Worlds Colliding (Pretty Litt...

By katherinep97

All rights go to the creators of Pretty Little Liars (TV and Books), except for the fanfiction characters and... More

Characters
Chapter 1 - Pilot
Chapter 2 - The Jenna Thing
Chapter 3 - To Kill a Mocking Girl
Chapter 4 - Can You Hear Me Now?
Chapter 5 - Reality Bites Me
Chapter 6 - There's No Place Like Homecoming
Chapter 7 - The Homecoming Hangover
Chapter 8 - Please, Do Talk About Me When I'm Gone
Chapter 9 - The Perfect Storm
Chapter 10 - Keep Your Friends Close
Chapter 11 - Moments Later
Chapter 12 - Salt Meets Wound
Chapter 13 - Know Your Frenemies
Chapter 14 - Careful What U Wish 4
Chapter 15 - If At First You Don't Succeed, Lie, Lie Again
Chapter 16 - Je Suis une Amie
Chapter 17 - The New Normal
Chapter 19 - A Person of Interest
Chapter 20 - Someone to Watch Over Me
Chapter 21 - Monsters in the End
Chapter 22 - For Whom the Bell Tolls

Chapter 18 - The Badass Seed

133 7 3
By katherinep97

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/182053

From 1.10 - Keep Your Friends Close: Outside the church, Toby was arrested by the police.

Emily: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (Pretty Little Liars)"

From 1.12 - Salt Meets Wound: Outside the Cavanaugh House, Toby was sitting on the porch, talking to Dakota.

"I never told the police where you were," Dakota told him. "Do you believe me?"

"That's what I asked you before the cops picked me up," Toby told her. "I never got an answer, either."

From 1.17 - The New Normal: In Jenna's room, Spencer and Toby were talking, while Spencer was holding a snow globe.

"The DA is dropping the charges against me," Toby told her. "I'm free."

From 1.17 - The New Normal: Outside the Cavanaugh House, Spencer and Toby were standing on the porch, talking to Jenna.

"We can get that awful thing off your leg right now," Jenna told him. "The cab is waiting."

"I'm going with Spencer," Toby told her, taking Spencer by the hand.

From 1.17 - The New Normal: In Ezra's classroom, Ezra and Byron were sitting across from each other at Ezra's desk.

Aria: (voice over from 1.17 - The New Normal) "Well, how did you like Mr. Fitz?"

From 1.17 - The New Normal: In the Montgomery House, Aria, Evan, Jack and Byron were talking.

"Well, every English department has one," Byron told them. "Full of charm and promise."

"What's that thing about judging a book by its cover?" Evan asked.

From 1.16 - Je Suis une Amie: In the school courtyard, Ryan, Caleb and Dakota were talking.

"Hey, if you guys need a place to stay..." Dakota trailed off. "There's old couches in my basement."

From 1.17 - The New Normal: In the kitchen of the McCoy House, Dakota, Caleb and Ryan were talking.

Caleb looked at her curiously. "You were the one in the news about being kidnapped for ransom, weren't you?"

Dakota sighed, looking down. "Yeah."

"And it's all because of your Dad?" Ryan asked what sounded like a statement.

Dakota hesitated, looking away. "It's complicated."

"Tell us," Ryan told her. "We like complicated. And like I said, we are good listeners."

From 1.17 - The New Normal: In Peyton's room, Spencer, Peyton and Demi were recoding the braille to see how they were reading it wrong.

"So what if it's not letters?" Peyton asked.

Spencer realized what she was getting at, knowing she was right. "It's numbers."

From 1.17 - The New Normal: On the townside, Toby and Spencer were talking.

"It wasn't B-A-D," Spencer told him. "It was the number 214."

From 1.17 - The New Normal: In the school hallway, Nick was talking to Mara, mocking and insulting Dakota and Emily in front of the whole school. "Talk about the gay agenda and pity agenda."

Mara chuckled sarcastically, irritated and not even bothering to keep patient or calm. "Okay. It's about you trying to make her into some kind of professional victim and using my sister and her friend to do it." She looked around at everyone. "All of you drop it, or I'll show you what a real agenda looks like."

Mara, Lucy and Emily were talking at the side of the hallway.

"Mara, that was amazing," Lucy told her. "But what if you get fired for that?"

Mara shrugged. "I'm sure that everyone who counts knows what this is about and will know that Nick was in the wrong, and he needed to be set straight. Along with the students in this place."

From 1.17 - The New Normal: In Emily's Car, Paige suddenly put a hand on Emily's head, leaning closer to kiss her, surprising her so much she didn't even close her eyes. She pulled away, looking scared. "Don't tell."

From 1.16 - Je Sui Une Amie: In the kitchen of the Hastings House, Peyton and Melissa were talking about Ian.

Melissa walked closer. "Whatever it is you're holding onto, it's got to stop."

"I think he's dangerous," Peyton told her. "Melissa, I don't want to fight."

Melissa smiled. "Peyton, we're pregnant."

Peyton was stunned, not knowing how to react.

From 1.17 - The New Normal: In Ezra's apartment, Aria and Ezra were making out on the couch, trying to ignore the ringing phone, laying down.

The answering machine picked up the voicemail. "Mr. Fitz, this is Byron Montgomery, Aria's dad." Aria and Ezra both immediately stopped and sat up in surprise, looking at the phone. "Look, I'm sorry about how our meeting went. I owe you a make-good on that, so maybe we could have a beer?"

---- / -----

Day One

Morning - Rosewood High School - Auditorium

The school was putting on 'The Bad Seed' as a production for the school play.

Everyone was in the auditorium.

Mara was helping Ezra with the play productions. "If you're trying out for 'The Bad Seed', you need to sign up here and wait by the auditorium door until your name is called. Thank you, and good luck."

Pen, Lucy, Madison, Demi and Peyton were sitting on the floor in a circle. Aria, Spencer, Emily, Hanna and Dakota were sitting in the chairs behind them.

Emily looked at Lucy. "It is amazing that the school took Mara's side, and our side, against Nick McCullers and didn't fire Mara after she went off on him."

"It was amazingly justifiable," Lucy told them. "There's no way that Mara should have been fired for putting a parent that was out of control by bullying Emily and Dakota in his place."

"At least everyone finally stopped staring at us, for the kidnapping, the Grille blowout, and Emily being who she is," Dakota told them. "You know, I really have to thank Mara soon."

The girls smiled, looking at their scripts.

"Let's start with the line about the stolen medal," Peyton told them.

Hanna looked at a nearby girl. "Why isn't she wearing any shoes?"

"So she can look short enough to play an eight-year-old," Aria answered.

"What's my line?" Peyton asked.

"I don't see anything about a medal," Pen told them.

"No, that's what the eight-year-old killed her classmate for," Spencer told them. "Penmanship medal. That's why the call her the bad seed."

"A penmanship medal, really?" Madison asked.

Demi frowned. "Didn't you read the whole play?"

"Don't look at me," Madison told them. "Hanna's the one trying out. I'm just here to make her look taller."

"Why do we have to read the whole play?" Hanna asked. "I don't wanna be the bad seed's mother. I want the other mother, the one who's drunk all the time."

Aria shook her head, looking at Dakota. "No comment."

"Are you still ragging on me for bringing a flask to a dance?" Dakota asked. "I don't need another parent, Aria. One's plenty."

"Well, has the one figured out that Caleb and Ryan are in your basement?" Pen asked.

"No," Dakota answered. "But A has."

"What are you gonna do?" Peyton asked.

"I'm gonna tell my Mom before A gets to her," Dakota answered. Demi raised an eyebrow. "I'm just gonna ask her if Caleb and Ryan can stay in the guest room."

