VI: Final Phase

Maria and Hisoka began hunting on their own. Maria walked around the forest, searching for her target. A couple of days had passed, and she didn't see anyone around. She saw a river nearby and decided to take a quick bath, while wearing her clothes, cause you never know who is looking. After bathing, she changed into her dry clothes, and abandoned the dirty ones.

Four days left 'till the phase ends and she still hasn't found her target. She continued to look around, climbing trees to have a broader look, but didn't see anyone. While in a tree, she felt some sort of weapon approaching her.

"Ouch!" she exclaimed as a number badge hit her in the face.

She caught it, and checked the number, #197. She looked around, and saw that no one was around. Nice, a lost badge found its way to me. And it was so close to my target. I wonder how it got here.

She tried to look around the area, to see if the other badge was with it. But unfortunately, there wasn't. She pondered if she'd just hunt two random people as Hisoka did, or continue searching for her target. Nevertheless, she continued walking and searching for other examinees.

She stumbled into a beautiful looking flower and admired it for a while. When she was left abandoned in the Misty Forest, she was always looking and admiring the rare flowers and plants she sees. As she was too focused on the flower, she didn't notice that Hanzo was behind her.

"Yo!" he greeted.

Maria turned around immediately and held Hisoka's card.

"See. I happened to lose my target's badge, so I just got two random points and now only need one. And now I see you here, and thought maybe you could give me your badge?"

"I have one extra badge here that I could give you." she frowned. "This is not my target, but it could be yours. I can give it to you, if you show me all the badges you have."

Hanzo thought for a while. If he shows her the badges, he can easily take it away as she does not look like someone who would put up a fight.

"Okay," he replied and showed three of his badges, including his own.

Maria's eyes widened as she saw #198.

"That's my target!"

Hanzo immediately hid his badges. "Now show me yours."

She showed him the random badge, and Hanzo's eyes widened as well.

"That's my target too!"

"Alright, I guess we can settle with exchanging targets then?" Maria inquired.

"Sure, sure."

They then exchanged badges and went on separate ways. Maria looked at the flowers in front of her again, and picked one from its roots. She is really good at taking care of nature, such as flowers and plants when she was left in the forest. 'Maybe I can take care of you after this exam.' She then started walking with the flower.

She finally finished the task for the Fourth phase. 'Alright! Finally done. I wonder how Ponzu is doing.' She decided to look around the forest to spot her friend and wait with her until the phase ends. A few days have passed again, but she kept looking around.

Last day of the fourth phase, she finally saw Ponzu leaning on a nearby tree, unconscious.

"PONZU!" she exclaimed and ran to her.

She checked her vitals to see if she's okay. After confirming she's well, she then tried to wake her up. But she was in a deep sleep.

'I can't just leave her here alone.'