrote Dakota a letter," Pen told her. "He didn't leave anything for her, did he?"

"Well, let's pretend he did," Mona told them. "It wouldn't change anything. I mean, he was a jerk. You wanted him to go away, right?"

Dakota sighed. "You know, I think I'm more mad at myself than him."

"For what?" Madison asked.

"For being stupid," Dakota answered. "I actually believed he loved me."

"I'm sorry," Hanna told her.

Demi nodded.

Mona walked away, leaving.

Peyton, Spencer, Aria, Lucy and Emily walked toward Dakota, Demi, Madison, Hanna and Pen.

Peyton looked at Dakota and Demi. "Hey. Still thinking about Caleb and Ryan?" Dakota, Demi, Madison, Hanna and Pen nodded. "Demi, Dakota, I'm so sorry."

Spencer sniffed, nodding. "Yeah, me too. I know I've been a little harsh on the topic of Caleb and Ryan since the beginning."

"A little?" Demi asked sarcastically.

Spencer tilted her head. "Can I apologize here?"

The girls smiled a bit.

"Apology accepted," Dakota told her.

"Good," Aria told them.

"It's gonna be okay," Lucy told them.

Emily nodded. "It'll get better."

Jenna walked past them down the hall.

---- -----

Music Room 

The girls followed Jenna into the empty music room.

"Who's there?" Jenna asked.

"It's Pen, Madison, Hanna, Spencer, Demi and Peyton," Spencer answered.

Jenna turned to face them. "Who else?"

"Emily, Lucy, Aria and Dakota," Madison answered.

"Should I call security?" Jenna asked.

Dakota rolled her eyes.

"We have what you hired Caleb to find," Pen told her.

"You didn't think it was wrong, but Toby did," Peyton told her.

"So, you've seen it?" Jenna asked.

"Every frame," Demi answered.

"What do you want from me?" Jenna asked.

"The truth," Hanna answered. "Can you handle that?"

---- / -----

Jenna sighed. "Look, when I said Alison came to visit me at the hospital, I was telling you the truth. She didn't come to talk about you, Spencer. That was a lie."

"And how do we know that you're not lying to us now?" Aria asked.

"You knew Alison, okay?" Jenna asked. She turned her head toward the general direction of Pen. "Pen, you knew her better than anyone. You knew what she was capable of."

"We're listening," Lucy told her.

"It was the day before she went missing," Jenna explained. "When you and Alison were on your way home from Georgia, Pen. She had just found the video..." She sighed. "She couldn't wait to play it for me."

---- -----

Flashback 1 

Day - Hospital Room 

Jenna was wearing her glasses, and Alison was visible in the reflection, in the same outfit she had been wearing when Alison and Pen had come home from Georgia. Alison was showing her the video.

Jenna: (on video) "It'll be so easy to convince your Daddy and my Mommy that you've been forcing yourself on me."

Alison paused the video.

"Where did you get that?" Jenna asked.

"The guy I like likes to make movies," Alison answered. "I thought they were just of me. You think you know people... and then they surprise you. Turns out, the boy next door gets off on watching all the girls next door. And darling Jenna isn't the victim. Freak Toby is."

Jenna hesitated. "I'm not proud of that."

Alison scoffed, chuckling. "I so don't care. I'm gonna keep this under lock and key. And if you keep our secret, it'll stay there."

"Fine," Jenna told her.

Alison smirked. "I thought you'd see it my way." She closed her laptop, picking it up to leave. "Oh, and Jenna, if you ever come back to Rosewood, I'll bury you."

Alison walked away.

---- -----

Now

Day - Rosewood High School - Music Room 

The girls were talking to Jenna.

"She was on her way home from Georgia?" Emily asked.

"Th--that's what she said," Jenna told them. "And then she made some joke about her... tan. Too bad I couldn't see it."

Pen looked at the other girls. "Before Ali and I got in the car to come back, she did disappear for a few hours that day. She never told me where she went."

The girls didn't know if that meant that Jenna's story was true or not, but it was enough to make them question if it was true.

Madison looked at Jenna. "Did she tell you anything else?"

"It was a short visit," Jenna told them. "Look, I--I have given you what you've asked for. What are you gonna give me?"

"We'll make sure the video stays in a safe place," Spencer told her.

Jenna chuckled without humor, like she had expected that. "Okay." The girls cleared away to allow Jenna to walk toward the door. "We've all made mistakes." She turned to look in the general direction of Spencer, Dakota, Hanna, Emily and Aria. "Remember, I'm still paying for yours."

Jenna walked out, leaving.

Hanna sighed. "Sick. For all we know, she wrote that story."

"And we still don't know how Ali got the video," Emily told them.

"Yes, we do," Aria told them. "That video was Alison's insurance policy, and she cashed it in the day that she got it."

"Which means she was with Ian when she found it," Dakota told them.

"And she couldn't wait to play that video for Jenna," Peyton told them. "God, do you remember how happy Ali was when she came back from that trip? I think it's because, for her, The Jenna Thing was over."

"Nice of her to share the safety net with us," Spencer told them sarcastically.

Emily thought of the words Alison had told them that day. "'Wait for it, girls. Wait for it.'"

"Wait for what?" Lucy asked.

"That's what Ali said when we met her at the taxi," Dakota told them. "Maybe that's what we were waiting for."