Lucy frowned. "You have a guest room?"

"Well, my parents got a house with three bedrooms because Mom was always kicking Dad out of her room," Dakota explained. "And now that he's gone..."

Demi nodded. "Got it."

Mona walked toward them. "Hey, there, Hanna and her clanna."

"Hey, Mona," Hanna told her. "How'd it go in there?"

"Honestly?" Mona asked. "I nailed it. It was epic. I think Mr. Fitz and Mara cried."

Demi raised an eyebrow, looking at Dakota, smirking slightly.

Dakota smiled, looking down, shakings her head.

"Good for you, Mona," Madison told her. "Guess the rest of us should go home."

"No!" Mona told them. "There are no small parts, only parts that don't make it into the yearbook. Good luck."

Mona walked away, leaving.

Aria looked toward Ezra.

"Why don't you audition?" Spencer asked. "You kind of have an in with the director."

"Stop," Aria told them.

"Is he wearing the tie you gave him?" Emily asked.

Aria smiled. "Stop!"

"It would be so awesome to hang out with you two after school, see you as a couple," Hanna told her.

"News flash," Aria told them. "Just 'cause we're on this side of the building doesn't mean that we can suddenly light candles and slow dance."

"That's the opening night party," Pen told her. She mimicked their voices sensually to tease Aria. "'Hello, Aria'. 'Hello, Ezra'."

Demi, Peyton, Lucy, Madison, Dakota, Spencer, Emily and Hanna smiled.

Aria nudged Pen with her shoulder. "Are you finished?"

"It's not like we'll ever be able to go on a double date with you guys," Spencer told her.

"You won't even send us pictures," Madison told her.

"Pictures?" Aria repeated. "Madison, we meet at his apartment. It's not Sea World."

Lucy smiled. "We're just saying, it'd be nice."

"Believe me, I know," Aria told them. "Wish I could. But I can't."

Peyton looked at Hanna. "Where's your other scene?"

Jenna walked closer with her cane leading the way. "Are Mara and Mr. Fitz in the auditorium?"

Mara walked closer. "Uh, I'm right here, Jenna. What can I do for you?"

"I don't know if you're interested, but I would like to compose the music for the play," Jenna told her.

"Sure," Mara told her. "That'd be great. For the flute?"

"Yes," Jenna answered. "Is there a reason that you picked 'The Bad Seed'? It's one of my favorites. The theme is so inspiring."

"Uh, inspiring?" Mara repeated.

Jenna nodded. "I'm fascinated by the nature of evil."

Mara was a bit confused and weirded out, looking toward the girls.

Lucy, Pen, Demi, Peyton, Madison, Aria, Spencer, Emily, Hanna and Dakota exchanged a look, sighing deeply.

---- -----

Opening Credits

(Song) Secret - The Pierces

A closeup of Lucy's brown eyes showed her applying mascara to her lashes.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Got a secret."

Dakota applied lipgloss to her lips with a small brush.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Can you keep it?"

Spencer fastened her black high heel.

Peyton zipped up her dress.

Demi pulled her hair up into an updo.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Swear this one you'll save."

Hanna curled a piece of her blonde hair.

Madison painted her nails pink.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Better lock it."

Aria applied eyeshadow to her eye.

The Pierces: (voice over) "In your pocket."

Pen stood next to Alison's coffin, closing her eyes.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Taking this one."

Emily folded Alison's arms over her chest.

The Pierces: (voice over) "To the grave."

Mara, Lucy and Emily closed the coffin.

The Pierces: (voice over) "If I show you then I know you."

The girls were standing around Alison's coffin, all in black funeral dresses.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Won't tell what I said."

There was a closeup of Pen. She put a finger to her lips. "Shh."

The Pierces: (voice over) "'Cause two can keep a secret."

Pen disappeared.

A message appeared in the clouds that had been behind her.

Worlds Colliding (Pretty Little Liars)

The Pierces: (voice over) "If one of them is dead."

---- -----

Peyton's Dream

Night - Hastings House - Living Room

In her pajamas and braided pigtails, Peyton slowly and tiredly walked down the stairs, hearing a baby crying. She frowned in confusion, looking around, finding a playpen behind the couch, walking closer to look at the baby inside in curiosity. A shadowy figure popped up behind Peyton, roughly putting a hand over her mouth, pulling her away from the playpen so she wouldn't scream.

---- -----

Reality

Day Two

Morning - Hastings House - Peyton's Room

Peyton woke up from her dream in her bed with a start, sitting up, realizing that it had been a nightmare, relaxing, sighing. She noticed a horror book on her bed next to her, influencing the nightmare, sighing, placing the book on her nightstand. She heard a noise from outside the room, startled and confused.

---- -----

Living Room

Ian was using a tape gun to tape all of the boxes in the living room closed.

Spencer, Demi and Peyton walked downstairs, still in pajamas.

"Oh, hey," Ian told them. "Didn't, uh, wake you, did I?"

"Sort of," Demi answered. "Are you packing or unpacking?"

"Uh, little bit of both," Ian answered. "You know, I gotta make room. Babies come with a lot of gear." Spencer, Demi and Peyton made their way to the kitchen island counter, standing across from each other. "Yeah, it's time I get rid of some of this dead weight."

"What's in there?" Peyton asked.

"Junk, mostly," Ian answered. "Yearbooks. Baseball gloves, trophies. Stuff my Mom probably wants more than me. Listen, can you, uh, hold this flap down for me?" Spencer, Demi and Peyton looked startled by the request. Ian sighed. "It's a tape gun, girls, you won't get hurt."

"We know that," Spencer told him.

"Really?" Ian asked. "'Cause you flinch every time I come near you."

Peyton grabbed Demi's hand, nodding to Spencer toward the stairs. "We have to go get ready for school."

"Yeah, Melissa told me what you said to her at the swim meet," Ian told them. "You think I had something to do with what happened to Alison DiLaurentis? Well, for the record, I didn't. Though I'm not surprised she ended up that way."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Spencer asked.

"It means your friend Alison was a psycho stalker who wouldn't take no for an answer," Ian told them. "Okay, someone else probably had enough of her."

"Yeah, or maybe you had enough of her," Peyton told him defensively.

Ian walked toward them. "Listen, our relationship could be summed up in two words. Get lost."

"Right, well, it's too bad she's not here to defend herself," Spencer told him. "And it's too bad that Pen's not here to defend her, either. Because if Pen heard the way that you're talking about her sister--"

"She would go on a rampage," Ian finished. "Yeah, I know. I also do not care. Your friend may always be playing defense, but her sister Alison was always on offense."

Spencer, Demi and Peyton glared at him for the way that he was talking about Alison and Pen, but Ian went back to taping the boxes closed.

---- -----

McCoy House - Kitchen

Jean and Dakota were in the kitchen, getting ready to leave for work.

Dakota was cutting oranges.

Jean tried to pour her a glass of milk to see it was empty. "Didn't I just buy this milk?"

Jean threw the carton away.

"Is it sour?" Dakota asked.

"Empty," Jean answered, walking closer. "And so is the butter dish. Why are we going through so many groceries?"

"I may have made some mac and cheese for Caleb and me," Dakota answered. "He stayed over for dinner for a couple of times. So have Ryan. And Demi."

"The brothers have been over here a lot, then, hmm?" Jean asked.

Dakota nodded. "Yeah. Mom, their home situation sucks. Their foster parents treat them like dirt."

"And what about there being no sugar, either?" Jean asked.

"Uh, yeah, we made brownies for dessert," Dakota told her. "So, I guess this would be a bad time to see if they can stay in our guestroom for a couple of nights?"

