23: How we became who we are

Start from the beginning

"I didn't know...That you have young armies too, Adri..." Alistair said, smiling a bit.

"Hey guys...How are you guys doing?" Adrion asked as he went on his knees.

"We're doing great! Also..." One of them said.

"We're sorry we got in trouble..."

"We didn't mean to upset you..."

"We'll follow your orders more Sir..."

"Hey, don't be like that...It was just an accident, I know you guys didn't mean it." Adrion said, trying to smile.

The Successors noticed that the kids were laughing for a while, then were giving confused looks. The others wondered why until Alistair went up to him, seeing Adrion crooked smile. He stopped smiling and he got up, he said his goodbyes to the children and they went on their way. They went back to the Main Gate and got ready to go home.

"So we're gonna be sleeping by your place for the time being?" Francis asked, the siblings nodding.

"How about we have a sleepover? We have no school tomorrow anyway." Alice suggested. The others nodding.

"Better than nothing..." Adrion said.

They packed up their things, bringing the basker and went back home. While Francis and Alistair prepared to get their things from their homes, Alice and Adrion prepare for the sleepover. Preparing the beds in the living room, cook up dinner, bring out the movies and games, and change into their sleepwear. When Francis and Alistair arrived with all the things they need for a few days, they settled in the house to change and hang out.

"So, how about we have dinner first? Adrion cooked it up for us." Alice said. Adrion called and they went to the dining room.

They had mini pizzas that were handmand with fresh ingredients and the biscuits Alice received from Oliver for dinner. They got their pizza and sauce, getting their own ingredients. They enjoyed their dinner and the siblings washed the dishes and kept the leftover ingredients in the fridge for future dishes. Alistair grabbed one of the games in the box near the television, preparing the board so they can play after. Myst then came out and sat on Alistair's shoulder.

"That's Myst, right?" Francis asked, Alistair nodding and introducing him.

"So, we're going to be playing now?" Adrion said as the siblings came out.

"Mhm...Also Myst is here to join us..." Alistair said.

They played the board game for a while, they chose other games and played until they're bored. Things were silent for a while until they decided to talk about their experiences doing their parents' tasks. Each of them explained their experiences, transitioning to their past memories.

"So, you didn't like anyone getting in fights?" Adrion asked.

"Yeah, I learned that after I got myself in the clinic." Francis said.

"I wanna know more..." Alistair said.

"Oh...I-I guess we can do that." Francis said.

"Who wants to go first?" Alice asked them, Francis raising his hand.

They all settled in a circle and Francis started to tell them about his past.

Francis Windre Estra was the only child of Lily and Finn Estra. His father was a doctor and his mother was a nurse. He was always given the best of gifts, since his parents cherish him ever since he was born. On his 5th birthday, he was given a bag charm with a small crystal attached to it. His parents told him that this was going to be very important in the future, so he promised himself he'll take care it. When he grew older, he wanted to know more about the things his parents were doing while they're at work, so he asked and both of them taught Francis about Medicine in his childhood, and later on gave him the interest of Science, specifically chemistry. Throughout his high school years, he is mostly put in the category of the nerdy types, ones that mostly spend time in the library and spend most of their time for doing schoolwork. Francis had noticed this kind of habit he has made bullies come to him, so he tried to fix that by being more social and not pouring all his time into studying and experiments, though he stills does these activities in his spare time.