chapter eleven

Louis's POV

I followed the group of nurses surrounding Harry until we reached the doors of the operation rooms.

"I'm sorry but you can't come back here." He was nice and I appreciate his kindness even though I was a little hostile with him.

"No. Whats gonna happen? Is he okay? Just let me go back there. Please." I attempt to move past him but he steps in my way.

"I'm sorry son, but you can't. If you go down this hall take the next two lefts there's a waiting room that you can stay at until we know more." I turn and follow his directions to the waiting room.

——

Three hours go past. The waiting room was relatively empty, only 5 other people were there and 2 of them were together.

The door swings open followed by a dark haired average sized woman busting through. She runs to the counter.

"My son. Harry, Harry Styles. I was called that he had been taken into operation. Where is he!? I want to see him!" She's frantic.

I can't tell what the nurse is saying but i'm assuming she declined her because the woman takes a seat. This must be Harry's mum. Now looking at her she does look a bit like harry.

——
Another hour passes. I decide to get up and get some water. They have complementary waters in the waiting room as if that will make up for the anticipation of what's happening to your loved one 20 feet away. I grab two and take one to his mum.

"I thought you might want one." I smile and hand her the bottle.

She looks up a bit confused but covers it with a smile as well. "Thank you."

"I'm Louis. I was with Harry when everything happened." She moves her purse out of the seat next to her, I take it as a sign to sit down.

"Oh, He's told me so much about you." Her smile is nice but you can see the worry in her eyes. "I'm glad he had you and wasn't alone."

"Are you his mum?" I'm almost certain she is but I want to be 100% sure.

"Yes, you can call me Anne."

Before our conversation can continue a nurse walks through the door.

"Harry's Family?"

We both jump up and walk towards the woman with a clipboard.

"If you'll follow me i'll take you to his room where the doctor will come in and tell you everything you need to know."

We follow her down a short hall and to a small recovery room. Harry's laying on the bed looking extremely lifeless, and its breaking my heart. His mum rushes to his side and grabs his hand. You can see the tears roll off her face onto the sheets. I'm not sure what to do so I just pull a stool to the other side.

Within minutes the doctor walks in. He nods his head to me then faces Anne.

"Hello Anne, Your son here has had a wild night. From the symptoms he had we decided to run a few test and x-rays. Like we expected Harry had grown a new tumor. This time in his left kidney. It was only about the size of a large grape and we were able to remove it."

I looked over at Harry. He was connected to at least 9 different machines. He was so helpless and I wish it were me, he has family who cares and needs him. It would have been so much easier if it had been me.

"I want to keep him in recovery for at least another day. We'll run some more test to be positive the tumor didn't spread to other parts of his body. He should be better and ready to go back to his own room tomorrow night. Of course he'll still be sore and will need to take it easy but other than that he should be good as new." The doctor hands some paper work to Anne, to which she fills out quickly. He then gets up gives me a soft smile and pat on the back then heads for the door.

I have been having small talk with Anne for about half an hour when Harry groans in pain. His eyes slowly open as his Mum rushes to his side. I feel it's best to let them have their moment first.

"Hi baby." She takes her hand and slowly moves his hair off his forehead.

"Mum?" She grabs his hand and tightens around it. "Wheres Louis? I was with him." She looks over at me which draws his attention to me as well. I can't help but smile when his pain filled face lights up just the slightest bit.

"Hey." A dumb smile creeps onto my face as I place my hand on the railing of his bed.

"I'm sorry I ruined our night." His happy face fades.

"What? No you didn't ruin anything. You just scared us. We're glad you're okay." He reaches out and places his hand on mine. My stomach does a few backflips from this subtle gesture.

——
EKK LOUIS MET HIS MUM! this is crazy. Also the wedding has already happened if y'all were confused or wondering