chapter seven

Louis's POV

It's dark by the time we decide to head back to the hospital. I leave Harry on the second floor where he goes and gets his IV. I offer to go with him for some company but he declined. With nothing else's todo I call my mum once i'm back in my room.

"Lou bear?" She answers on the 4th ring.

"Hey mum." I haven't talked to her in over a month.

"Hi baby, how are you? Is everything alright?" I don't know why she's concerned now. I've called her multiple times and she has yet to return any of them until now.

"Yeah, I moved earlier in the week and I just thought I should let you know." I lie, I'm not alright.

"Wow. You must be exhausted. Have you spoken with James?" My mum loved James, he was always her favorite.

"Yeah. I have. But i've actually met this other-" she cuts me off.

"Hold that thought. The other lines ringing. I'll be in touch. Bye Hun." She hangs up before I can even respond.

I fling my body against the uncomfortable hospital mattress. I don't even know why I try with my mum. I'm not, and never will be, her top priority.

I fall asleep with faint tears rolling down my face.

——

In the morning I wake up with a pounding headache which is never good when you're about to have x-rays taken. I chug some water to hopefully help and head out the door after I've brushed my teeth. I don't even bother getting dressed, I just wear my sweats and white T-shirt form the night before.

When I get to the X-ray center I sign my self in. It's only about three minutes before a nurse walks out and takes me back to a small room with lots of equipment. This is not my first rodeo so I know what's about to go down. I lie on the large stretcher and watch as the circular tube engulfs me multiple times for the next 25 minutes. Then I wait in the main doctors office for the results.

"Hi Louis. I believe this is our first time meeting." He closes the door and walks to the opposite side of his desk and takes a seat across from me.

"Well i'm mistaken. I remember seeing you in the elevator with Mr. Styles." Oh god. This is the doctor that walked in on Harry and I's make out session. On another note, how does everyone know Harry? Is he that big of a deal around here?

"Ah yes. I do remember now." My embarrassed expression must be very prominent because he changes the subject quickly.

"Well we do have your results here." He straightens the paper in front of him. "How do I - Uh - Well you see-" He points to multiple clumps of white in my ribs and stomach on the image of my body. I've seen blood clots before but never this many. "It's hard to tell how big they are here so we're gonna zoom in on the computer in the lab to take a closer look. Although no matter the size I do believe the best option would be to take out as many as possible."

I swallow hard. "Yeah. uh-okay."

"With this large amount I believe that there is a rapid spread, I'm not sure what the cause is just yet but I plan on looking farther into it today. I do want to go ahead and schedule your surgery though."

I look at the image and all the white dots, I feel sick.

"Looks like it's gonna have to be 4 weeks out. I'm booked with other surgeries until then." He clicks some more things on his computer. " But if you start to feel any pain, discomfort, or any abnormalities please let us know. Each week until your surgery we'll need to take some x-rays to keep track of the spread. Do you have any questions?"

I trying to comprehend everything but I can't.

"Um - uh - no. Thank you." I stumble getting out of the chair and walk to the door.

"I'll see you soon." I hear the doctor call out but I don't stop. I make a B line straight to the exit. I take a right when I see another large red blinking exit sign and rush outside. The first thing I spot is a trash can. 10 seconds later i'm hunched over it vomiting my insides. I wipe my mouth as I slide down the side of large black trash can. The tears burn as they roll down my face and my hands are numb from the frosty air.

My heads buried in my knees when I hear a small voice.

"Louis?" I look up and see Lisa, Harry's nurse.

I quickly wipe my checks with my sleeves.

"Yeah it's, uh, it's me." I smile and I get off the ground.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She actually seems concerned considering the fact that she seemed to hate me yesterday.

"Nothing. It's not a big deal." I try to be as nonchalant as possible.

"It's obviously a big deal if it's got you sick and crying."

"I just got some bad news is all."

I can't even think twice before she wraps her arms around me in a hug. By instinct I do the same. The hugs nice. Shes warm and for just a few seconds I don't think about anything. But then the water works come. Tears are flowing down my face. I'm quite literally sobbing on the woman who doesn't even like me at 11:00 in the morning. She rubs my back as she shushes me.

"It's okay. It's all gonna be okay." She assures me.

"Ple-ase" I hiccup. "don't tell Har-ry."

She nods and I try to pull myself together.

———-

Aw Lisa and Louis who knew.