chapter thirteen

Louis's POV

I stand there with tears streaming down my cheeks. I've felt pain before but never in this way. He said he loves me, well 'loved' that hit me hard.

"Hey, babe don't cry." James wiped my tears away.

"Stop! What the hell?" I grab his wrist and push him away from me.

"Who said you could just show up? Huh? Exactly, no body. Do you know what the fuck you've done?"

"How is this my fault, Louis? I came to surprise you but by the looks of things you've got a new boyfriend." He looks confused at first but then the confusion turns into hate.

"I did have a new boyfriend but because of you now I don't. And don't act like your the innocent one here, we broke up, THEE YEARS AGO!" I turn around.

"Leave." He just stands there. "I said LEAVE!"

I fall to the ground sobbing. I've ruined everything. I watch as James grabs his bags and walks out the door. It doesn't hurt me like I thought it would, probably because I'm too worried about Harry.

After I give James time to get out of the hospital I run to the cancer unit. I bust through the doors and down the hall to his room. As I lift my hand to knock the door opens.

"Louis you need to go." Lisa says as she steps into the hall closing the door behind her.

"I just want to apologize, please. I messed up and I want to talk to him. Lisa come on please." I plead.

"No. He's tired and in pain. Both physically and emotional. Just give him time." She stands in the door way until I give in and leave.

——
Days go by with no word from Harry. I've texted him multiple times, called and left voicemails, I've even gone to his room for the past week begging Lisa and  him to open the door. I just wish he knew the real story. I didn't kiss James. I was about to tell him about Harry and how I moved on when he grabbed me and placed his mouth on mine. Then Harry walked in. Granted I shouldn't have left so abruptly but my intentions were good, I wanted to tell James about Harry before he started looking for me or finding out on his own. I wish I could just turn back time and do everything differently.

I want Harry more than ever now. My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow and I was planning on him being by my side. My family isn't gonna be here, none of my friends are gonna be here, and I'm not close with any of the nurse here like Harry is. He was the only person I counted on being there. I'm beyond scared of what's going to happen but I'm even more scared of losing Harry.

I feel so dumb for getting attached to a boy I only met 2 months ago but he's different and I know it. He said he wanted to live for me and have a normal life together someday. How could I be so stupid to ruin that for him, for me.

I'm slowly giving up hope as I lay in bed waiting for my phone to ring. I can't wait any more. I pick up the phone one last time. Scrolling through my contacts I select Harry's names. The dial tone starts to ring. Like I expected, no answer. I leave my last voicemail.

"It's Louis. Again. I'm so sorry Harry. I just want us to be okay again.... I swear what you saw was completely out of context. I want to be with you. Please just answer the phone. I Lo-" I'm cut off by the answer machine telling me I've run out of time.

"FUCK!" I holler.

I turn on my side as I shed a few tears before falling asleep.

———-
don't yell at me, I know it's a short chapter. I just couldn't think of what else to add lol.