"Do you remember at Alison's funeral, when we were all wondering why Jenna was there?" Lucy asked. "If she's telling the truth, Jenna came back because she could."

Pen looked at them sadly. "Yeah. And Ali's the one who got buried."

They all sighed.

---- -----

Cafeteria 

Peyton, Madison, Pen, Lucy, Emily, Spencer, Hanna, Dakota, Demi and Aria were sitting together.

"Mara's trying to see what she can do about getting her a place, so that she can stay in Rosewood," Lucy explained. "And she offered me and Emily to stay with her while Mom goes to Texas for Dad."

Madison sighed. "Out of everything.... I think that's the most fair. Have I ever told you guys how awesome your older sister is? I think Mara's the most awesome older sister in Rosewood."

They all chuckled in agreement.

Dakota walked toward them with a bag. "I got it."

Dakota sat down.

"Okay, you're sure Ian can't trace this number back to us?" Spencer asked.

"It's a prepaid phone, I used cash, and the number isn't registered, so..." Dakota trailed off, pulling out the phone. "Service is anonymous."

"How do you know this stuff?" Hanna asked.

"My Dad used a lot of these phones so creeps like the guys who took me on homecoming couldn't trace him," Dakota answered. "They got smart, though, and started to trace me and my mom to find us." She showed them the phone. "Homeland Security is trying to ban these things."

They heard Ian and his team chatting across the lunch room.

"He acts like he doesn't have a care in the world," Aria told them.

"He thinks he got away with it," Pen told them.

"Well, he hasn't," Peyton told them.

"We're gonna make sure of it," Demi agreed.

"Okay, so we convince Ian that this isn't about anything but money," Spencer told them. "Hopefully, that'll throw him off of us. If he wants his home movies, it's just gonna cost him. And then when he shows up for the swap, we..."

Hanna picked up her cell. "Make our own movie."

Peyton nodded. "Right, and we take that, the flash drive, and the prepaid phone into the police."

"The second he responds with a text, we know that he's guilty," Pen told them.

Dakota texted Ian from the prepaid phone.

I have Ali's video

"Send it already," Madison told her.

Dakota hit send.

The girls looked toward Ian.

Ian's phone chimed. He pulled it out to look at the message. He put the phone away, walking off, leaving.

"There must've been a part of me that didn't believe it, because I just..." Lucy trailed off. "I--I feel..."

"Numb?" Emily finished.

"Somehow I--I thought I'd feel better when we found out for sure," Pen admitted.

"Me too," Aria agreed.

"Well, I know what they do to guys like him in prison, and that makes me feel a lot better," Hanna told them.

Demi nodded, semi sarcastic. "Nice, Hanna."

Dakota's phone beeped. She sighed, checking the message. "It's just my Mom making sure I stayed out of bed." The prepaid phone beeped. Dakota picked it up instantly. "He wants to know what we want."

Hanna took the phone from Dakota, texting Ian.

Bring $10,000 to Willow Park. 9pm. Come alone.

Hanna hesitated before hitting send.

Mona walked toward them. "Is this the 'Let's love on Dakota and Demi' lunch committee?" She sat on the other side of Hanna, looking at Dakota and Demi. "Feeling better, sweeties?"

"Sure," Demi said. "Thanks, Mona."

"And I'm sorry, I have this thing that I have to do," Dakota told them, taking the prepaid phone from Hanna, standing, walking away.

"And then there were nine," Mona told them.

"I'll help," Pen told them.

"Yeah, me too," Peyton told them.

"Me, three," Lucy told them.

"We should all go," Aria added.

Emily nodded. "Yep."

All the girls aside from Madison, Hanna and Mona stood, walking away.

"And then there were three," Mona told them.

"Um, I'm--I'm really sorry, Mona, but Dakota has this thing, and she really needs her friends right now," Madison told her. "You know, it's not just the Caleb thing, the Applerose Grille thing, or the kidnapping thing. It's kinda an 'all of the above' thing."

Madison and Hanna stood, walking away.

Mona looked down. "And then there was Mona." She noticed that Dakota's phone was on the table, ringing. "Dakota!" She noticed that all of the girls were gone, picking up Dakota's phone, seeing that Caleb was calling. She answered. "Caleb. I'm glad you called."

---- / -----

Mona was still talking to Caleb on Dakota's phone. "Yeah, I gave her your letter and she threw it the trash. Do yourself a favor, Caleb. Lose her number, because she's already lost yours. Yeah, bye bye birdie. Sayonara, Sam. Hello?" Mara was standing behind Mona, having overhead the phone conversation. Mona saw her. "What's that look about, Mara?" Mona stood. "Having your period?"

"Dakota never got that letter, did she?" Mara asked. They walked through the cafeteria. "She thinks he left without saying goodbye. Like her Dad did after the kidnapping. You know, you act like such a terrible person, but I always thought some of it was just an act. I guess I was wrong."

Mona turned to face Mara. "I didn't give her the letter because Caleb really hurt her. You think we should let him do that to her again?"

"I see no combination of 'you' and 'I' that forms 'we'," Mara told her. 

Mona sighed. "I know I made a lot of jokes about you being a gopher during the school play, but I was just having fun."

Mara scoffed. "Is that your version of an apology?"

