Chapter 2: The New

A/N: Listening to; So remember how I always have 'Anne Bonny' by Karliene on here? Well, she made a whole freaking album and I LOVE IT! #Girlpower

This is the URL for the playlist;playlist

 https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nZrZ_ewoUd1CWfW4gizem77Y2P_4quXfA

Rosner situation: This story does NOT support Adam Rosner. I have a link that he may make a statement around Christmas. So we're waiting. Stay safe NEVER victim shame!

What's up y'all? Welcome back to chapter 2! Please enjoy, comment, vote, and follow!thank you!

Third Person P.O.V

The world seemed to darken more as the Observer stepped out of the fog, followed by the Collective. "About f***in' time," Habit huffed, kicking a twig, "What took you so long?" "We're busy people, Habit," he said, throwing a glance back at the rest of the Collective, "Especially lately."

Habit pointed past an exhausted Patrick to Lexx and saud "Yeah, I want a refund on partners." "Excuse me?" She snapped her compact shut, "I save your life." "Yeah, but I also did a better job! Lee was YOUR problem and YOU couldn't deal with a 9 fingered-" "Enough." The observer cut in, "Both of you did terribly. You too, Patrick." "To my defence, I was playing a double agent." he muttered, wiping away a bloody nose.

"Do you know what's coming?" "No," Habit said, "What do I look like? A-" "A rhetorical question." "And a comeback, debbie-downer." he huffed, hacking into a tree with his machete.

"The Puppets have been brought in to protect the perimeter," He explained, "but we need Merrick gone soon. They have the book and the clock hands-" He shot a look at Patrick, "-which, if you noticed, isn't good for the Operator." "We know this," Lexx cut in, "But if we have another chance-" "You're not getting taken off of the case, Lexx," He said, "But, you're no longer trusted to get the job done." "Lovely." She hissed, smacking Habit's arm.

"Instead, we have a new friend to join in. A new... hunter..." he nodded to the fog, and Deadhead and Cursor marched in behind an imposing figure. They did not act as guards, but as escorts. He stopped in front of them, a blaack jacket over a yellow sweat-shirt. His face was hidden behind a black mask with a red frowning face. The red eyes were done over with a sharpie, marking the Operator's symbol.

For a moment, they stood in silence, only distant shrieks of the Rake's Forest sounding. Until Habit said "Well, goodie. He's real pretty, Observer. Now, I have-" The Observer ignored him, pulling the man's hood down and whipping his mask away. Dead, blank eyes stared ahead. Lexx covered her mouth in a gasp, and Patrick straightened up. Habit stepped closer.

"Holy h***, is that Brian Thoms?" "You know it is," The Observer smirked, "One of Jay's old friends." "Whow," he shook his head, "How'd you catch the mother f***er? We've had people out after him forever." "Slippery, but, thankfully, we have a little advantage," the Observer held up a phone, "It appears Jay trusts him."

~~~~

Jay washed his face for the third time. The cold water used to shock him into alertness, but he couldn't wash away the fuzzy feeling. He felt a creeping dizziness. Staring in the mirror, he found the dark circles under his eyes had only grown. His skin was more pale than ever. His hands had started trembling as well. Something new.

The scar. He'd forgotten about the symbol carved into his neck. He scratched the dark scabs away, but a pink line hung on.

He couldn't seem to get control of his hands. They shook as if he were afraid. But he wasn't, not right now. He was safe as long as he was in this hotel, with these people. It didn't matter. And why are you even here? He asked himself, Why are you alive right now? The answer was a shadowy figure by the name of Firebrand. He lifted his shirt, finding a dark pink scar in his abdomen. The killing shot. Alex's killing shot. The shot meant to take his life. A mission it failed.

Sighing, he turned off the tap, and went to leave. But he stopped, looking at Tim's bag. A hot flush came over him as he meant the empty eyes of a mask. Tim's mask. My mask. He couldn't stop himself. He stepped forward, taking the mask with a steady hand.

Turning back to the mirror, he put the mask on. His scar burned, and his chest tightened for a moment, before his whole body seemed to relax. A strange buzz started sounding in his head, as the darkness lines of the mask bore through the mirror into his eyes, staining the darkness when he dared blink.

"Jay?"

He jumped, ripping the mask off, "Yeah?" "Umm, Lee wants you," Vinny said, "Just so you know..." "What's up?" he asked, cramming the mask back into his bag. "Apparently, you're going somewhere."

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

Yay! A pretty short chapter, I know, but very fun to make! I still can't get over my love of having Habit and Lexx together! They're super fun to write together!

ALSO, GOTTA SAY IT; MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Please have a wonderful, safe, and merry Christmas!! I hope you get to be with friends and family!! Please be safe, and be merry! God bless us! Everyone!! <3

So what are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments!! Please be sure to comment, vote, and follow!!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING! I LOVE YOU! HAVE AN AWESOME DAY! SPREAD SOME LOVE!!

- J <3