chapter sixteen

Harry's POV

I cant help how angry I get, trust me I don't like being this way, but when the one person who i've had a real connection with in the last 5 years is waiting for time to run out I just get so defensive.

It's been three days and he's finally getting out of the ICU. I wasn't allowed back in after the little scene we had so it's been a long three days.

I go to his room and sit on his couch, my hands are held together and i'm looking down at the floor when I hear a bag hit the ground.

"Hey, just couldn't stay away could ya?" He smirks witch makes me smile. I'm put to ease knowing he's not still mad at me.

I don't say anything, I just get up and kiss him. I missed his lips, his soft pink lips. He stumbles back at first but I steady him by putting my hand on his back. He grabs my face and puts himself further into the kiss. It's been too long since we've touched in this way, I never want to go this long again.

"I'm sorry." I mumble between breaths

"I forgive you." He pulls away.

"Can I take your somewhere?" I ask as I take his hand into mine.

Before he can answer I pull him out of his room and to the elevator. We're running down the halls before we know it. I'm laughing and so is he, it's amazing and I'm falling more in love with him by the second.

"Here!" I exclaim.

"the 'neonatal unit'?" He questions as he reads the white letters on the blue plaque.

I open the door without any word and gesture him in. I walk to the large glass window that displays the dozen of babies that lay newly born.

"It's my favorite place in the whole hospital." I look at him. "They all have such clean slates, ya know?" I look back down at the small children who have such little control over their infant bodies. "No responsibility but so many possibilities. We could be looking at a future president right now but we'd never know." I laugh at my own remark and I see a smile swipe across Louis face.

"There's so many." His blue eyes widen.

——
We're still on the 'Neonatal Unit' just now we've migrated to the bench across from the big glass window. We had some small conversation where we talked about the whole James situation and how I just walked in at the wrong time. I believe Louis and hope that we can over come the small incident. Now we were playing 20 questions just instead of guessing an animal or object we are using it to learn more about each other.

"Okay my turn." He turns his whole body towards me now. "Do you want kids?"

I didn't realize how hard the question hit me until now. "Yeah, I do." My head sort of falls as I intertwine my fingers. "It's just that when I was diagnosed with cancer the doctor warned that chemo could lower the chances of me being a carrier. My parents still thought that I should take that risk even if it meant I couldn't have kids, so I did. A few years ago I found out that those chances were pretty good and If I ever wanted to have children by partner would have to be the carrier." I look back up to meet Louis in his eyes. He has a look of sympathy displayed across his face.

"Wow mate, I'm sorry." He goes silent for a moment, then two.

"What about you?"

"Hm?"

"Do you want kids?"

"Uh, yeah, actually. I do." He smiles which automatically makes me smile too.

Weirdly he does something I wasn't expecting. He pull his feet onto the bench beside him and lays his head on my shoulder. Our bodies physically touching brings me peace inside and i'm filled with warmth.

——
After a long afternoon we end up parting out ways after we're done playing a few video games in Louis room. I kiss him goodbye before he walks me to his door, I know he's such a gentleman, there I turn around and meet him eye to eye.

"Louis?"

"Yeah?" He answers with a confused tone in his voice.

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

He doesn't say anything, he simply just closes the door.

What? Did he really just close the door on me? I don't know what to do. Do I knock? Leave? what does this man expect I do?

Then the door opens again.

"I never thought you'd ask!" The biggest grin is smeared across his face as he wraps his arms around my neck. I wish someone had been recording so I can rewatch this moment over and over again.

—————————