"Ah, so the cats in the hat now want room and board?" Jean asked.

"They never asked," Dakota told her. "I'm asking. I mean, how do you expect them to study or get a good night's sleep? I mean, Mom, we have spent so many nights out there like them. I figured that you could know what it's like, just like I do, and we could help them like nobody helped us."

Jean looked at Dakota.

Dakota tilted her head slightly.

Jean sighed. "All right. I'll hardly be home anyway, and I'm sure that you could find a way to go behind my back about this. Isn't that right, Kota?"

Dakota pressed her lips together, shaking her head. "Nope. You know me. I go to you first."

"I'm sure," Jean told her sarcastically, kissing Dakota on the head. "I'm late, and you will be, too, if you don't get a move on. I love you."

"Love you, too," Dakota told her. Jean walked out, leaving. Dakota opened the basement door. "She's gone."

(Song) Don't Want This to End - Jarrod Gorbel

Dakota walked over to continue to cut oranges on the counter.

Caleb and Ryan walked closer, sighing.

"Morning," Ryan told her.

"How much did you hear?" Dakota asked.

"Between you and Mommy?" Caleb asked. "Enough to know that the cats in the hat get a room and a board." Dakota hid a smirk, chuckling. "We'll put some groceries on the back porch. I'm betting that if Ry and I pitch in a little around here, she'll be a little bit more open."

Caleb put a towel over his shoulder, walking toward the stairs to head up to the bathroom to take a shower.

Dakota smiled, biting her lip slightly as she watched him go.

Ryan smirked, sitting down on the chair.

---- -----

Ezra's Apartment - Living Room

Ezra was dressed in workout clothes from a job, hearing a knock at the door, opening it to reveal Aria on the other side with a newspaper.

Aria smiled. "Surprise."

"Uh, hey, what's this?" Ezra asked.

"Your newspaper," Aria told him.

"I don't subscribe," Ezra told her.

"Oh, oops," Aria told him, tossing the newspaper back to where she got it from. Ezra smiled, chuckling. "Hey."

Aria kissed Ezra, walking inside.

Ezra closed the door. "W--what's up? What are you doing here?"

"Nothing," Aria answered. "I just wanted to talk to you before school."

"About your Dad wanting to take me out for that beer?" Ezra asked. "I don't have to do it, Aria. I can dodge him."

"No, don't dodge him," Aria told him. "I want you to spend some quality time with him."

"Why?" Ezra asked.

Aria smiled. "Because it'd be cool if my Dad could see how special you are. I want my friends to see that, too."

"And why do you suddenly care what your friends think about me?" Ezra asked. "I know that Madison knows about us because Noel told her what he saw, but did either of you tell the others?" Aria shook her head. "Your homies will like me just fine." Ezra picked up a sheet to show Aria. "Mara and I cast Spencer, Madison, Pen and Hanna in the school play. And your brother Evan."

"Really?" Aria asked. "Excellent. They'll be so psyched. Evan only auditioned because he lost a bet with Mike. "

Ezra chuckled. "What was the bet?"

"I have no idea," Aria told him. "And I have a feeling that I don't want to know, but this is so awesome. All right, so you're the director for the play, and Mara's the stage manager. Do you think that I could help you guys out? You'll be spending every day after school and weekends... so if I'm helping out backstage during the play, we can see each other all the time."

"On campus," Ezra told her.

"Off campus, too," Aria told him. "It'll give us an excuse to finally have coffee outside this little apartment." Ezra raised his eyebrows in amusement. "I love this little apartment. I do. A lot."

"Aria," Ezra told her.

Aria walked closer to take him by the hands. "Let me be apart of this. Please."

"Part of me says this is a terrible idea," Ezra told her.

"But I'm not talking to that part," Aria told him. "Just say yes, Ezra. Come on, just say it. Say it."

Ezra was shaking his head, smiling. "Yes."

Aria and Ezra smiled, kissing.

---- -----

McCoy House - Kitchen

Ryan cleaned up the plates he and Dakota used off the table, placing them on the sink.

Jean walked in through the front door.

Ryan noticed her, quickly moving to hid behind the counter.

Jean didn't noticed him, walking up the stairs.

---- -----

Dakota's Bathroom

Dakota stood outside the bathroom door. "Caleb, can you hand me by bag?"

"I'm in the shower," Caleb told her.

"Can I just come in and grab it?" Dakota asked.

"Sure," Caleb answered. Dakota walked in, toward the small bag on the bathroom counter, picking it up. "Why do you keep a your bag in the bathroom?"

"It's swim meet bag, not book bag," Dakota told him.

They heard Jean's voice out in Dakota's room. "Dakota? Is my phone in your bathroom?"

Dakota put her hand to her head, groaning internally. "Um, I--I--I'm in the shower, Mom!"

Dakota turned toward the door to see the doorknob starting to turn, worriedly and frantically getting into the shower before Jean opened the door and saw her. Caleb turned to face Dakota in amusement. Dakota put a finger over his lips, and a finger over her own to tell him to be quiet.

"I was halfway to work when I realized I didn't have it," Jean told her. "What is with this charger? I only have three bars."

"Uh, I really can't talk right now, Mom," Dakota told her. "I'm getting shampoo in my mouth."

"Okay," Jean told her. "All right. See you at dinner."

Jean walked out, leaving.

Dakota listened for the door to be closed before lowering her hands to her side. Caleb smiled, turning his back to her. Dakota looked down, clearly checking him out, and when he turned to face her again, she averted her gaze.

Caleb smirked. "You want to share a towel, too?"

Dakota pressed her lips together, looking up at him in the eyes so she didn't look anywhere else. Caleb was completely amused, biting his lip slightly.

---- -----

Rosewood High School - Courtyard

Evan and Pen were talking outside the school, sitting at a table in the courtyard.

"That's awesome," Evan told her. "That's the part you really wanted, right?"

"Yeah," Pen answered. "It's really cool. And it's even more awesome because you got a part in the play, too."

"Yeah, and it was a janitor, and only because Mike and I made a bet, and I lost," Evan told her. "Jack has to be involved backstage."

Pen chuckled. "What was the bet?"

"It's a secret," Evan told her. Pen raised her eyebrows at him in surprise. Evan smirked. "What? Men can keep secrets, too."

They both smiled. Pen leaned closer to Evan to kiss him slowly, sweetly and lightly. They pulled away, smiling.

Pen chuckled. "Nice. Oh, and the girls that didn't audition are gonna be involved backstage, so it's really cool that we all get involved."

(End of Song)

Evan chuckled. "Yeah." Pen looked behind Evan toward Ian and Jenna. "What are you looking at?" Evan turned to follow Pen's gaze. "I didn't even know they knew each other."

"There's a lot of things that we don't know," Pen told him.

They watched as Ian handed a green bag to Jenna.

"What is that?" Evan asked. "What did he just give her?"

Evan looked at Pen's cautious and worried reaction in confusion.

---- / -----

Inside - Hallway

Hanna and Jack were standing next to Hanna's locker.

Hanna smiled. "I'm glad you're gonna be around for the play."

"I'm only gonna be at the backstage," Jack told her, smirking. "And it's only because you're forcing me to do that."

Hanna gave him a playful glare. "Hey, don't complain. You should be happy that I didn't 'force' you to audition."

Jack smirked. "Yeah. Okay."

Hanna chuckled, shaking her head as she closed her locker. "Know what? Backstage or not. I don't care. Knowing I have you there is good enough for me." She wrapped her arms around his neck. "Thanks for agreeing to this."

Jack smiled. "No problem. I'm happy for you that you got your part there though." Hanna smiled, leaning closer, kissing him slowly, sweetly and lightly. They pulled away, smiling. "Come on."

