21: Need to be Prepared

They finished their training session for today so, they all met up in the Main Gate. As they were discussing their current progress and adjustments, the topic of the glowing eyes and suspicious figures were brought when they arrived at the meeting room.

"Now that I think about it, what about the glowing eyes and possible Wilders?" Alice asked.

"I think they are Wilders...One of them may be related to Zion." Florence responded.

"How?" Francis asked.

"Zion's eyes hurt, and it's turning into a different color.. It gave us a clue that it's something related to him." Owen said, the other Crystals checking on Zion's eye.

"Is he okay?"Adrion asked.

"His eye is turning a different color...he's crying blood..." Aiden said, carrying him to a nearby bed.

"It's best for you young one to not get too close to him, since you might get hurt." Florence said, as Finn and Lily are finding his medicine and giving him a small check-up.

"I feel like...He was there...He was so close...Agh!" Zion said and winced in pain as he covered his eye.

"Here you go, Zion." Finn said, giving him special eye drops, then covering his eye with an eye patch.

"He's weak right now, best for him to rest." Lily said.

While Zion was resting, Aiden keeps an eye on him while Florence, Owen and the parents talk to the Successors about their training and why Zion was suddenly ill.

"Why was Zion suddenly ill? Even though it's just his eye that hurt a while ago..." Adrion asked.

"It's something related to his family...More specifically his brother, Acheros. You would most likely remember him in the archives of Leaders.... Though, we don't know why this even happens." Owen explained.

"Wait, isn't Acheros the replaced Leader...?" Alistair asked.

"Yes, He was replaced after the feedback we receive on his first days." Florence said.

"Yet, after the replacement...We never knew what happened to him after, other than he murdered their father and hid in the forest along with the corpse. When he was found, Zion himself was the one who declared the verdict, making his brother a Wilder." Florence explained.

"We can really see that Acheros was very disappointed at the decision, but we didn't expect him to do something that brutal." Aiden said, as he watched Zion sleep peacefully.

The Crystals let the Successors and their parents go back home, while they take care of Zion. They will be continuing training, but Zion and another Crystal will not be always present. When the Successors went home, the other Crystals discussed about what happened in each other's territories. They were shocked to see another case of Wilder trespass.

"Best we prepare for any Wilder trespass. Two of them survived, but now they may be growing numbers." Owen said.

"Should we start preparing the shelter procedures for each territory?" Aiden asked.

"Best to be prepared, 2 out of the 4 Wilders are dead, the surviving Wilders will try to go in again to where they went in last time. We need to inform our citizens for a sudden evacuation just in case they broke in...We'll be covering any entrance outside the wall, I can already guess that they destroyed the river openings. " Owen said, the others nodding.

"But, what about the Successors?" Florence asked.

"We'll still train them, but considering a dangerous threat coming to our land, it's best to postpone once the situation is starting to affect the other creatures." Aiden said.