"I am sorry," Mona told her. "And if you forget about the stupid letter, I'll make it up to you."

"I don't need anything from you, Mona," Mara told her. "In fact, I don't need any favors. From anyone. But thanks. I, for one, know that Dakota still likes Caleb, and that Caleb still likes her. And Demi still likes Ryan, and Ryan still likes her. And if one guy in Dakota's life wants to make amends after what happened to her, then they both should have that chance. And Dakota's miserable right now after everything she's been through. She deserves the chance to be happy. And so do Demi, and Ryan."

"And you think that Dakota and Demi can be happy with Caleb and Ryan after what they did?" Mona asked skeptically.

Mara shrugged. "I don't know what happened between them. But I do know that a lot of high school relationships have a lot of mistakes and a lot of heartbreak. But it doesn't mean that it should just be over. Dakota was happy with Caleb before what happened. Maybe they can be that way again. Maybe it can work with Demi and Ryan, too. They just need to have that chance."

Mara walked away without another word. Mona looked annoyed and frustrated that she was getting involved, even though it was for the chance that Dakota and Demi could be happy again.

---- -----

Cavanaugh House - Jenna's Room 

Jenna was sitting on her bed, waiting. Her phone rang. She answered the phone. "They found the video, and they've seen it."

Ian was on the other line, in his truck. "You don't need to worry. I'm taking care of it, and I'll be there soon."

Ian hung up, driving away.

---- -----

Fields House - Outside 

Emily and Lucy got out of Emily's car after driving home from school.

Garrett walked toward them. "Lucy. Emily. Um, can we--can wee talk for a second?"

"Are you watching us now too?" Emily asked.

Garrett shook his head. "No, not at all. It's forced family fun night with the Reynolds. 'Dancing With the Stars' is on and they vote, so they're all really... invested."

Lucy nodded. "When we realized you were a cop, we thought we had someone on our side."

"Well, it might not look like it, but I am on your side," Garrett told them. "I don't enjoy following Peyton and Spencer, even Demi, but if they haven't done anything wrong..."

"If?" Emily repeated.

"I didn't mean it like that," Garrett told them. "Off the record, I know they wouldn't have done anything to hurt Alison." He handed them a piece of paper. "Here's my cell number. Call me if you need anything."

Lucy looked at the paper. "Thanks, Garrett."

Garrett nodded. "I'm glad I ran into you."

Emily forced a smile. "Me, too."

"Hey, uh, if you want to join in on the fun, there's a couple extra laz-e-boys," Garrett told them. "You know, if you wanted to call Mara over, too."

"Thanks, but we should really get going," Emily told him.

"That's cool," Garrett told them. "I get it."

(Song) Time to Be Your 21 - Alexz Johnson 

Emily and Lucy walked toward the house, seeing Mara and Dakota sitting on the porch.

"Dakota?" Lucy asked.

"I called Dakota over," Mara explained, handing Dakota's cellphone to her. "You left this in the cafeteria. I had to take it away from Mona. She was talking to Caleb, trying to sabotage an already broken relationship."

"Why would she do that?" Emily asked.

"Maybe because it's Mona," Lucy answered.

Mara chuckled, nodding in agreement, looking at Dakota. "Mona said something about a letter to Caleb while on the phone."

"What the hell is this letter I keep hearing about?" Dakota asked. "My Mom said something about it, too."

"I don't know, but I knew for some reason that you hadn't read it," Mara told her. "I think Mona had something to do with it, but I'm not sure."

Dakota looked up. "How did things get so screwed up?" She sighed, looking from the house to the Fields sisters. "Now your Mom's back there packing boxes."

Emily looked at Lucy and Mara. "Hmm, maybe we could pack her up."

The girls chuckled.

"I thought things were better between you guys," Dakota told them.

"They are," Lucy answered. "Texas is the beauty queen capital of America." She looked at Emily. "And that could be a good thing, if that's your type."

Emily shook her head. "It's not."

"So, you have a type?" Lucy asked teasingly. 

Emily and Mara gave Lucy an amused look. 

Dakota smiled, speaking with a southern accent. "Okay, just promise me that y'all won't come back with big hair."

Emily chuckled. "We promise. Well, I'm glad you're here. We don't want to be alone."

Dakota linked her arms with Emily and Lucy's. Lucy smiled, leaning her head against Dakota's shoulder, while Emily leaned her head against Dakota's head. Mara smiled at the fact that the three sisters had gotten Dakota to smile and in a better mood.

---- -----

DiLaurentis House (Temporary) - Pen's Room 

Pen was laying on her bed, studying. Evan was sitting in a chair, reading. They kept glancing at each other, smiling.

"Are you sure this is how you want to spend the afternoon?" Evan asked.

Pen smiled. "I like having you here."

Evan smiled. "I like being here. Do you want to talk about what's going on with you?"

"What do you mean?" Pen asked.

"I mean, I haven't been blind to whatever you're going through," Evan answered. "And you keep saying that it's just about Alison and everything going on with your family and friends... but it just seems to be a lot more than that."

Pen shook her head, sitting up, looking nervous about Evan finding out the truth because he could get hurt, but she also didn't want to lie to him. "No, it's just what I've been saying. You know, a lot of things going on. And I haven't been sleeping much, and I don't like being alone because of everything that happened with Ali."

