XV: Are You My Father?

"You've grown quite well little bird~"

Hisoka looked at the bush nearby. "You can come out now~"

Maria was frozen from her hiding spot. 'Did he figure out what I did? How did he know? I'm freaking dead. I'm freaking dead for real!'

"If you're not gonna come out in my count of three, I will come and get you~"

'Sht. sht. Sht. I'm gonna freaking die!'

"One~"

Maria calmed herself down. She stabilized her breathing.

"Two~"

Hisoka walked slowly towards the bush where she was. Maria took a deep breath and stood up. He smiled at her with her eyes closed.

"Hello little bird~"

"H-how?" she stammered, "How long did you...know?"

"A little late actually~" he shrugged, "When I came out of that flower, I saw a movement in that bush. It was when you hid in there, right? And when I was about to get you, you sent your double out and punched me so I wouldn't notice."

"Why.... why didn't you attack me?"

"~Because," he booped her nose, "I knew I already won."

"Then why did you kill my double?"

"~To spite you," he giggled. "Although, I do not appreciate you copying Kastro's ability."

Maria looked at her doppelganger's corpse lying on the ground. Her eyes are still open, but lifeless. Her whole face is covered in blood. Hisoka looked at the corpse too and smiled.

"All that blood looks good on you. It really brings out your eyes~" he teased.

Maria looked at him horrified. She wanted to run away and escape this menacing clown, but she was frozen in her spot. May it be because of his bungee gum or just because of her own fear, whatever it is, it is keeping her from running away.

"Are you gonna kill me now?" she whispered.

"I just did~" he whispered back teasingly.

"I mean, me. The real me."

Hisoka laughed and walked closer to her. Maria tried to step back, but she couldn't move. She turned on her Gyo and saw that she was wrapped in his bungee gum. He held her face while smirking, Maria's eyes glistened with fear and her body was trembling. Hisoka pushed her head to him and smashed his lips in hers, again.

Maria widened her eyes, her heart skipped a beat. 'What is this? Why is he kissing me?' His kiss was rough again, he devoured her mouth. She felt the bungee gum detached from her body, she thought about running away. But her body betrayed her, instead she closed her eyes and leaned into the kiss. Hisoka wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to deepen the kiss. Maria moaned from the kiss, he took this opportunity to slide his tongue inside her mouth again and explored her cavern. Maria was consumed, she found herself desperate to match his movements.

'Oh Hisoka. I've missed you, truly.'

Hisoka pulled away from the kiss, a string of their saliva still attached, he looked at her and smirked. Maria's eyes were half closed and she was panting as the kiss took her breath away.

"I'm just glad you can finally put up a fight~"

"What?" she asked, still panting.

"I meant, I didn't want to kill you little bird. I just wanted to fight you~"