XIII: Where Are You Hisoka?

Maria had just arrived in Yorknew City after riding in the train, like Abaki has said. She walked around looking at the stalls. She is not sure where Hisoka would be, as he only said he'd be in the city. So Maria just wandered around, hoping to meet him by chance.

Hisoka has just finished meeting up with Kurapika in the abandoned circus at Glam Gas Land. After talking about their team up, Kurapika went back to Yorknew City to do his business. Then Hisoka went to the room where he stayed with Maria and found it empty. He was confused, but thought that Abaki may have trained her somewhere else. When he was about to leave, he saw Abaki returning.

"Hisoka, what are you doing here?"

"Abaki? Shouldn't you be training Maria by now?"

"What? So you two haven't met yet?"

"No, why?" he frowned.

"We finished training yesterday. And she said she'd go to Yorknew City to meet up with you."

"You finished the training? I told you to teach her everything about nen."

"I did. And she had already mastered all of them. All that's left now is creating her own abilities and an experience."

"Really now~" he smiled, "she was able to master it all in two months...fascinating~"

"Yeah. I guess you two are gifted to learn nen in just a short time."

"Okay then where have you been? The place was empty when I got here"

"I just went to the town nearby to hunt."

"I see. Well then, thanks for your help. Here's the payment."

"Thanks. Have fun you two."

He went back to Yorknew City and decided to let Maria roam around first. He is waiting for the perfect time to be alone with the leader, Chrollo, anyway. He went back to the Phantom Troupe's hiding spot.

Maria went to an internet cafe and opened the hunter website. 'It's taking so long to find Hisoka, maybe I'd search for a type of hunter to help me decide' She slid the license in the card slot of the computer and successfully accessed the website.

She searched for the types of hunter a person can be. She browsed through the descriptions, and felt disappointed as most of them included fighting. Though there are some that are simple, but not her taste. She stopped scrolling as she sees the perfect type of hunter she can be, a Botanical Hunter. A botanical hunter is a hunter who is expert in plants. They also search and collect them, especially rare ones.

'Perfect! This is the perfect job for me. Not much fighting is involved, unless necessary which is rare. And I get to see more flowers and plants! Maybe I could sell some of the rare plants in an acceptable amount so I could make a living out of this. I should search for collectors who are interested. Hmm.. I also need a place where I can take care of the plants and reproduce them. Maybe I should buy an island! Like Zevil Island during the exam. Yeah, I'd do that. Finally, I have a dream. I have finally created a plan!'

Maria felt overwhelmed as this was the first time she has ever dreamt of something. Although it seemed so high and out of reach, buying an island, it still made her happy for this was the first ever ambition she had. She felt exhilarated and excited in telling Hisoka about this. She continued to search for the rare flowers and made a list of the places where it can be found. She also saw an island that was for sale worth 30 billion jennies.

'This is the perfect island for me! There's a waterfall and a river. It is surrounded by huge trees, and some friendly animals! Perfect, just perfect! I'd buy this. I'd save up enough money for me to buy this. But how though...'