---- -----

Auditorium

Ezra, Mara and the students involved in the play, both actors and backstage helpers, including Lucy, Emily, Dakota, Spencer, Peyton, Madison, Hanna, Pen, Demi, Aria, Jack, Evan and Mona, were talking.

"So, the play raised an interesting question," Mara told them. "Are people born evil, or do they learn it? I brought some additional material to give you guys some background on the period."

(Song) Message - Kyle Puccia

The girls were sitting together on the floor. Dakota was listening to music through earbuds.

Emily's phone buzzed. She saw that it was Paige calling, hanging up.

"Why is Paige McCullers calling?" Hanna asked.

Demi frowned. "Is she still giving you and Dakota a hard time?"

"No," Emily answered. "She's--we're cool now."

"Really?" Spencer asked. "What brought you closer, her trying to drown one of your best friends?"

"She's got a cousin in the military, and she's kind of anxious about it," Emily told them.

"So the braille message didn't mean 'B.A.D', it meant '214'?" Madison asked.

"Yeah," Peyton answered. "Braille uses the same symbols for letters as it does numbers."

Aria looked at Spencer. "Did you and Toby figure out what that means yet? What 214 means? You haven't given up, have you?"

"Definitely not," Spencer answered. "We're still working on it. I'm supposed to drop off his French book after school, so..."

"Can I do it?" Lucy asked. "I haven't seen him since they dropped the charges, and I'd kind of like to talk to him."

Spencer handed the French book to Lucy. "Yeah."

"Maybe now he'll be more willing to hear me when I say that Dakota, Emily and I didn't think he was evil," Lucy told them. "Or the one who killed Alison."

Pen looked guilty, sighing. "Yeah, I'm sorry that I believed the worst about him. I just want to find out who did that to my sister and have this finally over."

"We know, Pen," Madison told her. "It's not your fault. We get it.

Dakota was looking outside to see that Caleb was making an exchange with a student right outside the window. They both looked at each other, before looking away.

Peyton noticed. "What gives, Velma? Did you have a nasty dream last night about Shaggy?"

Dakota sighed. "I was in the shower with him."

"Oh, talk about a wet dream," Hanna told them.

"No, it wasn't a dream," Dakota told them. "He took a shower at my place."

Emily looked at her in surprise. "Dakota."

Demi raised an eyebrow, smirking. "What?"

"Nothing happened," Dakota told them. "I was trying to get my swim bag. He was in the shower. Mom came back, came in to get her phone. I had to jump in the shower to keep it a secret."

"Well, that was a waste of water," Hanna told them.

Dakota gave Hanna a look. "But I won't have to keep it a secret for long."

"You mean your Mom said yes about giving the brothers a stay?" Madison asked.

Dakota nodded. "Yep."

"That's great," Demi told her.

Dakota nodded.

Aria looked from Caleb to Dakota. "Are you into him or not?" She looked at Demi, raising an eyebrow. "And Demi, are you into Ryan?"

"What?" Demi asked. Spencer looked at her, tilting her head. "No."

"Good," Spencer told her. Peyton gave her a look. Demi rolled her eyes, looking down. "What?" 

Dakota stepped in for Demi. "Okay, let's cool it off." Demi looked relief that the attention wasn't on her anymore. "And about me, you know, I'm just confused."

"Decide soon," Spencer told her. She gave Demi a look. "Bad boys only shower once a year."

Dakota and Demi rolled their eyes.

Pen chuckled. "We probably shouldn't give her a hard time about this. Okay?"

"Yeah, okay," Lucy answered.

Dakota took out her earbuds to listen to Ezra and Mara when they started to talk again.

(End of Song)

Mara stood to sort through the pages.

"Do you need help?" Lucy asked.

"Oh, no, I'm good," Mara answered. "Thanks."

Ezra held up a book. "So, I recommend that you read the novel, and to wet your appetites, I copied the first chapters."

"Oh, Mara, uh, while you're up, could you do me a favor?" Mona asked.

Mara started to hand out the schedules for the play. "Uh, sure. What do you need, Mona?"

"Could you hit the vendy and grab me a power bar and some mints?" Mona asked.

"I think I will just pass these out," Mara told her, nodding sarcastically. "But everyone can 'hit the vendy' when we go on break, okay?" Mona stood, texting on her phone, starting to walk away. "I think you'll see, even with the novel, Rhoda is not the typical 8 year old. Only the janitor is--"

Ian walked in.

Mara stopped talking when she saw Ian, annoyed.

"Yes?" Ezra asked.

"Uh, I'm guessing this isn't the varsity booster club," Ian told them. "My bad. Sorry."

Ian looked at the girls, turning to leave the room.

Ezra looked at the students. "Let's all take a look at the first scene with Rhoda and the janitor, if you'll turn to page 25."

The girls started to talk once Ian was gone.

"He is so creepy," Lucy told them.

Aria looked at Spencer. "I can't believe you ever kissed him."

"We all wanted to kiss him," Spencer told them.

Demi made a face. "Ew."

Pen made a look of disgust. "Never."

Madison looked at Aria, Dakota, Spencer, Hanna and Emily in confusion. "When did you ever want to kiss him?"

"At that frat party when he was big man on campus," Emily answered.

"What frat party?" Peyton asked.

"The one that Alison got us into," Dakota answered.

"You all wanted to kiss him?" Peyton asked skeptically.

"Not me," Hanna told them.

Emily gave her a look. "Yes, you."

---- -----

Flashback - One Year Ago

Night - Frat Party

(Song) Party Girl - McFly

Hanna, Aria, Spencer, Emily, Alison and Dakota were at a frat party.

Dakota handed them fake IDs.

"Dakota, you are so badass," Alison told her.

"Did you make these?" Emily asked.

Dakota nodded, tilting her head. "Maybe there are some habits that I picked up from my Dad that won't be a complete and total waste."

"Where'd you get this picture of me?" Hanna asked. "I look like my mother."

"That is your mother," Dakota told her.

"So, you guys can thank me for getting you into this party and thank Dakota for the fake IDs later," Alison told them.

Everyone was dancing and drinking and having a nice college time.

"Wait, so what--what do we do now?" Aria asked.

"Act your new age," Alison answered.

They looked toward Ian.

Ian was helping a guy carry a keg. "Oh, excuse me. Sorry."

"Hey, Spence, isn't that your sister's new boyfriend?" Aria asked.

Spencer nodded, turning away.

"He's kinda cute," Hanna told them. "So's his friend."

"Easy," Emily told her. "He's a little bit old for you."

"Not tonight, 'cause I'm 26," Hanna told them, showing them her fake ID.

"Put that away," Alison told her.

"Yeah, and take a math class," Dakota told her. "You're 21."

They looked toward where Jason and Mara, with red streaks in her hair, were kissing and drinking. They smiled and laughed, walking upstairs.

"Holy crap," Aria told them. "Jason and Mara are here. What if they catch us?"

"They're too drunk to notice anything but themselves," Dakota told them.

"I made sure that they won't even notice we're here, and won't remember if they see us if they do," Alison told them.

"And how did you do that?" Spencer asked.

"I slipped pills into their drinks when they weren't looking," Alison answered. "They're totally out of it and in their own little worlds. And it looks like Mr. Jason is giving Miss Mara a special tour."

"Maybe he's just taking her to the bathroom," Hanna told them.

"Or finding an empty room so she can lie down," Emily added.

"Yeah, on top of him," Alison told them. The girls looked at her. "What? Look, I don't know about you vestal virgins, but I'm here to make some memories. Let's divide and conquer and meet back here at midnight."