"You have a lot of paranoia, Pen," Evan pointed out. "Lot of depression that I've been trying to help with."

"Yeah, well, you have been helping me," Pen told him, smiling. "Distraction king Evan Montgomery can't help but help get my mind off these things."

Evan put his book down. "Speaking of distractions... Come here." Pen looked up. "Come over here."

Pen stood, walking closer. "What?" Evan stood, turning his chair to face the window, opening the window, sitting down again. Pen sat down with him so he could hold her as they looked out of the window, smiling. "Thank you."

"For what?" Evan asked.

"For always being here for me," Pen answered. "For getting me to live my life again."

Pen and Evan looked at each other, smiling, kissing slowly, sweetly and passionately for a long moment, pulling away, leaning their heads together. They continued to look outside as a warm breeze blew in, relaxed, happy and content in the moment.

---- -----

Marin House - Rooftop

Hanna was sitting on the rooftop outside of her window.

Jack climbed out of the window to sit next to Hanna on the roof. "Hey."

"Hey," Hanna replied, smiling a small smile. "Thanks for coming."

"Anytime," Jack replied. "You okay?"

Hanna really wanted to tell Jack the truth, but like with Pen with Evan, she didn't want to put him in danger. "Yeah. Just a lot going on."

"With your friends and family and all that," Jack finished.

Hanna nodded. "Yeah."

Jack tilted his head in thought. "Me too." Hanna nodded. "You know you can tell me anything, Hanna."

"I know," Hanna agreed.

"I know something more is going on," Jack told her. "I'm not stupid."

"I never thought you were," Hanna told him.

"And I'm not pushing," Jack added. "I just... you've been there with me, for me, through this whole ordeal with my parents. Let me be there for you, too."

"You've been there for me for everything I needed you to be, Jack," Hanna told him. "Including when Madison got hit by a car. You're doing more than enough. Trust me."

Jack looked at Hanna for a moment, nodding, smiling a bit. "Okay."

Hanna smiled. "Okay."

Hanna leaned in to kiss Jack slowly but passionately which he returned in kind before they pulled away.

Jack held his arm toward her. "Come here."

"Don't you have that party of yours to get to?" Hanna asked.

"My parents' party," Jack corrected. "And I can be a little late, or skip it all together."

Hanna smiled and leaned against Jack's side as they wrapped their arms around each other, looking out over the view they had from sitting on the roof, the breeze calming them into contentness as they closed their eyes and just held each other close.

(End of Song)

---- -----

Cavanaugh House - Jenna's Room 

Jenna was facing her collection of snow globes and knickknacks, talking to someone. "Alison's so cunning. She's still taunting us from the grave. If this video gets out, we will lose everything."

Jenna turned to face Garrett.

Garrett walked closer. "I won't let that happen."

"Promise me?" Jenna asked.

Garrett took Jenna's glasses off of her face. "I promise you."

They started to kiss.

---- / -----

Montgomery House - Living Room 

(Song) Coming To - Apex Manor 

There were many people over at the Montgomery House for the faculty mixer that Byron was hosting.

Aria, Evan and Jack were helping with the party.

Aria and Ezra were looking at each other secretly from across the room.

Someone was at the door.

Aria went to answer it, opening it to see Ezra's ex fiancé, Jackie.

Jackie smiled. "Hi, I'm Jackie Molina. Is this the Montgomery House?"

"What are you doing here?" Aria asked suspiciously.

"I teach at Hollis," Jackie answered. "This is the faculty mixer, right?"

Aria nodded, starting to walk away. "Excuse me."

Ezra saw Jackie standing in the door, frowning in confusion. Jackie smiled.

(End of Song)

---- -----

Hastings House - Spencer's Room

(Song) Far Far - Yael Naim

Spencer and Toby were sitting on her bed together, studying. Spencer's phone beeped. She looked at the text from Melissa.

Ian didn't show up for church. I need a ride. Bring Peyton and Demi.

Spencer sighed. "Ian never showed up at the church. She wants a ride. She wants me to bring Peyton and Demi. Probably to keep both of us from tearing each other apart."

They started to get up.

"I'll keep Jenna busy like you asked me to, but I wish I was going with you guys tonight," Toby admitted.

"Hey, you're helping me by finding out if she's a part of this or not," Spencer told him. Toby nodded understandingly. "Look, I've never had a safe place to land, but now I feel like I do. So... I want you to stay safe."

Toby nodded. "If you need anything tonight, I'll be there for you."

Spencer smiled. "I love knowing that."

Spencer and Toby kissed sweetly for a moment, pulling away, smiling.

(End of Song)

---- -----

Montgomery House - Aria's Room

Ezra knocked on the door, walking in to talk to Aria. 

"What were you thinking?" Aria asked. "What, it didn't occur to you that she'd be here tonight?"

Ezra shook his head. "No, it didn't, Aria. I haven't seen her since last summer, and she was a TA then."

"I can't help but think that you still have feelings for her," Aria admitted. "There's no other reason for you to keep that from me."

Ezra walked closer. "She is not a part of my life anymore."

"Yes, she is," Aria argued. "She's downstairs having wine with my Dad."

Aria walked toward the door.

Ezra turned after her, chuckling nervously without humor. "I screwed up."

