Chapter 7 - Just A Dream

Mata Lakshmi was now growing impatient. Krishnaa's death was something she never expected in this story, so she asked Narayan some questions out of curiosity

"Swami, Krishnaa died three years ago, now how Arjun and Draupadi are supposed to live the life they deserve if Draupadi is not there with Arjun anymore ?"

"You are forgetting something that I called Draupadi Sakhi and Arjun was also my Sakha as well as Bhrata. Do you really think that I granted them another birth just so they can live a life together? My reason for granting them another birth is much greater than that. Just relax and enjoy everything now."

Mata Lakshmi was still not very satisfied but she was certainly assured that if Narayan has planned something must be important.

Back here in the library Paarth, Kunal and Divya just found that Krishnaa died in the Comet Tiamet Disaster three years ago. Paarth was at loss of words. His eyes stuck at her name. Roohi's and Naani Maa's name was written there as well. Kunal and Divya themselves were quite surprised by this shocking discovery.

"That's her? You're wrong, you gotta be. This girl, she died here three years ago." Divya exclaimed not able to believe everything she got to know today.

"Just two or three weeks ago, she said I'll be able to see the comet." Paarth said to himself trying to analyse everything.

"Does that mean?" Paarth said looked up at the glass window which his showing his reflection as it was dark outside. He recalled the last words he ever heard from anyone from Mridkhand.

You are dreaming right now, aren't you?

"I.. wa-was I?" Paarth stuttered not being able to put all the pieces of the puzzle together.

The trio returned to the motel where they took a break earlier. As it was already dark they decided to stay over there. Divya while waiting in the reception lit her cigarette and smoked some.

Kunal came over and she said,

"Sounds lively over there."

"They only have one room left. I am really sorry." He apologised..

"It's not a problem." She replied and smiled a little.

"How's Paarth?" She asked.

"He's still reading articles on Mridkhand. Seems obsessive." Kunal said as making himself a coffee. He joined Divya at chairs. As Divya scrolled at her phone Kunal eyed her. She giggled and asked him

"What is it?"

"Oh sorry. You smoke, huh?"

"Yeah, I did quit at one point." Divya answered. Kunal asked another question, changing the topic

"What do you think about what Paarth is saying?" Divya sighed and answered

"I have feelings for him, you know? The way he has been recently, I mean he was a nice guy before but he is even nicer now. Kind of.... frantic but it was cute. Although I do think what is been telling definitely is strange sounding." She sighed once again and added

"At the end, it's evident that he has met someone and that person is reason he has changed. That much is for sure." She concluded her answer.

Here, Paarth was skimming through all the articles, magazines and books he could find, trying to search for his answers. For 101729th time he once again picked up his phone and checked his journal which was still empty.

He closed his eyes in frustration and kept his on the table. After he few moments he said

"It was all just dreams." to himself not being to figure out what was happening.