(End of Song)

---- -----

Now

Day - Rosewood High School - Auditorium

The girls were still talking, when Dakota, Aria, Hanna, Emily and Spencer were explaining about what happened that night to Demi, Pen, Lucy, Peyton and Madison.

"If that's really what happened, then Spencer should have told Melissa that night," Lucy told them.

"Like what?" Pen asked. "'I crashed your boyfriend's frat party and saw Jason and Mara, but Alison drugged them so they didn't remember if they saw us'?"

"Spencer would have been so dead then, but Melissa is so dead now," Madison told them.

"Yeah, knocked up with his bad seed," Peyton told them.

Mara and Ezra were still carrying on with practice.

"Evan, why do you think that the janitor in the play is the only one who knows the little girl's not a liar?" Mara asked.

"Uh, that's because the janitor is childlike himself," Evan answered. "It's like when we were reading Shakespeare, and Mr. Fitz talked about the fools and how they can get away with saying things that other people can't."

The girls were impressed with Evan's answer. Mara smiled a small smile.

---- -----

Cavanaugh House - Outside

Toby was sitting outside the house, working on his motorcycle.

Lucy walked up to him. "Hi. Spencer asked me to drop off your French book."

"There a reason she didn't want to?" Toby asked.

"No," Lucy answered. "Not at all. I practically snatched it out of her hand. I wanted to." Toby looked up. "I wanted to tell you that Dakota didn't turn you in, and that she, Emily, Mara and I never thought you were guilty."

"I know," Toby told her. "I found out who turned me in. It was Jenna. Her way of keeping me close to home."

Lucy was surprised, sitting down next to Toby. "Well, no one can do that now." She nodded to his motorcycle. "It must feel good, knowing you can ride that whenever you want."

"It'll feel even better when I can get it to move," Toby told her.

Lucy chuckled, placing down his book. "So, I was thinking, maybe we could go out sometime and celebrate as friends, now that this is over. Breakfast or something."

"I like breakfast," Toby told her.

"Mara and Emily want to talk to you, too," Lucy told him. "So, tomorrow? You can talk to us." Toby nodded. They smiled. Lucy had another idea. "You know, um, Aria's twin brother, Jack... he's good with cars and motorcycles. If you want I could ask him to help you with it."

"Thanks, but..." Toby trailed off. "I don't think he would want to help me out."

Lucy smiled a small smile. "He's a good guy, trust me. I'll ask, he'll help."

Toby thought for a moment, nodding slightly.

---- -----

Rosewood High School - Hallway

Ezra was hanging up a sign on the wall of the school hallway.

Byron walked toward him. "Don't tell me you're still working."

"Uh, no, just prepping," Ezra answered. "I like to fool myself into thinking they actually read some of the things I put up here."

"Well, hope springs eternal," Byron told him. They both chuckled. "Look at you, you're teaching, writing, directing the school play. Do you even have time for a beer?"

"Sure," Ezra answered. "Just, uh, don't tell my students."

Byron chuckled, walking with Ezra down the hallway. "It'll only make them love you more, if that were even possible. My daughter thinks that you are pretty hot stuff. And you know what? After reading your stories that Aria gave me, I have to agree. But I gotta say, it's very bold of you, exposing yourself to your students." They stopped walking, facing each other. "Come on. You look like you need that beer."

---- -----

McCoy House - Foyer

Dakota walked in her house.

Caleb and Ryan walked downstairs.

"Oh, hello," Ryan told her, smirking.

"So, you moved your things in the guest bedroom, I'm guessing," Dakota told them.

Caleb nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, that we did. So, how was the rest of your day? Mine got off to a really strange start." Ryan scoffed, walking into the kitchen. Dakota looked away. "I was taking a shower--"

Dakota walked past him into the kitchen. "Yeah, you know what? I could go for a couple sandwiches. How about you?"

Caleb smirked, following. "Yeah. Sure."

---- -----

Kitchen

Ryan sat on the counter. "What happened in the shower?"

"Nothing," Dakota told him. Caleb smirked. Dakota walked to the fridge, opening it to reveal more food than there had been in there since Jean spent some of the money left behind. She looked at Ryan and Caleb. "You--you guys actually got groceries."

"Yeah," Caleb answered. "When we say we'll do something, we're gonna do it."

Dakota nodded, surprised, looking away, looking back at them.

---- -----

Bar

Ezra and Byron were sitting at the bar of the bar, drinking beer.

"Thanks," Ezra told him.

"You know, when you talk about your writing, you seem much more relaxed than when you talk about your day job," Byron told him. "I mean, you're not hiding out at that high school, are you?"

"What?" Ezra asked.

"Listen, Ezra, I have known may gifted people who were too scared to bet on their own talent," Byron told him.

Ezra shook his head. "No, no. No, not me. I love teaching high school."

"Oh, of course you do," Byron told him. "I mean, everybody always loves their first class. You bond with them in a special way, but don't forget. The same kids that you love are gonna move on, you know? You know, time goes by so fast. I mean, Aria's already looking at colleges in California." Ezra looked a little surprised. Byron took a drink of his beer. "You know, if you taught at the college level, you'd have a lot more time for your writing."

---- -----

Night - Hastings House - Living Room

Spencer led Toby into the living room, walking toward Demi and Peyton. "We need your help."

"What's going on?" Toby asked.

"Pen and Evan saw Ian hand Jenna a bag at school," Peyton told him. "Pen told us, and now we're telling you."

"So?" Toby asked.

"Well, do you have any idea what was in it?" Demi asked.

"No," Toby answered.

"Why do they even know each other?" Peyton asked. "He's a coach. What team does she play on?"

"I don't want to have to ask Jenna," Toby told them. "We're not talking much these days."

"You don't have to talk to her," Spencer told him. "Just... get her phone."

"What?" Toby asked.

"We have to find out if Ian is in her recent call lists, and me and Dakota have friends who can unlock her password," Demi told him.

Toby scoffed. "I'm not stealing her phone."

Toby sat down.

Spencer sat down next to him.

"Toby, we're no closer to figuring out what 214 means," Peyton told him. "Ian might be who she's whispering to on the other end."

"I don't know," Toby told them. "If--I've gotta be careful. If I start stealing--"

"If we don't get to the bottom of this, you're just gonna be waiting around for the next piece of evidence to be planted in your room," Spencer told him. "Until they find the real killer, your nightmare is never going to end."

"We need Jenna's phone," Peyton told him.

"Please, Toby," Demi told him.

Toby knew they were right, sighing.

---- / -----

Day Three

Morning - Cavanaugh House - Outside

Lucy and Emily walked up to the Cavanaugh house, stopping when they saw Jenna on the porch.

"Morning," Emily told her.

"Is that Emily?" Jenna asked.

"Yes, and Lucy," Emily answered.

"Toby's not here," Jenna told them. "Or are you here to see me?"

"He's not here?" Lucy asked. "We made a--I said that me and my sisters would take him out for breakfast."

"Well, he's having that with Spencer," Jenna told them. "He left early this morning. Said he needed to do homework. It sucks, doesn't it?"

"What?" Emily asked.

"Feeling like you're second choice," Jenna answered.

Lucy and Emily turned to leave, stopping when they heard Jenna start to play the flute, looking back at her. They walked away from the house.

---- -----

Hastings House - Kitchen

Toby had come to Spencer, Demi and Peyton to give them Jenna's phone. "How soon can I get it back?"

"Shouldn't take him long," Demi told him, putting the phone in her bag.

"Have you eaten?" Spencer asked. "You want some toast? Is whole wheat okay?"

Spencer walked away to get some toast.

Toby was worried about what Jenna would do if she found out. "She goes ballistic when I touch her stuff."