Aria turned to face him. "Not telling me about her was a lie."

"I'm sorry," Ezra told her.

(Song) Again Today / Hiding My Heart - Brandi Carlile 

"Until today, you were the one guy who had never lied to me," Aria told him, walking out of the room.

Ezra sighed in regret.

---- -----

McCoy House - Foyer

Dakota was sitting on the stairs, seeing that Caleb had called. She hesitated for a long moment, debating on deleting the contact or not, hitting cancel without deleting the contact, putting her phone away, letting two tears fall.

Hanna and Madison walked closer with slushies, having seeing what Dakota had been doing.

"Couldn't do it, huh?" Madison asked.

Dakota wiped her tears away before they saw, sighing. "No, I couldn't."

"Not being able to delete a guy who broke your heart from your phone is a big sign," Hanna pointed out. "Trust me. I would know."

Dakota chuckled without humor. "Well, Caleb's not the first guy that broke my heart that I haven't been able to delete from my phone, let alone my life."

"You talking about your Dad?" Hanna asked, sitting next to Dakota, handing her her slushie. Dakota nodded. Madison sat next to them. "Your Dad and Caleb may have screwed up big time, Dakota. But they both still care about you."

"I thought you two hated Caleb for what he did to me," Dakota told them.

Madison shrugged. "You were mad that he hurt you, so we were, too. And you pretended like you hated him, so same thing. And, well, if you still care about him... how can we hate him if you can't even hate him?"

Hanna smiled. "I love how wise Madison can be. It's like she was channeling Mara Fields."

"Makes sense for Madison," Ddakota teased.

"Yep," Hanna agreed.

Hanna and Madison got Dakota to smile and laugh a little, both of them smiling, too. They all started to drink their slushies.

"You two don't have to be here for me," Dakota told them. "I'm sure that you would rather be with Jack, Hanna."

"Jack's at a party at his house," Hanna explained. "Faculty mixer thrown by his parents."

"And we wanted to be here with you, Dakota," Madison told her.

Dakota smiled a small smile. "Thank you guys."

Hanna and Madison smiled.

---- -----

Night - On the Road - Mara's Car

Mara was driving.

Caleb was in the passenger seat.

Ryan was in the backseat. "So, why are you doing this?"

"Because Dakota and Demi deserve to be happy," Mara answered. "And with everything that's been going on with the McCoys and the Hastings this year, seems like they didn't deserve to lose something good in their lives." Caleb and Ryan were touched, moved. "Fair warning. Dakota might still be angry. It's apart of her IED disorder, but she lashes out in anger when she's hurt. And Demi's going through a rough time, too."

"If you're trying to tell me that trying to make everything up to Dakota after what she went through is gonna take a while, I already know that," Caleb told her. "And I've got the time. I wanna make it right."

"Same here," Ryan agreed. "For Demi, obviously."

Mara smiled a small smile. "Good."

"Your sisters, their friends... they're lucky to have you looking out for them, Mara," Caleb told her.

"All those friends definitely have a guardian angel looking after them," Ryan agreed.

Mara chuckled. "Yeah. I care about them a lot, and I want them to be happy. But I am very defensive of them, too."

"Is that your way of telling us don't do anything like that again or you'll hunt us down?" Caleb asked.

Mara shrugged. "Not in such a violent way. But you heard about what I did with Nick McCullers, right?"

Ryan nodded. "Oh, yeah. Trust me, Mara. We're not gonna get on your bad side."

Mara chuckled, smiling a little as she continued to drive. "Good. Remember that."

Caleb and Ryan exchanged an amused look and smile.

---- -----

On the Road - Spencer's Car 

Spencer was driving. Peyton was in the passenger seat.

Demi and Melissa were in the backseat.

Melissa shook her head. "I talked to him this afternoon. He was taking care of the contractor, then heading straight for the church. Something's wrong, I can feel it."

"Calm down, okay?" Demi asked.

Melissa was going through her purse, sighing in frustration. "I can't find my phone."

Peyton pulled out her phone. "Do you want me to call your number?"

Melissa looked up. "Damn it. I left it at the church."

"Melissa, you have to relax," Peyton told her. "Please, this cannot be good for the baby."

"Spoken like a sister who actually cares," Melissa told her.

"I--I care, okay?" Peyton asked. "We all care."

Melissa sighed, shaking her head. "I wish I could believe you."

Demi sighed. "We're sorry, okay? About everything."

"And I'm sorry about what I said," Peyton added.

"Do you want us to go back to the church?" Spencer asked.

Melissa nodded. "Yes."

A car drove right in front of their car, making the four Hastings sisters gasp before they crashed.

---- -----

Willow Park 

Pen, Madison, Hanna, Emily, Lucy, Aria and Dakota were waiting in the park.

Madison was trying to call Peyton. "Peyton, it's 7:30 and we're at the park. Where are you, Demi and Spencer?"

Madison hung up.

Hanna hung up her phone as well. "I just tried calling Spencer, too. About as much luck as we had getting hold of Peyton and Demi. Which is none."

Madison nodded sarcastically. "Thank you, Hanna. Like we didn't already know that."

"You're welcome," Hanna replied.

Emily sighed. "Guys, come on."

"Maybe they're on their way and they just don't have a signal," Lucy told them.

