Chapter 8 - The Past

The drawing on the wall of the shrine was showing a comet from which a part has been separated and is falling somewhere.

Paarth fell on the ground, his eyes transfixed on the drawing. The drawing then took the shape of a thread, leading Paarth into another dimension, time.

The thread lead Paarth and showed him several events, starting from a comet falling at earth destructing and then the formation of life.

In the distant background, the wailing of newborn could be. The scene then changed to a woman in a hospital bed, wearing a hospital gown looking at her child with loving and warm eyes. The newborn has clenched the one of her fingers giving her immense joy.

"Your name is going to be... Krishnaa." Paarth gazed at the scene, eyes filled with wonder, curiosity and questions.

Then he saw the family photo of a toddler Krishnaa with her parents', all in shrine outfits.

"Both of you are my treasures." Was said by Krishnaa's father in the background.

The scene he witnessed was Krishnaa's parents telling her that

"You're going to be big sister."

And then suddenly it changed to card saying

Get well soon, Mom. And next to it was a lady with her two daughters drawn on it.

"I'm sorry, my dears" said another voice and the scene to changed to Krishnaa, Roohi and Shivansh by the side of dying .

Proceeding on to the procession of Krishnaa's dead mother. When the final rites where taking place, a familiar innocent voice was asking something

"Papa, when is Mumma going to come home?"

"I couldn't save her." Said Shivansh who was about to break down.

"Get ahold of yourself." Said an angry Sangam.

"Who cares about the shrine?!"

"But you're the incharge now!"

"I loved  not the Roy shrine!"

"Get out!" Krishnaa was listening to it all and when she heard the conclusion of it, her knees gave in. She crouched and started crying so bad that her entire body shook.

Shivansh left behind both of his daughters and then Sangam told them "Girls, from on, you two would be living with Naani Maa."

Paarth saw all of this not bring able to everything Krishnaa been through. In a few minutes her sweet and sugary dream like life turned into a dark and scary nightmare.

He then saw Krishnaa opening her notebook to find something written inside it

Who are you?

"Who am I? Who are you" He heard Krishnaa saying this and then proceeded to see her writing something on his palm. It was her name

Krishnaa

"Don't be so full of yourself. LikE yOu hAvE A gIrlfRieNd." He heard her voice and saw her writing Idiot on her face, a message she once conveyed to him.

Krishnaa was getting ready and saying to herself

"Let's be nice. They probably met up about now." She didn't realise that subconciously tears started to spill down her cheeks. As she saw herself crying in the mirror she took a sharp breath in and asked to herself

"Why am I? Why?"

Krishnaa said to Roohi as she made her to the station

"I'm going to Ranchi."