"Yeah, we get it," Peyton told him. "Our older sister once threatened to break my thumbs for using her hairbrush."

Spencer hesitated for a moment. "Toby, can I ask you something?" Toby nodded. "Why was Alison so sure it was you spying on us the night of Jenna's accident?" Toby looked away. Peyton and Demi gave Spencer a look. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't--"

"I never spied on anyone," Toby told them. "I never looked in anyone's window. Your friend Alison made that up."

"Why?" Peyton asked. "Why you?"

"Because she thought she had something on me," Toby answered. "She--she didn't understand what was really going on, and she used it against me anyway."

"Well, it seems like she had something on all of us," Peyton told him.

"Maybe, but you don't have to live in a town where everyone believes you killed her," Toby told them.

"Not everyone," Demi told him.

"The three of you did," Toby told them.

Spencer looked down guiltily. "Yeah. I guess we did." She looked at Toby. "But I'm not proud of that. And we're both sorry."

Peyton and Demi nodded in agreement.

"This whole Alison thing has never made any sense to me," Toby told them. "It still doesn't."

---- -----

Rosewood High School - Auditorium

Mara was putting tape on the floor for rehearsal for the students in the show to know their marks.

Emily and Lucy walked in.

"Hey," Lucy told her. "You're already taping."

"Yeah," Mara agreed. "Since we didn't have before school plans like we thought we were going to, I figured that I would get an early start."

Emily sighed. "Look, I'm sorry Toby bailed on us. But he's been helping Spencer and Peyton with something, and technically, he's helping us all with something."

"Yeah, we literally just found that out like five minutes ago," Lucy told her.

Mara looked at them curiously. "Sounds exciting. What's he helping you with?"

Emily and Lucy couldn't tell her the truth though they wanted to.

"Uh, just schoolwork and play work mostly," Emily told her. "He said that he would make up on breakfast plans, though."

Mara nodded.

Mona, Hanna and Madison walked in.

"Oh, hey, Fields sisters," Madison told them.

Hanna smiled. "Emily. Lucy. Mara. Yeah, it's easier to say Fields sisters."

Emily, Lucy and Mara smiled.

Mona smiled. "Oh, Mara, I'm a little parched. Have you had a chance to pick me up some throat coat?"

"Um, you're gonna have to go get your own tea, Mona," Mara told her. "I'm a stage manager, not a gopher."

"Wow," Mona told her. "You sure bite like one."

Mara rolled her eyes, looking at Hanna, Madison, Lucy and Emily, who looked sympathetic and amused.

---- -----

Ezra's Classroom

Aria and Ezra were talking in his classroom.

"How was that beer with my Dad?" Aria asked. "What did you two talk about?"

"Lots of stuff," Ezra answered. "He offered to help me get a job at Hollis College."

"Why?" Aria asked. "You already have a job."

"But there's one class available there, and it could lead to something more," Ezra told her.

"Why would you need something more?" Aria asked.

"Truth is, I... need something less," Ezra told her. "If I worked at Hollis, I would have more time to do my own writing."

"Yeah, but teaching here hasn't kept you from your writing, has it?" Aria asked.

"Not entirely," Ezra answered. "But I gotta think about the future."

"So, you're planning on leaving here?" Aria asked.

Ezra shrugged. "Maybe, eventually. But you are, too. Leaving eventually, right?"

"Are you angry at me or something?" Aria asked.

"I'm angry at myself because..." Ezra trailed off, sighing. "I knew this wasn't gonna work."

"Suddenly, everybody's leaving here?" Aria asked. "And why are you talking about your future versus our future?"

"Because they may not be linked," Ezra answered. Aria looked in disbelief, sighing, looking away. "Look, I'm not saying I'm leaving here tomorrow, but, let's face it. We are not tied to this place forever. You're looking at colleges in California, which you have every right to do."

"One," Aria told him. "I looked at one college in your favorite city. We could move there together."

"Aria, that's not how it works," Ezra told her.

"Why can't it if we want it to?" Aria asked.

"The whole point of college is to broaden your world, not pack up your high school English teacher and bring him with you," Ezra told her.

"You're not just my high school English teacher," Aria told him. "Is that how you see yourself?"

Ezra shook his head. "No. But you will, when the time comes."

Ezra walked away.

Aria was in disbelief.

---- -----

Courtyard

Demi, Pen and Dakota were giving Jenna's phone to Ryan and Caleb.

"Where did you get this?" Ryan asked. "The year 2020?"

"It's for someone who can't see," Dakota told him.

"Okay," Caleb told them. "Well, someone who can, might need to call NASA to turn it on."

"Uh, take however long you need," Demi told him.

"No, take an hour," Pen told him. "It has to be returned as soon as possible, or the person who... borrowed it might be in trouble."

"They should be," Ryan told them. "Stealing a blind person's phone? That's sick."

"What do you like to do for fun on the weekends, break old lady's hips?" Caleb joked.

"You know what?" Dakota asked. "Just give it back to Demi as soon as you can. Okay?"

Dakota walked away. Ryan, Demi and Pen were confused by her reaction, but Caleb knew it was because of the day before.

---- -----

Auditorium

Everyone involved in the play were in the auditorium for practice, including the girls, Evan, Jack and Mona, and of course Ezra and Mara.

Lucy walked over to Jack, speaking quietly. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah," Jack answered.

"Can you help Toby Cavanaugh with his motorcycle?" Lucy asked.

Jack raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry?"

"Please?" Lucy asked. "I told him I'll ask for your help."

"Lucy, I--" Jack started.

"He's a good guy," Lucy told him. "Really. He's innocent, you know it now, just like all of us. Please help him with his motorcycle."

Jack sighed, giving in. "I'll see what I can do with that."

Lucy smiled. "Thank you."

Jack nodded.

Lucy walked away to join the girls.

"Where does my character sit?" Mona asked.

"Uh, we haven't blocked it yet, Mona," Mara told her. "We'll get to that on Saturday." Mona nodded, looking at her phone. Mara looked around at the other students. "For those of you just arriving, the stage has been taped off to mark the living room, and the prop table is being stocked as I speak."

"Wait, this Saturday?" Mona asked. "I can't be here this Saturday."

"We'll be blocking that scene on Saturday," Mara told her. "You need to be here for your part, or we'll have to give it to someone who can be."

Mona glared in Mara's direction subtly.

Aria was looking at Ezra, thinking about their argument.

Hanna, Madison, Emily, Lucy, Spencer, Demi, Peyton, Pen and Dakota noticed that Aria was looking at Ezra.

"Cute couple, aren't they?" Madison asked.

"We should study our lines," Spencer told them.

"Yeah, I still don't get my second scene," Hanna told them.

"Your character is suspicious," Peyton told her.

"It doesn't say that in the script," Dakota told them.

"That's because it's underneath the words," Pen told her. "That's the reason why she's drinking."

"No, she's drinking because her kid drowned," Hanna told them.

Emily and Lucy got distracted when they saw Ian in the hallway through the window.

"Hanna, at this point, even the little girl's mother thinks that she's a murderer," Pen told her. "It's the drowning, the old lady who fell down the stairs, the janitor who was set on fire."

"I was just talking about this scene," Hanna told them. "She could think it was an accident."

"Maybe there are no accidents," Emily told them.

"What do you mean?" Aria asked.

Emily looked at Dakota, Spencer, Hanna and Aria. "We never questioned what happened at that party.

"Why?" Demi asked, frowning. "What do you mean?"

"What happened at that party?" Madison asked.

Aria, Dakota, Hanna, Emily and Spencer exchanged a look as they prepared to tell Pen, Madison, Lucy, Demi and Peyton what had happened.