"What do you think's going on?" Madison asked worriedly. 

Pen shook her head, also slightly worried. "I don't know. If they're not here in ten minutes, we're calling the cops."

---- -----

Rosewood Hospital - Emergency Room 

Spencer, Peyton and Demi were waiting for their mother, a little rattled, worried and upset, but mostly okay.

Veronica walked in, running toward her daughters worriedly. "Demi! Peyton? Spencer?"

"She's stable, but they're monitoring the baby," Demi explained.

"Monitoring for what?" Veronica asked.

Peyton was worried. "They say it's too early to tell how significant the trauma was."

Veronica checked them for any signs of injuries. "And are you three okay?"

Spencer nodded, even though she looked like she was about to cry. "The car came out of nowhere."

"Spencer, it wasn't your fault," Peyton told her. 

"Come here," Veronica told them softly, pulling her daughters into an embrace.

Spencer embraced her sisters and mother, crying.

---- -----

Willow Park

Dakota, Hanna, Madison, Emily, Lucy, Aria and Pen were all sitting at the benches, waiting in boredom.

Pen's phone beeped. She picked it up.

"What?" Lucy asked.

"It's not Peyton, Demi or Spencer," Pen told them. "It's from A. It's for all of us." She read aloud. "'Buckle up, bitches. Nothing is as it seems. A'."

"Does A know we're here?" Emily asked.

"A knows everything," Madison told them.

They looked around the woodsy park worriedly.

---- -----

Rosewood Hospital - Melissa's Room 

Melissa was laying in bed, looking numb. 

Veronica, Spencer, Peyton and Demi were with her by the doorway.

"We have to find Ian," Demi told them. 

Veronica sighed softly. "I left him three messages."

Demi frowned, looking at her older sister worriedly. "She's not gonna relax until we find him."

Veronica nodded. "I know, sweetheart. Maybe he went to the church."

"She left her phone there, anyway," Peyton told them. "It's just a couple of blocks. I'll go look."

"Okay," Spencer agreed. "Just... hurry back. Be safe."

Peyton started to walk away.

Veronica turned after her. "Peyton, about what I said this morning." Peyton looked at her. "Melissa knows that all of you love her."

Peyton, Demi and Spencer nodded.

---- -----

Hallway 

Spencer and Demi followed Peyton into the hall.

A deputy walked closer. "Spencer, Peyton and Demetria Hastings?"

"Yeah," Spencer answered.

The deputy handed their bags to them. "We recovered this from your vehicle."

"Thank you," Demi told him.

The deputy walked away. 

Spencer, Peyton and Demi pulled out their phones, seeing that there were several messages from the other girls, asking, 'Where are you?' 'Call me?' 'We're worried, call one of us'.

Peyton turned to Spencer. "Call the girls, tell them what's going on. I'll go to the church and try to find Melissa's phone."

Spencer nodded. "Okay. Come right back, okay? Right back, Peyton. Melissa needs us. All of us. Demi and I'll stay here."

Peyton nodded in agreement, starting to back away. "Okay. Just call the girls, let them know what's going on."

"We'll call the girls," Demi assured. "You just be careful and make it back fast. Be careful, Peyton." Peyton turned around, walking away. "Spencer, do you..."

Spencer started to make a call, nodding. "I got it."

---- -----

Willow Park 

The other girls were getting restless and more worried.

A car pulled up.

"He's here," Emily told them.

Hanna's phone rang. She answered. "Spencer, where are you, Demi and Peyton? No, stay with Melissa. We're safe. Okay, bye."

Hanna hung up.

The girls stood nearby the car, but keeping a safe distance.

Garrett got out of the car, walking closer.

"Thanks for coming," Lucy told him.

"Trust me, I'm glad you called," Garrett told them.

The girls nodded.

---- / -----

Garrett searched the woods around the park, walking closer. "Okay. So, no one else knows you're here but me, right?"

"Well, I left a note for our Mom in case anything happened to us," Madison told him.

"All right, well, this looks like the only way in, so if Ian shows, I'll see him coming," Garrett told them.

Aria, Pen, Dakota, Emily, Lucy, Madison and Hanna exchanged a look.

---- -----

Church 

Peyton walked up to the church, up the steps, opening the door, looking around inside before she walked in. "Hello?"

---- -----

Willow Park 

Dakota, Aria, Pen, Emily, Lucy, Madison and Hanna were talking alone while Garrett was standing by his car.

"He's got a gun," Lucy told them.

"He does?" Aria asked.

"Guys, he's a cop," Dakota told them.

Hanna looked at Madison. "Maddie, did you really leave a note for our Mom?"

"Yeah," Madison told her sarcastically. "'Dear Mommy, we went to the woods to trap a killer'."

They looked toward Garrett.

---- -----

Church 

Peyton was looking for Melissa's phone, calling out. "Hello? Reverend Acker?"

Peyton pulled out her phone.

---- -----

Willow Park

A car pulled up toward the other girls and Garrett.

"Someone's coming," Emily told them.

Garrett jogged toward them. "I want all of you to stay out of sight." Hanna, Madison, Lucy, Emily, Aria, Pen and Dakota hid behind the tree line. The car pulled to a stop. A man got out of the car. Garrett aimed a gun at his head from behind. "Stop right there. Put your hands where I can see them and turn around."

