Epilogue

"Why am I here? What am I doing?" Paarth asked himself these questions as he woke up the next morning and looked at the bitter reminder of him missing something, that line etched on his palm as well as heart.

These questions didn't leave Paarth. He may have moved on in life concentrating on his studies and career, these questions always lingered on the back of his mind.

Whenever alone, he would look down at his palm, the place where that line was and think about trying to get any answers but he would feel that he is missing something.

Even now, five years later, when he is the metro going for a job interview he is trying to figure the why he went to Mridkhand all those years back while looking down at his palm.

After a while, he gave up and looked outside the metro with a vacant mind. That's when something caught his eye in the sea of people present the platform. It was red string tied to someone's wrist.

As soon as the metro stopped, he got out at the station looking for it but it was now out of his sights. When he realised that his shoulders slumped and his gaze fell down at his feet.

I'm always searching for something... or someone. This feeling had consumed for sometime now. 

"The reason I applied for this position... The landscapes people live in... To build a city's landscape... Even Tokyo it might vanish too one day, and so I wanna make landscape... how should I put this?" Paarth thought for while giving the answer to the interviewers because he cannot put his thoughts into words.

"That continue warm people's hearts." He said at a loss of words knowing that he is not going to get ghis job either.

After giving the interview, he went to meet up with Kunal and Dev at their regular cafè.

"That bad? How many does that make it?" Dev questioned after hearing about Paarth's interview.

"I have stopped counting." He replied.

"Doesn't sound too promising." Kunal remarked at his response.

"Who asked you?" Paarth questioned him, clearly irritated.

"That suit could be the problem." Dev said trying to irritate him deliberately.

"It looks just like yours!" Paarth exclaimed.

"Well I have eight offers." Dev gave him smirk while answering.

"I have eight myself." Kunal added.

Paarth gritted his teeth at them in frustration when his phone chimed with a notification. Someone has texted him asking him to meet them.

Is what I am searching for someone? Or some place? Or am I just searching for the righ job? I don't even really know.

Divya was scrolling at phone waiting for Paarth. She heard footstep approaching here and looked up to find Paarth in formal suit walking upto her.

"Oh.....you're job hunting huh?" She asked.

"I haven't had much luck though." He answered sheepishly rubbing his neck. Divya hmmed as she looked at him as if, examining him and then said

"Hey maybe it's the suit that's killing your chances." She said with a serious tone.

"Does it really look that bad on me?" He asked, horrified.

Divya just giggled at his response because she was just messing around.
They continued on with their meeting and Paarth asked

"So why the sudden call today?"

"I was in the area for work and it figured it that it's been a while since I saw your face."