---- -----

Flashback - One Year Ago

Night - Frat Party

(Song) A Party Song (The Walk of Shame) - All Time Low

Spencer, Aria, Hanna, Dakota and Emily were standing at the pool table at the party.

"I really like that top, Kota," Emily told her. She looked toward a guy that was looking at Dakota. "And I think someone else might like it, too."

"He's drooling in his beer pong cup," Hanna told her. "Just go talk to him."

Dakota walked toward the guy.

The others were surprised that Dakota was going to.

(End of Song)

They heard a girl scream, everyone running toward where she laid at the bottom of the stairs.

The crowd was shouting over everyone.

The girls looked up to where Ian was standing upstairs.

"We should go," Spencer told them. "Now."

They nodded, looking up toward Ian on the stairs.

---- -----

Now

Day - Rosewood High School - Auditorium

The girls were still talking about what had happened that night.

"Why didn't you tell us about Ian at the top of the stairs before?" Peyton asked.

"I--I didn't think about it till Emily brought it up," Spencer answered.

"What if that girl didn't fall just 'cause she was wasted?" Dakota asked.

"What if Alison wasn't the first person Ian shoved?" Aria asked.

Lucy was stunned. "Oh, my God."

The girls looked out of the window toward where Ian was bouncing a ball on his arm.

---- / -----

(Song) Pick Up The Phone - Carina Round

Everyone was in the middle of rehearsing. Dakota was watching from the back of the room, listening to music through earbuds again. She looked toward the door, seeing Caleb outside the window. Caleb nodded for her to follow him into the hallway. Dakota made sure that no one would need her for a few minutes because they were busy rehearsing lines and movements, walking out of the room.

(End of Song)

---- -----

Hallway

Dakota walked out into the hallway to join Caleb by the lockers, taking out her earbuds.

Caleb held up Jenna's phone. "This phone is out of my league. And Ryan's. We can't crack it, and I know you're dealing with a time issue."

"You're just gonna give up?" Dakota asked. "This is important."

"Why?" Caleb asked. "Why are you breaking and entering Jenna Cavanaugh's phone?"

"How'd you know it was Jenna's?" Dakota asked.

"Because I'm not blind," Caleb answered. "And neither is my brother. Are you gonna get over what happened yesterday morning? Because I can have that tattoo removed."

Dakota shook her head, chuckling silently. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Dakota sighed, looking at Caleb, taking the phone, walking away to head back into the auditorium. Caleb smirked, shaking his head, turning around, walking away.

---- -----

Auditorium

Dakota walked into the auditorium to rejoin the others.

"So, what do you think?" Ezra asked. "Are people born bad?"

"I'm having a hard time figuring out who's evil and who's just naughty," Mona told them.

"I think you know the difference, Mona, but let's ask some of your castmates," Mara told her. "Evan. Thoughts?"

Evan shrugged. "Yes. Some people are pure evil."

Lucy, Pen, Demi, Peyton and Madison looked from Mara and Evan to Dakota, Spencer, Aria, Hanna and Emily, who flashed back to the night of the frat party.

---- -----

Flashback - One Year Ago

Night - Fraternity House - Outside

The paramedics took the girl's body away in an ambulance.

The girls were standing by, watching.

Ian, Jason and Mara were on the porch, giving a statement to a cop.

"We should get out of here," Aria told them. "They're gonna start questioning everyone."

"We can't leave without Alison," Emily told them.

"I voted for mini golf," Hanna told them. "This was a huge mistake."

Alison walked toward the girls. "What's going on? What happened?"

"You missed it?" Dakota asked. "Where were you?"

"That girl that was with Ian, she fell down the stairs, and it was terrible," Emily told her.

"Can we just tell her on the bus?" Hanna asked.

"Note to self, don't drink and dive," Dakota told them.

"If my Mom finds out I was here, I'm gonna be grounded until I'm 50," Emily told them.

"Guys, if we run away like babies, we'll definitely be questioned," Alison told them, walking away toward an officer.

"What is she doing?" Spencer asked.

Alison looked at the cop. "Excuse me. My friends and I made the mistake of having a little drink before we ate, and none of us feel comfortable about getting behind the wheel. Can we trouble you for a ride back to Rosewood?"

The cop nodded.

Alison turned back to the girls.

"What are you thinking?" Aria asked.

"I'm thinking we're not taking the bus," Alison answered. "Chillax, ladies. The bolder the move, the less anyone questions it."

---- -----

Now

Day - Rosewood High School - Auditorium

Everyone was still at rehearsal.

Mona was dressed as an elderly teacher. "I think my character's being totally selfish. I don't even know how to play that."

"Miss Verne is protecting the future of her school, Mona," Ezra told her.

"So, is she forgivable or not?" Mona asked.

"It's unforgivable if she's only thinking of herself," Mara told her. "But Miss Verne's not thinking about herself, is she? She's thinking of the students."

"Let's stop here," Ezra told them. "We'll pick up where we left off tomorrow. Study your lines. Put away your props. We'll see you then."

Everyone but the ten girls were getting ready to leave.

Jack looked at Hanna and Aria. "You two coming?"

"We'll see you in a bit," Aria told him.

Jack nodded, walking out.

Evan looked at Pen. "What about you, the bad seed? The eight-year-old killer." Pen smiled. "You coming?"

"I'll meet you in a bit," Pen answered.

Evan nodded, walking out with the others, leaving only the girls in the room.

Spencer walked toward a case for the props, opening it to reveal a trophy inside. She picked it up, reading the plague.

Ian Thomas

Hilton Head

August 2009

1st Place

Spencer turned the trophy over to see that it was stained in red, like blood. "Guys, come here."

The girls walked closer.

"What are we looking at?" Peyton asked.

"Why would that be in here?" Emily asked.

"What's that?" Aria asked.

"Is that blood?" Demi asked.

"Oh, God, no," Madison told them.

"You think that's what Ian used to kill Alison?" Lucy asked.

"Guys, slow down," Dakota told them. "We don't know that that's Alison's blood. We don't even know if that is blood."

"Yeah, but we don't know that it's not," Hanna replied.

Aria put the trophy back in the box, closing it. "That's insane. Why would he hide that in here for everyone to see?"

"Because it's a bold move and no one would ever look for it here," Pen answered. "Why did the bad seed hide the medal in the box on top of her desk? Why didn't she just bury it?"

"Because she was eight," Dakota answered. "Guys, we all saw that video. Ian did not have a trophy in his hand."

"We didn't see what was on the ground," Emily told them.

"It could have been in his luggage," Madison told them.

"This was when they were together at Hilton Head," Spencer told them.

Peyton sighed. "Wow. What are we gonna do?"

"We hand it in," Lucy answered. "We're not wasting time losing evidence again."

"Lucy's right," Emily told them, picking the box up. "This goes to the police now."

They all nodded in agreement, walking out, leaving.

---- / -----

Night - Rosewood Police Department - Evidence Room

A cop put the trophy into an evidence bag.

---- -----

Outside

The girls walked outside the police station, after dark.

"So, what do we do now?" Dakota asked.

"We just wait," Aria answered.

"How long until the police figure out that it's Alison's blood?" Hanna asked.

"I don't know," Spencer told them.

Peyton sighed. "I'll tell you this. I don't want to go home. I don't want to be anywhere near where Ian is."

"You can stay at my place," Pen told her.

"Can Pen, Demi, Peyton, Madison and I just all stay at your place?" Lucy asked.

Pen nodded.

"Yeah, and Dakota, Emily, Aria and Spencer can stay over at Hanna's and my place," Madison told them.