"It's not Ian," Aria told them.

"Who the hell is that?" Lucy asked.

The man turned to face Garrett.

---- -----

Church 

Peyton used her phone to call Melissa's phone to find it, hearing it buzz, walking around to try and find the source of the sound. The door of the church slammed closed behind her, making her jump and look toward the door. Peyton looked between the pews, hearing the phone buzz behind her, turning around to see Ian standing there, jumping.

"Lose something?" Ian asked threateningly.

Peyton backed away.

---- -----

Willow Park 

Garrett pushed the man against the car.

"Look, someone paid me to drop off this bag and pick up a package," the man told him. "He found me online. My name is Logan Reed. I'm telling you the truth."

The girls looked through the bag.

Lucy was on the phone with Demi. "Demi, um, Ian didn't show. He sent a messenger. We're on our way to you, Peyton and Spencer, okay?"

Demi was pacing in the hospital. "Actually, Spencer and I are here, but Peyton's not. She went to the church to try and find Melissa's phone, but she's supposed to be back by now. She's not answering her phone. Spencer and I are getting really worried, guys."

Madison was listening to the call. "You think she's okay? Demi?"

Emily looked at them in confusion. "You think who's okay? What's wrong?"

"Madison?" Aria asked. "Lucy? What's going on?"

"Spencer and Demi are worried about Peyton," Madison answered. "Peyton went to the church. And now she's not answering her phone."

---- -----

Church 

Peyton backed away from Ian. "Melissa left her phone here. We've been trying to call you."

Ian chuckled without humor. "You know, I got the strangest text message today. The number was blocked, but I could reply to it." He called the burner phone that Dakota had given to Spencer and Peyton, and it started to ring in Peyton's pocket. Ian chuckled. "Yeah, asking for money. That was clever. Are your friends waiting for me?"

Peyton sighed, nervous but brave and angry. "Look, there's been an accident."

"Yeah, I know," Ian told her. "I got the messages. I've just been waiting for you to leave the hospital. And when Spencer and Demi feel like something's wrong, and they will, they'll come here to find you. And I can deal with them the same way I deal with you." He stalked closer to Peyton as she continued to back away. "You know, Melissa would want me to take care of this. She'll understand."

"You're gonna take care of us like you took care of Alison?" Peyton asked incredulously, angrily. "Well, is that why you killed her?" She took out the flash drive, giving Ian a sarcastic, bitter and angry look. "'Cause she found your home movies? Do you want some popcorn to go with that?" Peyton threw the flash drive across the church behind Ian, making him turn around to try to catch it, starting to run away, up to the bell tower over the church. Ian chased her up to the bell tower. Peyton was calling Spencer for help, hearing Ian get closer, finding a gate, trying to open it so she could keep running, but it was locked. "No, come on, come on."

When Peyton got the gate open, she saw Ian standing on the other side, backing away to try to run the other direction, but he grabbed her before she could get far, making her drop her phone, just as the call went through to call Spencer.

Outside Rosewood Hospital, Spencer and Demi met up with the other girls.

Spencer answered her ringing phone, putting it on speaker for them all to hear.

"Peyton?" Lucy asked. "Are you okay?"

Peyton was struggling with Ian to try to get him to let her go, speaking loud enough so that they could hear her voice with her phone on the floor. "I can't give you the videos more than once!"

"Peyton?" Emily asked worriedly.

"Spencer and Demi know I'm here," Peyton told him. "They know I'm in the church. And if Spencer and Demi know, you know that they're gonna tell all our friends."

"Picked a perfect place for your suicide," Ian told her.

They could hear Peyton struggling. The girls were horrified, running for their cars.

"It's Ian," Hanna told them.

"Call 911," Dakota told them.

Hanna dialed the number.

Ian pushed Peyton to the floor of the bell tower next to her phone.

The other girls were already on their way to the church.

"Oh, you didn't mean to hurt Alison, huh?" Ian asked. "It was an accident. You pushed her, and she fell."

Ian had Peyton pinned to the floor as she struggled to push him off.

"Is that what happened?" Peyton asked.

Ian pulled Peyton up, pushing her into the wall. "She just hit her head and she never woke up."

"Alison died of suffocation," Peyton told him.

Ian grabbed Peyton, pushing her against the wooden railing, trying to break it to push her down to the floor below, the drop enough to fatally injure someone. "Yeah, the letter that I wrote on your computer won't answer all the questions, but it will answer enough. The guilt was just too much for you."

Peyton gasped when the railing behind her broke, holding tightly onto Ian so that if he pushed her he would fall too, angry but scared for her life. "No, no! Please, if you love my sister, you won't do this."

"I'm doing it because I love her," Ian told her. "Let go of me!"

The girls were horrified as they listened to Peyton while they were on their way. "Please don't! No! Please!"

A person in a black hoodie walked closer.

Ian was confused and worried. "What are you doing here?"

The black hoodied person pushed Ian off of the ledge, making him scream as he fell onto the ropes of the bell in the tower, making the bell ring when his neck got caught in the ropes.

Peyton was hyperventilating, pulling herself up to the ledge, seeing that the person in the black hoodie was gone.

Down below in the sanctuary of the church, the other girls ran inside, calling out for Peyton.

Spencer and Demi screamed out for their sister. "Peyton!"

"Peyton?" Dakota asked.

"Peyton!" Hanna called.

"Peyton?" Emily asked worriedly.

Aria looked around. "Peyton!"

Dakota, Aria, Emily and Hanna saw Peyton's bag on the floor. "Guys."

"Oh, my God," Emily told them. "Is that..."

"Peyton's bag," Hanna finished. "You hear the bell?"

Dakota nodded. "Bell tower. Come on."

"Oh, my God," Aria said. "Peyton!"

They all up to the bell tower. The bell was still tolling.

"Peyton?" Spencer and Demi called worriedly, overcome with fear of what could have happened to their sister.

"Peyton!" Pen called.

Lucy looked up above them as they ran upstairs. "Peyton!"

"Peyton, where are you?" Madison called.

They found Peyton holding onto the railing, running toward her.

Spencer and Demi pulled Peyton into their arms immediately, crying in relief that she was here.

"Oh, my God," Demi said.

"Are you okay?" Spencer asked.

Peyton was shaking, almost crying, nodding. She looked down below. They all saw Ian hanging from the ropes, seemingly dead.

Pen, Madison and Lucy gasped. "Oh, my God."

Dakota knelt next to Peyton. "Hey, look, you did what you had to do, okay?"

Peyton shook her head. "No, I didn't. Someone else did."

"No, Peyton, there's nobody else here," Hanna told her.

"Maybe he fell," Emily told them.

"All I saw was a black hoodie," Peyton told them.

"A?" Aria asked.

Peyton cried. "Ian killed Alison, and he tried to kill me. He was gonna kill Spencer and Demi."

"No, hey, Peyton," Spencer told her, holding Peyton to calm her little sister down after the near death experience.

"Peyton, you're okay," Demi told her shakily. "Me and Spencer are okay. You're okay."

"Hey," Pen told her. "He's dead, okay? It's over."

Lucy nodded in agreement. "It's over. Okay? It's okay."

Madison embraced Peyton in relief, holding her comfortingly. "It's okay. Peyton, it's okay. We're all here."

All the girls embraced Peyton in turn before they all embraced together, comfortingly and in relief.

---- -----

Outside

The girls walked outside to see cops waiting for them.

"Stop right there," Officer Barry told them. They turned back to face Barry as he walked out of the church. "Is this some kind of a joke?"

"What do you mean?" Emily asked.

"There's nobody in there," Barry answered. The girls looked at him in shocked confusion. "Come with me."

---- -----

Inside

The girls walked back inside, up to the bell tower.

Ian's body was gone.

---- -----

Outside

(Song) I'm Not Calling You A Liar - Florence + The Machine

Evan and Jack were waiting outside worriedly.

Mara and Jason walked toward them. 

"Evan," Mara told him. "Jack."

"Mara?" Jack asked. "Jason?"

Evan turned to face Mara and Jason. "Jack and I got text from Aria, Pen and Hanna. What are you guys doing here?"

"Yeah, Emily and Lucy texted me, too," Mara told him. 

"Pen texted me," Jason told them.

"I heard Ian Thomas is dead," Jack told them. They watched the girls walk out of the church together, sighing in relief. "They're all right."

The other families of the girls were all here as well, including Pam, Ashley, Jean, Veronica, Peter, Ella and Byron.

"I'm so sorry this keeps happening to your family, Jason," Mara told him sympathetically.

Jason shook his head. "No, it's okay, Mara. They're okay."

"Are you okay?" Mara asked. "I mean, I won't be okay until I know that Emily and Lucy and the other girls are. But are you?"

Jason chuckled barely, shaking his head worriedly. "Not until I know Pen is."

Evan nodded in agreement. "Same here for me. But add Aria to my list, too."

"Took the words right out of my mouth, Evan," Jack told him.

Jason and Mara managed barely noticeable smiles, them, Evan and Jack still too worried and confused about what happened.

"Why does this keep happening to them?" Evan asked. "Or are you two in the dark? Just like us? In the dark just as much as we are."

"I have no idea what's going on with those guys, but..." Jack trailed off. "I'm sure we'll find out soon enough."

They all looked toward the girls worriedly, in confusion.

Crowds of people were on the outside of the caution tape, including Lucas, Mona, Paige, Noel, their families and photographers. "Those girls knew Alison. Are they lying? Why would they lie?"

The girls' phones went off. They pulled them out, looking at the message.

"Oh, my God," Aria told them.

"Does this mean..." Hanna trailed off.

Pen read aloud. "'It's not over until I say it is.'"

Lucy read aloud. "'Sleep tight.'"

Madison read aloud. "'While you still can, bitches'."

The girls all finished together. "'A'."

The girls all looked at each other uneasily, knowing that it wasn't over, even after everything that had just happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 204 10
innocence only lasts as long as the world lets it. in which cynthia lawrence learns that secrets are only safe if you keep them to yourself, and secr...
11.6K 310 24
All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Heartofice97: Alex Gilbert, Liv Gilb...
51.7K 1.5K 26
*Completed* Sequel to 'It Just Happened' After all the things Spencer and Toby have overcome, fate tests them once again. Spencer and Toby have now...
19.1K 308 18
All rights go the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. heartofice97: Alex and Liv Gilbert...