"I don't know, it just feels weird splitting up after this," Spencer told them.

Dakota barely nodded.

"I can't believe we had it," Emily told them. "The weapon in our hands. After all this time, it's like..."

"Like Ali can finally rest in peace," Pen finished.

They nodded.

"Yeah, we all can," Madison told them.

"We can pick up some food on the way to Pen's and our place," Hanna told them.

"Yeah, I can't stay over tonight," Dakota told them. "Believe me, I don't want to go home, either. But it's the first day that Mom knows that Caleb and Ryan are in the house. And we're both still kinda freaked out since A broke in and... At least then..."

They nodded in understanding.

Dakota walked away toward her car.

Aria looked at the other girls. "Actually, can we just make on stop on the way? I--I promise it won't take long."

"Yeah, sure," Lucy answered.

Peyton sighed, nodding. "Let's go."

Aria walked over to the car.

"Wait, guys," Lucy told them. "We didn't call Toby."

"What?" Emily asked.

"We have to tell him what we found," Spencer told them.

Peyton looked at Spencer. "You tell him. That should be you."

The girls got into their cars.

---- -----

Ezra's Apartment

Ezra was at home, answering the door when he heard a knock.

Aria walked in. "Sorry to bother you, but I'm..." Ezra closed the door. They turned to face each other. "I'm not sleeping tonight until I saw this."

"Take your coat off," Ezra told her. "Sit down."

"No, no," Aria told him. "I'm not staying. I just came here to say that I signed up for the play for all the wrong reasons, so I'm officially done. You're right, it was a terrible idea."

"Aria--" Ezra started.

Aria went on. "But you were wrong, too. About the future. You have no idea what's gonna happen tomorrow. Nobody does. My friend Alison, she didn't. She didn't get a future. She didn't even get to turn 16."

Ezra looked a little uncomfortable. "Listen--"

"No, but let me finish," Aria told him. "I don't know if I'm gonna end up in California, or some fishing village in Guam. It doesn't matter. We're both here now. Can't we just be happy that we have that?" Ezra walked closer to place his hands on either of Aria's cheeks, kissing her deeply. They pulled away. Aria nodded. "Good answer."

Aria walked away, out of the apartment, leaving.

---- -----

McCoy House - Kitchen

Dakota walked into her kitchen, seeing a trash bag on the table, going through it to see clothes.

Caleb walked in with a bag on his shoulder. "I didn't take anything that wasn't mine, officer."

Dakota turned to face him. "Are you leaving?"

Caleb took the bag off his shoulder. "Yeah, I'm just waiting for Ryan to come back, and get his stuff. I thought you would be relieved."

Dakota crossed her arms over her chest. "Why would you think that?"

Caleb put the bag on the the counter, stepping closer. "Because you've been treating me like something you scraped off your shoe. At least, since our shower."

Dakota sighed, stepping closer. "Look, I know. I just... I wasn't..."

"Ready to see that much of me?" Caleb finished.

Dakota shook her head. "No." Caleb raised his eyebrows, unconvinced. Dakota sighed, nodding. "Yes."

"What, and now you think you have to throw down, too?" Caleb asked.

Dakota shrugged. "What if I don't want to?"

"That's okay," Caleb answered.

Dakota sighed, stepping closer. "And what if I do want to?"

Caleb didn't seem surprised, nodding. "That's okay, too."

Dakota nodded, biting her lip a little, wrapping an arm around Caleb's neck, kissing him deeply and passionately. Caleb responded instantly, holding a hand to her cheek. They continued to kiss for what seemed to be endlessly, as the camera shot panned around them.

---- -----

Day Four

Morning - Rosewood High School - Courtyard

All the girls were sitting at two tables in the courtyard next to each other.

Dakota sighed. "Did you guys sleep at all?"

"No," Emily answered. "Just tossed and turned."

"She tossed, I turned," Spencer told her.

"I cannot wait for him to be carted out of here," Hanna told them.

"Just knowing that he's in this building now, thinking he could get away with it?" Pen asked. "Her blood in that trophy case? It makes me sick."

Madison looked behind them. "Guys."

They followed her gaze toward a few officers walking in.

"Oh, my God," Peyton told them. "They're gonna drag him out in front of the whole school."

A man walked toward them.

"Why is he coming over here?" Aria asked.

"Ladies," the man told them. "Which one of you found the trophy? Who's, uh, Spencer Hastings?" Spencer raised her hand slightly. "So, was this a group effort? Are are the rest of you just along for the ride?"

Demi frowned. "I'm sorry?"

"What are you talking about?" Lucy asked.

"I mean, you should've done a little research," the man told them. "There's no golf tournament on Hilton Head on that date."

"What about the blood?" Emily asked.

"It's not human blood," the man answered. "It comes from a rat."

"No, but, why would there--" Hanna started.

"Let's save our questions for the precinct," the man told them. "Follow me."

The girls stood, following the man.

Everyone stared.

---- -----

Outside

The girls walked outside toward a car.

A man called over the man that was talking to the girls. "Detective Beyer?"

Beyer walked away, leaving.

The girls' phones went off.

Spencer and Peyton looked at Demi in surprise since her phone went off as well, worried.

Demi slowly pulled her phone out.

The rest of the girls pulled their phones out, looking at the texts.

'Rat' me out, your blood's next

-- A

"A planted that trophy," Spencer told them.

Peyton looked at Demi's phone to see she had received the same text.

Demi looked at her sisters.

"We should've known," Lucy told them.

Pen looked at Dakota, Aria, Emily, Spencer and Hanna in confusion. "Guys, where was she that night? At the frat party when the girl fell, where was Alison?"

"She wasn't with us," Aria answered.

"She wasn't with us, either," Dakota told them.

Peyton looked at Pen. "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying, maybe it wasn't Ian who pushed that girl," Pen answered. "Maybe that drunk girl was just in Alison's way."

"Why would Alison do that?" Madison asked.

"Because maybe that frat party wasn't a random pick," Pen told them. "Maybe she took you guys there because she wanted to see Ian. She said that she was dating an older boy, and we've all seen that video, and Ian was with her that night."

"What if Ian was telling the truth when he told me, Demi and Peyton that he cut things off between them, and she wouldn't take no for an answer?" Spencer asked.

"Wait, so now you believe Ian?" Hanna asked. "You don't think he killed Alison?"

"No, I think he killed her," Peyton told them. "There's just a lot more about that night that we still don't know."

Dakota took a moment to realize. "Oh, my God."

"What?" Demi asked.

"What if Jenna was also blocking her way to Ian?" Dakota asked. "What if Ali threw that firecracker into Toby's garage knowing that Jenna was in there?"

"She had us all fooled," Madison told them.

"Until now," Lucy told them.

The girls looked at each other, overwhelmed about the secrets that they were still uncovering to this day.

And the many more secrets that were still left to come.

---- -----

A's Lair

The familiar figure in black had a few rats in cages, feeding them. They each had Demi, Pen, Dakota, Aria, Emily, Lucy, Hanna, Madison and Peyton's names on their cages. The only cage that didn't have a rat inside was the one with Spencer's name on it, leading to believe that the rat that was killed and used for blood was the rat named after Spencer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3.3K 25
PART FOUR OF THE SIXTH LIAR!!!!! A has taken over. Things are getting worse by the second. People are getting murdered, secrets are being spilt, and...
173K 3.2K 46
This is a Pretty Little Liars Fanfic its based off the TV Show but, the occured differently
6.2K 166 7
All rights go to the creators of The Walking Dead and AMC, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Ariana Grimes, Samantha Grimes, Tyler Fox...
185K 2.3K 47
Pretty Little Liars imagines! (Request open)